IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

roadscholar

This popped up on my Mike Bloomfield/Al Kooper station (they were part of the Paul Butterfield Blues Band who I got to see in a Connecticut bar in the early 70's).

Smokin Joe Kubek and Bnois King from Texas Cadillac. Smooth, basic, essential : )

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday

SomaFM is a listener-supported music streaming service: no ads, no login, just listen to music.  Donate if the mood strikes you, or not.  They've got several channels, one of which is "Lush," featuring "sensuous and mellow female vocals, many with an electronic influence. Today this remix of a Sarah McLachlan song popped up:

• Like 1

I used to really love this song back in the 70s as a little kid.  Haven't thought about it for years, but one day something just reminded me of it so I looked it up. :cool:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Joe Frickin' Friday

I wasn't that impressed by The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, except for one bright point: Brazilian musician Seu Jorge playing the part of a deckhand who mostly lounged around playing acoustic covers of old David Bowie songs on his guitar while singing the lyrics in Portugese.  They included a handful of these on the official soundtrack, but Jorge also had an entire separate album full of them.  They are pleasingly mellow, intimate, and exotic, as well as being Bowie-approved: 

"Had Seu Jorge not recorded my songs in Portuguese I would never have heard this new level of beauty which he has imbued them with."

Here's Life on Mars:

Changes:

Rebel Rebel:

lawnchairboy
8 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

I wasn't that impressed by The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, except for one bright point: Brazilian musician Seu Jorge playing the part of a deckhand who mostly lounged around playing acoustic covers of old David Bowie songs on his guitar while singing the lyrics in Portugese.  They included a handful of these on the official soundtrack, but Jorge also had an entire separate album full of them.  They are pleasingly mellow, intimate, and exotic, as well as being Bowie-approved: 

Here's Life on Mars:

Changes:

Rebel Rebel:

Agree.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Joe Frickin' Friday

Russian Orthodox chant:

Gregorian chant, sort of.  Yes, they're actually singing the Halo theme song:

Still haven't had enough?  Here's 20 more, with the track list in the top pinned comment.  Hit one you don't like? Move ahead to the next:

• Like 1

45 rpm record played at 33 1/3?

Interesting.   You can really hear how great Johnny Moore's voice is.  Well, along with the others.   

On 7/5/2022 at 9:31 PM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Russian Orthodox chant:

Gregorian chant, sort of.  Yes, they're actually singing the Halo theme song:

Still haven't had enough?  Here's 20 more, with the track list in the top pinned comment.  Hit one you don't like? Move ahead to the next:

Listening to some of this reminded me of Sarah Brightman's Eden.  I happened to "discover" this song by watching a bit of "adult education amateurs" several years ago.  This song was the background music, and since I like music more than education, I had to scroll through the comments to find who did the song.  If you are not familiar with education sites such as that, yes, the comments have very usable information.

Anyway, here's the tune.  The first is the mix I heard, the second is the original.

Heck... these guys had me duped.  Thought they might have been from the Appalachian area. Stopp'n bluegrass is cool! Thanks!

23 hours ago, Sonor said:

Lately I have been studying Latin music. A friend told me about this artist so give it a try.

I suddenly need an adult beverage and a Caribbean beach.

• Like 1
On 8/4/2022 at 8:21 PM, Dennis Andress said:

This needs a few Watts...

Reminds me of these guys. You can google for live performances. These guys jam it out on this song!

This is of course, a cover of Snoop Dogg's Gin n Juice. I never realized how vulgar this song was until listening to version.

• Haha 1
On 4/30/2022 at 9:21 PM, brianh70 said:

I used to really love this song back in the 70s as a little kid.  Haven't thought about it for years, but one day something just reminded me of it so I looked it up. :cool:

On the Clean Living Hoosiers CA trip, we happened to catch RR in concert one night on the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.

They can be seen and heard at about the 12 second mark in this video - the video itself is set to a parity version of a song by The Floaters, from the same era as Car Wash.

• Like 1

I's 13 when this came out, a boy and discovery.  So sad to hear that Olivia Newton John has died today.  Big, big crush on Sandy from Grease.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2

Many years ago I was one of the "after" male models in that video. Now I more closely resemble the "before" models. A little too closely.

• Smile 1

She came to our college on tour.  She spent most of the day at the campus and played a couple of hours that evening. I thought she was one of the best-looking women I'd ever seen.

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday

Maybe the police in the US would be better received if they sang to you as they arrested you?  Here's the mighty-fine Zimbabwe Republic Police Choir, with their conductor using his whole body to conduct:

• Like 1