IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

roadscholar
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

I don’t even know if it’s true, I never personally saw pictures of the alleged incident. :spittake:

I did once, never admitted it though, no pics : )

• Haha 1
roadscholar
11 minutes ago, SDCRJohn said:

This one is a tough call, as to being a “find.”

if they are accurately stating the miles, not so much of a deal. But, it’s all there, and has a somewhat desirable and hard to source, Staintune.

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/d/medford-1991-bmw-k100rs/7463425277.html

B4059AE1-3CFB-41AF-B50D-66198CF3F2D1.jpeg

Miles wouldn’t scare me, those’ll go 200k easy. Looks nice but I’d be more interested in the 70’s Honda in front of it, they’re getting to be worth something.

roadscholar
18 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I saw that one this morning. C8500? I’m guessing They didn’t know what the old man was riding. :dontknow:

165, 000 miles, I guess he did some riding! :clap:

So much for judging a bike by it's tail light : )  Even so, somebody could likely get both for 1k and make out pretty good.

They might not have known how far he was riding either, pretty sure the Honda has a 5 digit odo, don't remember on the K. Probably assumed they'd rolled over. 

• Like 1

I did see that, figured it came loose and flew off. It doesn’t say anything about the title so maybe, it was crashed. :dontknow:

1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

She's a Jersey girl so, yeah...........

Heard that about them Jersey Girls. :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Heard that about them Jersey Girls. :classic_biggrin:

You read my book?!  Oh, wow, those were the (Navy) days.  🙃😁

From everything you can see in the pictures, if it was crashed, it's not like it took out the front end, or engine, or transmission.  If I were in the market (in that area), I'd definitely investigate further.

I kind of doubt that they'd pay for a major restoration, and leave the roundel off. 

• Like 1

I think it's a replacement fairing. Not saying the bike is shit, maybe it's been down or dropped. If so, that doesn't necessarily spoil a bike.

I'm more skeptical because it wasn't addressedb up front.

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 2

Some board members do like that color, or so I have heard.    :whistle:

Nice find, though.  At least the run-in service has been done.   

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

2000 R1100RT, 53K mi, $3300

I know that this one probably has sentimental value for Alan.  Sorta close to his 2004 R1150 RT-P.  😏

image.png.a6068de75d3da0e251782a9a3035dab2.png

I could sell him more sentimental-ness ;-)  For Half That Price. :cool:

14 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I could sell him more sentimental-ness ;-)  For Half That Price. :cool:

True.  However, he probably actually wants to RIDE the thing, not use it as a lawn ornament.  🙃😁   Somehow, that bike doesn't just scream "slow and over the hill", but "I'm old, temperamental, and I ain't gonna EVER start for you!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

It wouldn’t hurt so bad if you dropped it on a cone course. ;)

Hey, I took precautions.   My RT is pristine!  You'd never know that the village idiot dropped the thing.  The rear protective bars were cheap (as in, low $$$) anyhow, did their job, and I'll probably get 'em back into original shape.

As far as "hurt", that's an altogether different animal.  It's a very "mental" type of injury.   Mental, as in, sometimes I think I broke my ribs, and some times I know I just messed up the cartilage.  My prior right-side rib injuries were always lower, below the sternum.  This is all upper, up to and under the shoulder.  So, as I yelp, and moan, and yell with this pain or the other, I get lots of mental contemplative time.   It's really, mentally refreshing.   As in, "Man, I'm glad I didn't injure the other side too, or they'd have to put me in a straight jacket and hang me from the ceiling, 'cause that's the only way it wouldn't hurt like heck."  Or, "Just shoot me already!"  🤣🤣🤣🤣   Just don't cough.   Don't do it.  DO NOT cough, oh..oh.. here it comes, cough, cough, YELP, cough, cough, cough, OUCH!!, cough, cough, STOP IT, cough, OWIE! 🙃😁😨

I feel like such a lightweight, lol.  Normally, I'm pretty high pain-tolerant.  I had some dental work done, and of course, that meant laying back on the dentist chair, which hurt more than what she was doing with her drills and picks.   I was thinking "What if I just asked her to put the shot of Novocain directly into my right side ribs?"  Then, I said, "What the heck, just go whole hog and put it in my brain, and put me out of my misery."  I figured that she'd probably consider me a dangerous nut, and kick me out of the office, so I decided uncharacteristically, to just shut up.

Anyhow, the worst of this will probably be done in a week.   

• Like 1

I’ve cracked a few, it’s a nasty painful six weeks! When I did it, I had to stop watching Family Guy for a while. :eek: :grin: I didn’t realize you hurt yourself, take it easy and I hope you heal quickly! :thumbsup:

• Plus 1 1
On 4/8/2022 at 3:23 PM, wbw6cos said:

Some board members do like that color, or so I have heard.    :whistle:

Well... it is the fastest color(s)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

sentimental value

I love that color....... and have a soft spot for the 1100RT. If I didn't find my Camhead, this is what I'd have.

7 hours ago, Red said:

what sort of scam does this portend?

If you have time on your hands, send an email reply and see what "story" you get back about the bike. I'm guessing someone died and the "seller" can only sell it through some sort of escrow service to avoid the probate...... some scheme to get you to send money before the bike gets shipped to you.......

But there's no shipper, no bike, lotsa lies and time wasted (unless you take the bait and then it costs you to find out it is bullshit). YMMV:java:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

If you have time on your hands, send an email reply and see what "story" you get back about the bike. I'm guessing someone died and the "seller" can only sell it through some sort of escrow service to avoid the probate...... some scheme to get you to send money before the bike gets shipped to you.......

But there's no shipper, no bike, lotsa lies and time wasted (unless you take the bait and then it costs you to find out it is bullshit). YMMV:java:

And don't forget the ever popular "my sister is shipping out, I'm selling it for her, as part of her military service they crate it and ship it, just need the money and it will be shipped....."

Ask to come by and see it, no way it happens, always something to prevent it, but rest assured, when it shows up at your house and it's not everything you thought it would be, your money will be refunded, blah blah blah 

• Plus 1 1
John Ranalletta

Sweet.  Not on CL.  Wish I'd never sold my 2000.  It was perfect and some of the upgrades are no longer available.  Buyer still has it since 2005.

image.png.825ad5ef8a59f8df45bd8381f3b5facd.png

6 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Sweet.  Not on CL.  Wish I'd never sold my 2000.  It was perfect and some of the upgrades are no longer available.  Buyer still has it since 2005.

image.png.825ad5ef8a59f8df45bd8381f3b5facd.png

John, I’ve got a real nice one in my Craigslist inventory.  :classic_biggrin: