IGNORED

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Indy Dave

In my advancing age, is fairly easy to get stuck listening to the stuff one always has - and like most folks, I have large enough library that I'm not too bored with that.  Being advanced in age, I just haven't gone down the Spotify and Pandora paths beyond a few exploratory walks in the park. I did stumble across Exponential radio with my HD car radio, and I've been please to be turned on to several new (and new to me) artists and bands. Another source has surprisingly been the end credits of some Netflix/Prime Series - where they'll play something different and often thematic to the last scene or series.

Having said that - a buddy's wife subscribed him to a quarterly vinyl club - where he gets 3 new records per quarter (based on a profile of music he likes). This one turned up in April, and after listening to the record at his house, I bought the CD - and it has been in heavy rotation, with several cuts making it onto my various ride mixes.  I've noticed recently they've been getting some late night attention too. Thought I share.

Herewith - Dry Cleaning.

I love the interplay between the bass and guitar in theirs songs- which generally begins about 45 secs into tracks (some of which have a rather basic intro that might otherwise steer me clear)

• Like 2
On 9/5/2021 at 12:52 PM, Indy Dave said:

In my advancing age, is fairly easy to get stuck listening to the stuff one always has - and like most folks, I have large enough library that I'm not too bored with that.  Being advanced in age, I just haven't gone down the Spotify and Pandora paths beyond a few exploratory walks in the park. I did stumble across Exponential radio with my HD car radio, and I've been please to be turned on to several new (and new to me) artists and bands. Another source has surprisingly been the end credits of some Netflix/Prime Series - where they'll play something different and often thematic to the last scene or series.

Having said that - a buddy's wife subscribed him to a quarterly vinyl club - where he gets 3 new records per quarter (based on a profile of music he likes). This one turned up in April, and after listening to the record at his house, I bought the CD - and it has been in heavy rotation, with several cuts making it onto my various ride mixes.  I've noticed recently they've been getting some late night attention too. Thought I share.

Herewith - Dry Cleaning.

I love the interplay between the bass and guitar in theirs songs- which generally begins about 45 secs into tracks (some of which have a rather basic intro that might otherwise steer me clear)

I love Dry Cleaning!  I found out about them by way of Sleaford Mods.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, brianh70 said:

I love Dry Cleaning!  I found out about them by way of Sleaford Mods.

1. Dry Cleaning ROCKS.

2. That's a funny video - reminds me (somewhat) of Jay and Silent Bob.

On 9/5/2021 at 7:47 PM, lkraus said:

Looks to me that the mountain shoot location was in the Santa Monica’s but I couldn’t pin down the exact location   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On a little Randy Newman kick here. :dontknow: Lot’s of fun stuff packed into this one. Beemers, Boxflyer making a delivery, 9Mary7 on patrol. ;)

• Like 1

probably not for most...but try to make it to at least 1:30  Pretty amazing how he can change from baritone to countertenor/falsetto

• Like 2

I was at a club many years ago, karaoke was happening, this guy does both parts of "Love Shack" by the B-52's.

Amazing ranges some people have.

8 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Alternative to that tragic event is The Bangles-Manic Monday  

And Susanna Hoffs is much better to look at than Bob Geldof

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Over the weekend my better half and I flew to St Paul, MN to see the Eagles - Hotel California Tour. I've always wished to go to a rock concert with full orchestration and choir. I was nearly in tears when the entire orchestra was raised from behind the Eagles on a hydraulic platform. Vince Gill along with Glenn Frey's son accompanied them on the tour

244430618_10221928512416666_8489186804295234208_n.jpg

244395642_10221928514616721_6878540541804435219_n.jpg

244419555_10221928512776675_5406507052278634998_n.jpg

244428533_10221928513256687_3780825330201010555_n.jpg

• Like 5
23 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Accidental beginning to a great song! :grin:

Perfect timing Pat,  Watching Joe Walsh live was a real treat. The guy sitting next to me at the Eagles concert who didn't know them very well asked if the guy on the end playing the guitar had a stroke at one time, I laughed and said no, that's what a lifetime of heavy drinking and drugs did to him. (maybe not the case, but that's what I told him) :3:

• Haha 1

Back when cigarette companies were allowed to sponsor shows, there was the Marlboro Music Tour.  Many of the greats participated in this event.  

Joe Walsh performed at Camp LeJeune about 1991-92ish.  During a break between songs, he said something to the effect of:

"I was back stage and this young Marine comes up to me and says "I dig your music man",....I (Joe)asked how he heard about me and he said "Man, my grandpa turned me on to your music"",......I thought that funny.

during that set, Sinbad (the comedian) hosted, Damn Yankees performed, Joe Walsh and Lynyrd Skynyrd.....'twas a good set

• Like 1

I forget if I told this story. (probably did) About a year ago an older woman 70-ish came limping into the station in a Maserati. Flat tire. We plugged it and got her going but before she left I asked, if her Maserati does 185? There was an awkward smile but she didn’t get the reference. :grin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Back when cigarette companies were allowed to sponsor shows, there was the Marlboro Music Tour.  Many of the greats participated in this event.  

Joe Walsh performed at Camp LeJeune about 1991-92ish.  During a break between songs, he said something to the effect of:

"I was back stage and this young Marine comes up to me and says "I dig your music man",....I (Joe)asked how he heard about me and he said "Man, my grandpa turned me on to your music"",......I thought that funny.

during that set, Sinbad (the comedian) hosted, Damn Yankees performed, Joe Walsh and Lynyrd Skynyrd.....'twas a good set

I saw Joe Walsh for the first time around 1971 at the Ohio State Fair on the campus grounds when he was with the James Gang and remember them playing Funk 49.

Before he became famous he played the bars at Kent State Univ which was 10 min from where I grew up. I was too young to get in and see him

I saw the Eagles back in the late 80's early 90's [ can't remember exactly ] at Star Lake  Amphitheater. Don Felder was still with them ,  and Glenn Frey was still alive .What an outstanding show !

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
10 hours ago, TSConver said:

The tinnitus in my ears.  :87:

55 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Not good.

Emma Stone Laughing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

You learn to live with it

• Plus 1 1
On 9/4/2021 at 10:52 PM, Skywagon said:

Bach, "Little" Fugue in G minor, Organ

trying to get better.....

I have a different copy but here is a web link if not familiar

I found that vid's graphics put me in a trance.  In a good way, tho.  VERY interesting.

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Emma Stone Laughing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

You learn to live with it

Makes for a legitimate excuse when the wife says I never listen to anything she says ....... "cause I can't hear you, love"

3 minutes ago, MachineJoe said:

Makes for a legitimate excuse when the wife says I never listen to anything she says ....... "cause I can't hear you, love"

When I met my wife, she really thought I had selective hearing.....I was 30 at the time, 12 years of infantry, one war, couple contingency ops, lotsa shooting and boom, booming.  Fast forward six years, I'm getting a physical, standard hearing test, doc says "you're a prime candidate for hearing aids", I say "nah",......later that evening, I let the wife know what the doc said,.....she says "you better go back and tell them to order those hearing aids",......I'm on set number four now!!  They do help out.  I know when I got the first set, it was night and day.  Having them on, everything sounded so crisp and clear,.....instead of the muffled I'd become accustomed to (without knowing I'd become accustomed to it).

5 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

When I met my wife, she really thought I had selective hearing.....I was 30 at the time, 12 years of infantry, one war, couple contingency ops, lotsa shooting and boom, booming.  Fast forward six years, I'm getting a physical, standard hearing test, doc says "you're a prime candidate for hearing aids", I say "nah",......later that evening, I let the wife know what the doc said,.....she says "you better go back and tell them to order those hearing aids",......I'm on set number four now!!  They do help out.  I know when I got the first set, it was night and day.  Having them on, everything sounded so crisp and clear,.....instead of the muffled I'd become accustomed to (without knowing I'd become accustomed to it).

I hear THAT !!

Serendipity! I was at my daughter's house last week, she raised on music, her husband has come to embrace music with a passion. He has a killer sound system, last week I pulled up Roundabout, his first time ever really listening to it, sitting in the sweet spot between the speakers. He was blown away. It shook me too, I had forgotten how really sweet it is.

It is now in his top ten playlist.

That is a great video, thanks Lowndes!

• Thanks 1
On 9/8/2021 at 8:50 PM, ESokoloff said:

Ok, finally figured out the location.....

image.thumb.jpeg.d104e8fc2eba894f018bf314f0b0d1bc.jpeg

It’s a side road off of Tuna Cyn. 
The reason it stumped me is that Tuna turns into a one way road so I always have this scene to my right/rear. 

F2A3662B-069E-47CF-93FD-643750CC879C.png

Edited by ESokoloff
Added image for clarity
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Um like, totally strange. :D

Bad thing is,......I bought the 45 when this came out

• Smile 1