IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

2 hours ago, Red said:

Looks much like an 1100 RT!

Yeah, it took BMW a few years but they did follow some design cues from Honda. ;) My question is….Why didn’t they call it (the Honda) a Typhoon? :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

61A8C55A-1FB1-49B1-86FA-FCFEAF6E4E73.jpeg

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Probably a decent price, even know it’s still pricy! 

Here

image.jpeg.40022e91d4252d79916eec033f992fa0.jpeg

Looks like it includes the rear brake light option.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
4 hours ago, strataj said:

Looks like it includes the rear brake light option.

That's a pretty fair price, particularly if it's a paint match with your bike.  I got mine for about $1050 (dealer's cost) by adding it as a requirement on the purchase of my 2018 RT, last year.  Retail is $1500, but I'm not sure what the "street price" is, or if these can be obtained via third party suppliers for less than dealer's retail.  I knew for certain that (a) I needed one for riding 2-up with my wife, and (b) I'd choke to death on the $1500 price tag if I didn't find a way to get it discounted.  $1050 was still pretty steep, but again, the paint matched, it worked with the automatic locking system, and it just made me feel .... hmmm ... somehow a little rich for having a REAL, $1500 top case on the back of my BMW.  🤣🤣🤣  (Hmm, was that feelin' "rich" or "foolish", fortunately, I losing my memory and I can't recall.)😎

• Like 1
fourteenfour
7 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Had a RT that was the same color.  Already at 6000 Link

Screenshot_20230314_221209_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5a636724890e3428ce6c2694201846c8.jpg

Can I beat my dead horse again....  BMW give us a R9T like this!!!!!!!!!  I would be there tomorrow

• Plus 1 1

Funny, for a long time I had no interest in the road going airheads, the GS versions, yes. But the old RS and RT not so much. 

Maybe my taste is maturing or those bikes are aging well…:dontknow:

• Like 1

Well, this isn't on Craigslist, and it ain't likely to fit on your Beemer, but it seems like essential equipment for SOME vehicle in your garage.  😁

image.png.aa405f4bf2f21e50ae86c7a8a1c9983d.png

https://www.amazon.com/Dustproof-Replacement-Accessories-Decorations-Compatible/dp/B08R9XKP8N/ref=sr_1_4?content-id=amzn1.sym.5dfba980-229f-416b-a787-ff627e8ff43e%3Aamzn1.sym.5dfba980-229f-416b-a787-ff627e8ff43e&keywords=4+piece+o2+oxygen+sensor+set&pd_rd_r=84b7b336-ffa7-4991-b1d0-eeb83900b63f&pd_rd_w=EoVh5&pd_rd_wg=C6lBK&pf_rd_p=5dfba980-229f-416b-a787-ff627e8ff43e&pf_rd_r=1MZNNMCC5S6ZAX7EK8XK&qid=1678915476&s=automotive&sprefix=oxygen+sensor+set+of+4%2Cautomotive%2C160&sr=1-4&vehicle=2014-54-5858-13--9-6-5-18892--1-1-2917-182-&vehicleName=2014+Ford+Edge

Yeah, I know, these are nothing new, but they struck a funny bone when I was glancing through the unrelated ads that Amazon presented when looking for an O2 sensor. 🙄

(Seems like they'd work great on some of the vehicles @TEWKS rolls around on.  😏)

• Haha 3

Wow!  One whole dollar less that 12 K.  What a deal!!  Odd sale price amount.  What?  Are they a car dealer salesman or something?   Sup with dat?   :money:

Yup, a psychological price game. I think, most don’t see (or want to see) the extra $999 and get sucked in. My theory is, he’d dismiss that $999.;)

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
21 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Yup, a psychological price game. I think, most don’t see (or want to see) the extra $999 and get sucked in. My theory is, he’d dismiss that $999.;)

Plus, the seller's paying at least $50/mo for storage.  Adds up and inconvenient.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

Both of my GSs have had 19 inch front wheels from the factory :dontknow:

Yup, you are correct and I’m um, stupid! :dopeslap: I was thinking it was a 21 inch for some reason, maybe it being an aftermarket wheel. :dontknow: 

• Smile 1

The seller made it seem like it was modified, or something.  I had to look up the specs as I was confused from an RT rider's perspective.

2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Yup, you are correct and I’m um, stupid! :dopeslap: I was thinking it was a 21 inch for some reason, maybe it being an aftermarket wheel. :dontknow: 

Thanks for playing.   Johnny, tell our contestant about his parting gift.

:grin:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

The seller made it seem like it was modified, or something. 

Yeah I should of known, but it did read that way. Who pays attention to those number things anyway… 

Not sure why you’d change out the front rim for an aftermarket of the same size, unless maybe you destroyed the stock wheel. :dontknow:

• Plus 1 3
szurszewski
8 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Yeah I should of known, but it did read that way. Who pays attention to those number things anyway… 

Not sure why you’d change out the front rim for an aftermarket of the same size, unless maybe you destroyed the stock wheel. :dontknow:

The stock wheels were likely cast - needed that front to be spoked so he wouldn't taco it hitting those gnarly whoops. Or they just had a pile of money to get rid of - those Woody's wheels are not cheap (though neither are the BMW wheels...).

3 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Tough to tell from the one pic but the rear looks like it might be a mag. 

You might be, but you are not - definitely a cast/mag/not spoked rear wheel. 

• Like 1
roadscholar

It looked like it from the outer rim/bead plus you can kinda make out the mag spokes behind the subframe. One thing for sure, that front tire is toast.

• Like 1

I don't know a lot about BMWs, but I do know a bit about motorcycles, that seems a pretty good deal. $1500 is damn near throw away money as far as bikes go.

• Like 2

If anyone was seriously looking and makes contact with the seller, I’m close enough where I could probably put eyes on it. :5223:

szurszewski

That GS would be tempting if it were local. And if I didn’t already have a “new” old bmw I bought last month, haven’t ridden yet and won’t get to ride for probably another month…

• Like 1
On 4/3/2023 at 6:58 AM, TEWKS said:

If anyone was seriously looking and makes contact with the seller, I’m close enough where I could probably put eyes on it. :5223:

Rotors look rusty (maybe surface rust), but I wonder if it has been outside all winter ...

46 minutes ago, Geekmaster said:

Rotors look rusty (maybe surface rust), but I wonder if it has been outside all winter ...

I think they surface rust up pretty quickly if you don’t ride it directly after a bath. Not a good practice, I always ride at least a few miles after I wash them.

edit…. Got a few miles but I’m surprised it hasn’t sold yet for that money.

edit 2… It’s got about a grand worth of extras if they were of any value to you or whoever. Seat, crash bars and pegs, worthy add ons IMO.

20 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I think they surface rust up pretty quickly if you don’t ride it directly after a bath. Not a good practice, I always ride at least a few miles after I wash them.

edit…. Got a few miles but I’m surprised it hasn’t sold yet for that money.

edit 2… It’s got about a grand worth of extras if they were of any value to you or whoever. Seat, crash bars and pegs, worthy add ons IMO.

If I had enough spare cash lying around, I'd definitely look at it.  It seems to be a very low price, and as you said, quite a few nice extra bits.  You could buy the bike, resell it for a profit if you're not interested in keeping it, and pick up a few farkles in the process.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

1985 R80. He's 82 and decided it's time to buy a trike.00202_2j6xnqiee8I_0ef0as_1200x900.jpg

these are really nice machines. Although the 800 cc version is somewhat tepid, when it comes to power, but it is one of the smoothest boxer engines. Seems he wants “ all the money “ for this one.

szurszewski
6 minutes ago, SDCRJohn said:

these are really nice machines. Although the 800 cc version is somewhat tepid, when it comes to power, but it is one of the smoothest boxer engines. Seems he wants “ all the money “ for this one.

My first “real” motorcycle was a /7 r60 that I bought in the late 90s. It wasn’t fast, but certainly adequate for two up touring and more than adequate for any other street riding. 

All but one of my current bikes have twice the horsepower, but I almost never use it. 

Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, SDCRJohn said:

Seems he wants “ all the money “ for this one.

Of course he does. He's been doing this longer than you or I.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...