IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

47 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Bet she'd pick up cloggin' in no time : ) In the late 60's I played backup a couple times for a really good banjo player at square dances in the Cashiers Community Center, good times. There was a place called Helen's Barn in Highlands too with square dancing every Saturday night. It's all moved to more rural locales now but it's still out there. 

We gots the Hillbilly Hideaway, only open Fri-Sun and there is no real menu, you get what's brought out to you.  On Saturdays, you'll have a country flavor of tunes in the music hall.

• Like 1

We've got a local bar I stop into often that has music almost every night (pre-covid), I would stop in at least once a week, usually more. I rarely know what type of music will be on stage, everything from some solo singer crying in her beer to the hardest metal to be found, and everything in between. Bluegrass, blues, rock, folk, some clogging, one time a Japanese techno punk band, that was interesting! Small stage, often jammed with players.  Sometimes I stay for a beer, sometimes I stay the night. But I love hearing the music!

That's what I miss the most right now.

• Like 2

Richard, you sure have an “eclectic” taste in music. Headbangers to classical and everywhere in between.  :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Richard, you sure have an “eclectic” taste in music. Headbangers to classical and everywhere in between.  :thumbsup:

It's all music man,.....almost anything I'll listen to.  Can't stick with a single genre.

From finding that tune above, got me to this nearly three hour mix.........mellow man, mellow.  I'm at 2:36 right now.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An observation related to the subject matter, I run an old NANO for music on the bike. It has an option to "level" the music, so one song isn't louder or quieter than another based on the way it was recorded. I do not use this feature, some songs have to be turned up, some down.

J Geils "Blow Your Face Out" has a statement on the back of the album cover saying "Made loud to play loud!"

They were not kidding. When one of those songs comes up, it is substantially louder than the others on the iPod.

Of course, I turn it up even a little louder, because J Geils!

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Loudest Bands, it ain't just the shootin that fawked my ears up

I'm surprised mine aren't worse. I didn't shoot much, but I have had my ears ring for a couple days after attending concerts! It was heaven being there.

roadscholar

Thirty years racing Porsche’s w/o earplugs, check. Being on the front row at a Who concert in the 70’s, check.

What?

• Like 1

You guys bought me a pair of these,......if you paid your taxes,.....thanks

Phonak Audeo Marvel M30-R (PAIR) | ion hearing

6 minutes ago, AZgman said:

I have paid a shitload of taxes... you should get another pair!

This is my fourth pair.  Got the first set while active duty in 2002, I's 34 at that time.  Replaced in 2007, still active.  Replaced in 2015 from the VA, then replaced 2021 from the VA.

roadscholar

I am quite content with pop music from the 60's thru the 90's but this is bizarre enough to at least get my attention, I think Frank Zappa would be proud : )

• Like 1

Different, definitely different!!  This might be something that would have to grow on me,........and I like a lotta stuff

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
40 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

I am quite content with pop music from the 60's thru the 90's but this is bizarre enough to at least get my attention, I think Frank Zappa would be proud : )

Try it at 1.25x.  Sounds better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Jake said:

Goes with Bookers Pigskin Batch Bourbon, which I happen to have on hand right now.

I like it much better than the original!!!

11 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Na.......  When doing a Beatles song , no one does it better than the Beatles . Very nice rendition though

Na,....I really don't like the Beatles........and that with as much music as I like,.....their original sound, just,......kinda,........sucks (to me)

Much better version of Eleanor Rigby

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Na.......  When doing a Beatles song , no one does it better than the Beatles . Very nice rendition though

Though I will admit that Joe Cocker did do a hell of a rendition of With a Little Help from My Friends.

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Na,....I really don't like the Beatles...

Roug ,  We all thought you were one in 10 billion . Now we have proof !    :4322:

• 3 weeks later...

Somehow I've never heard of Buckethead until this week.  OMG what I've been missing.  Love his guitar work.  That his stage persona is quirky and weird makes it that much more enjoyable.

I've got my work cut out for me trying to listen to all his stuff.  He's got 317 studio albums between solo and collaboration work.  Not to mention he was the guitarist for the reformed Guns N Roses when Axl Rose tried to remake the band with new members.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...