IGNORED

College Football 2010

beemerman2k

I just bought tickets to the Air Force-Navy game to be played at Falcon Stadium. I can't wait.

Gooooo Navy~

You just made my list, buddy. :mad:

beemerboy: there's something far worse and far more painful than being on any list. And that is being in the sole possession of trash talkin' rights. If Air Force wins that game, you can come back here and rub it in all the Navy fans faces. If they lose, however, that might be a good time to stay off the 'net for a while and get some riding in :smirk:

I just bought tickets to the Air Force-Navy game to be played at Falcon Stadium. I can't wait.

Gooooo Navy~

beemerboy: there's something far worse and far more painful than being on any list. And that is being in the sole possession of trash talkin' rights. If Air Force wins that game, you can come back here and rub it in all the Navy fans faces. If they lose, however, that might be a good time to stay off the 'net for a while and get some riding in :smirk:

I'd love to see the AFA Navy game. Watching the service academies play football brings you back to reality that hey this is sports. Good clean fun and fellowship. Not life and death. And not war. These kids are true student athletes and are a real inspiration to watch. They battle and leave everything on the field. Play both schools songs after the game and walk out hand in hand in a show of unity. Because three years from now they will be part of the joint team. Total Force. It will be life and death. And it will be war. And they will be one team. And btw... GO FALCONS!

Gooooo Navy~

I"m not into rubbing anything into anyone's face. For many, many years the AFA owned both Navy and Army and never rubbed it in their faces. About seven years ago Navy got a new coaching staff and things changed, they also showed a lack of sportsmanship in the way they handled their sudden success.

For the record I root for Army and Navy whenever they're playing other teams.

lET'S aLL sit back and watch Mr Adrian Clayborn do his thang against the KnitLions this weekend.

We've owned them for years - we'll do it again.!

Go Hawks.!

Gooooo Navy~

Twas closer than I thought it would be. On the other hand AF allowed no TD's.

This matter of winning or losing aside, it's an honor to attend the game where, regardless of who you're rooting for, you respect the hell out of the school, it's tradition, students, and fans.

Now I can go back to rooting for Navy!

This Florida @ Alabama game is shaping up to be a doozie! Florida goes for it on 4th and 1 and tosses a pick! I love this game. Go Alabama!

This Florida @ Alabama game is shaping up to be a doozie! Florida goes for it on 4th and 1 and tosses a pick! I love this game. Go Alabama!

meh, it's 'bama's year... Enjoy it Danny

meh, it's 'bama's year... Enjoy it Danny

I already know next year will be much different. I don't own a horse, much less a high one. I'm just proud to see my Crimson Tide back to where I grew up with, that's all.

DavidEBSmith
My Nittany Lions (alum) always have trouble with Iowa :(

They should have learned the secret from my Northwestern Wildcats last year: tear Ricky Stanzi's foot off.

They should have learned the secret from my Northwestern Wildcats last year: tear Ricky Stanzi's foot off.

Won't help for long. We're sending our local boy to keep hANNABONE cheering for Iowa quarterbacks for a few more years. Add 20 lbs of muscle to this kid and he might just do purty well. Their games been on ESPN twice this year already (and last year, and the year before...)

iT iS funny, no?? that N'western has the Hawks number, and the Hawks have the Lions number. Crazzzzzzeeee..!!

Iowa has a bye week and then MeechhEEgan @ Big House. So in a coupla weeks "Snow-Flake" & I will be trading some paint.

*actually this couldn't be a better time for the Hawks to have a bye -

everyone knows that the defensive genius @ Iowa has a little time now to figure out how to completely contain that jewel of a QB for Mich.

Maybe I should let them know in IaCity what EB stated - tear his friggin' foot off.!

=B^)

One Word : hAWKEYES

Oy, this is going to be a very long season if we have to keep reading this admonishment. I bow to the great Hawkeyes for having vanquished PSU again but will you puhleeeeeeze come up with something else??!! :/

The Air Force Academy has cracked the AP Top 25. Oh, and the Broncos beat the Titans. Life is good!

The Air Force Academy has cracked the AP Top 25. Oh, and the Broncos beat the Titans. Life is good!

I can't believe we lost that game. :S

I can't believe we lost that game. :S

Me too. To tell the truth I kinda figured the Broncos would lose so I left at the half and took the K up Ute Pass for a quick fix of twisties. No sense in wasting a beautiful fall day, right?

So, there I am assailing said twisties when I decide to tune the XM radio to ESPN and what do I hear?? Denver's ahead by three and the Titans just fumbled. You know the rest of the story.

What I can't figure out is how they shut down Chris Johnson. :S

I'm very excited about the Huskers vs Kansas State tonight. This is the first game of our Big 12 farewell tour, and fans are feeling a little nostalgic about the end of this 99 year series. Lots of excitement for the ESPN Thursday night game. Both teams are coming in 4-0 and Coach Bill Snyder and his Wildcats want this one badly. He's got a great running back this year, and so far Nebraska's defense has been a little weak against the run. However, Coach Pelini's teams have played well on the road - focused and angry. I like it.

Word is that Coach Snyder banned the color red from the practice facilities the last couple weeks and students have followed suit all around campus. He's come up with some great game plans over the years to challenge the Huskers and you just can't outwork the guy. He'll be prepared. I've always thought Coach Synder is an evil genius and Husker fans are nervous when we play his teams. On paper the Huskers are bigger, faster and deeper but I bet this will be a pretty good game.

Well, tonight we'll see if our redshirt freshman QB can throw the ball. He's been great on his feet but his arm hasn't impressed anyone. If he can become two dimensional I think we have a good chance of winning the Big 12, but otherwise teams will stack the box and it could be a long frustrating season.

Tim, how about Florida State at Miami Saturday night? Should I pick them as my upset game?

Beemerman, what do you think of Michigan? Michigan St. is surging but can they do it at the big house? Is Robinson durable enough to survive the Big 10?

Nebraska will win, no problem. I think Florida State stands a very good chance of winning, too. In fact, write me down as formally taking the 'Noles for the purposes of any trash talk stakes in this thread.

Michigan. If they had any other teams defense, any other teams defense :smirk:, I'd be quite confident they'd beat Michigan State. My loyalties won't let me take the Spartans, but were I not a Michigan fan, that's the way I would bet. The Spartans are in the Big House every 2 years, so I don't see the location as much of a factor. As it is, though, I stand and fall with my boys. So I stand behind my Wolverines, but I don't do so with blinders on.

I am just glad to finally find out just how good (or not) they really are. If they win, they're gonna roll through the Big 10, at least until Wisconsin and Ohio State (Michgan's last 2 regular season games). If they lose, then every weekend from here on out will be a street fight for survival.

FSU vs Miami isn't what it once was, the winner playing for National Title over a dozen times, but, they are #1 & #2 (we're #1) in sacks, a big improvement for us as we have as many as last year already.

Last game 6 different players got one.

We beat them in a nail biter 2 years ago and last year a pass that was catchable was dropped in end zone on last play to let them escape.

Hopefully the game will be worth viewing for those not affiliated and we can prevail.

If so, we are on the way to a great year.

If not, still can be a good one.

Go Noles!

Watching Nebraska at Kansas State. 31-3 so far in the 3rd quarter. Wow, and I thought Michigan had no defense, KState takes the cake.

Well, no one is going to call the Michigan State win an upset over Michigan. That game went about as I expected, except Michigan's defense did better than I thought they would do, and the offense did worse as Robinson threw 3 interceptions and had numerous passes dropped.

Well, that's my statement on the day...Huzband? You wanna address the crowd? :Cool:

35-21

and that is why 2 years into the Bobby and Jeff fiasco years ago I was ready to offer the FSU job to the ole ball coach.

He can take his'n and beat your'n and your'n and beat his'n.

Great effort by the Gamecocks.

Congratulations Andy.

Tim, we'll be expecting your press conference later tonight. Hopefully you'll have a smile on your face when hosting it. I pick Florida State even though the game is at Miami.

I remember when hardly anyone won at Miami. The Big House used to have that same honor. My how times have changed.

Well, I watched Bama v. Gamecocks this afternoon and thought it was a very entertaining game. I felt like the tide could turn at any moment (no pun intended).

Edit: Sorry Danny.

Tim, I'm holding you responsible for Michigan State's win over Michigan today. If it weren't for you, I might have been able to get the NCAA and the AD at Michigan State to force Mark Dantonio to retire because of his heart condition. But noooooo, Tim has to go and save his job.

Now look at what happened :cry:

:grin:

Tim, I'm holding you responsible for Michigan State's win over Michigan today. If it weren't for you, I might have been able to get the NCAA and the AD at Michigan State to force Mark Dantonio to retire because of his heart condition. But noooooo, Tim has to go and save his job.

Now look at what happened :cry:

:grin:

Hahahahahaha! Dude, you are a funny man. :grin:

SEC has some wild games! This LSU at Florida game is incredible.

MattsVStrom isn't going to be happy. Welcome to the club, Matt :grin:

James,

Auburn, Stanford, LSU win at the end, we beat UM (OK U of M :P ) by the biggest margin in years.

We have some running backs who can make the big play this year.

Freshman Chris Thompson goes about 60 yards and it is called back so on the next play he goes 90 yards for a TD.

Whew.

Happy Birthday Jimbo.

I still stand by my preseason prediction that the National Champ will not be from the SEC this year (unless Auburn is the Cinderella story, I picked them for the SEC before the season too).

Coaching from the pressbox may catch on if he keeps winning.

;)

Realistically we are doing as well as could have been imagined.

5-1 with a chance to win our division is a great place to be compared to the past few seasons.

Go Noles!

Hutch is happy. Maybe ESPN will get off our back now. But then again, maybe not. It was a great game. Actually one of the best days of football I remember in a while. Some really good and entertaining games.

SEC has some wild games!

SEC = Football parity = best Football in the country =

How can any other conference in the country win a national championship with pride unless they play the SEC for it !!!

The Southern boys (Alabama/Florida) will take a licken this weekend in the polls but there will be 2 more there to pick up the slack.

just sayin....

Fortunately I couchnapped through the whole 4th quarter.

Beer=stress preventer some times!

Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini (who is famous for being short tempered with the media) responsed to questions about why we weren't throwing the ball more...

husker%20gladiator.JPG

tHAT - is really really funny.@!! Husker....especially with the blowup mascot behind him. Riotous funny.

Oh James.....SnowFlake.....what's gonna happen tomorrow in the Iowa/v/Mich game.?

I don't think it will be as ugly for Michigan as the Michigan State game turned out to be, but Michigan is not a strong team and more of that truth will come out tomorrow. Decent offense that relies too much on a rushing quarterback, therefore, as Michigan State showed the world, you shut down Robinson and you've shut down that offense. Michigan has no defensive secondary to worry about either.

In short: Iowa will run amok all over the Big House tomorrow.

All this pizazz about Denard Robinson has hidden the fact that this is not a good football team. It's a lack luster team that has a super star quarterback. That works fine when you're playing the Bowling Greens and the UMass's of the world, and even then just barely! (UMass scored 20 4th quarter points to almost upset at the Big House!), but not so much when you play the Michigan State's, the Iowa's, the Wisconsin's or the Ohio State's of the world. Michigan needs to face the fact that this coaching thing with Rodriguez hasn't been working out, so the sooner the fans raise enough noise to get him out of Ann Arbor, the better.

Now the bad news. *IF* I'm wrong and Michigan puts up a good enough fight to make it a close game, or even to win God forbid, then I'm afraid that Iowa is just as over-rated a team as Michigan is. Given that a weak/lucky U of Arizona rose to the #9 position in the AP Poll for 1 week, and then lost to unranked Oregon State, I see reason to believe that Iowa hasn't really shown itself to be the traditional powerhouse they usually are (never mind the blowout of Penn State, we now know that they were way overrated to begin with).

Iowa had better blow out Michigan. Any other outcome and its a net Hawkeye loss as far as I'm concerned. The pollers won't be impressed :Cool:

Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini (who is famous for being short tempered with the media) responsed to questions about why we weren't throwing the ball more...

husker%20gladiator.JPG

I'm gonna really enjoy watching the 'Huskers run roughshod all over Texas tomorrow. This should be good :lurk:

Wait a second, Randy. Are you coming out and formally taking Texas over Nebraska? If so, then you're saying something and I would think Husker Red might just take you up on it.

For instance, no more objective analysis, I'm callin' John Hannabone out right here and now. I think Iowa IS overrated! They romped Penn State and thought they were headed to the BCS games, but then little ole Arizona spoon fed them some reality. Now, the Hawkeyes are comin' to Michigan thinking they're gonna pick up where Michigan State left off. Well, I'll tell you what Hannabone, so confident am I that Michigan is going to serve Iowa their next "reality check" that I'm willing to make a proposal:

If Iowa wins, then you can call me "snow flake" for at least the next year when these two teams meet again to restore my honor. BUT, if Michigan wins, then you have to post on this thread a message that simply says, "One word: Michigan" Not "Meechigan", not "Meatagain", you must spell the name correctly.

OK Hannabone, you in or what? Scared? Figures. :/

I believe the gtyg-splash.jpg has been thrown.

Leaving to go see the 'Noles continue improving and beat BC.http://www.abbyshot.com/showphoto.php?src=products/photos/new/gtyg-splash.jpg

Go 'Noles!

I will come out and formally take Texas over Nebraska. Texas has not been playing well as a team but they still have athletes. Very good big and fast athletes. Huskers may win but it will be tougher than most think...

Wait a second, Randy. Are you coming out and formally taking Texas over Nebraska? If so, then you're saying something and I would think Husker Red might just take you up on it.

For instance, no more objective analysis, I'm callin' John Hannabone out right here and now. I think Iowa IS overrated! They romped Penn State and thought they were headed to the BCS games, but then little ole Arizona spoon fed them some reality. Now, the Hawkeyes are comin' to Michigan thinking they're gonna pick up where Michigan State left off. Well, I'll tell you what Hannabone, so confident am I that Michigan is going to serve Iowa their next "reality check" that I'm willing to make a proposal:

If Iowa wins, then you can call me "snow flake" for at least the next year when these two teams meet again to restore my honor. BUT, if Michigan wins, then you have to post on this thread a message that simply says, "One word: Michigan" Not "Meechigan", not "Meatagain", you must spell the name correctly.

OK Hannabone, you in or what? Scared? Figures. :/

No, not necessarily. I'm just saying that CO is rife with fans of both teams plus, with this being Big 12 country, we see them on TV more than the rest of the U.S. Over the years I've found that Texas or NU may get a butt whipping from time to time but they rarely let it happen more than once in a given season.

As for Husker Red, well, all I can say is that ALL NU fans view their team through rose colored glasses, knowwhatImean??? :/

Oh man, I've been missing some trash talk here! It's halftime of the Husker game now and I'm none too happy. However, Randy's right. I was worried that Texas is way better than their record would indicate. They have some serious athletes and coaching and they don't like to lose.

However, this game is in Lincoln and I think the Huskers will come out stonger in the second half. We need to play with more fire! Go Big Red!

So far, the only team getting a taste of reality is Michigan. I think my boys would agree with me that this pretty QB scrambling offense stuff is a bit more difficult to pull off against the top teams in the Big 10 than it was against the little league schools.

OK Rodriguez, any more tricks? No? Didn't think so :cry:

Texas has fallen pretty far pretty fast. They figure, and rightfully so, that one way to quickly get back into the game is to beat Nebraska at Lincoln. I didn't think they'd be able to pull it off, but so far...

Way to go Longhorns!

My Frogs handled BYwho pretty handily despite having a "not as good as I expected" day on offense. I think they better bring it all next week for Air Force. :grin:

Archived