IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Nah, oil filter $5, PVC cutter $6, crooked funnel $2, rivet gun set with rivets $16.

The silver GS panniers were $400 for the set.

A Schuberth C3 (i think), was $200----kinda much for that

A BMW Motorcycles flag (don't know how big), but $150:16:

Castrol 20-50 was $6 a quart, but someone asked for $5 a quart and got all six or eight there.

Lotsa tools, but nothing I could really use-use.

There was a garden stool on wheels I was going to pick up for the wife that was labeled $100, a quick check on Amazon found the same thing for $69,.....so that was a nope

Dunno if I'll head back on Sunday for the clearance prices

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Sounds like they wanted “all the money”. Or in other words, no bargains. :dontknow:

This is typical of first day estate sales.  Sunday is when the big markdowns will happen 50+%.  I dunno how much they'd go down on the bikes.

• Like 1

Oh, I think those pretty grey valve covers were either $200 or 400, can't remember zactly.

That Oculus Quest 2 is $300, but $249 on Best Buy

6 hours ago, Rougarou said:

only ten at a time let in and im numba twenty

image.thumb.jpg.a307d84b5fcf06c3d710febb1027c9be.jpg

"only ten at a time let in and im numba twenty"

Can you imagine the wait on Saturday???

3 minutes ago, Stiggy said:

"only ten at a time let in and im numba twenty"

Can you imagine the wait on Saturday???

No, glad I won't be there

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

$2,000 bucks!  A ten day rental would cost you about the same. :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.b76d74294fab63f13aad5b3ae6924470.jpeg

Now this, is a “ lot of motorcycle” for the $.
Some of the CL finds are pretty wild. You could easily part this MC for double what the ask is.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
4 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Wonder if he'd trade it for an ounce and a slightly used bong ?  :16:

Pretty sure he would consider it.

Throwing in a writing lesson or two wouldn't be a bad idea either.

5 minutes ago, Witty_Low said:

I got my MC license on that bike! Great bike!

Almost free price, just have to clean the carb. And swish vinegar in the tank and put it on. And get turn signals. He rode it (once upon a time), so it must be good. Heck, he's even got a title!

I loved the part where he was going to clean the tank, but smoked pot instead, so it can all be yours for the low low price of $700.

• Plus 1 1
18 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Pretty sure he would consider it.

Throwing in a writing lesson or two wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Just clicked on that ad and couldn't stop laughing. :3:

• Smile 1
14 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Yo Richard, @Rougarou didn’t somebody in your family have an awesome Rottie at one time? 

Aw please adopt me, I’ll be a really good boy!  :4907:

image.jpeg.993405eff355494adf8117d8b182e7ba.jpeg

13 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Eats anything. Loves kids.

Ya, it was me and she was a big baby,....she thought she was a lap dog.  In winter months, I'd let her be a lap dog 'cause she was warm.

I ain'ta gonna go through that again, had to put her down a few years ago.

• Plus 1 1

Last set of dogs for us too. Although they are great companions it’s almost a full time job. 

And we keep picking the ugly ones out of the litter. :classic_angry: PS..Don’t tell her she’s ugly, she doesn’t know it. :spittake:

IMG_4405.thumb.jpeg.8fe669291b526b5be6f12df600ec7b4b.jpeg

8 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Last set of dogs for us too. Although they are great companions it’s almost a full time job. 

And we keep picking the ugly ones out of the litter. :classic_angry: PS..Don’t tell her she’s ugly, she doesn’t know it. :spittake:

IMG_4405.thumb.jpeg.8fe669291b526b5be6f12df600ec7b4b.jpeg

Hey - that's mean!

If she took off those glasses I bet she'd look ok....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
Lone_RT_rider
4 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

I like dogs but haven't owned one for about 20 years. My excuse is that I can barely take care of myself.

I've had a dog of my own (not my parents) for 31 years until I had to let my English bulldog go in March of this year.  I'm taking at least a year break to do just that, take care of myself.  Of course, there's always the saying "Who saved whom?"  

• Like 4
John Ranalletta
19 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

I've had a dog of my own (not my parents) for 31 years until I had to let my English bulldog go in March of this year.  I'm taking at least a year break to do just that, take care of myself.  Of course, there's always the saying "Who saved whom?"  

We didn't grow up with dogs and think it's a tad late to start, especially with a full travel schedule.  Thought this paean to dogs fitting.

Screenshot2023-12-05075101.thumb.png.d41dff33a5f9520b394dcb6d2ce4d44c.pngimage.thumb.png.59b857091b80846ada59d685aa1f7346.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We had a couple old shepherds when I was really young, I still remember their names. The female was named “Happy” and male was “Puppy”. My parents didn’t put a lot of effort into naming them I guess. :spittake: That was about 53 years ago, so yeah, I guess dogs can have an effect on you. :)

9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

We had a couple old shepherds when I was really young, I still remember their names. The female was named “Happy” and male was “Puppy”. My parents didn’t put a lot of effort into naming them I guess. :spittake: That was about 53 years ago, so yeah, I guess dogs can have an effect on you. :)

When I hear pet names like that I always assume the kids got to name them - but maybe parents just tell that story :)

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider
2 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

When I hear pet names like that I always assume the kids got to name them - but maybe parents just tell that story :)

I rescue my dogs.  They tend to come with names already.  :)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

I don't get to contribute to this thread that often, but I found this and since my garage is full to the brim I needed to share.  It's a Facebook link. My apologies if you're not on FB.  It would be you're loss with this 2004 R1150RS.  $2K Buy's a lot of fun with this one!

Priced right, but two things come to mind with this model….one, it has the “ power brakes”, which are known to be troublesome. Second, the input shaft is also know to go tits up, due to BMW made  it too short. Oh, third, that paint scheme is a love it, or hate it.

If the whizzy brakes still work they have likely been well maintained and will continue to work with good care; if they have failed they are easy and cheap to bypass. 

4 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

I don't get to contribute to this thread that often, but I found this and since my garage is full to the brim I needed to share.  It's a Facebook link. My apologies if you're not on FB.  It would be you're loss with this 2004 R1150RS.  $2K Buy's a lot of fun with this one!

@Lowndes may like that one.   I think he could use a spare bike, or 8.   :grin: