IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

11 minutes ago, AviP said:

He's exactly the kind of Craigslist seller I stay away from. Cocky for no reason!

Cocky , and delusional. 
Btw, the K1100 was rated at 95hp, not 115.

• Like 2

“If you can't afford it, don't waste my time telling me you think it's overpriced. Go get money/permission from your mommy/wife. This bike is not for children

Haha,

I didn’t read all the way to the bottom of his babble. That’s funny. 

9 hours ago, TEWKS said:

“If you can't afford it, don't waste my time telling me you think it's overpriced. Go get money/permission from your mommy/wife. This bike is not for children

Haha,

I didn’t read all the way to the bottom of his babble. That’s funny. 

I guess he truly believes the BMW acronym, Bring More Wallet….

• Plus 1 2
16 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

If they would drop the first number, it would be more than worth that.

a bargain, actually. That iteration is pretty desirable among airheads. Just not for 13 large.

AS-IS?    Not running?  Rusy gas tank, etc?   :dontknow:

People are real proud of their s**t.   :ohboy:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like some body was watching TV auctions and decided to base price on that unrealistic world.

• Haha 1
Lone_RT_rider
17 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Sounds like some body was watching TV auctions and decided to base price on that unrealistic world.

I was about to pull the "Thank Barrett Jackson" card..... but, this covers it.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

I was about to pull the "Thank Barrett Jackson" card..... but, this covers it.

Just as a small sidetrack of the thread, during the BJ auction (maybe I should have spelled that one out), a modified Blazer sold for more than $150,000. A Blazer. Not a Shelby, not a Corvette. A Blazer. Methinks someone woke up Sunday morning and said "I did what?"

• Like 3
Dennis Andress
38 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Just as a small sidetrack of the thread, during the BJ auction (maybe I should have spelled that one out), a modified Blazer sold for more than $150,000. A Blazer. Not a Shelby, not a Corvette. A Blazer. Methinks someone woke up Sunday morning and said "I did what?"

Porsche people be like:

Accidentally got a partially disassembled 924S Special Edition

This is my first post here, so I'll keep it short for now. Earlier this week I was in a bar in a small town in the Rockies with no cell service and ended up buying my first Porsche from a guy in the Midwest. I'm back home now and the car is on a trailer heading my way. I have no idea what is wrong with it, but there are definitely things wrong with it. The cam tower has been removed and the cam is sitting on the floorboards of the car with some surface rust. The distributor and timing belt seem to still be in place. I'm sure some things are missing (possibly parts of the cam tower and the valve cover). I also have no idea why the engine was partially disassembled, but I'm assuming the valves impacted the pistons and possibly worse. I'm hoping the rest of the car's mechanicals are basically OK, but that might not be the case.

• Thinking 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Normally this wouldn’t make the page but after looking at the new 1300 GS, this seems like a deal. 
2023 $18,995

image.thumb.jpeg.cb2c9a1c83e4d13e996dde6b6da8dee4.jpeg

Dennis Andress
28 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Normally this wouldn’t make the page but after looking at the new 1300 GS, this seems like a deal. 
2023 $18,995

image.thumb.jpeg.cb2c9a1c83e4d13e996dde6b6da8dee4.jpeg

I read a review that thought highly of this bike.

image.png

• Like 2
SDCRJohn
On 3/8/2024 at 10:32 PM, TEWKS said:

Wow, that’s pretty reasonable! :thumbsup:

But, is the “ out the door” price, reasonable. Some dealers tack on extras.

13 minutes ago, SDCRJohn said:

But, is the “ out the door” price, reasonable. Some dealers tack on extras.

In my experience it depends on if you’re willing to walk away from the bike. If you are smitten by the bike/vehicle, the dealership fees tend to be a bit more concrete IYKWIM. :dontknow:

And obviously, how big a demand is for that particular unit. The TT probably has a very small audience.

"This is a deal if you like that kind of thing.  Where the hell is this place Vermont, anyway??  I've heard of it.  Think its upthere near New York City somewhere.  A good reason for the low price."

It's a small town South of Burlington on Route 7. AI bet it's a good area to ride. :bike:

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, LBump said:

AI bet it's a good area to ride. 

Four months a year.........:java:

• Haha 4

Funny and very true. ^ The differences in seasons can be nice, if you like that kind of stuff. :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.d6ff69ca2457a4f0705063aff6f8753a.jpeg

edit

GS Vermont  ;)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, TEWKS said:

if you like that kind of stuff

Liked it for ten years post retirement, then moved south to eliminate snow shoveling' and cabin fever.

• Like 4
Darbarian

A longstanding wish list item, this '76 Bonneville looks good on Craigslist.  Researching, I found it was the first year of left-foot shift to meet USofA federal demands.  

1976 Triumph Bonneville 750 - $4,500 (Missoula)

https://missoula.craigslist.org/mcy/d/missoula-1976-triumph-bonneville-750/7726785005.html

The recently acquired R90-6 owns the space in my motorcycle stable that the Triumph would have to fit in.  I don't wanna give up the vintage Beemer, though price-no-object I'd do it in a blink.

76 Triumph Bonneville.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
RandyShields
8 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

That black windshield is awful.

That's a lot of black.  

25 minutes ago, AviP said:

Why is this a 'find of the day'? It's $23K!

Probably more jokingly aimed at me for my fondness of black BMW motorcycles. My next new GS is going to be a Triple Black edition. I’ve been saying this since 2017. :spittake:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
56 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Probably more jokingly aimed at me for my fondness of black BMW motorcycles. My next new GS is going to be a Triple Black edition. I’ve been saying this since 2017. :spittake:

:18:

wbw6cos

That is why I pinged  him.     :rofl:

Oh, the humanity.    

Also, one might be able to save on tax and may be able to negotiate, a little.   

What number whould you offer, or buy it for?

I know it sounds like I am low-balling, but I would go $19,500.  (if'n I were in the market.)

• Like 1

What did @TSConver just sell his for? $18 something? A well optioned up bike too. :thumbsup:Not that the buyer usually pays for the extras, the seller takes that hit. 

• Plus 1 1
TSConver
19 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

What did @TSConver just sell his for? $18 something? A well optioned up bike too. :thumbsup:Not that the buyer usually pays for the extras, the seller takes that hit. 

That triple black is way over priced. You can still find new ones for that. Mine went for 18700. I asked 19k. Had alot of interest might have gotten a little more but not 20k. I had over 6k of farkles on it.  The used bike market is shit right now and a 23 takes the highest hit on price.

Blue book is about 16k to 17k average retail on a 23 MY.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, SDCRJohn said:

I know, it’s heavy, some might say bloated, the K1200 LT.

But, a pretty comfy mile muncher, and this one is less than a full service on any current BMW?

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/mcy/d/harrisburg-2004-bmw-k1200lt/7735029208.html

IMG_2271.jpeg

IMG_2273.jpeg

Lot of bike for that price.  I sold my 2000LT two and a half years ago for $1000, but it had 223,000 miles, and it just got too big.  This is a decent deal for the right person, after checking on final drive issues.  Nice find.

szurszewski

Even if the fd is toast it can be rebuilt or replaced with a good used unit for well under a grand, and it’s a pretty simple job to remove/replace.  Still cheap!

I bought a 1999 for $3k, hung a sidecar off it and put 40k miles on it over a couple of years. Sold it for what I’d paid for the bike + chair + mounting hardware + shocks. Those folks had it a few years and sold it on to someone else for a little more. I expect it’s still going strong. The engine and transmission were still smooth as ever. 

that’s be a great bike to buy for a coast to coast ride and cheap enough to walk away and fly home if something expensive broke. 

• Like 1
SDCRJohn
8 hours ago, Ponch said:

Then there's Chris' take on the LT

As entertaining, as it is informative. He once again validates why less is more.

Darbarian

Geeze, the R18s look HUGE, but I am surprised they are only 760 pounds ... that is too much for me, but still a lot less than most of the competition. 

Lone_RT_rider
12 minutes ago, Darbarian said:

Geeze, the R18s look HUGE, but I am surprised they are only 760 pounds ... that is too much for me, but still a lot less than most of the competition. 

Try lifting one off the side stand while sitting on it. If feels heavier than any HD I've ever ridden.

• Plus 1 1