IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Lone_RT_rider
3 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Just don't fall down, problem solved : ) 

Says the man who takes GREAT PRIDE in making people fall down. ;)

roadscholar
1 hour ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Says the man who takes GREAT PRIDE in making people fall down. ;)

If they would just learn to ride it wouldn't be a problem. :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Just don't fall down, problem solved : )

Most of my riding during my lifetime has been in the dirt.  I really haven't been able to (or now, have the courage to) take a day long+ ride on an RT (sacrilege, I know!)   If it were my right ankle, I'd probably own a GS.  But my touchdown and natural push down ankle is left side.  Plus, I'm used to muscling desert and trials bikes.  I know I could adjust to finessing something larger, but still,  I'd need two good legs on the pegs to do it.  Anyhow, everyone's got problems.  Mine are pretty minor.  

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
2 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Yes, looks like it’s had lots of sun exposure, why bother. Seems to me the fact he doesn’t mention it in the ad is a bigger problem.

2001, no wizzy brakes, that started in 02. I had one just like it for 18 years, possibly the best BMW I’ve ever owned and there have been many. Simple, sturdy, reliable, comfortable at 90 and plenty adequate off road. Sold it several months ago to a guy for $5500. and he was very happy to get it. 

“There is no such thing as a cheap German car” (or motorcycle).

7A3A38B0-0302-40A9-A875-0E8AF4B6B3A7.thumb.jpeg.3689e2797977cc887911d199d8338446.jpeg

E52FD115-6C28-40A8-BF88-CBA574BF8A3D.thumb.jpeg.a76128cde7bb457c91dd0759540d7e05.jpeg

I regret selling my 2001 to this day.  Cannot duplicate it.  The custom milled barbacks, modified Pro Taper bars to accept BMW heated grips, custom skid plate, pegs, seats, shocks and more.  The guy still has it.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Just don't fall down, problem solved : ) Of course it's not a real offroad bike but it'll take you plenty of places to see you wouldn't want to ride on an RT. 

I resemble that remark! Nothing like a good challenge!  :ohboy::shake::computer:

• Haha 1
roadscholar
1 hour ago, Indy Dave said:

I resemble that remark! Nothing like a good challenge!  :ohboy::shake::computer:

Theres always exceptions Dave, not many but you’re definitely one : )

• Like 1
roadscholar
On 5/26/2022 at 11:22 AM, Indy Dave said:

One would think by now I'd know better. :dopeslap:

Possibly : ) I used to ride RT's and RS's offroad (btw a bit tricky in Fla sand) then realized they were the wrong tool for the job. The thing I’ve found about meandering solo down an unknown dirt road or trail is that conditions are more likely to deteriorate than not so having a bike more suitable let’s you travel further down It with a greater degree of success of coming out the other side.

Big GS’s are made to tip over w/o doing a lot of damage plus picking them up isn’t that hard because they’re already tilted at 30 degrees.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

And I thought the mileage on my 92 was low.  :classic_biggrin: Not so much a bargain just interesting the amount of use it got.

image.thumb.jpeg.ac9490caef484ad5f90c7dde093d8c08.jpeg

It is ridiculously low mileage, but I'm not sure that is a plus if it is to be a rider. It will need some work to make it roadworthy, especially if it was not prepped for long term storage. And it's not really a collectable edition, so buying as an investment isn't really a thing either.

But it is a sweetheart.

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider
3 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

The price is too high but it does look ready for anything

00303_5bah1v4q9IKz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

I have an unhealthy lust for a K bike for somebody that has never owned one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 5/29/2022 at 4:04 AM, TEWKS said:

And I thought the mileage on my 92 was low.  :classic_biggrin: Not so much a bargain just interesting the amount of use it got.

Ya know, I like just about every bike esthetically, in some way or another.  Every bike is a piece of art.  And, I have to admire guys who can ride, and really enjoy a Harley.   Me?  I just never could.   I want my motorcycles to pure like a kitten, and roar like a leopard (ya know, not the gaudy lion type roar, just kind of a mean growl).😁   I mean, if I owned a Harley, I'd be stopping every couple of miles, tightening bolts to make all that extra rattling noise go away.  🤣🤣  

But, to each, their own .... ride!  👍🍻

• Like 2
Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

I have an unhealthy lust for a K bike for somebody that has never owned one. 

Nothing moves two dots on a map closer together like an 03 or 04 KRS. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

Nothing moves two dots on a map closer together like an 03 or 04 KRS. 

Hmmm, yeah, that plus maybe a radar detector mounted up front.  😏

(stopping for those pesky Blue and Red flashing lights every half hour really cuts into progress between dots!)

Dennis Andress
8 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

Hmmm, yeah, that plus maybe a radar detector mounted up front.  😏

(stopping for those pesky Blue and Red flashing lights every half hour really cuts into progress between dots!)

Utah made 100 mph 'reckless' just a couple of months ago. On Easter weekend the Highway Patrol made an unusual effort and stopped 53 vehicles exceeding 100 mph. One of whom was doing 121. Happily they've backed off and once again it's normal to pull up alongside a semi going down a long grade at 95. 

(There are five or six radar detectors in the house, let me know if you need one.)

• Plus 1 1
1 hour ago, Dennis Andress said:

Utah made 100 mph 'reckless' just a couple of months ago. On Easter weekend the Highway Patrol made an unusual effort and stopped 53 vehicles exceeding 100 mph. One of whom was doing 121. Happily they've backed off and once again it's normal to pull up alongside a semi going down a long grade at 95. 

(There are five or six radar detectors in the house, let me know if you need one.)

I don't mind so much getting pulled over when I'm consciously exceeding the speed limit, but that's never happened.  Ever.  EVERY time I've been stopped and cited, it was a pretty, clear day, wonderful time to ride or drive, I'm either cruising in traffic at pace with others, or just rolling down the road, and I get tagged in a speed trap, 6 mph over, 3 mph over, whatever.   (Heck, the last time I got stopped on my last RT, I was doing about 90 MPH, or maybe 105, who knows, going up I5 near Mission Viejo.  The CHP officer who stopped me walked up to me, grabbed my helmet to look in my eyes, found out I was a sober old guy, and not some young Marine or squid, and I suppose felt bad 'cause I was so old, AND sober.  He asked why I was traveling so fast, and I told him 'late for a meeting'.  He asked when the meeting was, and it was in about 20 minutes.  He said "slow down!  Unless you can warp time, you ain't gonna make it on time", turned, and walked away.  Cool guy.)

I haven't used a radar detector since the 1980's when I was in the Navy (and actually had something called "disposable income", unlike the later years when I had something called "a wife and kids").   It's lower on my $priority$ list, but it's there, just in case I'm actually enjoying myself riding my new-to-me Beemer, and forget about looking at the odometer.    

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
4 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Anybody need a project?

Well, considering that I always hated the way those things looked, ah... nopers!   (It's "Pearls before swine" in my case, I suppose) 

4 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Anybody need a project?

Photo for 1970 Jaguar E-Type

Yes, but no. Love those cars, but luckily I am not one to take on a project. Especially one as deep as that can become.

What is that, a boat, a car, or a motorcycle?

Hmm, maybe it's a plane, 'cause it's pointed straight up.  (Oops, I hope not, because now it's headed straight down and that might scratch the chrome ...  🤣😬)

Not on Craigslist, found this at the Viking Chapter AMCA National Meet, Swap Meet, Bike Show today. It runs so sweet, fired right off.

IMG_20220610_160737394_HDR.thumb.jpg.005d327f3b1fef149c96faf5dfd67e90.jpgIMG_20220610_160754496_HDR.thumb.jpg.09edc9e7ccc8b408b201c3295b8a6272.jpg

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider
2 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Love the bike, hate.....HATE the seat color. :(

Ummmmm.... what does this mean? I don't understand!   image.png.e22c548fb716cd0ce8a32a644681a4b1.png:5150::4607::3:

39 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Ummmmm.... what does this mean? I don't understand!   image.png.e22c548fb716cd0ce8a32a644681a4b1.png

Afternoon  Lone_RT_rider

Good question, my guess is that it means something like Velocity Maximum of 100 MPH with Mud & Snow tires. 

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider
49 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon  Lone_RT_rider

Good question, my guess is that it means something like Velocity Maximum of 100 MPH with Mud & Snow tires. 

Thanks.... I knew what it meant. I was using sarcasm. 

szurszewski
10 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Thanks.... I knew what it meant. I was using sarcasm. 

Not strongly enough, apparently. 

• Haha 1
roadscholar

All 1150 Adventures had that decal because they came with TKC80 knobbies. I had mine up to 115 on pavement and same on dirt once just to see what it felt like. It was a little scary on asphalt but surprisingly stable and controllable in the dirt: : )

• Like 1
7 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Not strongly enough, apparently. 

There needs to be a sarcasm font.  Why has one not been adopted?

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Red said:

There needs to be a sarcasm font.  Why has one not been adopted?

The monthly subscription rate would have to go up… :dontknow:

szurszewski
On 6/15/2022 at 2:03 PM, TEWKS said:

The monthly subscription rate would have to go up… :dontknow:

I'd be willing to pay double the current rate - heck, I'd pay triple!

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Oh snap - if that isn't fake, you gotta buy it. 

... and if it is fake, if he can forge a registerable title, buy it anyhow.  😁😎

• Thinking 1