IGNORED

College Football 2010

beemerman2k

Looks like Nebraska couldn't catch a cold today.

Great punt return.

Oklahoma may be the winner out of Big 12.

Auburn.

Still my pick for the SEC.

What a shootout!

Record for points in nonOT.

Sorry about mICHIGAN, sNOWFLAKE.

;)

We won, that puts us to 6-1.

BC is down this year and our QB played awful, but, a win is a win is a win.

Go Noles!

Oh man, I've been missing some trash talk here!

Trash talking without a monetary bet ain't worth nothin! Oh well, NU lost but you still have money in your pocket!! :P

We won, that puts us to 6-1.

BC is down this year and our QB played awful, but, a win is a win is a win.

Go Noles!

I was shocked at the play of Florida States quarterback. That game should have been over at the half, instead the 'Noles did their best to make it a good, close game :confused:

Sorry about mICHIGAN, sNOWFLAKE.

;)

:cry:

Hey, I'll talk trash, but I know when to put my money on the table and when not to. This year, my money stays right in my wallet :Cool:

Major upsets today!

#1 Ohio State goes down

#5 Nebraska falls

#10 South Carolina falls 1 week after upsetting Alabama

#22 Florida falls...yet again

#57 Michigan lost in today's most surprising upset :smirk:

Amazing! If your team won today, consider yourself very lucky for having avoided "upset Saturday"!

I was only surprised by a couple of outcomes:

UK beating S.C. I saw the score at 14-0 and figured things were just gonna go as planned. Guess not.

I thought Arkansas was gonna pull that one off. Since neither defense decided to show up today, I really thought their offense would be the winning one.

I was also mildly surprised that SDSU won. For the most part, AFA has really looked good lately.

Sorry Buckeye fans, I really didn't think they'd win. I don't have anything against them, but they didn't look like a #1 IMHO.

I guess I was a little surprised at the Texas upset since it was in Lincoln, but it's very easy to underestimate a team with a record like Texas - even if it is Texas. But I just don't think anyone could have predicted the number of dropped catches (potential scoring catches no less) unless these guys went out and ate fried chicken with their gloves on prior to the game.

Florida was sliding anyway, so one more loss wasn't really a surprise to me.

And yeah, (closer to home) the TCU/Utah victories were kind of a given. Actually, I actually was surprised BYU defended as well as they did for the majority of the first half... then they remembered how this was supposed to turn out. :)

........I was also mildly surprised that SDSU won. For the most part, AFA has really looked good lately.

Uh, the game's still on and it's close so don't count your chickens until the eggs are hatched.

James,

He is hurt.

Tears in labrum and bursa sac.

Can't throw long.

Our backup was #1 hs QB a few years ago, 4-1 as a starter, MVP of Gator Bowl win and is sitting on bench.

:(

Ponder has been injured each of past 3 years.

They have played him even though he was limited in passing.

I don't agree with it, capable backup and give Ponder time to heal.

Last year he injured hsoulder tackling after an int. and was out for rest of the season.

Other teams know he can't throw long, so, they cheat on defense.

His normal zip is not there on out throws and IMO< he should be rested.

Otherwise, he doesn't get back to full strength.

We've don't play untilThurday night game at NC St.on the 28th so hopefully time will help.

Still thinking the National Championship will reside outside SEC this year, even though Auburn juggernaut continues to snowball.

oKAY .. here i am...

I had'ta sing all day yesterday. So - wha happen'd

Oh, les'see - it's right here in the sports page -

Oh, my gosh - OSU goes down to Wisc.!

Texas overtakes Huskers

oh oh oh and this one....Hawkeyes beat Meechigan yet again.!

(*no piling on.! da wolverines had a marv'y comeback in the 2nd half.*)

I didn't see but 2 minutes of the game.

But - for having such a down year offensively, The Wolverines piled up a TON of yards and scores on such a vaulted defense as the Hawks.

Perhaps, not having Norm Parker on the sidelines is started to show against the Hawk"D"

Nonetheless...it is a win and a big win. But we'd better strap it on another notch tighter 'cause we've got some BIG home games coming right up - Wisconsin..OhioState...etc

Go Hawks.!

Looks like Nebraska couldn't catch a cold today.

Great punt return.

Oklahoma may be the winner out of Big 12.

Let's not just give it to them just yet. They will be in Columbia MO next weekend that might be a tough game. I know that man for man on the field oklahoma will have the better athletes. (except for QB) But MIZZOU is playing pretty good as a team.

Go Noles! (I had to leave this, my wife and sister in law are both noles)

Always been a fan of Mizzou.

Sort of the little brother of the conference for decades with flashes once in a while.

But, IMO, Oklahoma is the real deal.

All aspects clicking, and their QB is very accurate.

Did I see 31 for 34 yesterday?

Someone will need to beat Ok., Auburn, Oregon, or one (or more) will play for the BCS.

If they all lose...

........I was also mildly surprised that SDSU won. For the most part, AFA has really looked good lately.

Uh, the game's still on and it's close so don't count your chickens until the eggs are hatched.

Oops. I just saw that score on my phone and thought it said "final." I got a little lucky saying they won, but it wasn't intentional. I just didn't read it well evidently.
And yeah, (closer to home) the TCU/Utah victories were kind of a given. Actually, I actually was surprised BYU defended as well as they did for the majority of the first half... then they remembered how this was supposed to turn out. smile

So that's what happened. I have to say I understand now why Bronco fired his Defensive Coordinator. Obviously, Bronco can coach defense better than he (the former DC) can. Now, curiously, they just need to find an offense.

So now a school that plays ONE top twenty team is ranked #1. Reminds me of when the AP gave the championship to SMWho.

Believe me, I post this not because Bama lost to SC, but because I can't stand the system. If a team goes undefeated for a few years, but they aren't in a major conference, the writers start to feel sorry for them, & move them to the top.

Not only could Boise St. not hang with the Big Ten, they wouldn't have a prayer against anyone in the SEC. Go ahead, send them to Tempe & see what happens.

Not only could Boise St. not hang with the Big Ten, they wouldn't have a prayer against anyone in the SEC. Go ahead, send them to Tempe & see what happens.
Although I don't agree with you (that's why they play the game(s)), the BCS does agree with you.

aND, for a salt in wound rubdown, that schmuck Chizek WAS (*note past tense*) the head coach of Iowa State for about 1.5 years...told everyone he was staying and rebuilding.

And what happened when he saw an opening...that little sawed off liar left state holding nothing but a smile and a patt on the rump.

He's the picture under the word "chump" in the dictionary.

Such a clown, and I'm not even a Cyclown lover...sheesh.

Boise State is 6-1 vs BCS teams the past 4 seasons.

Isn't Alabama 2-2 in BCS bowls?

Boise State is 2-0 in BCS bowls.

Without a doubt the SEC has the best record for BCS bowl games.

Since the creation of the BCS it has been the near the top of conferences for overall quality.

But, why should a school not in the SEC be penalized when they have done well in every chance they've had against the BCS schools?

So now a school that plays ONE top twenty team is ranked #1. Reminds me of when the AP gave the championship to SMWho.

Believe me, I post this not because Bama lost to SC, but because I can't stand the system. If a team goes undefeated for a few years, but they aren't in a major conference, the writers start to feel sorry for them, & move them to the top.

this may be the year it happens. might be good for the system to have it settled on the field.

maybe the BCS eligibility should be based on a buy in. few mil$ in the pot and any program is eligible. you're in looking for the bigger pay day???

It took a day, but I'm done crying in my beer. The day before the game I had written a post about how I was concerned about Texas coming up here and doing a number on us, but I didn't hit "submit" because I didn't want to jinx us. That didn't work. Now I'll have to get a new lucky shirt too.

On to the next game, which for us is at #17 6-0 Oklahoma St. The next week we host current #18 6-0 Missouri. Which brings me to the topic of Boise St, Utah, and TCU's strength of schedule. I can't dismiss them because of SOS, but I do discount them somewhat because of it. It's nearly impossible for college kids to stay focused each and every week playing serious competetition. Ask Ohio St, Alabama, South Carolina, Nebraska, and Florida. It's one thing to get up and ready to play the big game once, but follow it up week after week with solid competition and it's damn difficult to stay undefeated. The physical and mental fatigue catch up.

I want a playoff too, and I would really prefer a 16 team playoff. Any team that can win 4 games in a row against the top competition deserves to be national champs. Even an 8 team playoff would be a huge improvement over where we are now.

No one is stopping Alabama from asking Mountain West if they can join.

Just saying...

:P

Conference realignment like the rumors at the start of the year would've helped.

Big 16 team alignments with guaranteed playoff spots.

The new Big 12 w/out a championship game, and all teams playing one another every year may be a new model but the $$ from the conference championship game will be hard to give up.

It is hard to be "up" each week.

Look at 'Bama last year.

Ohio State many years.

But, that isn't what they ask when the W/L are looked at.

Close isn't enough, and tough schedule is just that.

Computer takes that into account and will change the BCS ratings over the next 3 weeks.

No one is stopping Alabama from asking Mountain West if they can join.

Just saying...

Hahaha! Very funny Tim! The Mtn West could use a few teams that aren't afraid to play Boise State. They join the conference and Utah bails to the Pac 10 and BYU goes independent. I'm "sure" they only bailed because they didn't want to have to play Boise State every year. :/

I don't care about tatt's, but I would like to know more about this.

I saw it on ESPN this evening, & it wreaks of another Mike Leach incident. If a coach puts a win over a players health, he should not only be fired, but blackballed as well.

I am looking forward to this weekend's big wars:

LSU @ Auburn

Wisconsin @ Iowa

Nebraska @ Oklahoma State

Oklahoma @ Missouri

You know there will be plenty of upsets this weekend, too!

Mercifully, U of Michigan has a bye week :smirk: So I'm safe for now.

I guess you and I see the Wisconsin @ Iowa game differently.

I won't be surprised if Iowa wins, but I think Wisconsin is the stronger team. On the other hand, Wisconsin's big win over Ohio State was at home, they weren't so strong on the road against Michigan State.

I guess I just can't get past Iowa's losing to Arizona. Maybe I don't hold the average PAC 10 team as being that good, but I wouldn't think Arizona would be a problem for a strong Big 10 team like Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, or even Ohio State.

Truth be told, it's totally up for grabs for all of these teams in these 4 games. Who ever shows up the hungriest and wants it the most will win.

I'll wager you a free tire refill that 2 home teams win and 2 lose.

Isn't Oregon playing with their backup QB?

A lot of swings in emotion and performance in college, should be a great weekend.

Let's make it even more simple than that, I'll bet on Wisconsin and you take Iowa. The winner gets bragging rights til next Saturday :Cool:

Let's make it even more simple than that, I'll bet on Wisconsin and you take Iowa. The winner gets bragging rights til next Saturday :Cool:

No way. How about the loser donates $5 to this web site.

I don't care about tatt's, but I would like to know more about this.

I saw it on ESPN this evening, & it wreaks of another Mike Leach incident. If a coach puts a win over a players health, he should not only be fired, but blackballed as well.

I watched the game, but didn't see the incident with the team doctor. The Doc and the Coach say they have smoothed things over. Apparently, Wesley was conscious when the coach came on the field and told coach he was OK. It sounds like Patterson didn't understand that Wesley had been knocked out when the doctor told him he wasn't going to let him play.

Not much detail about what happened in the reports. Although it was reportedly a "miscommunication." Coach was set straight, and the player sat on the bench. I don't think this qualifies as a coach putting a win over a player's health, and I don't think Patterson has a history of such behavior. He certainly does appear to be excitable on occasion.

Wesley reportedly sustained a mild concussion and sat out the remainder of the game. He was allowed to play the next week.

You're on, beemerboy. I got Wisconsin, you take Iowa I presume?

Oy! I'm seeing this for the first time today and now that I know the game score I'll be sending a five spot to the forum.

Hey, ya'll be nice to 'bone this week, mkay? I'm thinking he's doing some crying in his beer. Me? I'm watching Air Force take it in the slats courtesy of TCU. :mad:

2 home wins and 2 visitor wins in that quartet.

3 for 3 so far...

Did you take Wisconsin? OK, good for you.

What about Mizzou over Oklahoma, did you see that upset coming? I should have. Oklahoma has been looking for someone to beat them all fall. They finally found that team at Columbia today.

Oklahoma has been looking for someone to beat them all fall. They finally found that team at Columbia today.
I didn't chime in (or really have time to) prior to today, but I agree with that statement 100%.

Oh, and as a side note: Who's number 1 now? Oregon? Auburn? BSU? Missouri? Does BSU get leap-frogged again for the #2 spot?

Auburn certainly made a pretty good case to be #1 or #2. (As did Missouri, but we all know that can't/won't realistically happen with the way the system is. But being undefeated and beating the #1 team is really all you can ask of a team - right?)

I foresee another year of wanting a playoff.

Lets_Play_Two
Oh, and as a side note: Who's number 1 now? Oregon? Auburn? BSU? Missouri? Does BSU get leap-frogged again for the #2 spot?

Auburn certainly made a pretty good case to be #1 or #2. (As did Missouri, but we all know that can't/won't realistically happen with the way the system is. But being undefeated and beating the #1 team is really all you can ask of a team - right?)

I foresee another year of wanting a playoff.

Probably Oregon. Missouri won't jump from 11 to 1. Auburn will probably jump Boise to 2.

Wisconsin, yes, Mizzou, no.

Should have, I rooted for them against the big boys for years.

Maybe this is their time.

Next game should tell the tale.

Even if they win out, the Big 12 Championship game will be hard to win. The Mizzou D was very good.

If this continues, Auburn controls their road and so does Oregon.

Mizzou too.

If two of them fall Boise is IN.

It's not very often I just flat out admit that another team is better than my Tigers, but I will today. Cam Newton is amazing. Runs like Vick, power like Tebow, passes like Mallet. We had no answers for him. Thus in the second half when our O could not generate offense, and thus keep the ball away from him, writing was on the wall. We were fortunate to be tied at 17 with 5:00 minutes to go in the game. It's funny although I'm dissappointed I don't feel bad. It's almost as though they had an unfair advantage. Newton is that good!

After his problem at UF he fell off the screen for some.

A National JUCO title and the right coach results in?

He was touted as a bigger/better Tebow at UF.

They were/are my pick to win the SEC from the get go.

Archived