IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

5 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

A Pristine SP will set you back about ten large........IF you can find one for sale........FWIW

Wow, that’s good to know! :thumbsup: I know somebody that knows somebody, but he ain’t selling just yet. ;)

3 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Nope, definitely not cheap.

@TEWKS

Yeah, well, folks have found out that BMW GS's are very, very popular bikes.  What this owner may NOT know, it that (a) there's nothing "classic" about a BMW R1150GS, i.e. they are a dime a dozen, and (b) those "very, very popular" GS's are Wetheads and Shiftcams, with maybe some Camhead's thrown in there.   People aren't chomping at the bit for 18 year old bikes with micky mouse seat covers and Armor all over everywhere, for $8000.   But, he'll find out.

Yeah I think that value is from the guy who had one or thought about buying one but didn’t. Nostalgia hard at work. :classic_biggrin: I’m sure they’re creeping up in price but I think he’s reaching right now IMO. 

roadscholar
39 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

@TEWKS

Yeah, well, folks have found out that BMW GS's are very, very popular bikes.  What this owner may NOT know, it that (a) there's nothing "classic" about a BMW R1150GS, i.e. they are a dime a dozen, and (b) those "very, very popular" GS's are Wetheads and Shiftcams, with maybe some Camhead's thrown in there.   People aren't chomping at the bit for 18 year old bikes with micky mouse seat covers and Armor all over everywhere, for $8000.   But, he'll find out.

Actually you're a bit misinformed. What that owner knows is that it's a future classic and in that condition with only 5k miles I think he's priced it correctly, having owned 5 or 6 of them over a 20 year span. It's one of the best bikes BMW has ever made, not as fast or feel good as the new stuff but when those have 80,000 miles on them and are out of warranty, because of complexity and expense to repair, their value will plummet like a rock while 1150's will at the same time keep escalating.  Check back in 5 years if you don't think so. 

They are not a dime a dozen any longer, and nice ones will keep getting scarcer. BTW that's not a mickey mouse seat cover either but a factory option offered on black and silver 1150Gs's only and worth extra to someone that knows this stuff.

• Like 3
roadscholar
21 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Yeah I think that value is from the guy who had one or thought about buying one but didn’t. Nostalgia hard at work. :classic_biggrin: I’m sure they’re creeping up in price but I think he’s reaching right now IMO. 

Do a search Pat, if you find another like it for less I'd be surprised..

• Like 1

Another “Like it” It probably doesn’t exist with that little bit of use. So Bill, yeah I think I just made your point. :classic_biggrin:

roadscholar

True, it's almost a new bike. Mentioned before but I sold my 01 recently (35k miles) I'd had 17 years for 5500. to a guy that was eager to get it, his previous bike was an Africa Twin he'd ridden all over the country. He viewed it as a move up and correctly so.

IMG_4967.thumb.JPG.9f2d0f761262445deff53eedcbc29d46.JPG

Sold the '04 (twin spark) with 14k miles (and sidecar) for 7900. a few years ago, sidecar value maybe 1.5-2k. There's one of them red seats again, at least half of one, it's purty but ain't as comfy as a Sargent : )

IMG_5210.thumb.JPG.da5a413fd21e513399c224739e840294.JPG

• Like 1
3 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Actually you're a bit misinformed. What that owner knows is that it's a future classic and in that condition with only 5k miles I think he's priced it correctly, having owned 5 or 6 of them over a 20 year span. It's one of the best bikes BMW has ever made, not as fast or feel good as the new stuff but when those have 80,000 miles on them and are out of warranty, because of complexity and expense to repair, their value will plummet like a rock while 1150's will at the same time keep escalating.  Check back in 5 years if you don't think so. 

They are not a dime a dozen any longer, and nice ones will keep getting scarcer. BTW that's not a mickey mouse seat cover either but a factory option offered on black and silver 1150Gs's only and worth extra to someone that knows this stuff.

Boy-oh-boy, but don't some Beemer owners get touching about their favorite bikes.  🙃😁  Ok, ok, I'm sorry to dishonor your bike.  I've never had a GS, but have ridden the 1150 GS before, and have owned an 1150 RT.   The Hexhead I had was a night and day improvement.  In fact, I've thought about trying to find an old Hexhead GS as a garage toy and sometime riding fun bike.    

To each his own.   👍🍻

roadscholar

You’re missing the point, we’re talking about a very low mile future collectible you can use, has nothing to do with me, just pointing out I’ve had some experience with that model. Also have a pretty good grasp on the classic German car and bike market and it’s trends having restored and collected vintage/historic Porsche’s and Mercs for 50+ years, along with a couple dozen airheads.

Here’s one that might surprise you too, the reason it’s a standout is the mileage and condition. And the red seat : )

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-bmw-r100-gs-paris-dakar-4/

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Very low miles?  Huh.  I wonder if the run in service was taken care of.   Hard to ride that in the big city.  :dontknow:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Very low miles?  Huh.  I wonder if the run in service was taken care of.   Hard to ride that in the big city.  :dontknow:

I’m guessing the cool kids on the block bought a Harley or maybe an Adventure touring bike. :dontknow: It’s tough to keep up with the latest trends sometimes. :spittake:

Doesn't say anything about the first service. :5146: 

• Haha 1
John Ranalletta

For someone in need of a simple, reliable m/c trailer, look at this.  I've hand Nomanco trailers for decades.  Solid, well built, tow like on rails (with good tires).  

I'm tempted to buy this and convert it as I did my original to a drop-bed design that eliminates ramps.  If you buy it, I have a great design for foot ramps a welding shop can fab easily.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/tro/d/westerville-single-rail-motorcycle/7510856738.html

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Yep, it's a PERFECT fit for my garage.  However, it'll get kinda crowded in there with two bikes and my camping cot, 'cause the wife won't let me back in the house after I've parked a SECOND "new-to-me" BMW in the garage. 🙄😒😁  So, we'll have to let Pat have this one.

• Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
John Ranalletta
2 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

Yep, it's a PERFECT fit for my garage.  However, it'll get kinda crowded in there with two bikes and my camping cot, 'cause the wife won't let me back in the house after I've parked a SECOND "new-to-me" BMW in the garage. 🙄😒😁  So, we'll have to let Pat have this one.

Gone.

Back up again.

3 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Gone.

Back up again.

Oh, that's just Pat, working the owner on the price.  🤣😲  Sold, unsold, maybe sold, thinkin' about it, almost sold ......  

• Haha 1

Got my eyes on a couple other things at the moment so I’m gonna have to let that one slide. Make a deal on it and I’ll store it for you. Of course rotation of the tires included free of charge. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WOW!   He had that stored in his heated, dry basement for at least 2 years prior to being assembled.   :5146:

• Smile 1
17 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

at least 2 years prior to being assembled.

There you go again William with that dang calcumalator

• Haha 1

Gotta remember, the quality of road my GS tends to find keeps the mileage a little lower than the average commuter would usually rack up. ;) :grin: Nice GT! :thumbsup:

5FCF55EE-DA32-48BC-AB3A-7771055273F2.thumb.jpeg.ca92f7943e97077a562fc05565702480.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f3ee65e01b6391c3c36efb9e3b0d0cd4.jpeg

4 hours ago, taylor1 said:

There you go again William with that dang calcumalator

I actually used it 3 times so I didn't mess up.  :ohboy:

If you check it out in person, he might be willing to take a lower offer.  :5146:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Gotta remember, the quality of road my GS tends to find keeps the mileage a little lower than the average commuter would usually rack up. ;) :grin: Nice GT! :thumbsup:

5FCF55EE-DA32-48BC-AB3A-7771055273F2.thumb.jpeg.ca92f7943e97077a562fc05565702480.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f3ee65e01b6391c3c36efb9e3b0d0cd4.jpeg

Ouch!!  My bad:18:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No bad, no worries, I just had to reach deep into my bullshit bag to try and reclaim my manhood! :revit: :spittake:

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

No bad, no worries, I just had to reach deep into my bullshit bag to try and reclaim my manhood! :revit: :spittake:

Gotta gun?;)

• Haha 1