IGNORED

College Football 2010

beemerman2k

It's possible, but unlikely. Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit picked Nebraska / Oklahoma for the Big 12 championship with the winner playing for the national title.

The Huskers are returning most of last year's starters, but our offense was terrible most of last year so I'm not sure that's really good news. Then again, defense wins championships and we should have a great one of those.

2010's schedule strength

Ohio State at #61

Texas #62

Nebraska #76

Boise State #87

They would seem to have an easier road than some other contenders.

Don't even ask about TCU

:/

Will Houston #95 run the table?

Great offense an QB...

These rankings take into account a number of factors beyond last year's W/L record.

Nice n Easy Rider

Well, with the 9th toughest schedule in the country ('Bama is their 2nd game), if Duke can become bowl-eligible (first time in more than a decade) it will say a lot for David Cutcliffe, his coaches, and his players. But they really have a hard road ahead of them. At least they have some fan support - sold out their season tickets for the first time in years.

I look forward to Bama @ LSU. That should be another great game.

I just wish Michigan could lure LSU's head coach back home :cry:

You'll get Lane Kiffin after he gets sacked by USC.

And like it

After the Rodriguez era, I probably will like it. Nothing to lose anyhow.

Well, with the 9th toughest schedule in the country ('Bama is their 2nd game), if Duke can become bowl-eligible (first time in more than a decade) it will say a lot for David Cutcliffe, his coaches, and his players. But they really have a hard road ahead of them. At least they have some fan support - sold out their season tickets for the first time in years.

was just going to comment on that. i'm skipping the bama game. tix for sale! that says a lot about the ACC.

bama is actually the 3rd game. 2nd game at wake. hoping duke is 4-1 after maryland game. it's possible.

It will be successful season for me if:

Navy beats Army.

USC beats Notre Dame

Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo (div. II) has a winning season.

JohnnyJ

I look forward to Bama @ LSU. That should be another great game.

I just wish Michigan could lure LSU's head coach back home :cry:

You'll get Lane Kiffin after he gets sacked by USC.

And like it

After the Rodriguez era, I probably will like it. Nothing to lose anyhow.

Sometimes I wish Michigan would lure Miles. But Husker Red better hope not because Bo would be our first choice and he would bolt for the bayou in a heartbeat! Sorry Red but you started the smack...

It will be successful season for me if:

Navy beats Army.

USC beats Notre Dame

Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo (div. II) has a winning season.

JohnnyJ

Vote yesterday took USC's 2004 Grantland Rice trophy away.

Football writers voted to rescind title.

bye bye to buy buy title

Sometimes I wish Michigan would lure Miles. But Husker Red better hope not because Bo would be our first choice and he would bolt for the bayou in a heartbeat! Sorry Red but you started the smack...

I don't think so. He doesn't look as happy in purple as he does in Red. :)

Bo_Pelini_extreme_closeup_and_extremely_angry.jpg

bo-pelini-yelling.jpg

2010's schedule strength

Ohio State at #61

Texas #62

Nebraska #76

Boise State #87

They would seem to have an easier road than some other contenders.

Don't even ask about TCU

:/

Will Houston #95 run the table?

Great offense an QB...

These rankings take into account a number of factors beyond last year's W/L record.

I'm just glad my Frogs are in the conversation. :Cool:

As was discussed ad nauseum last year, its hard for the schools in "lower tier conferences" to get challenging match ups. It is also hard to predict which schools will have strong teams when the schedules are put together. I'm looking forward to the Oregon game, though. :lurk::grin:

Sharon,

That is why I'd like to see a "playoff' via scheduling of season's games.

If TCU finishes Xst/nd/rd/th in the conference, an automatic game for the next season is scheduled, or, perhaps 2-3 games.

These games against teams in other conferences who finish in similar position in their own conference would sort out the teams and conferences for that year.

If the SEC goes 10-2 vs ACC teams that year, obvious that SEC was better. So BCS bowl bids would reflect, head to head, conference strength, overall record of team and schedule strength.

A 13-0 TCU team would have beated at least one team from 2 or 3 other conferences that were at the top of their league.

As Brian said earlier, not likely to happen, but I'd love to see it.

We've had mediocre seasons 4 of past 5 years.

But our schedule for that time period was near the top in difficulty.

We did beat 'Bama and thump Wisonsin, BYU, UCLA, among others from other conferences, but lost to Florida, USF< AMONG OTHERS FROM OUTSIDE OUR CONFERENCE>

I wish it wasn't just up to the schedules made XX years ago.

How many remeber that the last two time we played USC, there and here, we beat them?

Great interconference scheduling, they were on the way back up and we were on the way down.

I hope your Frogs have a great year and we play them for the title.

:eek:

Ooops, just woke up.

:grin:

the frogs will be the thorn, or wart, in the bcs matrix this year.

another note...enjoying these highly ranked high school games the last cupla days on espn. serious football.

LSU vs. Alabama......Geaux Tigers...Although they are going to be tough to beat this year, I would love to see Alabama with at least two loses. (The other lose to the Gators)

There's always next year. And the next. And...

Uh oh...Mark Ingram has a knee injury...:cry:

The sharks smell blood in the water; things could get treacherous in the SEC this fall :Cool:

COULD? James, you need to come down here and let us show you around... The smack is already flying on the local sports shows... :wave:
Uh oh...Mark Ingram has a knee injury...:cry:

The sharks smell blood in the water; things could get treacherous in the SEC this fall :Cool:

COULD? James, you need to come down here and let us show you around... The smack is already flying on the local sports shows... :wave:

You don't know how much I would like that. I could really enjoy this sport if I lived down there :thumbsup:

Well let's get rockin and rumblin, then!

This Saturday afternoon at 3:30PM, Michigan hosts UConn. When this game was scheduled, no doubt Michigan saw it as a practice game to warm up for Notre Dame on the following weekend. Now? I think UConn is actually favored to win it!

Well, it all begins this Saturday folks. About time, too!

Where's an Alabama fan when ya need one?....OH Danny... where are you...chomp,chomp....

Since someone (no names)^^^ won't be at BRR because of a college football game (won't mention which one) I am predicting a loss by the team supported by the (no-named person)^^^....If the (un-named) person wishes to reply to this post I might be willing (fat chance) to entertain (his)^^^ thoughts and reasons why I maybe wrong on my prediction of the out come of this game.

SMACK SMACK...... :lurk:

There will be a football special on the Big Ten network tonight where the Big TeN is expected to announce the new divisions for next season. Personally, here are a couple things I'd like to see:

-Ohio St. and Michigan in the East division playing late in the season. Although they won't ever play each other in the Big 10 championship game I think it's more important they play each other every year.

-Nebraska vs. Iowa in the West division and playing at the end of the year. It could be "Farmageddon" and has the makings of a big rivalry game.

My guess:

East division = Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan, Michigan St, Indiana, Purdue

West Division: Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois

Here's a fun website where you can make up your own divisions:

Theory Nine division creator

Here's an alternate prediction that puts Michigan and Ohio State is different divisions. They'll still face off in the last game of the regular season, but they also have the potential to square off again in the Big 10 Conference Championship game.

I like this arrangement; I hope it's what comes to pass :thumbsup:

I'm not a fan of back to back rematches, particularly in the case of a conference championship. Both teams (possibly) could have already secured a birth in the conference championship before they play their final regular season game so everyone would know they will play again in a week. If one team clobbers the other who wants to watch the same game a week later?

Of course, this is all wild speculation because it looks like Michigan would be in the same division as Nebraska, thus ending any chance of Michigan even sniffing the conference championship game again. :P

Where's an Alabama fan when ya need one?....OH Danny... where are you...chomp,chomp....

Since someone (no names)^^^ won't be at BRR because of a college football game (won't mention which one) I am predicting a loss by the team supported by the (no-named person)^^^....If the (un-named) person wishes to reply to this post I might be willing (fat chance) to entertain (his)^^^ thoughts and reasons why I maybe wrong on my prediction of the out come of this game.

SMACK SMACK...... :lurk:

To steal a quote from Shawshank Redemption (which I happen to be watching now)..."you're talking out of your ass". :grin:

For those of you that aren't in the know, which pretty much is all of youz, Ingram played the latter of last season with a knee injury. The surgery was known to happen before last season was over. He's sitting out the opener, but be sure he'll be in for Penn State.

As for the Florida game....I have no doubts. My Tide WILL prevail.

Well, the divisions and schedules were announced and I got half my wish. Iowa / Nebraska for our last game of the regular season. That should be a fun rivalry.

After reviewing the schedules, looks like the "new kids" are getting a bit of a hazing. Nebraska's 2011 and 2012 conference schedules are nothing short of brutal - and exciting for Husker fans - as NU will play arguably the top six teams in the league: UM, OSU, UW, Iowa, PSU and MSU.

I am excited about the Michigan/OSU rivalry being preserved, but let's be honest, there is also a huge Michigan/Nebraska rivalry just under the radar. Ever since that '97 season in which the 2 schools had to share the National Championship there's been much speculation as to which school has the better team. So I am pleased we'll get to duke it out every fall as we'll be in the same division.

As of now, I expect Nebraska would get the better of Michigan, but hopefully when the two finally meet next year, Michigan will have a new head coach and be on it's way back to elite status among college football teams.

I hear that Saban will be looking, the NCAA is sniffing around 'Bama.

Or, maybe PC will want to return to the college ranks after getting Spurriered in the NFL.

Hey, Michigan would welcome either of those guys -- I hope. Of course, Saban at Michigan would be interesting given that he used to coach Michigan State, and I would love Carroll to come to Michigan. That would be a hoot!

So yet ANOTHER player has illegal dealings with an agent. A defensive end, & he gets suspended for two games. Why do I bring this up? Because he's a Bama player, & I'd rather be up front than answer questions later.

But I have to wonder...after all these years, and all the violations, are they really that stupid? Do they not see the players before them that got busted? It's beyond me how this happens year after year, no matter the team.

In any case, The Tide still rolls. :thumbsup:

Every preseason over the past 5-6 years the writers are always saying, "This will be the break out year for Pitt". Then the Panthers go out there and find a way to lose. Utah is no pushover, but #15 Pitt should have won that game. Frankly, I am not a Dave Wanstead guy; I don't believe he's that good a head coach. Defensive Coordinator? Sure. Head coach? No way.

Danny,

That agent is suspected of signing 14 of the current starters to contracts or providing benefits.

Should take about 6 months to sink the ship (but after the USC fiasco who knows?), Saban will bail, go to Michigan.

'Bama will hire a Bowden, just not Bobby.

4/1/11

It's beyond me how this happens year after year, no matter the team.

Good ole American GREEN BACKS....GREED...SHOW ME THE MONEY...POVERTY...FREE ENTERPRISE

Parents...Players...Coaches...Agents...NCAA...NFL...it does not matter who the why is always MONEY...

Until someone can figure out how to keep the kids in school for 4 years to fulfill thier "contract / scholarship" or make the problem a real crime or punishable by some real hefty fines like 50% of the proffessional contract payable up front to the college's NON-athletic funds for NON-athletic scholarships ONLY it will continue to happen...

'Bama will hire a Bowden, just not Bobby.

I don't like any of the Bowdens, whether they be in Florida, South Carolina, or Alabama. But if one of them infiltrates Tuscaloosa...that just rates as blasphemy on The Tide.

Nice n Easy Rider

Talk about the NCAA sniffing around. Carolina left 12 significant players behind for tomorrow's game with LSU because of either potential ineligibility related to the ongoing NCAA investigation (centered around inappropriate contact with agent) or an internal investigation related to academics. Not a great way to start your season. :(

Talk about the NCAA sniffing around. Carolina left 12 significant players behind for tomorrow's game with LSU because of either potential ineligibility related to the ongoing NCAA investigation (centered around inappropriate contact with agent) or an internal investigation related to academics. Not a great way to start your season. :(

I'm still very uneasy about this one. I have 6 extra Tigers in my house this wekend. In from La for the game...

And Georgia has aplayer out because of an internet speculation.

NCAA still investigating if he was in Miami.

Meanwhile, Masoli is eligible, wait, ineligible, wait eligible.

Circus time.

Off to tailgate.

Go Noles!

Just returned from the Florida/Miami (Ohio) game. Boy was that a difficult game to watch. Even though they won, the Offense was absolutely horrible. 25 total yards at the end of the third quarter. Offensive line needs a lot of work. Injuries, young players took its toll. Pouncy (center) rolled the ball to Brantley at least five times if not more. The defense saved the offense's butts even though I would only give the defense a "C" in performance. Lots of work for the coaching staff. Oh, did I mention the horrible offensive play calling.

Looks like Auburn is going to handle Arkansas State. I sure would hate to see UNC at full strength, even though it looks like LSU will win (30 to 10 at half time). Oregon, TCU a good one so far, 21-21 in the third. Florida State did well. Alabama? Does anybody care? :grin:

My TCU FROGS are off to a good start with a win over Oregon State, 30-21. I thought Andy Dalton showed a lot of poise and focus in response to the two :P pass interceptions. The defense played well, but the offensive line was pretty darn good!

Edit: Rah-rah, TCU! :Cool:

Oklahoma was almost the upset of the weekend. Utah State came within 1 touchdown of tying the game.

Michigan made me proud today, but they also left me with some grave concerns. Their defense is very pourous, and if UConn were a stronger team, they would have given Michigan hell. As it is, they were their own worse enemy out there today. Iowa, OSU, Penn State, Michigan State, and Ohio State, let alone Notre Dame next weekend, are not going to play like the amateurs UConn looked like today. I also hope Michigan has more than a one dimensional "Our QB will just rush a couple hundred yards and put some points on the board" offensive attack.

'Noles sure looked good.

Next weekend is show time. Actually, I am looking forward to Monday night's Boise State at Virginia Tech game.

I used to believe trial lawyers were the scourge of the planet. Sports agents have now elevated them to near sainthood.

I hope by "trial lawyers" you mean "plaintiff's attorneys." I thought we was friends. . . :cry:

:grin:

Archived