IGNORED

College Football 2010

beemerman2k

Who in the world put flippin' Conn against Okies?

huh??????

The BCS or Bowl Championship System AKA the "Bull$hit Championship System."

Conn has no business playing on New Year's Day. Further, it represents a Big East league that's more of a joke than it is anything else.

While the outcome was pretty easy to predict, at least the Conn Defense was able to put some points on the board. (Better than the Spartans. :P;) )

Of course, having the head coach skip the flight home with the team, and head directly to Maryland to sign on as head coach is a pretty good indicator that Conn won't be back next year.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I feel like the celebrating citizens of the Republic when the evil Sith Lord is killed and Darth Vadar returns to the light side as Aniken Skywalker!

Now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Who's going to replace Rodriguez? Can't get any worse, that's for sure. Can be just as worse maybe, but can't actually be worse.

Ha ha Beemerman, those Ewoks are dancing in blue and maize today. Good luck finding a new coach. I suggest asking former Nebraska and current Pitt AD Steve Pederson who he likes and then going the exact opposite way. I've heard our offensive coordinator Watson has been interviewing for a head coaching jobs, you guys should check him out.(roll eyes) He's great (snicker.) We'd sure miss him... :wave:

So, I haven't been online lately but thought I should check in to take my lumps for the dismal Husker performance in the Holiday Bowl. Some blame lack of motivation, but our offense has been stinking it up the second half the season and most of last season too. Defense is great (held Locker to ZERO completions in the first half) but we have to score some points to win. I love coach Pelini, but I think we need a new offensive coordinator. Our QB's seem clueless and our line can't pass protect. :mad:

But hey, there's always next year...

Husker Red: clearly Nebraska was not motivated for that game. Can't say I blame them, what was Washington doing in a bowl in the first place? Let these two teams face each other when it actually counts and I think we'd see a totally different outcome. That is clear, and that's why you got no trash talk from anyone.

Oh, and welcome to the Big 10 :thumbsup:

Now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Who's going to replace Rodriguez? Can't get any worse, that's for sure. Can be just as worse maybe, but can't actually be worse.

Rumor has it that Michigan was waiting until the Orange Bowl was done so they wouldn't be a distraction to Jim Harbaugh. Now that the game is over they pulled the trigger and will most likely put a full court press on their favorite son. Rumor also has it that Elway's recruiting him AND Luck to come to my beloved Denver Broncos. I'm not sure if I'd want that or not. Oh well, we'll see soon enough!

Now that was a great game!!!!

Congrats to the Buckeyes among us, you can breath a bit easier now that time has run out and you still have a higher score than Arkansas. No doubt we'll see you all in church this Sunday :rofl:

Wow! What a game that was :smile:

Congrats to the Buckeyes among us, you can breath a bit easier now that time has run out and you still have a higher score than Arkansas. No doubt we'll see you all in church this Sunday :rofl:

Just like the SEC West to fold up... :rofl:

A really great game that I'll have to watch the end of since SWMBO was a little too tense to watch her buckeyes.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I feel like the celebrating citizens of the Republic when the evil Sith Lord is killed and Darth Vadar returns to the light side as Aniken Skywalker!

Although it may happen (or has) it ain't officially like yet so be careful you don't jinxify it.

Bah, humbug, Arkansas has one of the best end zone fade route plays in college and instead throw a 6 yard route for an INT ?

Dumb Dumb Dumb Dum

:dopeslap:

A really great game that I'll have to watch the end of since SWMBO was a little too tense to watch her buckeyes.

SEC West fold? Huh? Matt Matt Matt.... You got SEC geographical envy do ya?

How's it feel...Buckey....to finally find the elusive nut of winning against the SEC....

Two big bowl wins in a row.

Goooooo Bucks :0

I was hoping they would give him a ten year extension.

I lamented the day when Ohio State fired John Cooper and hired Jim Tressell. Cooper's top ranked Buckeyes would face a mediocre Michigan team and yet find a way to lose! Didn't matter if it was in Ann Arbor or Columbus either. :grin:

I wasn't aware Dave Wannstedt was out at Pitt, what happened?

Not that I think he was a good head coach because I don't think he was, but did he quit, get fired, or retire for health reasons?

2 schools paid him $5,000,000 not to coach after paying millions for him to coach.

That's a great job if you can find one. I think UM has to pay him something like $2.5M to buy him out of this contract.

He "resigned" under pressure to take on a role as special assistant to the AD - whatever that is. I agree that he wasn't the best coach, but I don't think I would have fired him. The guy had name recognition and NFL ties that recruits like. I lived in Chicago when he was coaching the Bears and he made some real bonehead calls, but I still liked the guy. I remember they drafted a punter in an early round back then. You know you have a bad team when the one player who can help your team the most is a good punter.

Of course, I don't care much for Pitt's AD Steve Pederson. He is pretty unpopular from his stint as Nebraska's AD. His new hire to replace Wannstedt hasn't worked out real well either... Mike Haywood fired :eek:

huskers.jpg

Husker Red: clearly Nebraska was not motivated for that game. Can't say I blame them, what was Washington doing in a bowl in the first place? Let these two teams face each other when it actually counts and I think we'd see a totally different outcome. That is clear, and that's why you got no trash talk from anyone.

Oh, and welcome to the Big 10 :thumbsup:

They didn't even lose to the best team in Washington..

My wife’s Alma mater plays for the national championship on Friday and it’s neither Oregon nor Auburn. Eastern Washington and Delaware have “earned” the right to play each other having navigated the “playoffs” to reach the final contest. It may not be the big boys but their hearts are of equal measure. GO EAGLES!

SEC West fold? Huh? Matt Matt Matt.... You got SEC geographical envy do ya?

Ar Kansas is definitely in the west... UF, home of the Gators is in the east... We won our game against the weasels of the big 10 :rofl:

Harbaugh Signs With San Francisco

$5,000,000/year with the 49ers.

Can anyone explain just what Jim Harbaugh has done to warrant the frenzy that just ended?

What has he done to make the 49ers think he might succeed where other more accomplished coaches have failed? At least Spurrier, Saban, Erickson and Holtz won national titles. Harbaugh has never won a division I conference championship (he did win in the Pioneer Football League).

He was 29-21 with the Cardinal. One really good year, with a really great quarterback, and now this. I don't get it.

chrisd: I couldn't agree more. I would have thought that Harbough would know better, but I imagine he's been wanting to go pro and he figures this is his chance to do so.

On a related topic, it appears that no one wants the Michigan coaching job! Hmmm, maybe I can try out for the position :grin:

chrisd: I couldn't agree more. I would have thought that Harbough would know better, but I imagine he's been wanting to go pro and he figures this is his chance to do so.

On a related topic, it appears that no one wants the Michigan coaching job! Hmmm, maybe I can try out for the position :grin:

The opposite of more miles is........

:grin:

O Well

No D

No Win

GIG EM

:wave:

Out the gate thought you guys were going to kill us. Fired up and well prepared. In the end I think while your talent is very good and improving, the horsepower is still just not quite there. Congrats on a turnaround season. I have several Aggie buds and have never met one I didn't like. If I still lived in San Antonio I could easily send my monsters to school there...

Quite a game last night, well done Auburn. I think the SEC showed their strength last night. Once again. :rofl:

I have to ask the question though, what is the deal with the Oregon helmets? Is it some kind of carbon fiber look or is it meant to look like scales?

Don't even get me started on their cute little wings though... :dopeslap:

That was a fantastic game last night! I am still winding down from all the suspense. O M G !!!!!

All those trick plays Oregon executed, and then a quiet Auburn pulled their rabbit out of the hat when it mattered. Cam Newton looked like he just went 15 rounds with Joe Frazier he was in so much pain. Both teams poured it out on that field, and the score tells you that this must have been a war given that two high scoring teams only mustered Auburn 22-Oregon 19 points between them.

That was colossal! :thumbsup: :smile:

1 for 2 for me

I picked Auburn way back when to win the SEC, but, I did think the SEC would come up short in the title game, or not reach it.

I dislike greatly the rule that we saw in the NFL earlier this year about receiving a ball and maintaining/making a football move (NFL is reviewing it offseason) as I think it influenced the call on the interception that wasn't by Oregon.

I watched that in super slow mo and I thought he had the ball , his elbow hit down in bounds while hed had control of the ball.

Then he rolls OB and juggles it.

To me play was over and it is Oregon's ball.

Instead Auburn keeps ball and scores a TD immediately after that.

If a runner can take a handoff and leap to the end zone, break the plane, get hit and loose the ball while in the air and it is still a TD, then a catch or INT where they have control in bounds should be all that matters.

On the good side of that my daughter won a huge pool when Auburn won beating all the smart old men/young men/ and all the tother ladies.

Expect some news about Michigan by Thursday...

I wonder why there is no second-guessing of the Oregon coach's decision to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal.

I wonder why there is no second-guessing of the Oregon coach's decision to go for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal.

I knew he was going to get blow back from that decision. It was still early in the game; it wasn't like they needed a touchdown at that time. 3 points would have given them something to show for their efforts, instead they were in the red zone at least 3 times last night and came away with nothing. Auburn D really stepped up in that game.

I really enjoyed a lot of the bowl games this year. Although I have limited access to regular season games (mostly PAC-10, MWC and WAC) I was previously amazed at the Oregon, Boise State and TCU offenses. At least TCU came up with some defense in their bowl game.

I hate the lack of "down by contact" rule that allowed Dyer to keep running on that last Auburn drive. Don't get me wrong, Oregon knows the rules and should have kept him down. My problem is that rule inevitably results in injuries to the runners and receivers as more aggressive action on the part of the defense results.

Auburn owned the play for the most part and deserved to win but they could have easily lost. For instance if Fairley had been properly called for the facemask on LaMichael James on Oregon's 2nd last drive. Me thinks after that game some of the NFL coaches will reconsider if they can train Fairley so that he isn't a liability.

And that's about all I have to say about that.

Mike Cassidy

The opposite of more miles is

... .....

:thumbsup:

Grammatically, it should be Fewer Miles. :)

Looking at ESPN, Les Miles will not be going to Michigan, which surprised me to see.

I was prepared to celebrate if Michigan landed Miles, but from what I understand, it ain't gonna happen. Michigan's AD doesn't want him there for some reason. Well, if Michigan feels they have the luxury of passing on winning coaches like that, then they get what they asked for, another 3 years like the previous 3.

I was prepared to celebrate if Michigan landed Miles, but from what I understand, it ain't gonna happen. Michigan's AD doesn't want him there for some reason. Well, if Michigan feels they have the luxury of passing on winning coaches like that, then they get what they asked for, another 3 years like the previous 3.

Huh? Wha? I'm reading on the innerweb that Miles turned down the maze & blue. What's with the MI AD?

Brady Hoke

:Cool:

It wouldn't bother me one bit. He coached a SDSU team that was going to make a serious impact on the Mountain West for some time to come. I don't mind more competition for the AFA but with BSU, Nevada, and Hawaii among others coming into the conference it'll be nice to see coach Hoke ply his trade elsewhere.

Huh? Wha? I'm reading on the innerweb that Miles turned down the maze & blue. What's with the MI AD?

Whip opposite of More miles is Fewer kilometers?

Miles technically didn't turn down UM because they didn't officially offer him the job. Les loves UM and bleeds blue like I bleed purple. He wouldn't give them a black eye of failing to land a second coach in a week. You dont fly two jets into BTR unless the purpose was to sign Miles. No offer=no rejection. But make no mistake, Miles turned down Michigan.

UM fans have been hanging out on the LSU forums and were classy, polite, informative and gracious. I hope Hoke does well for them.

UM fans are in pain these days.

I hope this Hoke guy is up to the task. Coaching at Michigan is no small thing. You MUST beat Iowa, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Ohio State, and if that wasn't bad enough, Nebraska just joined the mix! If you cannot do that, you are by definition skating on thin ice.

You can blow off the bowl game if it isn't for a National Championship, but you had better dominate the Big 10 and the teams mentioned above. All other teams are a given, Michigan had better win over all other conference opponents with the occasional exception of Purdue, a school that puts together a very good team every few years.

Dangit! I really wanted Harbough or Les Miles. Michigan is making me awfully sick. OK, let's see what Hoke can do. My other favorite college football team, USC, is in the dumps too these days.

He'd better step up and win right away or methinks they'll find words to rhyme with his last name.

Good luck to him and hope he beats OSU every year.

My other favorite college football team, USC...

You're a Spurrier fan?

:grin:

Uh, no, the other USC. The University of Southern California Trojans :thumbsup: Yeah, that USC!

I guess this is the other reason I backed Auburn in the National Title game. Oregon? No way!

Archived