IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

WoW Pat  I like it . I like it alot !

Love the color and  looks . Probably the size that would fit me best . Something tells me this particular bike was put through the wringer.
I always wondered about the tow package . Seems to me these smaller bikes were just not built for that. IDK. As always I could be wrong

• Like 1
1 minute ago, taylor1 said:

I always wondered about the tow package

Yeah, not sure what he meant by that. Doubt it was for the bike itself. :dontknow:

Just re- read that. Your probably right. Always wonder what well taken care of means ? Washed and waxed after a little dirt ?
Think I'll shoot him an email and ask about maintenance records.

• Like 1

It is missing a lid on the left side pannier. That could be a PITA tracking one down.. To me, it doesn’t look like it’s been thrashed all that hard and I think those motors have a pretty reliable reputation. Let us know what he says..

Sent an email and said I was interested. I got the feeling that it might have been through the wringer from his statement well ridden. Guess that could mean a couple of things.
Hopefully he meant ridden by an experienced. If so , that's a great price and nice looking bike. Who knows , maybe it could be my first GS

Thanks for the link

• Like 1

Appears to be a nice deal Dave, those are Touratech panniers so it shouldn't be hard to find a lid, pretty sure they're interchangeable left and right. I think 'well ridden but well cared for' just means he took it offroad and may have a couple scrapes here and there which is expected. If you talk to him ask if it's ever been under water and if so what they did afterwards. Mine was never submerged but came close once, they're pretty robust bikes and made to take a thrashing.

Untitled photo 

Untitled photo 

Untitled photo

• Like 1

When it sounds to good to be true , it usually is. He mailed me back last night and told me he made a typo. I offered $5,500 and told him I would have to tap out after that. I will probably wait until this fall when prices generally drop unless a screamin deal comes my way. I really liked the looks of that bike

• Like 2

I'm glad I don't live near Tewks...it would be very dangerous on my garage and marriage.  I've seen a couple of bikes Tewks posted that really made me want to come get them, but thank goodness it is a a long ways from Tejas.

• Like 1

I am not a fan of flat black, such an unfinished look. Not even rat rod, just, bleh.

At least he's asking too much for a non running bike.

Don't low ball me, I know what I've got.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

That bike in Medford might be a 2010 also. Not a 2012 as advertised.

Good catch Pat, you're right the orange was offered only the first year or two.

Model Year 2012 Changes

• Base model: Option 524 (ABS) added to 100% options; base MSRP up by $900 to reflect the change in base equipment
  • Standard Package: Content changes to exclude option 524 (ABS) which is now in 100% options; new MSRP change is zero ($0) since ABS is now in base model
  • Base MSRP increase: No base MSRP increase other than the changes explained above resulting from adding ABS to the base model
  • New special models: Option 210 – F 800 GS Trophy, and option N93 – Triple Black
  • New colors: N93 – Triple Black (Deep Black), N96 – GS Trophy (Desert Blue / Alpine White), and 986 (Graphitan Metallic Matte)
  • Discontinued colors: N24 (Lava Orange Metallic / Black Silk Shining), and 751 (Alpine White)
  • Like 1

Thanks Pat  This one is a hell of a lot closer to me. Will give this guy a shoot and pick his brain on the bike .I'm still gonna call the guy in Medford on Fri. and  do my final haggling.
I talked with Bill and he educated me quite a bit and pointed out some good bargaining chips. Knowing he posted the incorrect year is one more in the bag.

• Like 1

Yup out and back in a few hours time instead of a few days. :thumbsup:

Bill and crew down in Florida must have some experience with higher mileage F 800 motors. I’m assuming they are built to go a 100 thousand miles. Maybe more if cared for. :dontknow: 

The Jesse Bags are an expensive upgrade, as is the Ohlins suspension. Not that a seller usually recovers those costs but….

Hopefully Bill will chime in. The Ohlins are nice , but could actually cost me more. Rider build rate and might need rebuilt. I like the sargent , but might have a line on a few after market seats for the other one. Decisions,Decisions,Decisions. I have a nephew that lives a little north of Philly that I could stay with on the way up north and back.. Would break drive time in about half each way. My little grocery getting Ford Ranger is great on gas and my retirement time I look as free .LOL But that is all moot if the price ain't right.
Will keep you posted

• Like 1

It’s hard to tell from the photos but the Tenn. one looks like the paint is a little faded but could just be the light, I’d ask anyway. I wouldn’t worry much about 40k miles but would check on maintenance and oil changes. It’s a Rotax motor so longevity shouldn’t be an issue, plenty of guys on Adv with over 100k miles on em. 

It has some nice accessories that would be pricey if bought separately, but again ask about the wearables, tires, chain, sprockets. I don’t know your height or inseam Dave but an 800 is a pretty tall bike I think taller than a 1200GS but it is lighter and easier to manage, better off-road too, you might look up the specs.

• Like 2

Well the one in Tenn is sold. Back to Medford. I didn’t realize they were that tall. The Med. guy told me he was 5’8 and could flat foot his. Did mention however that with the bags on he had to mount it with the bike on the kick stand off the the foot peg. I’m a smidge taller , so I think I’ll be ok. 

• Like 1

I’d be pretty surprised if a 5’8” guy could flat foot (both feet, I mean) one. But maybe he’s got long legs and tall soles. 

I have not owned one but did a couple trips where I got to go back and forth between one and a 1200. They felt about the same height but narrower seat on the 800 - it was lighter than the 1200 and I didn’t feel like the 800 was “too” tall, but definitely taller than I’d expected. 

The 800 from those trips got sold to a guy who was probably 5’6” or a bit taller and I don’t think he could even touch both toes down. Definitely not close to flat footing. Didn’t stop him from hopping on and riding it though :)

3 hours ago, taylor1 said:

The Med. guy told me he was 5’8 and could flat foot his. Did mention however that with the bags on he had to mount it with the bike on the kick stand off the the foot peg. I’m a smidge taller , so I think I’ll be ok. 

I'm a little over 5'8 and couldn't flat foot it. And I rode it a bunch of times over the 12 years I had it although mostly off-road. Also had an 1150, 1150 Adv, 1200, and 1200Adv at the same time and it's def taller than a standard and similar to an Adv. Sargent used my bike to make the prototype seat(s) for the 800, I had them make two seats, a stepped seat and a flat one like on an enduro, both were made to taper down at the front so it would be a shorter reach to the ground but it was still tip toes for me.

Beginning to wonder about the Medford dude, been a few discrepancies in his descriptions/reality, I think Pat needs to go down there and slap him around a little : )

'10 1200GS

Physical measures and capacities
Dry weight: 203.0 kg (447.5 pounds)
Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 229.0 kg (504.9 pounds)
Power/weight ratio: 0.5086 HP/kg
Seat height: 850 mm (33.5 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall height: 1450 mm (57.1 inches)
Overall length: 2210 mm (87.0 inches)
Overall width: 935 mm (36.8 inches)
Wheelbase: 1507 mm (59.3 inches)
Fuel capacity: 20.00 litres (5.28 US gallons)
Reserve fuel capacity: 4.00 litres (1.06 US gallons)

'09 800GS

Physical measures and capacities
Dry weight: 185.0 kg (407.9 pounds)
Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 207.0 kg (456.4 pounds)
Power/weight ratio: 0.4566 HP/kg
Seat height: 880 mm (34.6 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Alternate seat height: 850 mm (33.5 inches) If adjustable, highest setting.
Overall height: 1350 mm (53.1 inches)
Overall length: 2320 mm (91.3 inches)
Overall width: 945 mm (37.2 inches)
Wheelbase: 1578 mm (62.1 inches)
Fuel capacity: 16.00 litres (4.23 US gallons)
Reserve fuel capacity: 4.00 litres (1.06 US gallons)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

Yup  I should of send Pat there from day one to straighten him out  He’d probably just given it to me :rofl:

If I have to go down there and apply some…um how do I say this, pressure! I’m getting something out of it! :read: :classic_biggrin: 

504_4866305.jpg

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

LBump .... you know it's not always funny when to tease somebody

When you’re good, you’re good! ;) I think Larry beat me at my own game! :classic_biggrin: I’m a sucker for the Triple Black GS’s. :read:

59 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

LBump .... you know it's not always funny when to tease somebody:4322:

I apologize...  sincerely wasn't meaning to tease.  :dopeslap:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, taylor1 said:

Larry not to change the subject , but did you ever get a chance to try the Carbtune ?

Dave,

It's still in the box, though it will be used soon because the  '09 RT needs a level 2.

I forgot I bought it from you... I do remember it took several months to get because of the shipping delays due to Covid. 

• Like 1