IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

RandyShields

I’m back with some kids playing country/bluegrass music.  This is the Cotton Picken Kids doing I’ll Fly Away, one of my favorite Ol’ Timey tunes from Oh Brother Where Art Thou.  I had not heard of them and it came up on my YouTube feed.  The first 1:12 is horribly slow, but skip to that point and the beat picks up.  This is maybe not as good as the Gillian Welch and Alison Krauss version, but these kids are fantastic. Lots of sweet harmonies with many instruments, including a banjo, regular and resonator guitars, violins, and mandolin Just ignore dad in the back on the bass.  He is not a kid.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
AnotherLee

Oh my. What a singer. Out of the park, over the fence, beyond... words.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Dennis Andress

This woman’s voice deserves a lot of clear watts… And, please, find somewhere that streams more bits than YouTube.

• Like 2
On 3/7/2024 at 6:19 PM, Dennis Andress said:

This woman’s voice deserves a lot of clear watts… And, please, find somewhere that streams more bits than YouTube.

I suddenly need a cocktail to go with this.

• Plus 1 1
Skywagon

Been listening to Eva for years....hard to believe she passed away so early.  I've probably got 5-6 or her songs in my playlist.

RandyShields
On 3/11/2024 at 12:31 PM, AnotherLee said:

Can you dig it?

Yeah man.  Beautiful voices coming together!

Hosstage

We used to crank Teenage Wasteland, I mean Baba O'Riley, often at a friend's house. His brother had a sweet 70's stereo set up and we'd abuse the hell out of it.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Appropriately enough, my iPod chose a work song for my commute this morning:

6 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Appropriately enough, my iPod chose a work song for my commute this morning:

I love when that happens.  Like when I'm riding in Texas near El Paso and Marty Robbins' - El Paso comes on or riding in Idaho and the B-52's - My Own Private Idaho comes on.  Both of these things happened to me with my ipod set to shuffle and I'm still wondering how a standard iPod without gps or a wifi connection knows where I am.

• Like 1
RandyShields
On 3/13/2024 at 2:38 PM, BrianT said:

I love when that happens.  Like when I'm riding in Texas near El Paso and Marty Robbins' - El Paso comes on or riding in Idaho and the B-52's - My Own Private Idaho comes on.  Both of these things happened to me with my ipod set to shuffle and I'm still wondering how a standard iPod without gps or a wifi connection knows where I am.

Happened once for me -- riding through the Green River Gorge area in NC and CCR's Green River started playing.  Very cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
John Ranalletta

Just replaced my phone and noticed tunes I'd purchased and hidden.  Forgot Gregory Porter's stuff in the pile.  Chill.

John Ranalletta

Pour a drink, dim the lights, sit back & listen.  Joe Pass & Red Mitchell.  Genius. 

• Like 2
John Ranalletta

"Fast Cars" is a long-time favorite and I wouldn't have thought pairing Tracy with Luke Combs would be magic.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...