IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

I saw LW Perform here. I never knew the rich history of the place. I will admit, think I was under age when I got in that night but hey, if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. :classic_biggrin: I do remember (and this might sound weird) but Leslie made eye contact with me for a second while he was playing. Probably thinking, that kid shouldn’t be in here! :/

You shoulda grow'd up in the south, underage,...can you reach over the bar?

Dad would pop a roll of quarters in my hand so's I could play pinball and pool all night while he drank away.  Sometimes, I'd have to drive him home,.....10-12 or so

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

That song comes up often in my rotation, I really like it. It is not for everyone, that is for sure. And sometimes even I switch it off for another time.

When my daughter heard it for the first time not knowing what it was, she said she wasn't sure she liked it. I said, well, it's a harsh, truthful  song named Heroin, so you might not...

• Smile 1
39 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

That song comes up often in my rotation, I really like it. It is not for everyone, that is for sure. And sometimes even I switch it off for another time.

When my daughter heard it for the first time not knowing what it was, she said she wasn't sure she liked it. I said, well, it's a harsh, truthful  song named Heroin, so you might not...

Well, could Cocaine be a gateway drug to heroin 

A favorite song of my wife's. She can't help but bounce to this song, even though she never did the Peruvian marching powder.

For me, cocaine did not lead to heroin (luckily!), but alcohol did eventually lead to weed, then white  crosses, then mushrooms, then LSD, then cocaine. Ran out of money for cocaine, so stuck with the alcohol. And weed sometimes. And mushrooms occasionally.

But no heroin!

• Like 1

And of course, a straight up song of no way out from its clutches. I did not know it was about heroin for many years. I'm a bit naive at times.

18 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Nothing says 80's music like heavy synthesizer and electronic drums!

You missed the "electronic" guitars and "electronic" bass,......and that be real drums, not 'lectric.

But you right, the sound of the early 80's "progressive/pop" is heavy with synths and pad drums

• Like 1