IGNORED

College Football 2010

beemerman2k

At the time, worst defeat in the Big House.

We also lost to them by two when our starting QB (Danny McManus who went on the write record book in CFL) got concussed and played the game not knowing what wuz up.

Wouldn't happen today as he would be removed by medical staff.

Eerie similarities.

Jimbo ;oses 2nd game and big to a top opponent who scores at will.

Bobby lost second game to Miami who scored on nine of first ten possessions.

Maybe Jimbo has a 388 more up his sleeve too.

:)

Go Buckeyes!!!!

no, no, no.....that just won't do....We need a team in the championship game that can compete against the SEC....second thought....can we say NOBODY.....

:lurk:

Go Buckeyes!!!!

no, no, no.....that just won't do....We need a team in the championship game that can compete against the SEC....second thought....can we say NOBODY.....

:lurk:

What division is Miami in again???

Go Buckeyes!!!!

Oh no...another Buckeye...

I guess I'll have to grin and bear it until...Saturday, November 27th, baby!

Judgement day :Cool:

At least the Big 10 make a lot more TV money losing than the SEC does winning. :) Especailly after NEB joins next year and they add a championship game.

Alabama isn't unbeatable. They still only scored 24 on Penn State who struggled with a freshman QB. A struggling offense puts even more pressure on the defense. If OSU or Iowa keep improving and can end the season with undefeated or with 1 close loss, they'll give 'Bama a good run in Jan.

He** everyone could screw up and lose a couple games and we'll see BSU playing TCU for the national championship... for the lowest rated national chmpionship game in 20 years. :) Shoot me now.

Go Buckeyes!!!!

Was just up in Ann Arbor over the weekend. I love that place. But Jim Tressel and the Buckeye machine will enjoy kicking some Meechigan but once again.

Go Buckeyes!!!!

ya... to decide who plays in the Orange Bowl, since Iowa will have handed both UofM and OSU a loss in Kinnick Stadium. :grin:

I'm still smarting from a Florida State at Michigan game that took place sometime in the early 90's. The 'Noles ran roughshot all over Michigan stadium that day. They made it look easy! Payback would be nice, but I am not eager for a rematch for fear of reliving that experience.

Now, paying the Colorado Buffalo's back was sweet indeed!

I was at that game! #1 FSU vs. #3 Michigan in 1991 - my first and last time at Michigan Stadium. Michigan and Desmond knocked off Notre Dame earlier in the year and were moving up the ranks. At the game, I'm sitting in the midst of a bunch of Maize and Blue with my Garnet and Gold on, Grbac throws a pass to the flats to his right (in front of me - great seats), and I immediately jump up and yell "Interception...Touchdown - Woohoooo!!!" while the ball was still in the air. T-Buck was nice enough to make me good on my word. Second play of the game, and the rest is history. Why I wasn't taken out back and beaten is why I think Michigan has some of the nicest fans in the world.

51-31, yeah, I remember that one - Sod Game. To many Noles fans that was their greatest game ever.

This is really helping to heal my wounds, fellas. Thanks a lot! :rolleyes: :grin:

I did, however, become a Bobby Bowden after that game. How could I not? He had a very impressive program.

Classic tee-shirt, Matt!

Unfortunately for you, Florida hasn't given me the nightmarish experiences that Florida State has, so I take that shirt as a complement.

The thing that traditionally turned me off with the Gators was Steve Spurrier. I know he's a great coach and all, but the guy came off to me as such a whiner on the sidelines! Really. Urban Meyer was much more to my liking.

At least the Big 10 make a lot more TV money losing than the SEC does winning. :) Especailly after NEB joins next year and they add a championship game.

Alabama isn't unbeatable. They still only scored 24 on Penn State who struggled with a freshman QB. A struggling offense puts even more pressure on the defense. If OSU or Iowa keep improving and can end the season with undefeated or with 1 close loss, they'll give 'Bama a good run in Jan.

He** everyone could screw up and lose a couple games and we'll see BSU playing TCU for the national championship... for the lowest rated national chmpionship game in 20 years. :) Shoot me now.

Ummm, BANG! Sorry, couldn't help myself. :grin:

Go Buckeyes!!!!

Right after they get their stuff handed to them in AahWuh City on the 20th of November.!

Never realized what a salesman Tommy Tuberville is. The whole time Leach was here, I only saw him a couple of times outside of a game. I met Tuberville the first week he was here. He's been very visible at alumni games and is all into Twitter his new website: http://maskedraider.com/main.html#/home

He beats UT tomorrow night on national TV and this place will be a zoo, again.

Michigan gave up 20, 4th quarter points to UMass to just squeak by with a 42-37 win. Disgusting. In the Big House no less :cry:

Yes, it's a win, but in many respects, UMass certainly did not lose.

That Michigan Defense is going to sink what could otherwise have been a good season.

It was closer than you think, folks. AF outgained OU in total yardage and lost a red zone fumble otherwise the Sooners would be crying in their beer.

As a long time fan I fear this upcoming game against WY is the proverbial "trap game." I hope not as I feel my favorite college team is destined for better things in '10.

Go Falcons! :thumbsup:

Go Buckeyes!!!!

A week to late, Bucky is going to dismantle M on the 20th.

What an ending to that Notre Dame @ Michigan State game! Wow! I love this sport.

Iowa better step it up a few notches. Arizona is on top 21-7 in the 2nd quarter. A little early in the season to see Hannabone silenced. Hey 'Bone, consider it a present from "snow flake" :wave:

........eH.........

it's a long season.

I haven't even watched the game yet - guess i'll hafta have my puke bucket handy and near me -

This one was very much a flex game for Iowa.

very Hot - late night (*for us midwesterners*) savage place to play.

The game result isn't any surprise back here - we thought we might squeak by, maybe -

but the first half looked to be waaaaaaaaaaaay too many

spot points to make up.

We'll be back...jus' watch.

We'll prolly take out our frustration on "snow-flake's team". :)

........eH.........

it's a long season.

I haven't even watched the game yet - guess i'll hafta have my puke bucket handy and near me -

This one was very much a flex game for Iowa.

very Hot - late night (*for us midwesterners*) savage place to play.

The game result isn't any surprise back here - we thought we might squeak by, maybe -

but the first half looked to be waaaaaaaaaaaay too many

spot points to make up.

We'll be back...jus' watch.

We'll prolly take out our frustration on "snow-flake's team". :)

1013485574_KMQTN-M.jpg

Beardown baby

Well Iowa cleaned up in the 2nd half... but giving up 21 easy points in the 1st was too much to recover from. The last 2 series, the O and D lines were just worn out. What's amazing still however is that the game seemed lost after the 1st 1/2 but they nearly pulled it off.

Funny thing... there's still a good shot Iowa sees Arizona again in a Rose Bowl. I hope this becomes a springboard to run roughshot all over the PAC10. That would at least be a consolation, to lose to a team that becomes ranked in the top 10 by the end of the season.

Iowa has lot of things to work on in the Big 10 season to get it's magic back.

By that same line of thought, I really wanted Notre Dame to beat Michigan State last night. If ND goes, you know, 4-6 or something, then that Michigan win won't mean much at all.

OK, the trash talk gauntlet has been laid. In this very thread, there have been volleys launched at Michigan from Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Iowa fans. Nothing yet from a Nittany Lion or a Michigan State Spartan(!), but I'm sure they're on the way.

And I wouldn't have it any other way, either. Now we have the makings of some serious victory talk and pie in the face caliber games :thumbsup:

It was closer than you think, folks. AF outgained OU in total yardage and lost a red zone fumble otherwise the Sooners would be crying in their beer.

As a long time fan I fear this upcoming game against WY is the proverbial "trap game." I hope not as I feel my favorite college team is destined for better things in '10.

Go Falcons! :thumbsup:

I so badly wanted to see AFA beat OU. At HQ of the AF Reserve Command I work with several former players. Having lunch with one on Friday he told me AF will score on OU, the questions is can they hold OU down enough. Unortunately didn't work out but I was proud of the guys. They are my second team behind my LSU Tigers.

Texas didn't look like a #5 last night, but they'll probably continue to get better. Tech had just over a 100 yards of offense in the game, we were used to seeing that in a quarter with Leach.

I've been thinking that Nebraska is over rated so far, we'll see when the Big 12 gets started. Sounds like they were pretty stout yesterday.

Mark Ingram is better than last year.

Trent Richardson is better than last year.

Greg McElroy, Julio Jones, Dont'a Hightower,....

I may as well say it, Bama is better than last year. I don't say this because Duke held them to 62 points, but because of what I've seen in the details over the last three games.

Our real season starts Saturday. Look out Fayetteville, The Tide's rollin' into town.

Texas didn't look like a #5 last night, but they'll probably continue to get better. Tech had just over a 100 yards of offense in the game, we were used to seeing that in a quarter with Leach.

Even though the guy had our number, I miss Leach. Texas Tech will too. I felt that Tech really hung him out to dry, but in retrospect all they did was give him the rope and he took care of the rest. What did I expect a pirate to do? Back down when he was right? NEVER!

I've been thinking that Nebraska is over rated so far, we'll see when the Big 12 gets started. Sounds like they were pretty stout yesterday.

:eek: I think the Huskers just ran in another TD. ;)

They were very stout on the ground Saturday. Punishing running game, just like the good old days.

I'll deny saying it later, but I think they might be a little over rated too. I remember the championship teams well, and those guys would eat this team's lunch. If we keep improving, we could be up there at the end of the season, but there's a lot of room for stumbles between now and then. When we beat Texas on October 16th I'll be a believer. Until then I'm not to worried about our ranking.

Mark Ingram is better than last year.

Trent Richardson is better than last year.

Greg McElroy, Julio Jones, Dont'a Hightower,....

I may as well say it, Bama is better than last year. I don't say this because Duke held them to 62 points, but because of what I've seen in the details over the last three games.

Our real season starts Saturday. Look out Fayetteville, The Tide's rollin' into town.

Bama is primed for a repeat. they're just getting back to "full" strength.

I am very worried about Michigan this weekend. At the start of the season, I figured a game against Bowling Green would be a good one for them to practice their plays on. Now, and especially given that awful defense, I think Bowling Green can win this game. So I'm kinda dreading this Saturday. If Michigan loses, I won't be surprised. They are barely managing to stay ranked even now.

I am very worried about Michigan this weekend. At the start of the season, I figured a game against Bowling Green would be a good one for them to practice their plays on. Now, and especially given that awful defense, I think Bowling Green can win this game. So I'm kinda dreading this Saturday. If Michigan loses, I won't be surprised. They are barely managing to stay ranked even now.

Are you Kidding? Bowling Green?! C,mon, it's Big Blue! It can't be all that bad.

And speaking of managing to stay ranked, how about them Gators? They must have low friends in high places to be in the top ten. :grin:

Okay, in the spirit of football season, I am sharing some FOOTBALL TRUTHS that I received from a co-worker. I changed the names of a few teams to be mean. :wave:

....It’s that time of the year and we need to remember a few things about some of the more famous (?) football teams .

(1) What does the average Alabama player get on his SATs?

........Drool.

(2) What do you get when you put 32 West Virginia cheerleaders in one room?

........A full set of teeth.

(3) How do you get a Wisconsin cheerleader into your dorm room?

........Grease her hips and push.

(4) How do you get an Ohio State graduate off your porch?

.........Pay him for the pizza.

(5) How do you know if an Alabama football player has a girlfriend?

......There is tobacco spit on both sides of his pickup.

(6) Why is the Kentucky football team like a possum?

....Because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.

(7) What are the longest three years of a Texas Longhorn football player's life?

........His freshman year.

(8) How many Florida freshmen does it take to change a light bulb?

........None. That's a sophomore course.

(9) Where was O. J. Headed in the white Bronco?

....... Durham, North Carolina. He knew that the police would never look at Duke for a Heisman Trophy winner.

(10) How do you keep an BYU football player out of your front yard?

. . . . . . . Erect a goal post!

AND FINALLY (drum roll and cymbal clash).....

(11) Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color?

........You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

My TCU Horned Frogs had another great game, so nothing to complain about here. Wish Tech had prevailed over Texas, they looked good in the first half.

Finally, its a good thing that Dallas-Fort Worth have SMU and TCU, because the Dallas Cowboys suck big time. :P

Are you Kidding? Bowling Green?! C,mon, it's Big Blue! It can't be all that bad.

And speaking of managing to stay ranked, how about them Gators? They must have low friends in high places to be in the top ten. :grin:

I think it is all that bad. Michigan's QB, Denard Robinson, is the difference here, and he's a very unusual talent. Take him out of the picture and Michigan is 0-3, or at best 1-3 (assuming they beat UConn). UMass (although most people in this state don't even know the state college has a football team!) scored 20 4th quarter points to pull within 5 of winning the game at Michigan! Bowling Green just scored 44 points on Marshall University. And although Marshall hasn't won a game yet this season, that's still no easy feat to accomplish.

So that Michigan defense had better get with the program NOW, because these are supposed to be the easy games. Wait until October 9th, just 2 weeks from this Saturday, when Michigan hosts Michigan State!

The fall off that high horse is gonna hurt really bad Danny boy

I just wanted to see whom I draw out first, you or Bill. :grin:

I just wanted to see whom I draw out first, you or Bill. :grin:

what they really need is more LEO friends. :rofl:

I just wanted to see whom I draw out first

Alabama is more RANK than Florida...I could have told you that without you having to admit it :grin:....but now it's out in the open I truly hope you feel better Danny....I only wonder what the folks in Alabama think of a Florida resident calling them RANK...hummm

Can you feel it?!

#1 Alabama @ #10 Arkansas

#16 Stanford @ Notre Dame

Temple @ #23 Penn St.

#12 S Carolina @ #17 Auburn

#24 Oregon St. @ #3 Boise St.

#22 West Virginia @ 15 LSU

#California @ #14 Arizona

#5 Oregon @ Arizona St.

You KNOW there will be an upset among these ranks. Who on this list is most likely to fall?

I think Stanford is most likely to be upset tomorrow.

You left out TCU v SMU.

I'm watching this, a better game than one might expect. 11:24 left in the fourth, & SMU is chasing a scared rabbit. TCU wins, but it's a wake up call for 'em.

And don'tcha know, that's what college football is all about.

Yes, I was enjoying the first 3 quarters and I'm bummed SMU couldn't hang on to keep it close. They did surprise me, although my heart fell after SMU scored 7, kicked off, and TCU had that 83 yard return. After that, TCU just walked away with it.

I'm going to change my vote, I think SC is going to have the hardest time avoiding an upset to Auburn than any other games played tomorrow. And yes, I'm still worried about Michigan.

Can you feel it?!

#1 Alabama @ #10 Arkansas

#16 Stanford @ Notre Dame

Temple @ #23 Penn St.

#12 S Carolina @ #17 Auburn

#24 Oregon St. @ #3 Boise St.

#22 West Virginia @ 15 LSU

#California @ #14 Arizona

#5 Oregon @ Arizona St.

You KNOW there will be an upset among these ranks. Who on this list is most likely to fall?

I think Stanford is most likely to be upset tomorrow.

Stnaford is very solid. ND is in flux. s/b a decent game.

What do you do if you're the Michigan State Athletic Director and your football head coach, Dantonio, suffers a heart attack? Don't you want to find a new head coach? Assuming Dantonio still wants the job, do you want to risk having a head coach who might just keel over and die on the sidelines? Were something like that to happen, that would bring bad press to Michigan State and to College Football entirely!

I can see the headlines now:

"Intense Pressure Leads Head Coaches to Die on Sidelines" Does College Football need a fundamental restructuring?

"Parent Groups Calls for College Football to Adopt T-Ball Policy" Why have winners and losers? Why keep score at all? Can't they all just build up each others self esteem?

"Alabama Stripped of #1 Status Because of Violence" Arkansas players complain to conference board, "their players actually roughed me up out there! This is supposed to be a friendly match!"

"Why Can't They All Play like Michigan's Defense Does?" a worried public asks. "That defense never hurt anyone" :cry:

Archived