IGNORED

College Football 2010

beemerman2k

great first half for bama.

may want to check the spelling of your QB's last name! :wave:

wonder where saban will be coaching next year?

oops, auburn didn't waste much time starting off the 2nd half.

Auburn ain't #2 for nuthin'. This game is living up to the billing. Strange how strongly the momentum runs for the side that has it.

I suspected as much. Bama wouldn't have beaten Texas had Colt McCoy not gotten hurt.

And Auburn would not have beat Bama if McElroy had not been hurt.

But he was, & they did. So now I'm a Gamecocks fan for next week.

The ugly truth is, if Bama had beaten Auburn, it would have helped LSU in the BCS. From a personal perspective, I don't know which might have been worse.

Yes I do. & it is. :P

60 minute game.

I think if Mc wasn't on the sideline Auburn throws instead of runs on third and long.

Who knows.

Still picking them to win the SEC but with all the rumours...

Go Noles!

With all the Miami games we've lost on missed fg attempts I can sympathize with them.

Hoping our game today doesn't come down to that but it surely could.

Go Noles! :wave:

Sorry fellas, but I was never a BSU believer. No way does an untested team belong that highly in the polls, and definitely not in the BCS standings. Fortunately, Nevada of all teams proved the point. If they made it to the national title game, it would have been a laughing stock.

Let's hear it for reality :clap:

Is it too late to start talking about next year???

Texas A&M

..just sayin.

:clap:

Yeah, I think the Aggies are heading for a big season next year. The only question is who among that team is returning and who is moving on?

Unreal, can you imagine what BSU's record would have been if they had been in the SEC conference?! No one would even be talking about them outside the State of Idaho.

Sorry fellas, but I was never a BSU believer. No way does an untested team belong that highly in the polls, and definitely not in the BCS standings. Fortunately, Nevada of all teams proved the point. If they made it to the national title game, it would have been a laughing stock.

Maybe the most expensive missed kick in football history. Make the kick and you go at least to the Rose for a $13 million payday. Now they are looking at the Fight The Hunger Bowl- for $750K. BTW ,it will cost them that to go. But if they had played in the Big10/12/SEC/Pac10 etc we would not have even had this conversation.

Is it too late to start talking about next year???

Texas A&M

..just sayin.

:clap:

Yeah, I think the Aggies are heading for a big season next year. The only question is who among that team is returning and who is moving on?

Only 5 seniors start.

O-Line has two Frosh.

Boise is 1-0 and Utah (similar situation) is 2-0 in BCS bowl games. While I don't know if either deserved to be there based on their schedules, Oklahoma, Pitt and Alabama aren't laughing.

Boise is 1-0 and Utah (similar situation) is 2-0 in BCS bowl games. While I don't know if either deserved to be there based on their schedules, Oklahoma, Pitt and Alabama aren't laughing.

Excellent point! I'm no fan of either team nor do I know much about Nevada but I DO know a little bit about rivalries. Nevada's head coach came out of retirement for the express purpose of building a team that could beat BSU. He succeeded.

There is no doubt in my mind that Nevada is a very good team but something tells me last night was THEIR Rose Bowl. As for the BCS teams who might have been BSU's opponent.....well, all I can say is they're all breathing a huge sigh of relief at this morning's news.

Back to the game itself. I watched it and came close to turning it off and hitting the sack but all of a sudden Nevada started stringing some first downs together. The next thing I know they've tied it up and then BSU goes ahead then BSU ties it up again.

We all know what happened after that but when the BSU QB hit the his munchkin receiver to put 'em in position for the go ahead field goal I thought it was pure fate. Then the kid misses. I felt bad for him but hey, there's always overtime, right?

He misses again and then feel real bad for him. As much as I love college football I hate it when it comes down to some poor kid and the bad rap he'll get for life for having missed two critical kicks.

It makes it that much worse for the WAC now that they've lost out on the bug payday the Rose Bowl would have provided.

I was heartened to read some supportive post game comments out of the BSU locker room. It's pretty clear that BSU's defense was built to play with a big lead and only a conference foe would have picked up on that.

FSU 21 Alabama 14

Does that help?

Go Noles!!

The fat lady is definitely getting warmed up.

Reduced from chomping gators to nibling gheckos, oh the humility! Life is good in the sunshine state. :grin:

It's about time. For many it's the only game that matters. Till next year guys. :thumbsup:

Tim (tallman)...bask in the glory. Dominating W. Trip to Charlotte in your plans? Maryland's drubbing of the 'pack was a bit surprising, but every now and then it's nice to have a plan work out like this.

i'm routing for the noles.

FSUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was Jimbo's night and we got beat soundly, but I stand by the sentiment.

I will root for whoever plays FSU, I just cannot support those guys.

Go Noles!

beemerman

Short memory?

Boise beat Oregon last year to start the season.

Comparative scores are tricky.

We beat the Gators as badly as 'Bama did.

Don't think we are that good, but we are 2 plays from 11-1.

Years ago, FSU was an Independent and could only get respect by playing the established schools (we ddin't start football until after WWII) and so we signed horrible deals like 5 games at LSU 2 games at Ohio State, 2 games at Nebraska, 2 games at Michigan, etc.

Nobody other than Michigan State from the Big Ten would come down and play.

I could cite numerous examples of this type of scheduling.

Today that is difficult to do.

Many of those games were scheduled 5-10 years in advance and very few teams out there want to risk losing to Boise/TCU etc.

I've favored a playoff for decades, maybe one day.

Oh yeah, GO NOLES!

Seniors went oout on a bigf note, Defense showed up, we actually threw the ball deep against the #1 secondary (in interceptions)

and find ourself in the ACC title game.

Who wouldathunkit?

GO NOLES!

Woohoo! I'm happy to see my Frogs go undefeated for the regular season! Now we just sit around an wait. :lurk:

Congrats to you and your frogs! I truly can see all sides of the current debate but I do know you had a great season. Hats off to the frogs...

Tim, any team can win a big one every now and then. Put Alabama or Oregon in BSU's conference and they would do extremely well, maybe even go undefeated for a record period of time. But no, those teams have to play a "bowl game" pretty much every Saturday, facing opponents as tough or tougher than BSU will see all season! That's all I'm saying.

For BSU, it's a sprint. For everyone else, it's a marathon!

James,

My point is that BSU can't get many/any of "those" teams to schedule them.

Scheduling is much different today compared to years ago.

Plus if you check, 'Bama, OSU, etc. all have a team or two on their current schedule that aren't top tier.

The new Big Ten where everyone plays will be interesting.

Finally, just because a team doesn't play in the 10/12/SEC conference doesn't mean they couldn't win most of the games if they did.

This year Boise would've done well in the SEC (after all, every team except Aurburn {and who picked them before the season :/ ) has 2 losses.

BSU would've been favored in almost every matchup this year except the top two or 3 other teams.

Utah beat 'Bama, James Madison beat VT this year.

If a playoff were in place watch out for Stanford and Wisconsin as they might be the two best teams on the field right now and VT has won 10 in a row yet Boise bested them.

I'd love for the negatives to stop and at least go to a neutral position of let them play to determine what would happen.

As long as pundits naysay the teams that I see as future FSU's based on what we had to do to get to the top won't ever have their chances.

How about those late games?

Oklahoma Oklahoma State wow, what an interception and what a game.

Georgia/GT, ND beats USC, this was a great colege football week.

Go Noles!

Tim, any team can win a big one every now and then. Put Alabama or Oregon in BSU's conference and they would do extremely well, maybe even go undefeated for a record period of time. But no, those teams have to play a "bowl game" pretty much every Saturday, facing opponents as tough or tougher than BSU will see all season! That's all I'm saying.

For BSU, it's a sprint. For everyone else, it's a marathon!

James you sound a bit too much like E. Gordon Gee "Little Sisters of the Poor" , and surely you don't want to sound like anyone from Ohio State :grin:

Tim, any team can win a big one every now and then.

For sure, ask App. State. :cry:

As for Saturday, the Maize & Blue played pretty good D in the first half but oddly the offense was noticeably off, similar to the Wisconsin game. Now if they had only had a kicker.

I suspect that defense is a HUGE recruiting point currently along with the kicking positions. Denard and the rest of the offense seem solid. Definite progress from last year. Look out for the Wolverines in 2011. It should be a good year if the recruiting goes well. :thumbsup:

And FSU spanks the tail off the gators. Yee-ha!

beemerman2k,,,

Does Rich still have a job???

Not if I'm the AD.

I'm going after Harbaugh.

Hell, even the former Buckeyes coach John Cooper did more for the Michigan program than Rodrigues does :grin:

One UM has fired theirs.

Too bad.

He is a class act and was trying to build a program with focus on doing it all the right way.

His successor will benefit from what is already in place.

Aggie's got jobbed.

The two teams playing for the conference title both lost to A&M in the last few weeks and they all have the same conference record.

A&M went down in the BCS pole the last two weeks after beating Nebraska and Texas.

Whatupwitdat????

I feel better now....Thanks.

This should clear it up.

:dopeslap:

I used to think conference championship games were a good idea.

Now I think all of the temas should play one another winner takes all.

Tie breaking determined by head to head.

If that doesn't work team with best mascot wins.

oNE wORD = "H A W K E Y E S" ...

Okay, here we are three months removed from hANNAbONE's famous decalaration and what do I see in the sports news? Iowa; 7-5, a record just good enough for a third tier bowl game.

What happened? How did this seemingly unstoppable force of nature slow down so quickly?

Okay, here we are three months removed from hANNAbONE's famous decalaration and what do I see in the sports news? Iowa; 7-5, a record just good enough for a third tier bowl game.

What happened? How did this seemingly unstoppable force of nature slow down so quickly?

Great question and I look forward to Hannabone's answer.

Lost to Minnesota? Really? I was very surprised when I saw that score.

Hey 'BoNe... you can stay with us, come on down and warm up and we'll watch the eyewah and the gators play here in Jax.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.....

Sorry, bONE, I don't mean to rub it in but really, what in tarnation happened??!!

TCU is really going to the Big East?! Wow, I wasn't aware this was real. Isn't all the travel required going to put a strain on the players? Well, I guess these guys are so young they can withstand all that travel. It would drive me nuts.

TCU's administration is tired of having to prove itself every year and still not get a serious sniff at a BCS bowl unless it holds a perfect recrod. This move makes them BCS eligible automatically and, in my opinion, makes the whole BCS thing a joke.

I mean, really, the Big East? I read over the weekend that if Connecticut won its conference championship that they'd play in a New Year's Day bowl game. Their record is something like 7-4 now and that makes them eligible for a big payout??!! TCU (I'm no TCU fan, BTW) would demolish the Big East and yet here they are hoping for a shot at a meaningful bowl game.

What a friggin' joke!

Oh, and the prez of Ohio State, Gordon Gee (aka Mr. bow tie), is a complete idiot for his comments about TCU playing a "little sisters of the poor" schedule. OSU don't want no part of TCU. No way, baby.

end of rant.

According to TCU, they have a travel "advantage" traveling East that they didn't have traveling West. :S

TCU will get more TV exposure on ESPN and CBS Sports than the arrangement with "The Mtn" and Versus.

I'm intrigued about basketball. TCU women's team has gone to the NCAA tournament the past few years, but I don't know if they can hang with a team like Rutgers, much less UConn :P

In the mean time, I've been pricing Rose Bowl tickets. . . yikes! $450 a ticket for cheap seats!? :eek:

hELLO lADDY'S :

been very bizzy with family & singing -

I'm here now tho'

Look back on my posts - I never ever jumped on the idiot wagon of the Hawks being in the Championship game (*pre-season*)

I know what they were gonna be this season and I knew WHO they lost to graduation and the draft.

I hurts a tick to know that these guys couldn't close a game to save themselves. Sad deal - to think that the stars aligned and had thee best home schedule anyone could ask for.

Didn't matter. We had beat up running backs, a starter that didn't come back...and a defense that wasn't what everyone thought it was gonna be.

All in all - everyone in the know kinda knew in the back o their heads this could be a team that "could" win some close ones -

but probably wouldn't - like they did last year.

Note - that this "implosion" happened AFTER we shalacked the then mighty MichStateSpartans.

????????HUH?????????

How does that happen? Ya put 30 on an unbeaten Big-10'er in the 1st half.!?? ??HUH??

And yet ya drop games you shoulda won in the late 'n closing minutes....

Outta shape / outta touch coaching / outta bounds unattainable feats of grandeur.

Silly frickin' people.!!

Okay - I'm done...and better for it.!

Partay on, Garth.!!

Oh - and it's my birthday.!! woot.!

The Big East will now have teams in 9 of the largest 35 media centers in the country.

That is one reason.

BCS eligibility is another.

It won't hurt TCU's recruiting either.

oNE wORD.

pLAYOFF!

Hey,

Did anyone watch last night's ASU-Arizona game? Wow, another kicking fiasco only this time it was two missed PAT's. I felt bad for the kid but it really wasn't his fault because both were blocked by ASU attaching from the same side - that's poor coaching.

Arizona was ranked #23, ASU was unranked but is now bowl eligible at 6-6.

Archived