IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

2 hours ago, LBump said:

Pat, Are you going to broaden the stable? It would make a nice addition, plus you'll get to tinker with it :jaw:

I’m more of a L👀er these days! :classic_biggrin: The big test will be on the 28th of this month, the new GS is going to be shown. IDK if it’s gonna light my fire but, I’m sure looking forward to seeing it! :yes: 

Used prices on some bikes have been nuts by me. I've seen some on FB for HDs, 15, 20 year old that were 10K and up. Nothing special. I have to think they don't sell quickly or at those prices. 

Yeah Some Bikes are being posted without the owner really having any interest or intentions of selling them.

You might have the newish and still hot wife that throws out the bomb “it’s me or the bike” :classic_ohmy:

You get the bike flippers trying to make a buck but get greedy.

You get the patient fishermen just waiting for the right sucker fish to come along.

All kinds of reasons people price their stuff too high.

1 hour ago, SDCRJohn said:

Previous owner dropped shown in pics ”.....

wonder how difficult  to do that.

More of a chance moving it in and out of the garage (k16GT). That was the place I had to use a little extra caution and maybe, a little more muscle. :) 

Well this isn't on Craigslist, but on bring a trailer website.  It's my old bike I sold on consignment with a dealer in Houston.  It did my heart good to see it some 9 years later.  I always wondered if it was still going.  I really loved that bike.  It was dirt simple to work on.

No Reserve: 1979 BMW R100RT for sale on BaT Auctions - ending September 29 (Lot #122,466) | Bring a Trailer

• Like 3

It’s cool seeing your long lost, sold or traded bikes. I found my 97 f-650 and 05 RT for sale again on Craigslist years later. I often wonder if they still think about me, as I do them? :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

Once I have sold a vehicle, it is so worn out that no way does it get sold again, there is not much left for a resale. The buyer gets it from me knowing the next stop for that vehicle is the ground. Priced accordingly when I sell it.

Quick true story, 'cuz sidetrack:

Kid shows up to buy my worn out Jeep Grand Wagoneer, Limited, listed for $500. He has his mom with him, he looks it over, asks if I'll take $350. I say no, can't do that, make it $300. He just stalls, looks completely confused, I see his mom smile a bit, I tell him use the extra money for gas.

I also told him don't let his friends talk him into going off-roading, it will break and he'll have no car.

Yes, I am trying to buy my way into heaven.

• Like 5
21 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Well this isn't on Craigslist, but on bring a trailer website.  It's my old bike I sold on consignment with a dealer in Houston.  It did my heart good to see it some 9 years later.  I always wondered if it was still going.  I really loved that bike.  It was dirt simple to work on.

No Reserve: 1979 BMW R100RT for sale on BaT Auctions - ending September 29 (Lot #122,466) | Bring a Trailer

Old airheads are hard to beat. They run with the new bikes, can be fixed on the side of the road, or in your garage, and are infinitely rebuildable. 

4 hours ago, taylor1 said:

I wouldn't go as far to say that my airhead runs with the new bikes, but absolutely agree with every other statement.

What I meant, is that if your riding with a few friends, that have new(er) machines, you shouldn’t have any issues stayin’ with the pack.

• Like 1

To your point, I could ride 70-80-90 all day.  I think if I remember correctly WOT was only about 110.  The brakes were scary weak.  The only think you ever had to do was change fluids and sync the carbs about once a year.  It was a darn site lighter than what we ride today.  It was way more flickable than my RT of today, but I wouldn't trade back.  When I had the 100RT I also had my 1150RT with whizzy brakes.  The 100 was conventional maintenance in every way.  

P.S....I still have a taillight lens that has a small crack in it.  It's not broken.  If anybody is in need.....

On 9/28/2023 at 2:55 PM, Skywagon said:

I'm hoping that odometer has turned over at least once.  ~300 miles a year on a bike made to travel would be pretty sad waste.

To your point, I could ride 70-80-90 all day.  I think if I remember correctly WOT was only about 110.  The brakes were scary weak.  The only think you ever had to do was change fluids and sync the carbs about once a year.  It was a darn site lighter than what we ride today.  It was way more flickable than my RT of today, but I wouldn't trade back.  When I had the 100RT I also had my 1150RT with whizzy brakes.  The 100 was conventional maintenance in every way.  

P.S....I still have a taillight lens that has a small crack in it.  It's not broken.  If anybody is in need.....

That is original mileage.  When I sold it I think it had 11,000 on it.  I bought it in 2001, had it until Feb 2014.  When I bought it, it had just over 1000 miles verified....

I lack the skill to attach the listing.  Craigslist has a 1992 R100R in Burlington, IA.  I talked to the seller and would look at it if anyone is interested.  My garage is already full.

Maybe someone else could attach the listing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

I finally got a real ride on the one I picked up in Frebuary-ish - did about a thousand miles (bringing the total for the 2004 up to almost 13k!) over the weekend. Took about half of the first day to really bond with it, but after that it was quite pleasant and capable enough for a relaxing day of twisties and smaller backroads - though I did notice the chickenstrips on the front tire are still pretty wide. In any case, I think someone could have a lot of fun for that $2900. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, SDCRJohn said:

Not my type, but this does seem like a lot of motorbike, for the $$

https://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/mcy/d/andover-2007-bmw-k1200r-sport/7674212299.html

CBB0A3B8-F7E2-44B9-9E24-0DB0C0D19B81.jpeg

I owned one of these new. BMW was giving around $4k off to move them at the time.  It was fun for the short time I owned it with a surprisingly comfortable ride.  However like every other time I get a naked bike I want luggage and BMW's options were not great for the price

• Like 1
3 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

I owned one of these new. BMW was giving around $4k off to move them at the time.  It was fun for the short time I owned it with a surprisingly comfortable ride.  However like every other time I get a naked bike I want luggage and BMW's options were not great for the price

Wheelbase looks very long, especially for a supposed sport bike. I imagine that this may have contributed to the comfort level, or was it more from the suspension components?

On 10/11/2023 at 2:02 PM, SDCRJohn said:

Wheelbase looks very long, especially for a supposed sport bike. I imagine that this may have contributed to the comfort level, or was it more from the suspension components?

Wheelbase was 3.7" longer than a R1250RT.   Probably increased stability at the claimed top speed of 155-175 mph (depending on the source).  I think it was designed for high speed runs on the autobahn rather than tight twisties.

15 minutes ago, SDCRJohn said:

I am always amazed that the more parts taken, the higher the price.

Right? You should see what they are asking for marble sculptures these days…

• Haha 1