IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 10/30/2023 at 8:34 PM, Rougarou said:

I like a lot of their stuff.  They did one of my favorite Bond themes:

Shirley Bassey did my other favorite:

Not a huge fan of the rest of her work, except for this collaboration she did with Propellerheads:

This was a fun rap collab with De La Soul from the same album:

3 hours ago, BrianT said:

Here's the other one by Zebra I liked.  Both are on my riding playlist.

Their debut was the best album:  Tell me what you want, as I said before, who's behind the door, take your fingers from my hair, The la la song,....all great. 

They were fairly big in the home state of Louisiana.

Next album, well, they had Bears,  wait until summers gone and no tellin lies,....I liked lullaby as well,......already see the downward trend and I didn't get any after that,. can't recall a song or album.

I never got to know my father.  He was a narcoleptic truck driver and back in the 70s they just prescribed him Bennies to hopefully stay awake.  Anywho, it didn’t quite work.  He crashed in 1973 just outside of San Bernardino, CA and died instantly.  Whenever I hear this song, I imagine him as a ghost driver picking up hitchhikers and dropping them off at the truck stop to get a hot cup of coffee.  

• Sad 2

That song and Teddy Bear.  My dad was a truck driver too.  One of my brothers did it for awhile but moved up his company's chain.

The late 70s had some awesome trucker tunes.

• Like 2
On 11/6/2023 at 8:02 PM, Rougarou said:

That song and Teddy Bear.  My dad was a truck driver too.  One of my brothers did it for awhile but moved up his company's chain.

The late 70s had some awesome trucker tunes.

1983-1995 was my full time trucking life. RIP! :classic_biggrin:
Paid the bills, afforded me to build a house and have a motorcycle so I’m grateful! :thumbsup:

• Smile 2

Had to look this one up, soundtrack from a video i posted in the GS section. It’s one of my favorites, saw Freddy King perform it live in Aspen early 70's but Joe and company do it better 50 years later, jam extraordinaire.

• Like 4

I've got quite a bit of Joey,.....underrated player, his name should be more recognizable, but many still have not heard of him.

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 11/17/2023 at 2:46 PM, Rougarou said:

I've got a lot of Metheny in my collection, but not enough Bowie.  They sound good together.

• Like 1

Omigosh,.....Doro Pesch and Rob Halford remade Total Eclipse of the Heart.

Halford is 72 and longtime lead singer for Judas Priest, four octave range.  Priest just released another album and will be touring in support.  Halford is known as the Metal God.

Doro Pesch is the Metal Queen.  She's stated she'll never marry as she's married to her music.  I memba buying the first Warlock cassette with her back when women in metal were not a "thing".  Doro opened the doors for so many women to delve into the metal world.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Hosstage said:

One of my all time favorites. I can still remember driving around with this playing on the 8-Track.

Don't forget it was part of the Fast Times at Ridgemont High soundtrack too!!

And how Ocasek landed Paulina will be one of lifes great mysteries.

• Thinking 1
2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Don't forget it was part of the Fast Times at Ridgemont High soundtrack too!!

And how Ocasek landed Paulina will be one of lifes great mysteries.

That was a rather iconic scene!

Doesn't anybody knock anymore?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

That was a rather iconic scene!

Doesn't anybody knock anymore?

So you almost have that movie memorized too!!!

And yet none of the members live in California,.....just shows that "it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there" mentality :18:

Anyway, here's what popped up this morning

11 hours ago, Rougarou said:

And yet none of the members live in California,.....just shows that "it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there" mentality 

Son, stop drinking that Bud Light

Your starting to lean a bit to the Left & expecting others to do your Fact Checking

29 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Son, stop drinking that Bud Light

Your starting to lean a bit to the Left & expecting others to do your Fact Checking

Again, none live in California.  I read about the rocker compound this morning and also looked up where the members of the band live, all live in Ireland, none live in California, so , again, a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there mentality.

The compound would have been an investment of building mansions,....that's with an "s".

Quit getting all hurt that more people decided not to live in California, it's your paradise, and that's fine, it's not everyone elses cup of taxes.  The geography of the state does not outweigh everything else that's wrong with it.

• Plus 1 1

https://www.today.com/news/u2s-edge-loses-bid-malibu-mansions-wbna43439564

A plan by U2's lead guitarist, the Edge, and his associates to build several mansions overlooking the Pacific Ocean was denied Thursday by California officials.

If that doesn't say "investment", I don't know what does.  Ya, one would be his home, but the rest would be investment.

I post humor and you take it personal.  Dude, it's a geographic location, nothing more.  You're happy to live there, good on ya.  I'm proud to be from Louisiana, but I will never, ever live there again,....it's a nice place to visit, but I'm not living there.  NC is ok and I'm here because it's the last place I was stationed.  Had Okinawa been the last place, I'd likely be there.