IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

fourteenfour
22 hours ago, TEWKS said:

2007 with 5100 miles...  when I start to ever feel guilty that i do not ride enough all I need is to read for sale ads.  gorgeous bike and loaded up to boot - states he has side and top case for it too. 

• Like 1
On 5/11/2023 at 11:37 AM, MikeB60 said:

Damn, I really like that R100S...

Hey , Mike, let's go get 'em.  I'll take the K.  They are right there together.

• Like 1

If I remember right, he is a retired machinist in P.A with a passion for BMW, s and Gussies . Used to do a lot of high-end builds but seems to have slowed down quite a bit. You would see his bikes pop up on flea bay every so often and he still advertises there for hourly work. Motogrotto

• Like 1

In 2002 I was this >< close to buying the current version of this bike instead of the 1150RT I bought.. I rarely see them on the road and still love their looks.

1994 BMW R1100RS R1100 RS 1

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
2 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Oohh doesn't that seat on the 800GT look comfy for a long ride......ahhhh 

You mean that “piece of paper” to sit on. :classic_biggrin:

fourteenfour
11 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Oohh doesn't that seat on the 800GT look comfy for a long ride......ahhhh 

I never really enjoyed the short time I had with my 800GT...

between the more than annoying vibes the fuel tank and measurement is just odd

20 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Big bike, little money. @MikeB60 would be the guy to ask about the code issue stated. Sounds minor to me but… :dontknow:
image.thumb.jpeg.95fec3ff52ad69d0d97d13384e62cfba.jpeg

Little weird that it's not storing a code. I would suspect a coil as a primary suspect. 2011 and 2012 had some piston ring issues I'm not sure I would consider a low mileage bike from those two year models. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey, Pat, It's only about 40 minutes away from me. I could check it out if you're interested.  :cool:   I owe ya one

• Smile 1

Thanks Dave, I just admire the lines and the price seemed reasonable for the condition it’s in. :cool:

Yeah, that's a real gem. The restoration is complete except for the interior. And engine bay. Front bumper. My guess is suspension and driveline as well. Other than that, all restored.

I Like the rock to keep it from rolling away.

szurszewski
3 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

@TEWKS   Here's a real gem for you!

image.thumb.png.bb1a1ab0bf0c4e1af89ed448b927f4e8.png

That’s crazy - I hardly ever see those, but I saw one being towed through downtown Olympia, WA yesterday - same exact model, same color and close enough to same condition that I’d think it was the same car if the ad weren’t posted so far away. 

Dennis Andress
17 hours ago, szurszewski said:

That’s crazy - I hardly ever see those, but I saw one being towed through downtown Olympia, WA yesterday - same exact model, same color and close enough to same condition that I’d think it was the same car if the ad weren’t posted so far away. 

The background of grey skies is not from Tucson…

4 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

You got me drooling Pat.

I was actually thinking about tagging you on that one. :classic_biggrin:

szurszewski

Less than 20 miles a day since purchase. It would be interesting to see the cost per mile once it’s sold. 

Dennis Andress

I was shopping for a Grand America. Then one day I woke up and realized there are much better ways to travel...  (Shopping for one of these is much more complex)

image.thumb.png.4c32f883cf74b7de506732e9b6148d5a.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

I was shopping for a Grand America. Then one day I woke up and realized there are much better ways to travel...  (Shopping for one of these is much more complex)

Not a GTS but, I’ve got a Boxster S in my local inventory.  :read: :spittake:

image.thumb.jpeg.e9e48e03c8532f55277012703f881322.jpeg

Edit… This might be a better deal if it doesn’t have to be an S.

Edit 2 nice color but again not an S.

And yeah, the edit cars only have the 4 Cylinder engines. I’d still drive them though but, I’m only a “Porsche Guy” wannabe. :4331:

• Like 3
Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

I’m only a “Porsche Guy wannabe. :4331:

I too was once a wannabe. (It would be wise to stay right where you are.) Truthfully, the Cayenne's twin turbo V8, rear wheel steering, air suspension and gear driven anti-sway bars are rather fun, kinda like a K1300 S with better manners.

Soooo....   I was quasi serious about buying a Wing'ish touring bike. Kind of thinking ahead for when my body wants a comfortable ride. And then I accepted the fact that I really don't fit in the Miata and it's spending a lot of time parked...

The GTS 4.0 shit-canned the turbo four cylinder for a normally aspirated flat six.

• Like 1