IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

46 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

A little smile in the morn. :)

Such a stupid and great movie, I quote lines from it all the time. Thanks for the laugh!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, scout6 said:

Lee Ritenour's 6 String Theory CD.  Released in 2010.  Awesome music - Great guitarists.  This video is a preview of the song 68.  

What, he couldn't get anyone good to play?  

Kidding of course, that is one hell of a group of artists!

• Haha 1

One of my faves. Over 40 years ago. Complete concert. 3 guys, no overdubs, no loops, no cheating. If it’s in there it’s done by voice, instrument, or foot pedals and it’s live. How Geddy Lee can sing, play bass, and synth foot pedals simultaneously has always amazed me. Love them or hate them they were a force to be reckoned with. RIP Neil Peart. 

• Like 3

Many people only know Otis Redding for "Sittin on the Dock of the Bay",.....but "Tramp" be the bomb!!!

"I got six Cadillacs, five Lincolns, four Fords, six Mercuries, three T-Birds, Mustang, ooooooohhh...I'm a lover"

• Like 4

This band popped up in my recommendations after listing to Dry Cleaning and Sleaford Mods.  Like one of the comments says - the video has a Clockwork Orange/The Warriors vibe to it.

48 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

That was a completely different style of Otis that never made it to mainstream AM radio. :classic_biggrin:

ya but mom had it on a scratchy album that she’d play on her console stereo and I’d be rockin out!!!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Now that made a grown man with a foul mouthed vocabulary blush! :classic_biggrin:

Ya, that's my everyday speak,.......'cept when the grandboys are around, unless the tool doesn't do what it's supposed to ;)

Had a new guy at work, I said something, something fawking, something, something,......He said, "did you just say fawk?", I said ya, you offended or something,....he's like "no, over on the other side of the building, they're all uppity, uppity",......well, welcome to "C aisle" I tell him.

• Like 1

Stumbled onto this band based on a bad review of Tiffany trying to sing the same song. I may even have the vinyl from Tommy James. I must say I am impreseed with this rendition

From Dave Grohl's Hanukkah Sessions this year featuring his daughter on vocals.  I'm used to famous musician daughters taking a stab at singing, but not with a voice this good.

• Like 1

Now, you do know what’s gonna be in my head all day tomorrow…”chicken in the corn say the corn can’t grow, mama” :classic_biggrin: Imagine what he could do with two strings! :spittake:

4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Now, you do know what’s gonna be in my head all day tomorrow…”chicken in the corn say the corn can’t grow, mama” :classic_biggrin: Imagine what he could do with two strings! :spittake:

True.. and besides the song, images of that chicken outfit dancing around probably will be too.  :grin:

• Haha 1

I posted that one originally then decided to go with the remix, both those dudes are pretty talented. Check out some of Kiff’s other stuff, def a different approach to creating melody, I kinda like this one.

John Ranalletta

If you listen to your books and if you download audio books from your local library as I do, do a search for books narrated by Joe Barrett.  I'd listen to him read the Beijing phone book.  He has a raspy, street-wise voice than brings characters like Lawrence Block's Matthew Scudder and Don Winslow's Neal Carey to life.

Here's a sample at about minute one

https://bit.ly/3lQbln2

This should be interesting as I wait for my wife to come outta ankle surgery 

youll get a taste of whats on my iphone

Cant find a “single”, so go to 1:05:00, Silver Bath