IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

55 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

WOW. 

THAT ONE is really nice, and priced to move!!

Can I park it at your place @William??

I've got room!

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

Crap.  I was hoping you'd say, "HELL NO."

Maybe you’d like to have a northern exposure “bike”?  I’ve got room and promise you just enough miles to keep the tires from developing flat spots. :spittake: 

• Thanks 1
  • Smile 2
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Hosstage said:

My next dog will be named Get Off The Couch.

One of my professors brought a dog to skool with him nearly every day.  Dog's name was Dammit.  

• Smile 1
On 12/5/2023 at 1:14 PM, Hosstage said:

My next dog will be named Get Off The Couch.

Diogi or Fivemile.

For the rottie, my wife took the dog to the vet before we actually decided on a name.  When she got home, I asked what she put for the name,...Luci,....short for Lucifer, since rotties are known "evil" dogs.

If I'da actually registered her, the full name would have been Princess Lucilla von Liechtenstein,.......just to be formal.

But alas, no more dogs for me. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

That makes me sad when I think about what my 2014 RT might be worth. :(

I always figured mine was worth more if stolen than selling.

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I always figured mine was worth more if stolen than selling.

I just looked up my 23 year old HD on Kelley Blue book, $7500 typical list price, $5500 trade-in. I would be lucky to get $4k trying to sell. Very lucky. Insurance would probably be a little friendlier on payout, I'd take the listing price all day, even trade-in price. Not looking to sell, it's still ridden regularly. But if it has to go, ....

11 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Diogi or Fivemile.

For the rottie, my wife took the dog to the vet before we actually decided on a name.  When she got home, I asked what she put for the name,...Luci,....short for Lucifer, since rotties are known "evil" dogs.

If I'da actually registered her, the full name would have been Princess Lucilla von Liechtenstein,.......just to be formal.

But alas, no more dogs for me. 

My friend had a male doberman.  Cropped ears.  Big dog.  His name was mephisto, or 'devil'.  He certainly looked the part, but was a big lap dog.  I think nearly all the behavior of working dogs like German shepherds, rotties, doberman, Belgin malinois is in the training and treatment.  Can't speak to pit bulls with any experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me Pat while I wipe the drool  from the side of my mouth. To me that is one pretty bike. Hate to admit it, but I do have family that lives in Philly

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
SDCRJohn
2 minutes ago, 81delorean said:

Not on craigslist but it's on Bring-A-Trailer, don't see these come up for sale to often. Mine is a Loris Regianni like this one. Most of the ones that come up for sale are the Chesterfield editions.  

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-aprilia-rs250-2/

I would be hard pressed to find a better, more fun track machine. However, since it’s semi exotic, and it’s on BaT, this will be expen$ive.

81delorean

I can tell you, it is by far the best handling bike I've ever owned. I don't track it at all, don't hardly every ride it anymore. It sure looks pretty in the garage. I used to have it in a spare bedroom inside my house until the wife and kids came along. 

• 3 weeks later...
Scott9999
6 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I haven't quite done the math, checked comps, etc., but I'm pretty certain that $6800 for a 2015 with 44K miles is the Nigerian price.  Good luck getting a clean NY pinkslip and honest Bill of Sale out of the "owner".  I don't think you could even get a  salvage title for that low a price. 

Then again, these things DO depreciate, and it IS mid-winter in NYC, so what do I know?

• Thanks 1

I hope that’s the case @Scott9999 because that depressed the …. out of me thinking what my 2014 might be worth. I guess, I need to give myself a reality check… it is 2024! :classic_ohmy:

5 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

I haven't quite done the math, checked comps, etc., but I'm pretty certain that $6800 for a 2015 with 44K miles is the Nigerian price.  Good luck getting a clean NY pinkslip and honest Bill of Sale out of the "owner".  I don't think you could even get a  salvage title for that low a price. 

Then again, these things DO depreciate, and it IS mid-winter in NYC, so what do I know?

Dunno, I bought the '06RT with 5800 miles on it in 2010 for $10k.  Four year old bike that had barely 1k miles per year ridden,....I thought that deal was a "prince" of a deal.

Pat, you oughta try the guy,......if its legit, buy it and flip it, use the proceeds for that squashed beetle that you want.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks, wish I had the "gamble" in me to do the "flip" thing. My old neighbor use to do it, he did alright. :thumbsup:

Just now, TEWKS said:

Thanks, wish I had the "gamble" in me to do the "flip" thing. My old neighbor use to do it, he did alright. :thumbsup:

If it don't flip, you got yourself a nice looking bike with them fancy 'spensive lights.

• Like 1
Just now, Rougarou said:

If it don't flip, you got yourself a nice looking bike with them fancy 'spensive lights.

I like that idea but I already have an RT that doesn't get the time it deserves. GS wins out most of the time.

9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I like that idea but I already have an RT that doesn't get the time it deserves. GS wins out most of the time.

Is there a point in that statement,.....you about to buy a squished beetle that will only be driven a wee bit of time,....the logic doesn't compute

• Haha 3

When does logic come into play when you're lusting after a motor vehicle... :rofl: I don't have a squashed down Beetle but, I do have more than one motorcycle. And yeah, THAT is so first world I'm almost embarrassed to type it. ;) Not really! :spittake: 

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

if it was the Nigerian price, there would be palm trees in the background, of a New York CL ad….

Scott9999
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Hmm, I feel just like you do, Pat.  I want a GS in my garage, too, which I probably won't ride any more than the 2018 RT that's already there.  But, at least "Queenie" (a.k.a. "Garage Queen" - she HATE'S that title and blames me) will have a stable mate to share oil changes and tune up's with.

Seriously, I should just sell the RT and buy a GS Wethead, which would probably see quite a bit more use up here in Idaho.  It'd break my heart to sell it, though, 'cause it's so dang pretty.  

Then, of course, there's the "political problem".  I'm a useless, retired, "kept man", while my wife is still working (Aside: her choice - she wanted to return to her career when we were first married, but baby #1 came, then baby #2, then MY carrer move number ... I dunno, #17? came, and she just never got back to work.  She finally restarted her career about 2019 while we were asset rich but cash poor for a year or so, and never quit).  She essentially bought the RT for me, and this summer, it was my 2022 Ford F150 Lariat, "we" bought, essentially with the proceeds of her salary.   My buying a GS, too, might be considered just cause, to throw me out on the street.  😁🙃😨

Anyhow, that's today's story from my home in Lake WoBeGon (Idaho sector), where "all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, the children are all above average, and the BMW RT's, are dusty from disuse".  🙄😖🤣

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

When does logic come into play when you're lusting after a motor vehicle... :rofl: I don't have a squashed down Beetle but, I do have more than one motorcycle. And yeah, THAT is so first world I'm almost embarrassed to type it. ;) Not really! :spittake: 

Some compromise or logic will creep into the process for me at some point. We had two cars, my wife has an Ascent and I had a 2013 Passat. One of my kids needed a car and and trying to share 2 cars with three people became a hassle. Then there was my 60th birthday coming up. The logic creeps in with my motorcycle works fine, BMW nor anyone else is making anything I really want, at least not with what I am comfortable spending on a bike, so I got a car.  The irony is that my daughter ended up totaling the Passat...I hated that car anyway. I mean, it was dead on reliable, but getting in and out was torture for me and it was a slug. So we're down to two cars again, but my wife WFH, so it works out, sort of. In retrospect, getting the car was more expensive than getting a bike, but I don't get new cars often, but new bikes either. ¯\_()_/¯ To your point, nothing on the bike side made me say yes. 

• Like 2
Scott9999
12 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Sounds like mostly “all good” problems to have! :yes:

My (Navy) Chief used to tell me, when I talked about division morale, "Sir, a bitching sailor is a happy sailor".

So, yeah, I guess that I'm estatic!  (Actually, we feel pretty blessed.)

Back on topic, this is an ~~ interesting ~~ advertisement - a 2018 GS for under $5K.  It's missing .. "stuff", mostly plastic stuff.  I'm wondering if this is a mod that comes from BMW this way, whether the owner preferred desert riding like this, or ...

... whether maybe he dumped the bike and just pulled broken stuff off to get rid of it.   At almost 50K miles, it's not a spring chicken, but the bones look good, and being a 2018, there should be plenty of used parts available.

I guess I'm bored, and want another project.  🤣

https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/mcd/d/las-vegas-2018-bmw-1200-gs-finance-it/7704737257.html

image.png.ab07c93dd3446835e6a0bd6ebb5498e8.png  

image.png.7be0bb504ec5098588940a47a708d1f2.png

Versus (full kitted GS)

image.png.e7222b30b668aef75b00130976343818.png

• Like 1
Scott9999

Then again, this one is a couple of years older, includes more of the parts that are supposed to be there, and is under $8K.  

(Oh, yeah, and it's got 30K more miles on her, but hey, BMW's run forever, never needing maintenance, right?)

At 87,000 miles, there might be a little, tiny bit of room for negotiation. no?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcd/d/sunnyvale-2015-bmw-r1200gs-ready-for/7709165509.html

image.png.02350c7535aed50f73e45167cfbd22f8.png

Scott9999

After a brief "market scan", I guess GS's are still in demand, based upon the fact that they are routinely asking > $10K, for 10+ year old bikes with high mileage.

So, ah ... done with that exercise in fantasy.   Back to the RT, (and happily, I might add).  😉

(PS:  I knew I should have bought a GS two years ago!  Seems like they hold their value better than an RT.  🙄😁)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
fourteenfour

dunno, but checking Cycletrader RT prices can be that low on that year but usually hover a bit higher. 

4 hours ago, AviP said:

I don't get it. I just bought a used 2019 GS for $12K with 8,000+ miles. Why would anyone pay that for an 88 GS with 60,000 miles? Is it a collectible?

Not in my opinion. Others may find that it is just the thing for them.  It does have a rebuildable D/S...lol.  I had two of these. When the second exhibited all the signs of the weak point all at the same time , I got rid of it, bought a KLR and rode the snot out of it for 60K with no issues. Plenty of good KLR's out there to be had!

That bumble bee is a bit to much though...

• Like 1