IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

5 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

This might help your confusion Eric....

No corn fusion.

The thinking Emoji was for wonderment.  

I wonder if a guy who made a career of chasing the bad guys suddenly developed an alto ego & wanted to come back on the other side of the law for a change of pace:rofl: 

18 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

No corn fusion.

The thinking Emoji was for wonderment.  

I wonder if a guy who made a career of chasing the bad guys suddenly developed an alto ego & wanted to come back on the other side of the law for a change of pace:rofl: 

No, not switching sides...... just enjoying the artists of my youth:clap:..... before Autotune and metronomes created crap like we have now.

Unfortunately, Heroin took many incredible talents from us in the 70's and 80's, including Phil. His band was one of the most underrated of the time.

Dennis Andress
On 9/17/2023 at 6:33 PM, Indy Dave said:

We're sitting here (in an undisclosed location- scouting) minding our own business....and have this disc playing.

20230917_203022.thumb.jpg.ade784b759ede49dea7ad5aa7933269d.jpg

But apart from the obvious Sultans of Swing - The Wild West End and The Gallery - the last two tracks on the ALBUM (it was an album before there were discs. And mp3s). But I digress.

Both terrific.

4 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Speaking of youth… I discovered Stunt road in 1974. How about you?

Got my license in '77, Stunt road a couple years after....might of raced down Mulholland a bit before that:revit:

I got my permit in 75 & it’s a good thing you weren’t on the beat yet because more then once I MIGHT HAVE ridden @ night with a passenger on the 101…

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Speaking of youth… I discovered Stunt road in 1974. How about you?

9 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Got my license in '77, Stunt road a couple years after....might of raced down Mulholland a bit before that:revit:

hijack: Summer of '65 I helped an (older) buddy drive a nice 356SC from Daytona to LA where he was delivering it to a customer (Paris Hilton's dad but she wasn't around then : ) After we got there they hung around together a couple days and a friend of his put me up in Laurel Canyon, but he left me the car. I cruised the strip some, went to Malibu and hung out at state beach. Raced a couple Ferrari's up and down Sunset but one day came flying around the sweeper by Will Rogers SP and sprinklers had soaked down the road,  it did a snap spin l80 ended up going backwards a ways but stayed in my lane.. No collateral damage but scared a few peeps including me, it was the first of several times I've done that in a Porsche (on public roads : )

We left New Orleans after getting sloshed at Pat O'Brien's and drove straight thru listening to Wolfman Jack on the AM Blaupunkt all the way across Texas and New Mexico. There were many but for some reason only remember this one at 2am coming down the long grade into Albuquerque on Rt 66. 

After the Porsche was gone 4 of us drove a van down to Baja and camped/surfed at K39 and listened mostly to this for 3 days on the 8 track.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

it did a snap spin l80 and ended up backwards but stayed in my lane.

I saw that on the 57 (don’t remember the car brand but it was a bit sporty). 

Glad you’ve managed to keep the rubber side down & shiny side up & I hope you thoroughly washed the driver seat before turning over the car to Hilton :grin:

• Smile 1

before auto tune.... and if you are a Top Gun fan.  And if you are an old timer like me....a little dab will do ya....if you know what that means.

• Like 5

Peter Gabriel is working on a new album.  He is releasing each song in two versions.  He has two producers/engineers working on their own version of each song.  They are labeled Brightside and Darkside, like our Moon.  Interesting listening to determine the differences in each version.  So far 9 lunar cycles.  Peter Gabriel

• Like 4

For those of you that don't like most of my vocalist choices,.....no vocals on this track,.....Just Nita, shredding it.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, AnotherLee said:

That was absolutely precious.  I was grinning the whole time.   Thanks for that.

• Plus 1 1
3 hours ago, Red said:

Yuck.

You just heard screaming, you didn't hear the vocal instrument, but that's ok, some of us listen to damn near everything.

Some folks don't like the sound of Tchaikovsky or Bach or the tenor of Pavarotti.  Some think that Bob Dylans voice goes straight to the bone like grinding brakes, some don't think the Beatles are "all that".  Some think that blues is boring. 

I'ma listen to everything, almost, from Leo Kottke to Rush to Enya to Metallica to those Karlsen girls up there, throw in some Hank (sr and jr) and appreciate it all.

• Like 2
Dennis Andress

Water your red horse with piebald mane without the gag-bit
Please, remember the kindness of your old and grey father
Ride on the slope of the blue fold mountains
Please, remember the compassion of your old and caring mother

Shireg shireg
Shireg shireg

Take care of your loyal steed when you travel in foreign lands
Make friends with good people who you ride in the horde
Feed your bow and arrow with the wind
Abide by your moon sword as you sleep
Have the intuition to see the evil
Have the strength to endure barriers

Shireg shireg
Shireg shireg

We kiss your right cheek as we say farewell
We'll kiss the left one when you return
Farewell, your elderly father and mother will be waiting for you at home

Shireg shireg
Shireg Shireg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 10/13/2023 at 11:05 PM, Dennis Andress said:

Where’s the friggin fooosball table?

Growing up in the 70s, the only foosball tables I ever saw were at the bowling alley and the roller rink.  However, a bunch of my friends’ parents had that poker/bumper pool combo table.

Dennis Andress
25 minutes ago, brianh70 said:

Growing up in the 70s, the only foosball tables I ever saw were at the bowling alley and the roller rink.  However, a bunch of my friends’ parents had that poker/bumper pool combo table.

The Air Force put a foosball table in our dormitory in Alaska. We wore it out every winter, and got a new one every summer. 

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 10/13/2023 at 12:54 AM, Dennis Andress said:

Water your red horse with piebald mane without the gag-bit
Please, remember the kindness of your old and grey father
Ride on the slope of the blue fold mountains
Please, remember the compassion of your old and caring mother

Shireg shireg
Shireg shireg

Take care of your loyal steed when you travel in foreign lands
Make friends with good people who you ride in the horde
Feed your bow and arrow with the wind
Abide by your moon sword as you sleep
Have the intuition to see the evil
Have the strength to endure barriers

Shireg shireg
Shireg shireg

We kiss your right cheek as we say farewell
We'll kiss the left one when you return
Farewell, your elderly father and mother will be waiting for you at home

Shireg shireg
Shireg Shireg

One of my favorite songs from that album.  One of the comments described it as basically a blessing for anyone who goes out their front door, but the lyrics are more about a child leaving home to start their own life.  

Switching gears a bit...

Mark Knopfler rose to fame as lead singer and guitarist for Dire Straits, but he’s had a long and successful career since parting company with them.  Together with the Notting Hillbillies, he put out an album that's mostly covers of old, very old, and traditional blues/country songs.  Knopfler composed (and sang) this particular piece:

On his solo albums, Knopfler has done a bunch of songs where he sings the part of a historical figure.  In this one, he’s a worn-out soldier in Napoleon’s army during the retreat after the disastrous 1812 invasion of Russia:

What does it feel like to finally win a race after struggling at the back of the pack all season?  Here ya go.  With the years and race tracks he mentions, it’s clear he’s singing about CART (the predecessor to IndyCar) b– but the feel he’s captured is somehow more like 1950s NASCAR:

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday
2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

While not overtoning, kinda reminds me of the haunting sound of Lisa Gerrard

It is Lisa Gerrard:

image.png.89f807a11a2a935cbe2c1e76e9082ad3.png

It sounds a lot like her work on Gladiator (her voice kicks in around 0:30):

She's definitely got a unique voice:

25 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

It is Lisa Gerrard:

image.png.89f807a11a2a935cbe2c1e76e9082ad3.png

Was there doubt of who I said the overtoning sounds like??

I been listening to her for years, "man on fire" and "now we are free" are staples on my iphone list.

Joe Frickin' Friday
57 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Was there doubt of who I said the overtoning sounds like??

Sorry, I thought you were saying that the Man On Fire piece was what reminded you of LG (as opposed to actually being LG).

• Like 1

One song,.....yes, this is a single song.

7 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

At the end, the choir performs some background vocals without all the music.  Nice.

He ain't no Layne Staley

One of the most underrated 80’s hair bands ever.  It’s too bad they sold out their music to that cheesy horror flick “Trick or Treat.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 10/27/2023 at 6:38 PM, brianh70 said:

One of the most underrated 80’s hair bands ever.  It’s too bad they sold out their music to that cheesy horror flick “Trick or Treat.”

Never heard of them.  Great stuff.  Kind of a cross between Stevie Nix and ZZ Top.