IGNORED

College Football 2010

beemerman2k

Defense is their weakness, it may cost them in the Iron Bowl.

IF they win that, following up w/an SEC title win would be a tough act.

I'm thinking they can, if CN stays healthy.

You're on, beemerboy. I got Wisconsin, you take Iowa I presume?

Oy! I'm seeing this for the first time today and now that I know the game score I'll be sending a five spot to the forum.

Hey, ya'll be nice to 'bone this week, mkay? I'm thinking he's doing some crying in his beer. Me? I'm watching Air Force take it in the slats courtesy of TCU. :mad:

Great. First Air Force, then the Broncos lose to the hated Raiders. Oh, wait, I got pulled over today for doing 63 in a 45 (blame it on my evil K1200s) today and was let go. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away (or something to that effect).

In other words win some, lose some. We live to fight another day.

In other words win some, lose some. We live to fight another day.

Repeat after me...

There's always next year

There's always next year

nOTE to the Hawkeyes :

um.............

s P E C I A L t E A M S

s P E C I A L t E A M S

s P E C I A L t E A M S

s P E C I A L t E A M S

s P E C I A L t E A M S

s P E C I A L t E A M S

s P E C I A L t E A M S

s P E C I A L t E A M S

s P E C I A L t E A M S

s P E C I A L t E A M S

s P E C I A L t E A M S

s P E C I A L t E A M S

fire them coaches..NOW.!

freeekin' idiots.!

O - and our defense isn't as vaulted as it was thought @ the beginning of the season.

E P I C F A I L

wORTh ONe To THREe GAMEs PEr YEAr In THe WIn COLUMn, SOMETIMEs EVEn MORe.

We play tomorrow night away at NC State, Go Noles!

So you've gone from rooting for your team, to rooting against another.

Sad.

:P

:wave:

But I understand...

:rofl:

Go N :cool:LES!

s P E C I A L t E A M S

fire them coaches..NOW.!

freeekin' idiots.!

O - and our defense isn't as vaulted as it was thought @ the beginning of the season.

E P I C F A I L

Gosh, I wish Air Force had a vaulted defense.....it only has a vaunted one. :cry::rofl:

What a game this Florida State @ NC State is turning out to be. When I saw the Noles go up 21-7, I turned to the World Series figuring that game was over. Then I turn back and it's 21-21! Here we are with under a minute to go and the Noles threatening in the red zone. Hope they punch it in, but it turned out to be a great one regardless.

NC State made the plays.

Something like 16 3rd and 4th down conversions.

Despite that, on the 4 with time left, call the right play, man wide open, and the ball bounces off the hip of the running back you're faking to.

Pull it back, toss the lolliop, TD and you win.

:(

Too many penalties (both teams), 2 fumbles from QB when man open for TD, TD called back, D not there at times and we let the crowd back in the game.

NC State controls the division now.

Their QB has 4 yrs exp. too.

He was #4 in the country in offense and no one talks about him.

He carried his team, ours didn't make the last play which would've been the latest in the series of nail biters and OT games with the Pack.

We only threw one deep ball and it was underthrown.

Jimbo sez Ponder is healthy, arm OK, I don't think so.

6-2 is OK, 7-1 with the division and conference title game almost assured would have been nicer.

Regroup and carry on...

Matt,

Going back to Tory Holt and then Phillip Rivers, the games have had plenty of excitement.

Holt scored 5 touchdowns one game and our DC, Mickey Andrews, said "I don't change D for one guy."

:dopeslap:

Next year we held him to 2 TD's.

:grin:

Rivers had a double OT game ( I think) where he was taunting the crowd, then lost.

Over under was 57 and spread was 3 1/2.

IF we had scored, cover the over and lose the spread.

:Cool:

We're still a team with a lot to learn about finishing despite a couple good efforts with mixed outcome.

This won't be the same coming from me, but if I may have the honors:

oNE wORD = "H A W K E Y E S" ...

:grin:

Congrat's on the BIG WIN in the Big 10!

vAULTED - vAUNTED..still the same result against Wisc.

=====================================================

Funny thing happen to a defense that has such a "vaulted" defensive coordinator like Norm Parker.

He shows up to the game (*first one for many many weeks*)

and the Hawkeye "D" comes to town too.! WOOT.!

Kicked the MichStateSpartans right in the nuts and didn't let off the throttle ALL DAY LONG.!

So - if that combo along with our offense with an only 2 int Stanzi for the year show up for the rest o da season...

well, OSU and the others might have a long day with us.

One Word :

hAWKEYES

Having watched Air Force play both teams I have my own opinion: TCU's going to take Utah to the woodshed in its own back yard. The spread's 5 points, I'm thinking TCU by at least 14.

Yea, I know the Mountain West isn't in the BCS mix but there is no doubt in my mind that TCU's a major league team.

Aside from that I'm hoping to see JoPa get his 400th win at Penn State and I REALLY hope hANNAbONE's not crying in his barley pop after Ahwa plays this weekend. :P

mE bELIEVE dat AahWuh will plug any holes that have been easy games in the past.

Teams like N'Western & Ind'y have - for whatever reason - really tough games for them.

They'll have it screwed down tight for today's tilt.

You just watch -- it could be their biggest point total yet.

O - not to be a hoosier today...

No kidding. 67-65 in 3OT??? Wow.

oH - & TCU cleans house on Utah too.

& 'Bama will put an extra 10 in front of LSU too.

So far, you are looking like a prophet 'Bone.

Gutsy call by Iowa State, but MAN that wind...

I didn't really care much (personally) about the Utah/TCU game (though supposedly I should).

You were 2 for 3 'Bone. Not bad.

Well I was tickled with how well TCU handled Utah. I expected a closer game, but the Frogs struck early and pretty much took the crowd out of the game.

Also watched Penn State win over Northwestern! Way to go JoePa!

wELL - Iowa did win...but dang - u..g..a..fug..a..ly

I didn't see a play but listened to the final 1.5 minutes.

Cwazy Hawks.!

=============

Iowa State should of won.! Throw that fricken ball with some authority holder boy.! Day-yum throw it,..,@@!!

=============

TCU - what can ya say...

=============

'Bama...what can ya say....

Thought Mich score was basketball when they put it on scoreboard.

We miss a field goal.

Second straight game fail to win on last play.

Congrats to the state of North Carolina who had our number this year.

2 plays from 8-1 :dopeslap:

Texas going down

'Bama loses

Auburn in SEC championship game versus

Florida?

If Gators keep rolling...

Someone from the unbeaten 4 will be out in the cold eoy.

Iowa/Nebraska find ways to win

:thumbsup:

Joe Pa gets 400

:clap:

Big doins

Well I was tickled with how well TCU handled Utah. I expected a closer game, but the Frogs struck early and pretty much took the crowd out of the game.

Also watched Penn State win over Northwestern! Way to go JoePa!

and one of Sharon's FB friends had this to say:

1080663601_eGWwy-O.jpg

I may not be a football fan, but that was funny!

Hutch will enjoy driving back to GA today flying my purple and gold flags thru Alabama!

I don't know that I would do that.

In fact, tell you one thing else I'd never do: ride through the State of Ohio brandishing my Michigan gear :eek:

Ain't gonna happen :smirk:

How come no one is talking about my Aggies? Two weeks ago I didn't think they would win another game this year.
Why would we want to steal your thunder?

Well back home after a great road trip. Fun day of football. Whip you're Aggies did well. When I lived in San Antonio I would have sent my kids to A&M in a heartbeat. Plus they knocked the Sooners from above us on the rankings list.

Bullett what can I say about the Frogs. As an avid SEC'er I admit they are the real deal and I doubt my Tigers could hang with them. Congrats.

And my second-favorite team, the USAFA Falcons won the Commander's Cup!

Wild day in MI! Imagine having 129 and loosing the under!

I will say the Bama fans were really a nice bunch. LSU fans used to be that nice but now so many are getting mean spirited like some other not to be named (but there initials are Florida and Auburn) fans. I wish more parents would teach their kids about sportsmanship and winning and losing graciously.

Thought Mich score was basketball when they put it on scoreboard.

We miss a field goal.

Second straight game fail to win on last play.

Congrats to the state of North Carolina who had our number this year.

2 plays from 8-1 :dopeslap:

Texas going down

'Bama loses

Auburn in SEC championship game versus

Florida?

If Gators keep rolling...

Someone from the unbeaten 4 will be out in the cold eoy.

Iowa/Nebraska find ways to win

:thumbsup:

Joe Pa gets 400

Big doins

interesting which florida team is highest ranked in coaches poll tonight.

what a great weekend of college football. can't wait for hoops to start.

I will say the Bama fans were really a nice bunch. LSU fans used to be that nice but now so many are getting mean spirited like some other not to be named (but there initials are Florida and Auburn) fans. I wish more parents would teach their kids about sportsmanship and winning and losing graciously.

Meh, says you...

LSWho is as full of thugs in the stands as on the field. They're like the Eagles without the battery tossing.

Agree Matt. But it didn't use to be that way. And it doesn't have to be that way now. My own 18 yr old started booing our QB against Tenn. I gave him .3 seconds to zip it or watch his brother and sister go to all the games while he stayed home.

People lose the reality that while it is fun to be spirited it is not life or death or war.

That sure was a fun weekend of college football. I feel pretty lucky that my Huskers squeeked out that win. We played our 3rd string QB all day and he didn't look good. I have a lot of respect for Iowa St.'s coach Rhoads, but I don't think I would have gone for 2 in that position. They were playing better than the Huskers, at home, and you could be pretty sure the Huskers wouldn't throw the ball. At any rate, it was a gutsy move to go for the win in what will likely be the last meeting between the teams for a long long time. Good luck to ISU in the future.

Our goal of winning the last Big 12 championship game is still on track. Missouri went down which makes us much more likely to win the North, even if we stumble against Texas A&M here in a few weeks. That should be a great game. Hope our Qb's are healthy by then.

Congrats to TCU and LSU! Some really big wins there. And Michigan?!?! Most points ever scored in a Big 10 game and I'm not sure that's that's a good thing.

And Michigan?!?! Most points ever scored in a Big 10 game and I'm not sure that's that's a good thing.

No, it isn't a good thing at all.

Wait, the only good thing about it is that Michigan's D sucks big time! So if it takes a game like this to finally put the spotlight on that sorry bunch, so be it.

Overall, though, Michigan is not a good football team. They're obviously on par with the Illinois and the Indiana's of the Big 10, but forget about the Iowa's, Wisconsin's, Ohio State's, and Penn State's of the league.

Nebraska? They'd have fun at the Big House with this team. Run themselves ragged they would. Michigan had better get it together before kick off next September.

Agree Matt. But it didn't use to be that way. And it doesn't have to be that way now. My own 18 yr old started booing our QB against Tenn. I gave him .3 seconds to zip it or watch his brother and sister go to all the games while he stayed home.

People lose the reality that while it is fun to be spirited it is not life or death or war.

Good on ya Hutch! I have had a lot of talks with my 8 year old in dugout of his baseball team for the same reasons... He has learned a lot of positive lessons playing baseball; things like he'll be dressed and benched for a game if he doesn't do his homework properly, or if he starts to rag on his team instead of lifting up guys having bad games, etc.

I went to the gator bowl a few years back with a friend of mine who's a diehard NCSU fan. NCSU played ND that year and the state fans may have been some of the friendliest people I have ever seen at a football game. It was inspiring!

I went to the LSU UGA game last year in Athens. LSU won in the last minute after a pretty controversial call. The GA fans were very classy in defeat. A classiness I unfortunately haven't seen in BTR in a long time. Since that experience I have tried to go out of my way to be friendly to our guests in Death Valley.

Saturday a couple, look to be college age, had been coraled by a bunch of drunk LSU fans while walking to the stadium. I interceded and said "Hey, there you are, Looking all over." Took the scared young lady by the arm and got them out of there. I then apologized for the "400" and said the other "92000" were just like them and they were welcome at Tiger Stadium. You could see the relief run down there face. They were just there to have a good time. Didn't need F-bombs and sour grapes about Saban slung there way. And good-on you also for teaching your son some sportsmanship and character.

I've flown AF jets in two wars. What I witnessed Saturday was a game. Not a war. I have a brother in the hospital today getting chemo for Acute Myeloid Leukemia. That is life and death. The game was not important in the big scheme of things.

Sorry to hijack guys. I'll get off my soap box. Back to a great weekend of college football now...

...... And my second-favorite team, the USAFA Falcons won the Commander's Cup!

Yo, Hutch, it's the Commander in Chief TROPHY - not cup. The C-in-C Trophy weighs 170 pounds. Cups are for girly stuff like yacht racing or golf tournaments. Could you see yourself raising a 170# cup?? :P:grin:

That is all. Carry on.

Yo, Hutch, it's the Commander in Chief TROPHY - not cup. The C-in-C Trophy weighs 170 pounds. Cups are for girly stuff like yacht racing or golf tournaments. Could you see yourself raising a 170# cup?? :P:grin:

That is all. Carry on.

Sorry. Trophy, not Cup. Personally I could see me raising a 170# cup but then I'm a manly man. Probably not many others though... Ha Ha. Geaux Tigers and Go Faclons!

Hutch,

Good to see a good sport in beating Bama, as opposed to gloating. I haven't had much good experience in LSU fans in the past. Thanks for the refresh.

The game was just about what I expected, even the outcome. Death Valley can be a volital place, & if one gives up two turnovers, one can't expect to get out alive.

ROLL TIDE!!!

eH.....ummmmmmmmmm.....

WADDUYACALL that big shiny thing they hoist over the hockey players heads in flippin' JUNE>!!??

The Stanley___________________________???

jus' sayin'

That is all. Carry on.

DV is loud and tough to play in.

Really proud or our 6-1 record there.

We're 7-2 versus LSU all-time with only one game in Tallahassee.

We've got some other Tigers to contend with this weekend, Clemson.

Coaches finally admit Ponder needed medical procedure for elbow and is "day-to-day".

Go Noles!

Utah, Auburn and Ohio State might want to step it up a bit. This Saturday could turn very bloody!

OK, Auburn just pulled to within 7 at 21 - 14 Georgia

Penn State is a bit miffed at the point spread, so the Buckeyes are going to have to earn this win :Cool:

Go Noles!

After losing last week missing a 40 yarder Dustin Hopkins makes a 55 yard fiel goal as time expires.

First time in 27 years they win on last play of the game.

Slight redemption personally for Dustin who handled last week's miss with class and all the years where our kickers missed potential game winners.

Third longest in school history and we've had some good kickers including;

Derek Schmidt (who retiered as all time leading scorere in NCAA), Capece (played in NFL) Janikowski (Groza Award and still in NFL) and Gano (Groza Award/Bowl MVP and playing in NFL).

EJ has 281 yards offense starting first game this year (for injured Ponder) takes over w/53 seconds left and leads us into chance to win.

Very good effort from him.

Still need help to win division but this win after 2 last play losses felt relly good.

Go Noles!

Archived