IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Hey, that 3-wheeler, with 3 cylinders,  comes with 3 hemets.  Trifecta in play?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Dang, what's a guy gonna do with all those extra wheels.  It'd be like drivin' a limo.  🤣🤣

My buddy's late father (just passed away maybe 2 years ago at age 88, if I recall correctly, finally decided that he had to turn in his motorcycle spurs and retreat into something a little safer for his age and handicap.   He bought one of these things, and had it about a month, before he sold it and bought himself yet another BMW (GS, I think).   He was still riding at the time of his death, and his son's never could quite catch the old man.   😁🙃   

Old age?!  That's what backrests are for.  Set me up on my bike, give me a full tank of gas, tie me up against the back rest, and just let me goOOO!!!  :bike:  🤣🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
fourteenfour

combined those four don't even total ten thousand miles, so besides the looks what keeps people from riding them after buying one?

I mean, like the ugly girl, ride it at night and don't let your friends find out. the problem only arises when she follows you home.

58 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

what keeps people from riding them after buying one

Laughs and derision where motorcyclists congregate:rofl:

But seriously, I went to a manufacturer to dealer intro when they were releasing the originals (yeah.... a while ago now).

My overall impression was that they have all the disadvantages of cars and motorcycles rolled into one vehicle, with none of the advantages of either.

Felt like driving a car whilst sitting on its roof. Without the traction and stability controls we'd all crash 'em quick. 

So... no, not a fan. When I get too old to hold up my RT I'll be on a maxi-scooter...... laughs and derision to follow, no doubt:bike:

• Haha 1
On 7/31/2022 at 5:50 PM, wbw6cos said:

Hey, that 3-wheeler, with 3 cylinders,  comes with 3 hemets.  Trifecta in play?

I think it's called a ménage à trois.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Lowndes said:

I think it's called a ménage à trois.

I haven’t come across that featured accessory in the 8000 miles I’ve driven mine.:5146: Where’s that damn manual!  :4323:

• Like 1

I love this part of his ad:  "KBB Trade In $6,700."

:3:

Good luck with that.  Some dealer taking in a 10 year old BMW "in trade"?!!  And an 82K mile bike, besides?  My guess is $3500 to $4000, and it'll take him a little while to sell it, but I've been wrong before.

It's definitely a nice bike.  I might take a flyer on it if it were a GS, just 'cause my RT, affectionally named "Garage Queen" is a bit lonely.  🙄

This was the most disliked BMW I ever bought. Mostly the air suspension I suppose, but I never bonded with the bike. One year bike, this one in the shape it’s in is probably a rare bird. 

PS…I still have the stock seat from mine and some oil filters if anybody has the need.

Man did I take a screwing on my trade but that new bike lust is so blinding.  :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.339ce167b348d507874cf12db26d84e1.jpeg

• Haha 1

Had one too Pat but didn't keep it longnot a fan of the air shock either altho most people changed it out for a standard one. They do have a following though. I had an XCountry for years which was a combination of the Challenge and XMoto, added a w/s and bigger counter sprocket so it was comfy at 80, great little do-all bike with plenty of power. Not as good as a 690 KTM offroad but not bad and way better on road, few other thumpers could run with it.

053.JPG

Another (unrestored) airhead on BaT today, will be interesting to see where it goes.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-bmw-r90-6-22/

1976 BMW R90/6

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Hosstage said:

That was such an odd bike, some very forward thinking styling. Highly unexpected from Honda.

I'd bet it would be a good investment but you would need a suitable storage space.

• Plus 1 1
42 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

I'd bet it would be a good investment but you would need a suitable storage space.

True that, if it fetches that kind of money. :thumbsup: I think I can remember seeing one around 10K (maybe even a little less) a few years ago.

54 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

True that, if it fetches that kind of money. :thumbsup: I think I can remember seeing one around 10K (maybe even a little less) a few years ago.

Yeah, that price seems a little ambitious, but that might be the market now.

• Plus 1 1

Most definitely! :thumbsup: I bet it’s a great ride as long as you understand what you’re getting into. What it’s built for in other words. ;)

• Like 1
lawnchairboy
On 8/10/2022 at 12:01 PM, TEWKS said:

This was the most disliked BMW I ever bought. Mostly the air suspension I suppose, but I never bonded with the bike. One year bike, this one in the shape it’s in is probably a rare bird. 

PS…I still have the stock seat from mine and some oil filters if anybody has the need.

Man did I take a screwing on my trade but that new bike lust is so blinding.  :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.339ce167b348d507874cf12db26d84e1.jpeg

I bought one from OLDFRT.  Worst rear suspension ever.

• Plus 1 1
fourteenfour
11 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

They ARE heavy.

10 hours ago, lawnchairboy said:

I bought one from OLDFRT.  Worst rear suspension ever.

Basically they were everything a modern BMW isn't.   BMW has incredible deals on them besides allowing dealers to mark them down as demos.  2k Cash + 0.9% financing for the B/Transcontinental.  There really wasn't a good professional review to be had with the only compliments being about the fit and finish. I think the B model looks great but its a hundred pounds overweight and needs an adjustable windscreen if not more. Cycle Trader has some great deals on them, I bet the guy who wants 32k thinks being a First Edition imparts value.  I did see a Classic with side car... now that I could almost do.

fourteenfour
33 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

Is that enough to buy a sidecar for it???:rofl:

Almost.  See this thread over from the Indian Motorcycle forums   Honestly I have almost considered this, however when I did a Ural demo it really did not give me a good feeling. 

R18 with side car.jpg

• Like 1