IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

Joe Frickin' Friday

I tried an experiment.  I like Van Halen's "Jump", but always felt it needed more bass.  I mean not particularly more bass, but lower bass.  So I put the song into Audacity and then:

1. Ran it through a low-pass filter, keeping all the bass frequencies but tossing everything else.
  2. Shifted all of these bass frequencies exactly one octave lower.  So for example, a C2 (62.4 Hz) becomes a C1 (32.7 Hz).
  3. Amplified that low-bass track a bit.
  4. Added the amplified low-bass track back to the original track.  

And here it is.  Maybe a bit muddy, and there are spots where my low-pass filter picked up the bottom end of Diamond Dave's vocals, but overall I like it.  You probably won't hear the low bass very well unless you're playing through headphones or a sound system with a good subwoofer, but here you go:

For comparison, here's the original track:

• 2 weeks later...

just following a tune on YouTube .... you just never know what you'll find ....a most unusual and fabulous cover of the old Tower of Power standby "What Is Hip"

• Like 2
14 hours ago, chrisolson said:

just following a tune on YouTube .... you just never know what you'll find ....a most unusual and fabulous cover of the old Tower of Power standby "What Is Hip"

Jamin with a sanshin!!

Last weekend a good friends daughter got married.  There were two songs that I really liked  The first one was at the beginning of the wedding as she came down the aisle.  The 2nd was father daughter dance by Jerry Jeff Walker.  The 2nd one will pull a tear from a glass eye if you are thinking about giving away your daughter  Sorry youtube and commercials.  They came out in reverse order here on my copy/paste.  Heck not even my kid and that Jerry Jeff Walker one really gets me.

• Like 1

Didn’t know that either and have seen every show a few times. During Covid started with season 1 and watched 2 shows a day until the end of the series. Drove the wife crazy… which was just as entertaining. 

• Like 3

A blast from the 80's - wow- they tried HARD in this video!. :wave:

This really belongs in F.T. - but no in there is listening anyway :5590:  

2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Probably repeating myself with this one. If ya never seen the movie it’s kind of a classic. To me anyway. :spittake:

There were no motos... it didn't happen.  :wave:

Ran across this song on XM - and noted it. 2022 FARTer's may want to get familiar with the theme/underlying message. Not that we had ANYONE parking in  a loading zone only! :wave:

I PARK FOR FREE!

John Ranalletta

Knowing this topic trends to music, nevertheless, can I recommend "reading" via audiobook, "Twilight in Hazard".  We ride through this part of our country and wonder why and how it, Appalachia, evolved into its current form.  We just spent a few days deep in the heart of this book's subject, eastern Kentucky.  Give it a try.

“An empathic portrait of eastern Kentucky... Contending that Americans must ‘combat the notion that people and places are irredeemable’... Maimon’s sharp observations and personal stake in the subject make this a standout account of what ails rural America.” —Publishers Weekly

41LVywfXULL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 2

One more.. Quiz, what songs does Johnny A. improvise on in the video, think I counted 10, could be more. Hint, you have to be pretty old to get most of them : )

• Like 1
On 3/2/2022 at 1:22 PM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

YouTube comments on the metal haka video I posted yesterday led me to Alien Weaponry, a New Zealand band that blends conventional metal with Maori vocal stylings and imagery:

I'll raise your Maori with some Amazonian's

If you don't know Gojira,....ya don't know metal at all.

33 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Yelling into a microphone isn't music, it's just some assholes making obnoxious noise accompanied with bad acting : )

So, 90% of "music"...

1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

So, 90% of "music"...

Actually it's more like ten percent and still obnoxious.. oh, and immature.  :)   

1 hour ago, Red said:

Hints of ZZ Top.:18:

You're right, I didn't catch that. Really like the guy and have him on a Pandora station, he's pretty versatile.

9 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Yelling into a microphone isn't music, it's just some assholes making obnoxious noise accompanied with bad acting : )

Sure, uh huh, right, everyone's got an opinion just like everyone has,.......... 

Funny how those that "make obnoxious noise" sell out arena after arena, yet, others that sit with a guitar and re-hash high school memories can't seem to do that:dontknow:  It's ok, my musical taste expand beyond most here and I don't limit myself to a single genre.

6 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Funny how those that "make obnoxious noise" sell out arena after arena, yet, others that sit with a guitar and re-hash high school memories can't seem to do that:dontknow:  It's ok, my musical taste expand beyond most here and I don't limit myself to a single genre.

Guess it was just a matter of time before somebody dissed someone else's music and they got all cranky about it : )

And Harley sells hundreds of thousands of motorcycles (20x BMW) to people that need to dress like pirates and have obnoxiously loud pipes, teens and 20 somethings drive around in lifted one ton pickups so people will think they're badasses too. I didn't say it was unpopular, just immature. 

• Smile 1
1 hour ago, roadscholar said:

Guess it was just a matter of time before someone dissed someone else's music and they got all cranky about it : )

And Harley sells hundreds of thousands of motorcycles (20x BMW) to people that need to dress like pirates and have obnoxiously loud pipes, teens and 20 somethings drive around in lifted one ton pickups so people will think they're badasses too. I didn't say it was unpopular, just immature. 

You said obnoxious too, with which I don't disagree, I find a lot of music obnoxious. Some of it posted here, but I don't single out which ones, because that is their choice, and my music is certainly obnoxious often, even to me at times, it all depends on the mood I'm in. And I have found that listening again to new music I originally found off putting to be quite good after giving it a second chance. This thread has opened up a lot of music to me that I wouldn't have explored.

And I ride a Harley with loud pipes, ape hangers, and wear a leather jacket (no pirate bandana). Super obnoxious, and a little immature. Can't wait to show up at FART!

Cuz not all music is the same:

• Like 1

Yelling? Screaming? Distorted noise?

Here's a different type of screaming and distortion.   How about a Honda V10 . . .

• Like 2