IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Rubber coated?  Does that mean powder coat or truck bed liner

Gotta be truck bed liner - can you powder coat plastic?

No on powder coat as requires high heat to cure Thats why I was curious. Bet it looks like crap up close. Probably scratched bad and used liner to cover up hence low price

• Plus 1 1

+ 1 on it probably looking like crap but if you could adventure ride for $1500 bucks? Heck, get it stuck in the mud somewhere and just walk away. :dontknow: :rofl:

41 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

No on powder coat as requires high heat to cure Thats why I was curious.

But if you already knew, why did you ask?!  :4907:

It's not priced like a show bike - my GSA isn't pretty in any way, but I love riding it and it still gets lots of compliments. I bet one would find the same of this bike - for an ADV bike looking scratched up and ridden isn't a bad thing to most folks who are into ADV bikes ;)

• Like 1

Bumot in Bulgaria is looking for a few good men and a Pan America. :classic_biggrin:

rotaryracer

rotaryracerLong timer

Yeagar said: 
Any plans to make your luggage work on a Harley Pan America? If so, when? Currently the only option I can find is from Harley which is made by SW Motech.
I sure hope so...the current Pan America luggage solution rebranded by H-D is perhaps a bit less robust than the rest of the bike. I know the PAs are pretty thin on the ground here in the States and (I think) non-existent in Europe at the moment, but if we can get a bike to Bulgaria for prototyping (or the BUMOT team to a bike elsewhere), it's definitely an offering I'd love to see them develop. This looks like it's going to be a pretty important bike, both for H-D and the industry, so fingers crossed!

Edit..Seriously how cool would it be to have the PA panniers designed out in Salida. I’d for the heck of it toss out the offer to the US Distributor  :thumbsup:

Dennis Andress
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Edit..Seriously how cool would it be to have the PA panniers designed out in Salida. I’d for the heck of it toss out the offer to the US Distributor  :thumbsup:

Whip Gear!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

I had that same model and color, they were less than 13k out the door when BMW decided to get rid of all of them. Very nice machine but I did not keep it as I could not adjust to the riding position and lack of weather protection; that and the only bags for it from BMW were those gray expandable ones

That thing was a land missile in its day. I had one that color, it had a couple scrapes on the bottom of the fairing so we painted it just yellow and left off the checkerboards, looked good.

• Like 1
On 9/27/2021 at 5:15 PM, roadscholar said:

That thing was a land missile in its day. I had one that color, it had a couple scrapes on the bottom of the fairing so we painted it just yellow and left off the checkerboards, looked good.

That land missle met the ground somewhere.

image.png.ffdae9e116c407fa063d8edc2bc1b713.png

But what a gorgeous bike!!

• Like 2

Still time for a fly and ride.  :revit:  A little heavy but the weight disappears once underway. :thumbsup:

edit….you beat me to my thought. :classic_biggrin:

6 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

A little heavy but the weight disappears once underway.

Oh I'm very much aware of that..... a GT is on my list........ but that is too far away.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Skywagon said:

.which was your favorite and why?

The R1200RT-P. For the work that we did it was the safest platform to work from, the best available tool for the job The combination of advanced suspension, ABS, power and overall agility made it the best choice for what we did. A lot of speed enforcement on streets with higher limits made for some high speed riding every day. Pursuits were also easier as the bike was only using about 70-80% of its ability. The 1200 was a huge improvement over the 1150, and I actually preferred the 1100 to the 1150. (I do not like the OD gearbox on the 1150, nor the whizzy brakes). As clunky as the 1100 gearbox is, its ratios are perfect for the bike.

I also enjoyed the KZ1000-P, but it was a handful at speed. The rider definitely needs to know what they are doing on the KZ. Low speed maneuvers are cake on it though, and parade duty was also easier with the wet clutch. It will out perform the BMW at only one thing........ riding UP curbs....... can't do that on an RT.:dontknow:

Working Motors was the best job on the Dept., probably why I did it for 16 of my 25 years.............. 

• Like 2

As a P.S., I did ride test two different HD police models and they were completely unsuitable for enforcement.... Unreliable, unstable, slow and weak brakes. They were simply not designed for modern L.E. duty.

I also test rode a Euro P model, K75RT-P that BMW was testing in the US. Good bike but not quick enough for our needs, BMW then settled on the 1100RT-P.

10 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

That is a pretty reasonable price, though.  What a bargain!

I thought it was too so I passed it on to a coworker. He likes it, he’s of German heritage so, it makes sense. :classic_biggrin:

I always thought the fairing’s light configuration was bizarre but, I also thought that it would make me smile all day long chugging down a nice country back road. :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I always thought the fairing’s light configuration was bizarre

"Distinguished"

"Unique"

"Original"

:19:

• Like 1

So, not as nice in person. It’s been down on the left side. Fairing, mirror, valve cover and bag has scrapes. There’s an oil leak on the left cylinder you can see in pic. Any ideas on what might be the cause? Felt very funky with ten pounds of air in tires. (Should of checked first) :classic_biggrin:

As of now he passed on it.

C020F768-E196-4F59-8DEF-60E826D2EB80.jpeg

C2211276-2CF5-4087-88F6-99843E8AB3A5.jpeg

CAD07D47-703D-4082-87F0-0AFCCC209650.jpeg

Could be oil from cam chain tensioner, but I strongly suspect that it is transmission fluid coming out of the breather, due to over filling.

Whizzy brakes on those are the same as others in the BMW line-up.  As long as the fluid is changed and there are Spieglers installed. They can be good or bad.  Roll the dice if not maintained.  The 10psi could have been a factor in a drop, along with whizzy brakes and the behemoth weight.  :whistle:  add in inexperienced rider.

Also, the head cover could have been knocked loose and oil may be seeping there; would have to clean it to see where it might coming from.  Smell test may point in right direction.

That explains why so cheap.   Lots of salvage parts to use fixing it up.  Still pretty cheap if you over look the cosmetic and can find the oil source 

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1