IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

On 10/11/2023 at 2:02 PM, SDCRJohn said:

Wheelbase looks very long, especially for a supposed sport bike. ...

I thought so too, til I looked it up.  My '99 T1100S, which feels like riding a schwinn after riding a big bike, is a 58.2 inch WB.  My '09 K1300S feels like it is at least 6 inches longer, but is 62.4 inches WB.  4.2 inches is all.   

And it does very well in the tight twisties.  Yesterday morning I was riding behind a new Jeep on SR60 going into Suches.  He was driving a very spirited pace for a jeep, no other traffic that time of the morning but zero chances to pass anything, nasty twisty until you get to Woody Gap.  I had to ride with one hand to stay awake.  The Duolever front end (like the K16) is really good.  With all that HP and T on tap and 11 thou redline, you have all 6 gears available (well, only 65.2 mph in 1st).  And as Dennis Andress says, "It is a very forgiving bike."

$3K is a steal for that bike.  But only if 167 HP is your kind of thing.  I'm tempted to fly up and ride it back and I already have one and too many others.

• Like 2

We’ve covered this before guys, it sure looks like the CL trifecta, no phone, very few pics, dirt cheap price. Scamarino, too good to be true. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

A “Classic”

image.thumb.png.f86230cb931e81c9479e6ad4667045d0.png

"Great project car"

"Many new parts"

"It's all there"

"Clean title" (um...its here someplace...)

20 minutes ago, syntorz said:

Great project car"

After 43 years of marriage this week, wife reminded me I’m still a project. Who knew

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
22 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

After 43 years of marriage this week, wife reminded me I’m still a project. Who knew

Many new parts, it’s all there, some tlc required…

• Like 2
Dennis Andress
23 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

she hasn’t put you up for sale …

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

she hasn’t put you up for sale …

I could handle being sold. I worry more about being parted out.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 6

I'm thinking of dropping in to see what all he's got and the prices they're asking.  May drop in Friday, then return on Sunday.  Generally, Sunday is a hefty % off,...50+ on many things.....dunno on the bikes.

3 minutes ago, Stiggy said:

^^^^ And I'm only 90 miles  away (oh my....)

30 minutes from my work, 1hr from my house.  Leave work 'bout 0930, get there to see the "initial" prices, then go back Sunday for the "get rid of it prices".

• Like 3
4 hours ago, BrianT said:

Listing already deleted so it must have been priced right.

13 K1600GT with 11,500 miles for $10,900. At a dealer in Coeur D'alene.

11 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Memba when Kia had their sale of buy a minivan and get a Rio free,.....wonder how that went.

I don't remember that. Seems a hell of a deal.

15 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I don't remember that. Seems a hell of a deal.

2003, 2004ish.  Heard it on the radio when I was in Albany, Ga,....called the local dealership to see if it was for true, 'twas,...you had to pay MSRP for the minivan and you'd get the Rio free.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

2003, 2004ish.  Heard it on the radio when I was in Albany, Ga,....called the local dealership to see if it was for true, 'twas,...you had to pay MSRP for the minivan and you'd get the Rio free.

I had a friend who had a new Rio about then. I’m not sure even a free one would have been a good deal. 

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, szurszewski said:

I had a friend who had a new Rio about then. I’m not sure even a free one would have been a good deal. 

It'da been a nice dog house.

• Haha 1