IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

15 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Maybe a little Supertramp in there  too (heaven forbid).

Take the long way home is kinda always on my playlist

• Like 1

I can't believe that the Prince of Darkness and Queen of Metal have never been posted here.  The 80's, the religious would get his concerts shut down at the thought of the possibility of him being a "devil worshipper" (along with many other bands (backmasking anyone)),......geesh .......I couldn't wait for the next edition of Circus Magazine to pop to see what happened next.  Anyway, by the time this duet hit, it was long overdue.  When Lita came out with her debut of Out for Blood in the early 80's, I thought "man, it'd be nice for her to team up with Ozzy",.......that wouldn't happen until 88-89 timeframe.  

• Like 1

Entertain me with an instrumental. Here’s one that’s cool! :cool:
 I close my eyes and see the beak of my GS pointed north on the Dalton. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 5

The Wide World of Sports theme song, the skier getting mashed on a jump in the opening credits.

Also reminds me of a laser light show I attended as a drunken marijuana smoking youth. So yeah, good times with that song!

• Smile 1

I could imagine weary soldiers closing their eyes and hearing this while fixing bayonets as they await the order.

My attempt at descriptive writing.:spittake:

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Hosstage said:

The Wide World of Sports theme song, the skier getting mashed on a jump in the opening credits.

Also reminds me of a laser light show I attended as a drunken marijuana smoking youth. So yeah, good times with that song!

3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

The agony of the feet….:spittake:

Fanfare for the Common Man.

I had it on one of my videos but youtube stripped it off.......now it's silence:(

• Sad 1

Ya too bad. I’ve had that happen on a couple of mine. What some artists are doing is allowing you to use their music but any money created by your vid goes to them. Which is A - OK by me.

I still like the video of yours where you’re trying very hard to keep a flatlander running an RT in your sights…;) :grin:

edit… Probably not extremely important to ya but I think and I’m not exactly sure how to do it but YouTube has music you can add to your videos. Maybe in “edit video”, I did it along time ago. :dontknow:

42 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Ya too bad. I’ve had that happen on a couple of mine. What some artists are doing is allowing you to use their music but any money created by your vid goes to them. Which is A - OK by me.

I don't want no money from them (monetize the videos), I just use the tunes cause they seem to fit.  

I still like the video of yours where you’re trying very hard to keep a flatlander running an RT in your sights…;) :grin:

edit… Probably not extremely important to ya but I think and I’m not exactly sure how to do it but YouTube has music you can add to your videos. Maybe in “edit video”, I did it along time ago. :dontknow:

Ya, but their tunes suck

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I could imagine weary soldiers closing their eyes and hearing this while fixing bayonets as they await the order.

My attempt at descriptive writing.:spittake:

You seen too many war movies

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Hallelujah, anyone? :classic_biggrin:

If you can get past the visuals on this video you might enjoy this version as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

You seen too many war movies

Probably so, I’m just trying to inspire the book in your head. ;) :grin:

• Smile 1
3 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

If you can get past the visuals on this video you might enjoy this version as well.

He’s a cool sad clown! :thumbsup::classic_biggrin:

On 1/31/2022 at 12:10 PM, ESokoloff said:

Loved some of his stuff ever since he was on AGT.  It's a gimmick, but it works.

16 minutes ago, BrianT said:

Loved some of his stuff ever since he was on AGT.  It's a gimmick, but it works.

Yeah, Mike Geir is very talented but you have to get past the gimmicks in order to appreciate it. 

I discovered him via Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox

Here’s some other great covers. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Here’s a mind bender! :5150:

Weirdly, it works.  Who would've thunk to mash those two together.  Oh that's right Puddles did.

• Like 1

A classic. Brings me right back to my neighborhood, playing ball in the street with the transistor radio sitting on top of the car "blaring" music. At one point the radio was one of the old round ones popular in the 70's. Yeah, I'm old.

23 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

A classic. Brings me right back to my neighborhood, playing ball in the street with the transistor radio sitting on top of the car "blaring" music. At one point the radio was one of the old round ones popular in the 70's. Yeah, I'm old.

There's a reason this song popped me today.

Anyway, I was soooo happy when my dad got me a little radio to carry around,.....looked just like this one

Red Transistor Radio Solid State Best Ever Working Handheld

We wore out those little radios, on all the time, burned thru the batteries. Used to sleep with the radio on, a little plug in unit, horrible speaker, but a window to the world. We still sing the station jingles to each other occasionally.

My brothers and I were just talking about the old house, the radio in the kitchen was always on, and I mean always. If you came into the house (which was never locked) and the radio wasn't on, something serious was wrong. The light over the sink was always on too unless burned out. 

See what you did with that song Rougs? Right down memory lane.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hosstage said:

We wore out those little radios, on all the time, burned thru the batteries. Used to sleep with the radio on, a little plug in unit, horrible speaker, but a window to the world. We still sing the station jingles to each other occasionally.

My brothers and I were just talking about the old house, the radio in the kitchen was always on, and I mean always. If you came into the house (which was never locked) and the radio wasn't on, something serious was wrong. The light over the sink was always on too unless burned out. 

See what you did with that song Rougs? Right down memory lane.

Yep, doors never locked.  After I left for Uncle Sams Misguided Children's tour, I'd never tell my mom I was coming home and would generally "surprise" her by simply walking in the front or back door.  Music, she had an old console stereo that she'd play when I was younger, but as technology improved, she ended up with some all in ones (dual cassette, 8-track, radio and record player) from fingerhut or some other quack outfit......she always had tunes playing,.....and I even got her into a wee bit of Black Sabbath

Anyway, 3 Feb is a historical date.

• Like 1

Don’t remember having one of those radios and I’m not even sure this goes back that far, but, here’s my first camera. A Kodak Tele Disk given to me by my mom. :)

image.thumb.jpeg.bb0442ea1e1b70d88ae06ab038c006fe.jpeg

5 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Don’t remember having one of those radios and I’m not even sure this goes back that far, but, here’s my first camera. A Kodak Tele Disk given to me by my mom. :)

image.thumb.jpeg.bb0442ea1e1b70d88ae06ab038c006fe.jpeg

That one's pretty old, but still pretty high falutin' and modern compared to our state of the art units.

il_794xN.2508126637_6sui.thumb.jpg.0aa48b9db7df132cfcddcb1faf768a8e.jpg

• Like 1

I can’t quite remember when I got it but a quick search says they came out in 82 so I’m guessing a little after that. Didn’t hang on to it for any future monetary value which is good because it’s worth about $14.00 bucks with film. :rofl:

Went to visit mom and dad down in Florida in the late 80’s. Never was in that area and wanted to explore. Asked mom if she had a camera I could borrow. She said yes and gave me this gem. Said I could keep it  

EC29A755-00AE-4721-878B-B5C039A60A61.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

I wonder if anyone will ever write a song about a Tesla?

Done!!!!   tho what it lacks in soul it makes up in brainwashing suds:dopeslap:

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

Loud and proud

I listened to it twice, excellent! Grew up down the street from Greg and Duane and listened to them practice in their mom's living room in the 60's then watched them rise to stardom. I'm sure they'd be proud of the legacy they left.  

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
25 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

I listened to it twice, excellent! Grew up down the street from Greg and Duane and listened to them practice in their mom's living room in the 60's then watched them rise to stardom. I'm sure they'd be proud of the legacy they left.  

Spotify's version is over 10 minutes long.

8 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Spotify's version is over 10 minutes long.

Don't you know you're not supposed to listen to Spotify because someone said it made them mad?......…....        

• Haha 2