Sign in to follow this  
TEWKS

Whip's Music Videos Part 2

TEWKS

The original thread is a traffic jam so let's open another lane. ;) A great beat with some funny tossed in. :cool:

• Like 1

Living the Dream

Meh, a little "older" school,......recognize the sample??

• Like 1

Whip

Living the Dream

Enjoy this little Dutch band.  It has a mix of melodic female vocals and brutal death growls.......good stuff

• Like 1

Living the Dream

A fine, fine oldie

• Like 1

Joe Frickin' Friday

This popped up earlier this week.  A couple of years ago, Huun-Huur-Tu, a Tuvan folk music group, did a 45-minute session for Seattle public radio (KEXP) .  I like obscure global folk music like this; close your eyes and listen and imagine yourself on horseback, roaming across the steppes of central Asia.

1:09 Chryaa-Khoor (Yellow Pacer)

8:33 Konguroi (Sixty Horses In My Herd)

13:33 Interview

28:58 Odugen Taiga

41:12 Aa-Shuu Dekei-oo

• Like 1

Joe Frickin' Friday

From the previous video, I went a little further down the rabbit hole and found these guys.  I used to think German was the best language for metal, but now I'm pretty sure it's Mongolian:

If you like their Mongol-warrior sound, check out Song of Women, their powerhouse ode to the female half of Mongolia.

• Like 1

Living the Dream
13 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

From the previous video, I went a little further down the rabbit hole and found these guys.  I used to think German was the best language for metal, but now I'm pretty sure it's Mongolian:

If you like their Mongol-warrior sound, check out Song of Women, their powerhouse ode to the female half of Mongolia.

I so dig it when traditional and modern collide.  Eluveite is an example of a band that takes traditional instruments (hurdy-gurdy, flute, etc) and bring it to the front with the metal sound.  If we go back to Jethro Tull and Ian Andersons flute (genre debatable, I like to think of them as Diet Metal), which I believe that many people said "how can you have a flute in metal/rock",......well, I think it works.

Thanks for bringing this group up.