IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

Great song Joel, that's a soundtrack in search of a movie.

Pretty stark contrast but I came across this lady Joanna Connor a few weeks ago and sent the link to a buddy. Last week he let me know Joe Bonamassa is going to record her, nice to hear because she can rip. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Sonor said:

I used to really like Slipknot but like Tool, the early stuff was much better.

Isn't the "new discovery" of early music always the best and as bands go, it kinda wears on ya.

image.png.54f8cd6ec37ae93e8953ee622bcbc75f.png

• 2 weeks later...
Appropriate song From a channel of quality quality audio links.  Especially great on headphones when the household is asleep.  

"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it is wrong"
 Richard Feynman 

I really miss Key West.  Lived there for 9 months in the mid '50's at anti-sub warfare school and worked there for about 10 years in the late '60's.  Every time i flew to KW for business I'd stay at 9 or 10K and could see Cuba on a clear day.  Still go every winter for a week and stay at the USN base.  

• Like 1

Last year I stumbled on Mizrahi music. At the risk of oversimplification, Mizrahim are Jews from Arabic-speaking countries, who sing mostly in Judaeo-Arabic dialects.

My latest fave is the Habibti (= My love/beloved in Arabic) Ensemble. https://www.youtube.com/user/habibtiensemble/videos

Adva Rosenberg - Piano
Shifra Hamutal Atzmon - Violin
Dorion Joseph Hazan - Oud
Lior Lin - Bass Guitar
Itamar Ben Yakir - Trumpet
Guy Rodovich - Soprano Saxophone
Nitzan Hyman - Flute
Ido Tzur - Percussion
Thomas Ben Tov - Percussion & Pantam
Daniel Groag-percussion

With the vast majority of people not at work today, I can actually listen to something a bit harder and louder in the office.

image.thumb.png.52a82f5a4153de521d8e3f581a09b9be.png

The NY Met Opera  is offering free streaming of some of its productions. Thet're just finishing up a Wager Week (which included one of my favorite's - Die Walküre). Anyway - something different. Easy to play on a portable device and pipe the audio to a sound bar or home audio system and take in the audio.

https://www.metopera.org/

John Ranalletta
On 3/28/2020 at 11:03 AM, Indy Dave said:

The NY Met Opera  is offering free streaming of some of its productions. Thet're just finishing up a Wager Week (which included one of my favorite's - Die Walküre). Anyway - something different. Easy to play on a portable device and pipe the audio to a sound bar or home audio system and take in the audio.

https://www.metopera.org/

On the net, try WQXR, FM classic radio.  Several streams. https://www.wqxr.org/

Die Walküre - the full compilation of German humor.  More kids know Wagner's works than any other classical composer; well, at least this part, "Kill the rabbit, kill the rabbit..." 

On the net, try WQXR, FM classic radio.  Several streams. https://www.wqxr.org/

Just to prove how much of dumbass I really am, I have to ask. Is there a clickable link in the post that will take you to the music mentioned above?

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Just to prove how much of dumbass I really am, I have to ask. Is there a clickable link in the post that will take you to the music mentioned above?

Nah, it's one of my Pandora channels.  I just do a clip and drop to show what's currently on/I'm listening to.  If you look through my post, it's kinda eclectic ;)

On another note (pun intended):  Angelina Jordan, a 13 yr old Swedish girl with amazing voice and maturity......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Joe Frickin' Friday

Right this very second?

Bodega Bay, on the Terra Firma album by Sounds From The Ground:

• Like 1

Interesting mix of music, guys.  

A few months ago I stumbled on an interesting live version of "Wicked Games" done by London Grammar.  Which lead to a lot of London Grammar.  

And now it's Andrea Bocelli. 

Live or recorded.  Solo and collaborations.  All the way from Pavarotti through Celine Dion, Sarah Brightman,  Ed Sheeran,  Ariana Grande, Ellie Goulding,  Dua Lipa.  The man brings something special to them all.  

Mike C

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, MikeRC said:

Interesting mix of music, guys.  

A few months ago I stumbled on an interesting live version of "Wicked Games" done by London Grammar.  Which lead to a lot of London Grammar.  

And now it's Andrea Bocelli. 

Live or recorded.  Solo and collaborations.  All the way from Pavarotti through Celine Dion, Sarah Brightman,  Ed Sheeran,  Ariana Grande, Ellie Goulding,  Dua Lipa.  The man brings something special to them all.  

Mike C

There's soooo many covers of this song, but this is definitely one of the gooder ones.   Recently, Theory of a Deadman covered and released it, very good version, but I don't think nothing will take the place of the original, especially when the song comes on and the visuals pop in the head of Helena Christensen on the beach with those killer eyes,......just DAMN!!!!!

• Like 1