IGNORED

Youtube videos worth watching

AnotherLee

28 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

I saw you land and check your shorts😀

Nope, was no concern at all.  Co-worker said, "hey Rich, you wanna go jump out of a plane", no hesitation, I said "sure", so we did.

1994 I broke my collarbone at Benning,...my only shot at jump school.  So, nearly 30 years later, bam, out of a plane (with a big hairy guy strapped to my ass :14:).  Much too short of a ride, waaaay to short.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Rougarou said:

(with a big hairy guy strapped to my ass

Not that there is anything wrong with that    :3:

• Haha 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 7/12/2023 at 7:42 PM, Rougarou said:

That's a nicely made video, and looks like a fun jump. 

About 30 years ago some friends and I went skydiving.  Being poor grad students, most of us opted for the cheaper static-line jump, but one guy splurged and did the tandem jump like you did.  His was the last jump of the day, and jumping from much higher (10,000' for tandem, versus 3,000 feet for our static-line jumps), he literally got to see the sun set - I mean it went all the way from fully above the horizon to completely gone - during his freefall.  :cool:

Joe Frickin' Friday

Gotta say, this was an impressively tall and complex wood-block tower, with a very clever collapse mechanism (collapse starts at 3:26):

• Like 3

Yeah, I guess Vermont got hammered. Maybe I should see if wunderlich has a float setup for the GS… :spittake:

• Smile 1
3 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Classic!   He looks over first to make sure it ain't the cops.   

So not a complete idiot. Close though. Still entertaining.

Joe Frickin' Friday

C-RAM system taking down, or at least trying to take down, an inbound missile in Afghanistan (PG-13 for language).  Fire rate is reportedly 50 rounds per second.  These aren't lead bullets, they're high-explosive/incendiary rounds; around the 20-second mark, you can see them detonating (the white flashes), presumably because they've timed out without hitting a target.

Someone in the comments observed that the soldiers must have a lot of faith in the C-RAM if they're willing to stand there and record video instead of running for a bunker. 

High Speed chase that couldn't involve the PIT manuver.   For some reason, I picture the cops chasing with a huge grin on their face the whole time, possibly busting out laughing.  :classic_biggrin:

Theme music in homage to Benny Hill.   :burnout:

Joe Frickin' Friday
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Wish I could ride like a girl, well, this girl anyway! :spittake:

I love that she has to look through the fairing to see where she's going.  :classic_biggrin:

Meanwhile, anyone who's dealt with lockout-tagout knows these guys aren't doing it right:

• Like 1

So you're saying I shouldn't be crawling under my car supported only by my hydraulic floor jack?

Who knew?

Oh wait, every mechanic ever.

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 7/20/2023 at 7:52 PM, TEWKS said:

Somebody say crawling… Did I ever tell ya this stuff freaks me out! :classic_ohmy:

For a real good time, just add water:

@Mike, this is in your your neck of the woods (Fennimore).  Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.  :grin:

I HAD TO SHUT THAT OFF!! :facepalm: What the heck is wrong with people!!! Maybe, fill that underwater cavern with water moccasins for some real kicks? :dontknow:

• Smile 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

How to eliminate that troublesome boat wake when you want calm water for waterskiing:

• Like 1
On 7/22/2023 at 9:02 PM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

For a real good time, just add water:

@Mike, this is in your your neck of the woods (Fennimore).  Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.  :grin:

Not in this lifetime…or any!

RandyShields
On 7/19/2023 at 8:49 PM, fourteenfour said:

well nothing I do actually lets it embed and deleting seems oddly impossible

That was great!  Well made and clever.

Joe Frickin' Friday

You may have previously seen Leo P jamming away on a baritone sax in the NY subway system with Too Many Zooz.  Here he shows what's possible with a gigantic contrabass saxophone, a rare instrument that can play notes about an octave lower than the bari sax:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

I've spent more time than I like to think about watching towing videos on YT.  Never saw anyone attempt a job like that without the outriggers down.  This video is kind of fuzzy, I'm not sure that tow truck even has outriggers.  Usually 6x6 or 8x8 wood blocking would be placed where they can serve as wheel chocks when the semi is up righted to prevent this kind of disaster.

If you are interested in towing, and like watching other people work, Ron Pratt has some good videos.  He certainly knows his subject, but has a habit of considering alternatives out loud and reversing course that would drive me nuts if I worked for him.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, lkraus said:

wheel chocks

First thing done by Professionals.    I did this type of recovery work in my early 20's. Good times:thumbsup: