IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Meh, I have seen one of these "rare" motorcycles in person at a SECFF lunch at Yoder's.  It comes with a trailer?   Not really clear on that.  

The listing states that he is 80 and I guess the family took the key from him to keep him from having fun.   :dontknow:

It is located in Franklin, NC near quite a few roads to have fun riding it after purchase.   :yes:

00s0s_6ZUkufQtOoM_0t20CI_1200x900.thumb.jpg.027e80e6d28e2b301bf3eea9445ca7da.jpg

• Plus 1 1
23 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Meh, I have seen one of these "rare" motorcycles in person at a SECFF lunch at Yoder's.  It comes with a trailer?   Not really clear on that.  

The listing states that he is 80 and I guess the family took the key from him to keep him from having fun.   :dontknow:

It is located in Franklin, NC near quite a few roads to have fun riding it after purchase.   :yes:

00s0s_6ZUkufQtOoM_0t20CI_1200x900.thumb.jpg.027e80e6d28e2b301bf3eea9445ca7da.jpg

If you make it to 80 and you’re still capable of riding a motorcycle, and then, your family takes that away. :4331:
You may have spent your lifetime with the wrong loved ones. :5146:   

Now maybe it be understandable if part of your riding gear is adult diapers but that’s it. The mushed up broccoli and oatmeal is not a disqualifier! :4315:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
szurszewski
7 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Maybe not super rare in this community, but to the general public and even most motorcyclists, this isn’t a bike you’ll see very often - so I don’t begrudge the seller feeling some pride and thinking he’s got a rare bird. It does also seem clear to me that the trailer is included - right in the first sentence it says, comes with its own trailer. 

For the miles and condition and what looks like an equally well kept trailer it seems like a very fair asking price. 

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 3
  • Thanks 1

Kelly blue book says 'average listing price 4950' so perhaps a bit high?   Nice set up, but would nice to know service history?

I am always surprised when I see one of these bikes. How can someone neglect a perfectly good motorbike, by

parking it in the elements, and letting it rot away. It a tragedy of cyclical proportions.

• Haha 1
On 6/25/2023 at 2:03 PM, szurszewski said:

Maybe not super rare in this community, but to the general public and even most motorcyclists, this isn’t a bike you’ll see very often - so I don’t begrudge the seller feeling some pride and thinking he’s got a rare bird. It does also seem clear to me that the trailer is included - right in the first sentence it says, comes with its own trailer. 

For the miles and condition and what looks like an equally well kept trailer it seems like a very fair asking price. 

No side cases, tho.  Deal breaker.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
fourteenfour
On 7/6/2023 at 1:47 PM, Lone_RT_rider said:

Those things are damned near bullet proof.

I seem to recall a buddy of mine having a nightmare issue over alternator replacement, he had a cx500 turbo followed by a 650 but I forget on which he had the issue. I just remember him saying if it had not been warranty he would have considered another bike

roadscholar
9 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

I seem to recall a buddy of mine having a nightmare issue over alternator replacement, he had a cx500 turbo followed by a 650 but I forget on which he had the issue. I just remember him saying if it had not been warranty he would have considered another bike

In normally aspirated form they are pretty bulletproof, I bought a cherry CX500 Custom that was a trade-in at a local dealer I knew (they have a gorgeous gas tank), not fast but ran like a swiss watch and had a 10k redline. I took it to Mid-Ohio Vintage Days and traded it for a beautiful Moto Morini 3.5 Sport. Also had a 500 Turbo I got cheap (very nice but non running) that needed a stator. The problem is the engine has to be removed to get to it. Found a guru in Tifton, Ga. that could do it reasonably, after that it was a great bike and mucho fun in the mountains. 

3 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Just brilliant!

Now that’s not similar to that southern “Bless Your Heart” thing, is it? :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1

I just put a deposit on a 1976 R90/6 that I will be riding home next week... He had the odometer trip out on him, but estimates 50,000 miles ... seems about right.

1976BMWR906.thumb.jpg.3dd23754010d53d07d00e53647e817d3.jpg

I will probably lose the fairing ... and probably the side bags intermittently for aesthetics VS groceries.   I found a cool fairing on e-bay for sixty bucks that I may try out. 

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1