IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

Grohl is sooo much better outside of Nirvana(which I didn't much care for).  Wonder if Cobain hadn't whacked himself would Grohl have grown to what he is today.

Joe Frickin' Friday

The HU just covered Metallica's "Sad But True".  The video's a bit heavy-handed, but the music slaps:

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

The HU just covered Metallica's "Sad But True".  The video's a bit heavy-handed, but the music slaps:

Ya, saw it last week while perusing others.  Good stuff!!

Joe Frickin' Friday

Japanese band covers Iron Maiden's "Trooper".  These ladies look like they're barely in their 20s, but they're crazy-talented; they must have been jamming since they were toddlers.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

After one video finishes, there is always a lot more to chose from.   This is what I found after watching Sofie Lloyd shred a guitar:  (spoiler alert - blooper at the end.)

On 12/22/2020 at 1:51 PM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Japanese band covers Iron Maiden's "Trooper".  These ladies look like they're barely in their 20s, but they're crazy-talented; they must have been jamming since they were toddlers.

that was fun.  so much young talent out there.

Dennis Andress

Shireg Shireg - The HU

Take care of your loyal steed when you travel in foreign lands
Make friends with good people who you ride in the horde
Feed your bow and arrow with the wind
Abide by your moon sword as you sleep
Have the intuition to see the evil
Have the strength to endure barriers

You're riding along on a favorite road, the sun at your back, listening to something like this.

Gently leaning the bike side to side with the music while staying in your lane. Maybe your license plate reads "DANCER".

Suddenly you realize there's a state police car behind you.

What do you do?

Edited by AnotherLee
Fixed the link
  • Like 2
23 hours ago, AnotherLee said:

You're riding along on a favorite road, the sun at your back, listening to something like this.

Gently leaning the bike side to side with the music while staying in your lane. Maybe your license plate reads "DANCER".

What do you do?

You pull over and say, "Sorry officer, I was just having way too much fun!"

• Like 2
On 1/23/2021 at 7:31 AM, AnotherLee said:

What do you do?

Maybe promise the LEO that from now on you'll only listen to Beetoven piano sonatas? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

I've previously posted this slick performance by the Yoshida Brothers.   Here they are collaborating with Monkey Majik (takes a minute before it spins up):

If you prefer live, well here ya go:

• Like 2

Pink Floyd, and specifically David Gilmour is simply my chosen band of all time. "Welcome to the machine" was never my favorite song, but like other Pink Floyd stuff there WAS a story in the lyrics most could relate to. This video is a different take on the song, one independent from Floyd, that puts the song to vision in a very strong effect!

• Like 2

Yes, of course! When you need to get away...all you need is a set of headphones and Gilmour/Floyd. My favorite is Echoes. 25 minutes of what a Stratocaster is supposed to sound like. Very deep lyrics. This song is often overlooked due to not being on radio-too long. Pre Dark Side of the Moon too. This is headphone music at a high level!

( That is the infamous Black Strat being played here. Sold for 3.9 million dollars at auction! )

• Like 1

While on a roll.....Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Gilmour with Crosby and Nash. My favorite version of this song. Watch the Sax player ( Dick Perry ) at the end......

• Like 2
On 1/25/2021 at 12:57 PM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

I've previously posted this slick performance by the Yoshida Brothers.   Here they are collaborating with Monkey Majik (takes a minute before it spins up):

If you prefer live, well here ya go:

Thanks Mitch, I enjoyed this!

And while we're on another subject . . . One of my favorite concert DVD's . . .Roger Walters In The Flesh

11 hours ago, realshelby said:

Pink Floyd, and specifically David Gilmour is simply my chosen band of all time. "Welcome to the machine" was never my favorite song, but like other Pink Floyd stuff there WAS a story in the lyrics most could relate to. This video is a different take on the song, one independent from Floyd, that puts the song to vision in a very strong effect!

Love everything Pink Floyd and Gilmour.  The album this song is on "Wish you were here" is one of my favs.  And that was before watching the documentary about the back story about how some of the songs are a tribute/about previous member Syd Barrett who basically fried himself and lost his mind.

Link here to the The Story of "Wish you were here" album.

Sorry, another throwback (guess that might depend on your DOB) :spittake: but, a nice one I think. I remember listening to this on the “oldies” station as a kid but I never knew the group/family was from Newport Rhode Island. :dontknow:  The Cowsills  

One of the songs that comes on the Music Choice channel Solid Gold Oldies.  That song has some good harmony.   I believe I watched them on The Ed Sullivan Show, which is played on a channel titled Decades.   It is interesting to see how bands performed back in the day.

Below is what I was listening to while trying to learn the song.  There are tons of related videos that crop up while I view other postings.  These keep me looking for more.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Thanks, kinda like it.  And the cameo by Manson :18:

Manson, Flea, Jack Black, a few others in there.

Glad you liked it, it's not for everybody, at first I clicked out but came back, the hook had me.

Bluegrass is happy music with a tinge of sadness thrown in for good measure reflected in the people that write and perform it. Seems to be gaining a resurgence among younger generations too which is nice to see.

2 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Bluegrass is happy music with a tinge of sadness thrown in reflected in the people that write and perform it. Seems to be gaining a resurgence among younger generations too which is nice to see.

Enjoy

• Like 1

One of the things I miss most in lockdown, going to see some bluegrass (along with every other genre) live music at the local bar scene. This area is rich with music. Can't wait to get back to it.

4 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Man if I lived where you do I'd be up in those hills almost every weekend listening to locals pickin, be surprised what you might hear at gas station or general store on a Saturday night : )

https://www.blueridgemusicnc.com/find-music/back-roads-videos

Hehe.

When we were stationed in Okinawa, we lived on the ninth floor of a nine floor building.  Across from us was Gushikawa Auto Parts, a repair shop.  Several nights a week, some of the workers would play the Sanshin, which has a bluegrassy sound.......sortof.  Anyway, my youngest was nine at the time, and every time they'd start playing, she'd run to our bedroom (balcony faced GAP) to sit and listen, they'd play for hours. 

18 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Anyway, my youngest was nine at the time, and every time they'd start playing, she'd run to our bedroom (balcony faced GAP) to sit and listen, they'd play for hours. 

Bet she'd pick up cloggin' in no time : ) In the late 60's I played backup a couple times for a really good banjo player at square dances in the Cashiers Community Center, good times. There was a place called Helen's Barn in Highlands too with square dancing every Saturday night. It's all moved to more rural locales now but it's still out there.