IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

TEWKS

I sold one just like that with about 10K miles for $1,200 bucks way back in 87ish. Should have kept it considering how much he’s asking! 

SDCRJohn
48 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

These are almost FREE! :yes:

00s0s_dHGl3fsBBN_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Sometimes, the most expensive bikes, are “free”.  ;)

• Like 2
wbw6cos

Wow!   Two project bikes for the price of ONE!!  Different make/models.  :dontknow:   That ought to be fun.

• Plus 1 1
TEWKS

So tempted, probably a battery and a carb cleaning for both. Easy $1,500 bucks for the Suzuki, $1,900 for the Honda running in a fix/flip. :dontknow: But, everything is easy while sitting on the couch just talking about it. :5146:

roadscholar

Believe older Honda V-twin and v-4’s were notorious for stators/rectifiers going out. I bought a cheap non running 500 turbo once, luckily I found a guy in central Ga. that knew how to fix it, the engine had to come out to get to the stator. Doubt it’s that complicated on some of the other models but I’d research it a little.

• Thanks 1
lkraus

Bought in 1993, farkled but not ridden in first year, found unsuitable the second, then replaced by a different bike to reduce top-heaviness (not the fault of the bike)

I think the intent of the picture is to distract you from the 19 years that were not accounted for.

• Plus 1 1
Hosstage
4 hours ago, lkraus said:

Bought in 1993, farkled but not ridden in first year, found unsuitable the second, then replaced by a different bike to reduce top-heaviness (not the fault of the bike)

I think the intent of the picture is to distract you from the 19 years that were not accounted for.

Like I said, marketing!

Edit: adding the ad link. And the lead picture. Marketing! To be clear, there are pictures of the bike in the listing too.

Funny, scam ads get flagged, this one probably has had the most clicks.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/mcy/d/lakeville-we-are-selling-my-harley/7746059708.html

00m0m_7KxdMFL6pzO_04a05Z_1200x900.jpg.25d69e4f5db54c1ece2accebc3b5b5c3.jpg

Let’s move on to another BIG deal. :classic_ohmy: If mileage doesn’t scare you, This is a BIG deal also.  :spittake: Looks like maybe a little nappy time but overall good shape.

image.thumb.jpeg.b283ebb2cff7be4c23ef323ae5c1ce1f.jpeg

SDCRJohn
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Let’s move on to another BIG deal. :classic_ohmy: If mileage doesn’t scare you, This is a BIG deal also.  :spittake: Looks like maybe a little nappy time but overall good shape.

image.thumb.jpeg.b283ebb2cff7be4c23ef323ae5c1ce1f.jpeg

Most of those miles were probably run in just one gear, sixth.

wbw6cos

Triple Black!!     What are you waiting on, Pat??

• Thinking 1
SDCRJohn
52 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I always thought used ones were a great deal….until I watched Chris Harris’s videos.

• Like 1
roadscholar
3 hours ago, SDCRJohn said:

I always thought used ones were a great deal….until I watched Chris Harris’s videos.

Never heard of him so googled and watched a few minutes of his 'rant', that guy's a jerk : )  Had a few  K12LT's really liked 'em, in their day best LD touring bike there was and handled better than they should've. Had a couple Wings too, 1200, 1500, 1800, 1200 was my favorite although suspension was def from the 80's.

I did have have two good BMW techs though but they never needed more than normal maintenance, that one seems like a bargain. 

• Like 1

Remove the gas tank to replace the air filter. Remove ALL the plastic bodywork and the seat mounting bracket to remove the gas tank. Right about 2 hours to change the air filter.

Well being retired I think of it as 168 hours per week- an average of 42 hours sleep, leaves me 126 hours a week to do whatever the heck I want… so 2 hours to change air filter… chump change. 😁

• Like 2
  • Smile 1

Get it out on an uncrowded freeway at around 90-100 for a few hours. What it excels at, covering distance, rolling into the next area code (or time zone) in total comfort. Decent fuel mileage for its size too, may be the most aerodynamic bike they’ve designed since the K1.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, RogerC60 said:

Remove the gas tank to replace the air filter. Remove ALL the plastic bodywork and the seat mounting bracket to remove the gas tank. Right about 2 hours to change the air filter.

Two hours would be a very leisurely pace - I'm not much of a mechanic and I bet I could do it in 30 minutes if I set up carefully ...and if I could stay focused for 30 minutes. An hour would be a realistic goal. But, you only have to do that every 12,000 miles so as above, two hours not a really big deal. Any bike that's wrapped in plastic is going to be a bit of a pain to work on. 

• Like 1

Oh man, that’s right about where I need to be! :cool: 

I need to stop looking at $1,800 dollar motorcycles first! :classic_biggrin: And the sale of my RT would take the sting out of any purchase. I will look a bit closer at that one, I still have a connection with this one here, he’s leaning towards re-listing it again, I think. It’s real local to me. Pretty sure I mentioned it before.
IMG_4096.thumb.jpeg.97b80bf5797fe631bb178b6426499a75.jpeg

Thank you Dennis for keeping an eye out for me! :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

.....      It’s real local to me. Pretty sure I mentioned it before.

Make a few memories getting it home...

image.png

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Oh man, that’s right about where I need to be! :cool: 

I need to stop looking at $1,800 dollar motorcycles first! :classic_biggrin: And the sale of my RT would take the sting out of any purchase. I will look a bit closer at that one, I still have a connection with this one here, he’s leaning towards re-listing it again, I think. It’s real local to me. Pretty sure I mentioned it before.
IMG_4096.thumb.jpeg.97b80bf5797fe631bb178b6426499a75.jpeg

Pat, somehow I'm guessing if you drove that to the firehouse, next years funding just might be cut!  :4607:

• Haha 2

I’d probably keep it away but on any given day there’s easily 200K worth of pickup trucks in the parking lot! :spittake: Not as noticeable IYKWIM. 

• Haha 1
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Pat, somehow I'm guessing if you drove that to the firehouse, next years funding just might be cut!  :4607:

or, they'd figure you found a treasure hoard in the attic of a burning house.

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Oh crap! I should have quit looking while I was ahead...

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

or, they'd figure you found a treasure hoard in the attic of a burning house.

We’ve come across plenty of “hoards” just not any of value. Those for the most part are the only houses that burn. :classic_ohmy:

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

You’re going to end up getting yourself in trouble! :spittake:

My next shinny object must be a garage. Funds are there... I just need to close my eyes and throw money. The little red car is doing a fine job as my daily, and I enjoy wrenching it. But, as Bill found his happy spot with earlier cars mine is with cars that have a warranty. So, time will tell.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

But, as Bill found his happy spot with earlier cars mine is with cars that have a warranty. So, time will tell.

I like the earlier stuff because they've stopped depreciating, plus I enjoy finding a well kept example that someone really cared about (an increasing rarity), no dealers that bought them from auction just looking to turn a profit. I'm lucky in two respects, one I have an excellent independent tech for maintenance or if something fails, and two I've been around German cars my entire life and have a pretty good idea of things to look for in a 20 year old one, Porsches and Mercs especially. 

At my age (and 30 years of racing) am past ultimate performance, today's high performance cars are more capable than most driver's abilities and need nannies to keep them from hurting themselves, your average new Porsche buyer has no idea what the car can do (unless they go to a school), most just want to have one. Heck my '08 base with the optional tire/suspension pkg is bordering on too harsh to enjoy driving around town or even backroads to the mountains, although once there is pretty great. 

I like stuff like this anymore, they're almost classics at this point (and the styling has aged nicely) but still drive amazing, plus the top goes down : )

s_l1600_3_1558439993.jpg

PORSCHE-Boxster--986--2855_15.jpg

boxster_fa54405a896282b9d9911268daddd522fccb3167.jpg

Porsche Boxster 1

21399d1519854590-2000-porsche-boxster-s-hardtop-p36.jpg

61e9c49bfd11d0b3575aa3b26b16806a92bb3ad5.jpg?auto=format&fit=crop&ar=16:9&w=4742

• Like 3
14 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I’d probably keep it away but on any given day there’s easily 200K worth of pickup trucks in the parking lot! :spittake: Not as noticeable IYKWIM. 

What, with today's pricing,...that's a whole two-two and a half trucks:18:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 4
On 5/15/2024 at 6:57 AM, Rougarou said:

What, with today's pricing,...that's a whole two-two and a half trucks:18:

This morning. Middle right is probably closer to half that number than not. :classic_ohmy:

IMG_5171.thumb.jpeg.aae336b6eb7b292458e2055d052106b1.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

King Ranch aint' cheep and that supa doody on the left ain't cheep either

Them, a couple years older and bought used but yeah, still ain’t cheap.