IGNORED

College Football 2010

beemerman2k

I missed the game, but I received a text message from my brother (an Arizona alum) at 12:30AM EST telling me his daughter (ASU alum) was talking lots of trash because of the outcome. I told him he better get used to it :smirk:

Sworn to secrecy.

Spurrier turned down the initial offer.

:/

It won't be Rodriguez or Wannabestadt.

I did get 10,000 to 1 odds on him UNretiring today.

If he does I retire.

Florida, Florida State, University of Miami, USC, Tennessee, what are the odds that all of these major schools with plenty of Nat'l titles would replace Head Coach basically within the same year (not season).

Add in the potential that the other UM could too and that's a lot ofroom at the top for upandcomers.

Reckon JoePa won't be far behind.

Rumor around the Husker camp is that Bo Pelini is interviewing for the Miami job. The Miami Herald reports Bo has received the ok from Nebraska to interview, but hours later Nebraska AD (and my hero) Tom Osborne says he is unaware of any authorization and I trust that guy.

"Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne was surprised Wednesday night upon hearing about the Herald's report.

"Bo's never talked to me about anything like that," Osborne said. "If he got permission (to talk to Miami), he didn't get it from me."

Pelini said he didn't seek such permission from anyone."

Husker Extra

Probably just empty rumors or posturing but it sure gets the natives worked up. We're all hoping our offenseive coordinator Watson gets a head coaching offer, but he probably won't because the offense stunk it up that last 2 years. I don't think anybody expected Pelini to have a wandering eye so soon.

bIG 10 ? _(*make that the Big 12/10 thang*)_

I had heard that our Iowa coach Ferentz was thinking about something down there.

Who knows..

• 3 weeks later...

Air Force won its bowl game against Georgia Tech. Neither team looked sharp and to be honest it was a pretty game unless you're a fan or either team but heck, I'll take it!

I have a friend who bought 6 tix because she was assured that UF would be there. Anyways, it's UM and Mississippi State. 6 tix between the 45s...

If you're interested, PM me.

Air Force won its bowl game against Georgia Tech. Neither team looked sharp and to be honest it was a pretty game unless you're a fan or either team but heck, I'll take it!

Great night of football! AF Falcons win, ATL Falcons lose (my Saints won!), and the AF Falcon was recovered!

TAMU has a good season and the coach is getting pro offers.

We may suck again.

TAMU has had a very good season. Hopefully he stays. My Bayou Bengals had our thousand yard rusher ruled ineligible for the Cotton Bowl. Seems you can earn $180K per year and play, you can trade autographs for tats and play, but don't get caught cheating on your test... A little tic, I don't condone academic cheating, but he's only been accused thus far. SHould be a great game. I need to win because I have lots of Aggie buddies from 11 years in San Antonio. Actually have never met an Aggie I didn't like. Enjoy the gmae, but I hope you lose!

oNE wORD = "H A W K E Y E S" ...

Okay, here we are three months removed from hANNAbONE's famous decalaration and what do I see in the sports news? Iowa; 7-5, a record just good enough for a third tier bowl game.

What happened? How did this seemingly unstoppable force of nature slow down so quickly?

i'LL tELL yA how, Randy...a freekin' overrated defense that lost waaaay tooo many starters to graduation and the Pro's. The "pre-season pickers" had their collective heads up their a$$e$...silly folks they are. Beano Cook had the Hawks playing 'Bama for the title game. Fekkin'idiots.

Offensively, I can tell ya when you are down to your 3rd string running back before 1/2 the season - things ain't gonna be good on the last half. It wasn't gonna be pretty and tonight prolly ain't gonna be pretty either.

They couldn't stop offenses in the late minutes and their own offense couldn't rally to put points on late either.

Lose - Lose situation.

oNE MORE THANG..that little running back from Sioux City Heelan got 2 gals prego last year...one @ home & one @ UofI...a sister of another team-mate..! Spelled doom for da locker room

So .. tonight will be prolly not a good watch - they might regain some composure, but I ain't bettin' on it.

One Word - cHOKEYES...

I was waiting for you to post. I am hoping for a good game tonight against your hawkeyes, good luck bONE. But I am hoping you get beat tonight.

One thing to say: MIZ ZOU!

One Word - cHOKEYES...

Not tonight! It's halftime and things can change but for now I'd have to say that things are looking up for the boys from iOWA.

Fitting their D finally wins one for them.

3 games today, and so it begins...

I'm happy for my buddy, hANNABONE. :clap:

Which time?

:dopeslap:

Afterthe Kansas State player was called for xcessive celebration when he saluted the crowd, briefly, something I didn't think warranted a penalty, yet alone at that point of the game, to watch the numerous calls in the NC/Tenn game that were and weren't called (helmet hits/celbrating TD's) the ending of that game is right up there with the most amazing I've ever seen.

You lose.

Ooops, review.

You don't lose.

Under a second, try a field goal.

OT.

So you go from losing with 31 seconds to go to losing as time expired to OT.

I think the team that deserved to win, did, but like the announcer said, "play ten times and they're 5-5" because the teams were so closely matched.

Congrats to NC who had 35 player ineligible/hurt and still won 8 games.

What's up w/the Cornhuskers?

The second game this year that UT won....then lost. Ouch.

I saw their game against LSU where fate seemingly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and yesterday was especially hard to watch. I'm not a UT fan but respect what the coach has done post Kiffin and feel they deserved better.

And now for a moment of silence for our fellow forum member, Husker Red....... :(:eek:

Jake Locker sure picked a perfect game to go out on!

a dANDY this afternoon...Wisc v TCU - that's a honey.!

Sugar Bowl too.

Who in the world put flippin' Conn against Okies?

huh??????

Who in the world put flippin' Conn against Okies?

huh??????

The BCS or Bowl Championship System AKA the "Bull$hit Championship System."

Conn has no business playing on New Year's Day. Further, it represents a Big East league that's more of a joke than it is anything else.

Conn has no business playing on New Year's Day. Further, it represents a Big East league that's more of a joke than it is anything else.

Yes indeed. A travesty. I am hoping that a chain of events commence that places UConn as the national champion. That'll teach the league to quit messing around like they have been doing.

I would have much preferred a Boise State/Oklahoma game. Let's settle this BSU question once and for all!

[Let's settle this BSU question once and for all!

I agree, I think I saw that BSU is 4-1 against top 10 teams the last 10 years. I really wanted them in the national championship. If they keep knocking on the door, they will have to be let in sometime.

Yes, but it's a sweet "ugly". Michigan State is getting pounded and that's always a blessing for us Wolverines, and Michigan needs a new coaching staff, so if this is what it takes to make that happen, it's a small price to pay to get a real football team up in Ann Arbor.

Michigan has looked like a JOKE over the past 3 seasons. A JOKE! :mad:

And I ain't laughin'. :eek:

At least Matt will be happy that Florida won... I thought he was going to blow a gasket at BRR watching them in the lobby of the hotel on Saturday night.

Michigan has looked like a JOKE over the past 3 seasons. A JOKE! :mad:

And I ain't laughin'. :eek:

I would be laughing if my Spartans hadn't looked so pathetic today.

I'm proud of the evil Spartans, truth be told. I am only happy when the Spatans and the Buckeyes and the Lions and the Badgers are playing excellent football, and the Wolverines are able to match them play for play -- and then some. That's the way the script is supposed to read as far as I'm concerned. When Michigan beats a lack-luster opponent, it becomes a "so-what" game. No glory in that effort that's for sure.

Likewise, when these teams come to Ann Arbor and play as though they are the ones at home, that's mighty disturbing, yet that's what's been happening since Rodriguez took the helm.

C'mon Harbough, come back home already!

At least Matt will be happy that Florida won... I thought he was going to blow a gasket at BRR watching them in the lobby of the hotel on Saturday night.

Yep, I didn't even watch it. I took advantage of a 75 degree day to go riding instead. Congrats to Coach Meyer and welcome to our new coaching staff.

Agent_Orange

And welcome to Al Golden. :wave: After this last game he sure looks to have a lot on his plate. Couldn't be much worse.

Better days ahead! :clap:

Just saw a blub on ESPN that Charlie Weiss will be Florida's next Offensive Coordinator.

That's good for us Denver Bronco fans! Goodbye, Charlie.

C'mon Harbaugh, come back home already!

He might have burned a couple bridges with his negative comments about UM academics, but turning a football program around earns a lot of forgiveness.

Go Noles!

10 wins again, upper echelon recruiting class, lots of returning players, things are looking up.

Big Ten (really 11 :/ ) or should we say 12?

A travesty this year in bowl games.

Can they really be that bad?

TCU

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Look out BiG East.

Big Ten (really 11 :/ ) or should we say 12?

A travesty this year in bowl games.

Can they really be that bad?

Unfortunately, this is a typical bowl performance for the Big Ten (11, 12).

So . . . how about those Horned Frogs, y'all? I am so proud of my boys from Fort Worth! :grin: Best Football team in all of Texas, and pretty darn good when compared with the rest of the country!

rqvyiu_medium.jpg

TCU, 2011 Rose Bowl Champions: 13-0.

Did I already say :grin: ?

What your TCU team did was nothing short of spectacular! I wasn't a believer for most of this year, but I am now. Those guys definitely are the real deal :thumbsup:

Archived