IGNORED

College Football 2010

beemerman2k

So why the major meltdowns this fall?

I'm referring to Texas, which is my primary example, but also Florida and Utah. Virginia Tech appeared to be on this track, but they managed to turn things around in a huge way going undefeated since dropping their first 2 games.

Matt suggests Florida's problem is one of having both a healthy and good quarterback. OK, that's an understandable yet unfortunate turn of events. So what's Texas and Utah's story?

Lets_Play_Two
Go Noles!

After losing last week missing a 40 yarder Dustin Hopkins makes a 55 yard fiel goal as time expires.

:clap:

First time in 27 years they win on last play of the game.

Slight redemption personally for Dustin who handled last week's miss with class and all the years where our kickers missed potential game winners.

Third longest in school history and we've had some good kickers including;

Derek Schmidt (who retiered as all time leading scorere in NCAA), Capece (played in NFL) Janikowski (Groza Award and still in NFL) and Gano (Groza Award/Bowl MVP and playing in NFL).

EJ has 281 yards offense starting first game this year (for injured Ponder) takes over w/53 seconds left and leads us into chance to win.

Very good effort from him.

Still need help to win division but this win after 2 last play losses felt relly good.

Go Noles!

Very exciting finish to what I would call a very poorly played game by both sides. FSU had 4 yards rushing until 4th quarter and Clemson couldn't put ball into end zone.

And, it was COLD!!!!

Matt suggests Florida's problem is one of having both a healthy and good quarterback.

I think Florida is still running an offence designed for Tebow and they forgot Tebow isn't there...Florida is known for using 2 QBs but 3 is toooo much. The defence is good at interceptions but can't stop the run very well.

If they can settle on a QB and sure up the defence's front line next year they will be ok again.

Matt suggests Florida's problem is one of having both a healthy and good quarterback.

I think Florida is still running an offence designed for Tebow and they forgot Tebow isn't there...Florida is known for using 2 QBs but 3 is toooo much. The defence is good at interceptions but can't stop the run very well.

If they can settle on a QB and sure up the defence's front line next year they will be ok again.

+1

when do we get our own ESPN show?

Well, Florida has until this coming Saturday to figure things out, because here comes Applachian State, baby :Cool:

Ahhh, Michigan will finally be able to put this monkey on someone else's back :clap:

Let's see those EPSN highlight reels Saturday night :grin:

Of course, Michigan faces Wisconsin on Saturday, and that's gonna be painful to say the least.

So why the major meltdowns this fall?

I'm referring to Texas, which is my primary example, but also Florida and Utah. Virginia Tech appeared to be on this track, but they managed to turn things around in a huge way going undefeated since dropping their first 2 games.

Matt suggests Florida's problem is one of having both a healthy and good quarterback. OK, that's an understandable yet unfortunate turn of events. So what's Texas and Utah's story?

hELL...mELTDOWN - throw Iowa Hackeyes in there.

They need to get a friggin' conditioning coach that can get these boys in shape -

They were like runnin' in mud on Saturday.

Sad , sad deal...

Preseason Nat'l Champ...sh!t..!

They'll be playin' a bowl game in Boise...stinkers.!

You guys are so entertaining with your talk of melt downs, try living in a state where college football has not been seen for many years. Not only that the hated team from down south, The University of Phil Knight, is setting course towards the national championship. It would be nice to have either UW or WSU to have a winning record but I don't see it happening soon :P

Wade, I remember those colossal days of Coach Don James at the University of Washington. I remember those great Rose Bowl games when Michigan would square off against the Huskies. I remember Napoleon Kaufman mocking Desmond Howard's Heisman trophy stance in the end zone after scoring a touchdown against Michigan in the Rose Bowl. I remember those days.

Then the University sent Coach Don James packing for some reason :confused:

Unreal.

Actually it was the Pac 10 that drove The Dogfather away with over the top sanctions for one players actions.

Then Alabama came calling for WSU's coach Price, we know what happened there.

I remember a WSU team that pushed Michigan to the limits in the Rose Bowl, I still think they had that one last play coming to them; it would have been fun to see. Not too long ago WSU kicked Texas and Mr. Young around pretty well also. Alas this years Apple Cup teams will likely have only 4 wins between them; it has become the annual Toilet Bowl.

Michigan faced Washington State in the Rose Bowl back in '97, the last time Michigan went undefeated for the entire season. Who was Washington State's QB, then? Ryan Leaf? Ended up playing for the Chargers and then getting into some trouble there. I heard he was a real head case, but I don't know.

The "Dogfather", eh? I like it! I hadn't heard that phrase before.

Leaf was a head case. Most WSU alum have divorced his name from their vocabulary; Mark Rypien or Drew Bledsoe on the other hand will always be favorite sons.

If your from Seattle everyone knows the Dogfather. He draws quite a crowd even to this day at local booster events, a class dude.

Ahhh, Michigan will finally be able to put this monkey on someone else's back

Better this monkey than the one Ohio state seems to have every year....

Right on, Whip. Texas A&M has really looked good the last month. I'm pretty exicted for this game. Vegas line is Huskers by 3 right now. Husker offense has sputtered the last two weeks, and the team hasn't play with any fire.

Of course, I'll still pick my Huskers to win. We play better on the road, our QB Martinez should be closer to 100%, and our defensive secondary will make it very very hard for A&M's QB to find open receivers. Hopefully with our #1 QB back we can open up the playbook more. We've played so conservatively on offense that it's been boring to watch.

I read a quote last week: "Water covers 75% of the earth. The Huskers secondary covers the rest."

:)

Michigan faces Wisconsin on Saturday, and that's gonna be painful to say the least.

Not if we can beg, borrow, steal, kidnap, build a defense. Well, that is probably Rich's off-season project. I just hope he can get someone who can kick a ball straight more than 20 feet before the season is over. Jeez!

Realistically, yeah, its gonna hurt. I hope it stays close. Not boring close like 17-14, good close like 51-48. Maybe quadruple OT this time! :thumbsup:

I'm going for Wisconsin vs. Boise State for the national championship. Long shot, but.....

I watched Tennehill play for Big Spring in HS. He's a very good leader, I don't know why they haven't been playing him at quarterback before now.

Aggies....4 in a row.

Amazing how changing your QB can change the entire team.

Bama ekes by Ga. St. 63-7.

How come I never heard of Ga. St? Cuz this is their first year of football. And even with this loss, they have a winning season. Good for them.

Oh, did you know their head coach is former Bama coach Bill Curry? I didn't...till tonight.

Call me a sap, but I'm a Ga. St. fan.

Game of the week (and I'm kicking myself for not buying a ticket):

Not very well planned out. Not enough room at one end of the field, so they will run the offense in only one direction.

uMMM...well you know....

The Suckeyes can-friggin-not-close-a-game-to-save-their-collective-a$$e$

It so hurts me to see them blow themselves up weekly.

Sorry bONE I listened to the entire game. It really sucks, they couldn't get just a little break at the end to pull out the V.

On the other hand, how bout those Aggies.

I didn't think they had it in em.

Gig em

L

Sorry bONE I listened to the entire game. It really sucks, they couldn't get just a little break at the end to pull out the V.

Gig em

L

And now for a moment of silence for the corn belt boys. :P Yea, sure, blame it on the officiating.:rofl:

Gig em

L

And now for a moment of silence for the corn belt boys. :P Yea, sure, blame it on the officiating.:rofl:

Well, I for one would like to have see what happened after the officials called interference on OSU for the blatant early contact on Iowa's last possession.

The 10 yards, first down might have led to...

Meanwhile we had a defensive TD on an int. called back for an illegal hit where the 5'8" db led with his forearm and shoulder hitting the taller reciever, who still had the ball in his outstretched hand, and knocking him flat.

WTF?

I know all about concussions but a smaller guy hit a receiver who was in the act of catching and didn't use his helmet.

Later, we had a receiver in the air and he gets hit by a db who leads with his helmet.

Zebras, they suxish.

Fifth nail biter in a row.

Came down to Merriland pass on 4th down at our goal line.

Int. returned 96 yards!

:clap:

8 wins didn't used to be big deal around here, but it is.

We may not win the division but can't do worse than co-champs.

Go Noles!

I think I'm even looking forward to an SEC crew working the game with the Gators.

:dopeslap:

Well, I for one would like to have see what happened after the officials called interference on OSU for the blatant early contact on Iowa's last possession.

The 10 yards, first down might have led to...

Uuummm, I was talking about the NU-A&M game. Bo Pellini wasn't happy with the officiating and his post game comments suggested the Big 12 was out to "get" NU because they're leaving the conference. Anyway, I'm sure he'll get his teamed focused so that can put 50 or 60 on CU next week.

High noon on ABC, 11/27/10.

UM @ OSU

A pack of vicious animals goes up against a bunch of tree droppings.

Assuming the boys in blue can keep the offense running (better than the first half last week, at least) and the D plays as well as last weekend, the first victory against the nuts in Columbus in 6 years should be ours.

Fingers/toes/eyes crossed. :thumbsup:

UM @ OSU

Assuming the boys in blue can keep the offense running (better than the first half last week, at least) and the D plays as well as last weekend, the first victory against the nuts in Columbus in 6 years should be ours.

You got to be kidding, right????

Next week's Auburn @ Alabama game is going to be THE game of this fall College Football season. Wow! I love this game :thumbsup:

this is going to be a great college football loooooong weekend period. looking forward to a few games.

UM @ OSU

Oh, I love confidence! The more confident you are the more painful the upset.

C'mon Buckeyes, start partying before kickoff even happens. That can only serve to motivate and focus Michigan's efforts and make them determined to win. Remind the world of that old saying, "that's why they play the game", and "it ain't over til its over", and "on any Saturday" and "don't count your chickens until they're hatched" and... :grin:

UM @ OSU

Oh, I love confidence! The more confident you are the more painful the upset.

C'mon Buckeyes, start partying before kickoff even happens. That can only serve to motivate and focus Michigan's efforts and make them determined to win. Remind the world of that old saying, "that's why they play the game", and "it ain't over til its over", and "on any Saturday" and "don't count your chickens until they're hatched" and... :grin:

And,,, Damn those buckeyes are a good football team :)

And,,, Damn those buckeyes are a good football team :)

Well yes, we do need to consider that quote, too :Cool:

What ever the outcome is, it will be a good fun game to watch. Going to have a Great Lakes Christmas Ale or two, well maybe three for the game.

Cheers!!!

UM @ OSU

Didst thou not see the qualifying and comparative terminology and phraseology used, squire? Important words like , assuming, better than, should be. And please, sire, do not missed the oh-so-sarcastic yet hopeful crossing of all that can be crossed.

Then there's the FSU vs. UF game......... Go Noles!

Ahem...

There is only ONE game of any count this weekend, & it happens in Tuscaloosa Friday afternoon.

Anything after that is just fodder for the pundits.

:lurk:

Ahem...

There is only ONE game of any count this weekend, & it happens in Tuscaloosa Friday afternoon.

If your game was any good it'd be on Saturday...

Wanna go to a party with me Saturday and watch the implant sisters? There'll be so much silicone there I may begin to fear global warming!

Ahem...

This fall, I actually agree with you, Danny. This is the game of the weekend, if not the entire season :thumbsup:

Now, if Michigan pulls the upset, then that will be the new "game of the season" :grin:

Ahem...

Tuscawhere? And Friday is for high school games, this thread is about college football. :grin:

Ahem...

Tuscawhere? And Friday is for high school games, this thread is about college football. :grin:

He's talking about the Iron Bowl. My company has a subsidiary in Birmingham and I know lots of folks down there. Trust me, you're either a Tide fan or a Tigers fan and that pretty much defines your friends and future in that state. Oh, and both teams' fans HATE anything LSU, Gator, or Seminole.

Ahem...

He's talking about the Iron Bowl. My company has a subsidiary in Birmingham and I know lots of folks down there. Trust me, you're either a Tide fan or a Tigers fan and that pretty much defines your friends and future in that state.

Birmingham, MI? Lots of Tigers fans there. Probably quite a few who use Tide, too. :grin: (This grin is of the shite-eating variety.)

Fubar's obit: "He just kept poking the Bear with a short stick and giggling."

24-7 Bama at the half. WOO-HOO!!!

Sack the Cam. Three times in the first half. :clap: And 385 passing yards in the first half for Greg MacElroy. That's better than Micheal Vick against the Redskins two weeks ago. :grin:

I know all too well it ain't over yet, but this is the first time this season I've seen Bama play like defending champions. I just hope they can keep up with Auburns' second half adjustments.

I'm confident.

Archived