IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

58 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

So, you guys are saying this would be a no? :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.e1912992ddd3c8b2588f9af64228d4d5.jpeg

Always wondered what you looked like, Pat.   To each their ...uhh.. own. 🙄  (not really; I am proudly judgmental, which used to be known as "discerning" 😒😱🤣)

• Haha 1

Yup, I tried out the hip scene for a while but it wasn’t working for me. I ended up going back to straight legs and work boots. :classic_biggrin:

37 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Yup, I tried out the hip scene for a while but it wasn’t working for me. I ended up going back to straight legs and work boots. :classic_biggrin:

... too many pair of singed genes at work cut into the bell bottom budget, eh?  

edit: Opps, that should have been "jeans", but given Pat's line of work, probably the genes are gettin' it, too.  🙃😁🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
On 3/2/2022 at 2:25 PM, TEWKS said:

Ok, enough about my fashionable attire, :classic_biggrin: lets sell us some motorbikes! :yes:

2012 with low-ish mileage, $8,500 bucks.  :dontknow:

image.jpeg.acc0fc1e560ea17ee58fb3649f54471e.jpeg

It looks like a peach.  It looks like the bike I SHOULD have bought instead of the 2018 RT, so that I'd have enough money to buy a 2012 GS/GSA, too.  🙄

As far as the advertisement, I'd never put "200K mileage" anywhere in my ad.  Yeah, he says it only has 18K miles, but people scan ads pretty quickly, and "200K" for a 2012 RT is going to stick in their minds a lot quicker than "17,137 miles".

And, yeah, one has to be suspicious about everything now days.   It may be a fraudulent ad.  Heck, the digital odometer could have been turned back (nothing's impossible).  It could have been retrieved out of a ditch after a flood somewheres.

Buyer beware, ALWAYS, even when they have sterling documentation trails.  (Hmm, ESPECIALLY when the deal is too far below market, and the paperwork lines up.) 

On 3/2/2022 at 5:25 PM, TEWKS said:

Ok, enough about my fashionable attire, :classic_biggrin: lets sell us some motorbikes! :yes:

2012 with low-ish mileage, $8,500 bucks.  :dontknow:

image.jpeg.acc0fc1e560ea17ee58fb3649f54471e.jpeg

The third photo shows a Triumph Bonnie in the garage. I suspect that it’s a legit ad, and the senior rider went to a lighter machine....were probably all headed for this type of scenario🤣

• Like 1
szurszewski

The ad (for the RT) lists a name and address. The name matches this guy

and if you look up street view for the address the garage is clearly the same as in the pics, and you can even see the same white Jeep Gladiator. If it’s not a legit ad someone went through a lot of trouble to link it to real stuff. 

• Like 2

Great Detective work there, and some cool bubbles too! :clap: :classic_biggrin:

edit…I wish I was in the audience, I’d bet him he couldn’t make bubbles with his RT’s exhaust pipe. :D

I know, very tempted to call on it. It will probably be gone by tonight. My brother has one that I can use whenever, but it’s nice not to have to ask sometimes.

3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Get your adventure on for cheap! :yes: I don’t know if it’s the memories of the most epic adventure ride of my life riding up to Goose Bay and then ferry ride over to Newfoundland on an f 650 but sure do regret trading mine.

Another one that’ll be gone very quickly priced at $1,750 obo.

image.thumb.jpeg.de1e9e396b7645f86620fee112d091a9.jpeg

About aa cheap as you’ll ever find a decent one.

IIRC, these have a pretty nice Rotax mill. I had a loaner for a week, while my clutch was getting done by the dealer. Pretty impressive single.

• Like 1
roadscholar

Had a few, great little bikes. The Aeroflow windshield (like on that one) works amazingly well and are next to impossible to find.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

He's definitely "lost that lovin' feeling'", i.e. no love for his bike.  He just wants it gone.  You can tell by the fact that he didn't even bother to run a wet cloth over the chrome, to remove the dust.  1/2 hour of cleaning, and that bike would glow.

A bit far a way for me to go to get it, and my garage is too small for two bikes (or as my wife sometimes claims, even one).😒   But this would be a beautiful 2-up rider for sure.  My wife WOULD probably love this one, and make me sell the newer RT (which I would grudgingly do, even as I bought the GS - the things wives make men do!). 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

After further investigation I found this. :( Can’t tell if it’s a small replaceable part or more..

Probably not something that would discourage me and it’s a good negotiation point to get it for 3K. ;) 

image.thumb.jpeg.04b3fcf091758aec577673065cd4c083.jpeg

szurszewski
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

After further investigation I found this. :( Can’t tell if it’s a small replaceable part or more..

Probably not something that would discourage me and it’s a good negotiation point to get it for 3K. ;) 

image.thumb.jpeg.04b3fcf091758aec577673065cd4c083.jpeg

I can’t quite tell where that is. Looks like just in front of the weird upholstered side panel on the right - but there’s no full pic of the right side of bike. 

If it’s where I think it is, the damage would be to one of the two largest body panels. …but I really can’t tell. 

• Thanks 1

I test rode one once and thought it was an extremely awkward feeling motorcycle. I chalked it up to “needing more seat time” but, maybe not. :dontknow:

szurszewski

The first time I rode one I’d already bought it and it was sitting in a friend’s garage narrowly between his mustang and his wife’s car (he’d picked it up for me and I flew to his city to ride it home). I expected it to feel tall and too heavy. It was actually almost too low to the ground, if anything. It’s obviously not designed to be best at tight mountain twisties, but it’s great at more sweeper kind of stuff and a pleasure on the highway. I also found it fine it town for errands and such. Lots of grocery space :)

…and those side bumpers (I do recognize that cracked spot for sure now) are designed to keep the bike intact in a light tip over - I’m surprised it broke there. Though maybe it was a hard tip over and they just replaced the cheaper bumper parts. 

• Like 1

I mentioned this bike to a guy at work who’s looking, hope he acts on it because I’d like to try it out again! :yes:

edit…is that part replaceable or too cost prohibitive you think? 

• Haha 1
roadscholar

I had a couple in the 2000'sno fun to push around in the garage but great out on the open road. They also handle better than you'd think judging by their heft and size. Keep in mind it's twenty year old tech but I preferred it over a Wing which it was built to compete with. They're kind of a fun barcalounger, comfortable for extended saddle time yet entertaining enough to keep you in the ride. I rode one from Trenton, Ontario to Jax nonstop once (21 hours/1400mi), don't think I'd have tried that on anything else. 

• Like 2
szurszewski
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I mentioned this bike to a guy at work who’s looking, hope he acts on it because I’d like to try it out again! :yes:

edit…is that part replaceable or too cost prohibitive you think? 

It’s hard to tell from the pic exactly what is broken (I can tell WHERE that spot is, but not exactly what is wrong). If it’s the big fairing panel it would depend on finding a correct color used panel in good shape and nearby. 

• Thanks 1
Lone_RT_rider

Pat, 

I found a book that you really need to buy. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it on Amazon. ;)

May be an image of text that says 'SCHOOL OF Après AprèsVélo Vélo LEARNING I'M NOT BUYING AT ANOTHER BIKE MONTHS FOR LEAST 12 YOU OTHER HILARIOUS AND CAN TELL YOURSELF JOKES'

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thinking 1

Like it! :yes: 

Actually, I sold two bikes and an atv when this used Porsche idea came to be, then, Ford snuck in and told me to build a new truck just how I’d like, so that’s been taking up most of my conscious time. Oh, they have a Mustang build site too that I spent much of yesterday on which is really fun. :facepalm:

Do they sell the book in like an all rounder fashion? :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
fourteenfour
5 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Pat, 

I found a book that you really need to buy. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it on Amazon. ;)

Actually I am telling myself that lie right now.  

• Like 1