IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

54 minutes ago, Red said:

My fave conductor & orchestra & Beethoven symphony.  #9 by Otto Van Klemperer.

I dig on the 7th more.

Great story Lee, forgot how much I missed those guys. From the article:

Torrents of melody poured out of his stubby, tarred hands, chiming and snarling into the night. The sounds produced by the bassist, Phil Lesh, were by turns plummy and thick, trebly and melodic. The music was somehow both pretty and mean, bouncy and diabolical, busy and clean. You could get lost in it. I went again the next night. That show, in retrospect, was the best I would ever see.

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

No idea why YouTube decided to recommend a 1970's jazz album from a Japanese band, but it turned out to be really good.  Six songs here:

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

No idea why YouTube decided to recommend a 1970's jazz album from a Japanese band, but it turned out to be really good.  Six songs here:

While stationed on Okinawa, my wife and her friends would go out to the bars.

At one, Jack Nasty's, was an icon of Japanese rock.  Kacchan was the owner of the bar.  When the wife first started going to this establishment, she did not know who he was.  Many mainland Japanese would go in the bar to take pictures with him and get autographs.  It wasn't until many visits later that she found out that he was part of Japanese rock legend.

Anyway, per the wife, the guy would drink,.....alot of Habu Saki.  Big bottle at the start of the night and finish it off by the end of the night.  He'd tend his own bar, mostly.  Wife tells me that several night's she'd ask for a beverage only to be told "woman, go fix it yourself",......wish I'da had the chance to go.

5 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

I thought I had heard of this stuff at some point.  I just looked it up, and yep, it's what I thought it was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habushu

Horrid tasting stuff

Snake Sake (Habu Sake) in Japan - are you brave enough to try it? # ...

When in the bush, there are signs designating the known "habu areas",......so one would be cautious to not encounter the slithering things.

Dennis Andress
3 hours ago, BrianT said:

The only Habu I want to get my hands on.

Maybe 15 years or so ago I hooked up with an Air Force buddy I'd worked with in Germany. He'd had an avionics assignment at Beale, AFB working on the SR-71. He said the planes had never been updated and still had the early 60's avionics and instruments. He described it as a turd to work on.

• 2 weeks later...