IGNORED

Cars..

roadscholar

I think they're way high on those estimates judging by the 73 RS Touring, but that’s expected in the classic car auction world. The last one I saw maybe 6-l2 months ago went for around 400k on bringatrailer, it set the bar then and everyone gasped. I’m not really up on most of the others but none are particularly rare other than the lightweight 73RS, 3.8 RSR and '97 GT2. I’ll be watching on Dec 2nd but think the White Collection guy and Sotheby's are dreaming bigly.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Found this on CL today, nice picture, worth sharing I thought. :thumbsup: 2014, PDK, 53000 miles, $39,900. :dontknow:

IMG_0633.jpeg

Looks good Pat, the old J-3 Cub in the hangar is interesting too, fast car/slow plane : ) Planning a run to the mountains with his older twin pretty soon. Not sure why but white ones have always been some of my favorites.

301405DA-AE7F-4700-884D-24E93DC65446.thumb.jpeg.c7121969fab1c17ecdaa4c6ececdcd1d.jpeg

• Like 3
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

That’s a beauty, Bill! I think we’ve seen that one “here or there” before but with you, ya never know! :spittake:

Yes the same one, I’ve had it 4 or 5 years and it's a keeper. To paraphrase Joe Walsh, it doesn't do 185 but it's been good to me so far : )

• Like 1

No, I actually went to see it today. I should have taken more pictures of the rear bumper scratches, and maybe some interior pics! :dopeslap: Still a stunning looking car in person even at ten years old. The paint damage is a bummer, but he had an estimate of six hundred to take off and respray the rear bumper. I assume the front might be more especially where it has the plastic film on it. :dontknow: I made an offer of thirty five but we were four from coming together.

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4096.jpeg

no worries, let him sit on it awhile, he's in the boonies comparatively so likely not getting a lot of action, that and the cosmetic repairs will likely keep most potential buyers away because they don't want the hassle. something closer to your number may still be possible, if not there are others out there, plus convertible season is waning quickly in his hood, you might remind him of that or just wait till his driveway matches the car and then by spring up there it'll have depreciated anyway : )

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

No, I actually went to see it today.

assuming you drove it what are your initial impressions, btw i haven't driven a 98l but have been (not very seriously) poking around a little, like i need another damn car. :whistle:

• Haha 1

Believe it or not, I didn’t drive it. He had a couple home repair people scheduled in and around the same time as I was there and he didn’t want to miss them. Seemed legit, he let me know that before, on the phone. Obviously, if a deal was made I would drive it. He said he had somebody interested and wanted to look on Saturday, I think that’s why he was holding firm on his price. 

But we’ll see what happens. I’m pretty sure I’d love it, my smile cheeks hurt just from sitting in the driver’s seat! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
On 10/11/2023 at 6:51 PM, TEWKS said:

Believe it or not, I didn’t drive it. He had a couple home repair people scheduled in and around the same time as I was there and he didn’t want to miss them. Seemed legit, he let me know that before, on the phone. Obviously, if a deal was made I would drive it. He said he had somebody interested and wanted to look on Saturday, I think that’s why he was holding firm on his price. 

But we’ll see what happens. I’m pretty sure I’d love it, my smile cheeks hurt just from sitting in the driver’s seat! :classic_biggrin:

It’s still up, just sayin..  : )

Or to dip your toes in the shallow end to see if it's something you'd like as a stepping stone maybe consider something like this, from appearances looks to be a relative bargain, fairly low mileage and a lot of important stuff has been done already. There’s something to be said for a fun sportscar you don't stress over every time you take it out in traffic or park somewhere. Plus you can explore it's (already considerable) limits more easily w/o necessarily risking your well being or any others in the vicinity.

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/keene-2002-porsche-boxster/7675210844.html

00H0H_5p1FRZZnSxW_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Bill, probably a wise idea! :thumbsup: 

Matter of fact I did call him back yesterday (real nice guy) and asked if he forgot to take the ad down figuring he sold it over the weekend. Still for sale, he turned down 38 so I didn’t even bother with my 36 offer. :classic_biggrin: He said he still owes me a test drive (maybe that and a test flight in the cub) would be worth buying him lunch! :yes: So truth be this.. I think with the cost of the paint work needed (to get it where I wouldn’t focus on the blemishes) and him holding strong on the price l’ll keep the bobber bobbing IKWIM. And the other truth… A car will take a new GS off the table. :5146:

Up at Portsmouth Ford getting my oil changed in the truck. ( first one free ) :thumbsup: Anyway, window shopping while waiting and I’ve discovered something. They absolutely ruined the looks of the Mustang! :facepalm:

IMG_4143.jpeg

• Confused 1
On 10/11/2023 at 5:57 PM, TEWKS said:

No, I actually went to see it today. I should have taken more pictures of the rear bumper scratches, and maybe some interior pics! :dopeslap: Still a stunning looking car in person even at ten years old. The paint damage is a bummer, but he had an estimate of six hundred to take off and respray the rear bumper. I assume the front might be more especially where it has the plastic film on it. :dontknow: I made an offer of thirty five but we were four from coming together.

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4096.jpeg

$600 sounds low if there is PPF to be removed and replaced, along with repaint.  It may be as cheap nor cheaper to replace the bumper.  Had the same issue on my outback front bumper as a result of my stupidity.  But ended up costing me close to $2000 when all done.  But I went to a shop that does excellent work. With a new bumper you save cost of PPF removal and prep of tge scratched areas.  Just saying. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Up at Portsmouth Ford getting my oil changed in the truck. ( first one free ) :thumbsup: Anyway, window shopping while waiting and I’ve discovered something. They absolutely ruined the looks of the Mustang! :facepalm:

IMG_4143.jpeg

That front end and hood look like WC Fields' nose

• Haha 1
Lone_RT_rider
18 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I know this is an up the food chain model but, way better looking! :cool:

image.thumb.jpeg.27cccecdc1fa00f41dc5c2c39941d5cc.jpeg

I love that model, just not that color. :classic_blink:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

I love that model, just not that color. :classic_blink:

I love that color, just don’t know if I’d marry it! :spittake:

Very Nice, but the one in Jersey is closer to the budget, is newer and has less miles. The big question is, would I not be invited to the Porsche cocktail hour :spittake: sporting a four cylinder turbo? :dontknow:

8 hours ago, TEWKS said:

what’s up with the artsy pics When you be selling something?  :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

There's a local used truck dealership that does that stoopid stuff, sideways glamor shots, irritating to view.

What I don't like about craigslist:

Selling tires-don't put the size (ya, I buy used tires for the old blue truck)

Selling anything-don't put a price

Mileage/hours for a vehicle are not listed (why should I have to ask)

Glamor shots of your product-I'm not turning my laptop sideways to look at your attempt at being Suze Randall

Distant pictures of your product,...this goes right in line with Too close pictures of your product----ya, it's a taillight what about the rest of the back of the vehicle.

Upsidedown pictures of your product

No pictures of your product (you have internet to post, ask a friend, relative, other to take happy snaps of your product if you have no photo means)

Ads strictly in español, no this is not derogatory toward Spanish speakers, but the site is a predominately English site and the area that the ad is being posted to is predominately English speaking.

Ads with a single picture and no description (age, condition, blah, blah, blah) (we've perused enough to see "Car for sale", click, a single picture of a beater with no description)

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
21 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Very Nice, but the one in Jersey is closer to the budget, is newer and has less miles. The big question is, would I not be invited to the Porsche cocktail hour :spittake: sporting a four cylinder turbo? :dontknow:

This'll be you when you get one of those matchbox's,....just change Miata to Boxster

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

There's a local used truck dealership that does that stoopid stuff, sideways glamor shots, irritating to view.

What I don't like about craigslist:

Selling tires-don't put the size (ya, I buy used tires for the old blue truck)

Selling anything-don't put a price

Mileage/hours for a vehicle are not listed (why should I have to ask)

Glamor shots of your product-I'm not turning my laptop sideways to look at your attempt at being Suze Randall

Distant pictures of your product,...this goes right in line with Too close pictures of your product----ya, it's a taillight what about the rest of the back of the vehicle.

Upsidedown pictures of your product

No pictures of your product (you have internet to post, ask a friend, relative, other to take happy snaps of your product if you have no photo means)

Ads strictly in español, no this is not derogatory toward Spanish speakers, but the site is a predominately English site and the area that the ad is being posted to is predominately English speaking.

Ads with a single picture and no description (age, condition, blah, blah, blah) (we've perused enough to see "Car for sale", click, a single picture of a beater with no description)

Gotta add:   Put a contact number in your ad if you truly want to sell it, (whatever it is).

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

The big question is, would I not be invited to the Porsche cocktail hour :spittake: sporting a four cylinder turbo? :dontknow:

You need to drive one for awhile to learn what this means, but the Porsche thing is all about the car and almost nothing about the what it can do.

This is nice...

00f0f_fue0AMQUhjb_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
12 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

....the Porsche thing is all about the car and almost nothing about the what it can do.

There are, of course, some boundaries....

image.thumb.jpeg.27b884a40ab7e932a2794f3894a2b621.jpeg

2019 Cayenne Turbo:
twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 32-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection
Displacement: 244 in3, 3996 cm3
Power: 541 hp @ 6,000 rpm
Torque: 567 lb-ft @ 1,960 rpm

2 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Gotta add:   Put a contact number in your ad if you truly want to sell it, (whatever it is).

i dont mind the initial use of the craigslist email until i get that warm fuzzy that its legit. Thats when numbas get swapped

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Box your way into a 356 Pat...

20231026_111846.thumb.jpg.cde1633ad40bae12a23eea9cc76684ac.jpg

20231026_111853.thumb.jpg.cfeceb60eae64731df202268f72199b1.jpg

20231026_111901.thumb.jpg.bf1d3aeb37121aec6523c7f6b566f166.jpg

20231026_111910.thumb.jpg.6e6cce2a1265a5753b9a59c8516551af.jpg

Ok ….  I’m not a Porsche guy buy THAT I could own!

Dennis Andress

Do you remember that feeling you got the first time you took the tupperware off your bike and had a look at what’s underneath?

IMG_0576.thumb.jpeg.58e5e501eb3c1821e2e4cea97f8eb455.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1
Dennis Andress
2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

All that just to change the air filter?   Oh, the humanity.   :spittake:

Just wait for the spark plug pictures!

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

All that just to change the air filter?   Oh, the humanity.   :spittake:

Ha!  I thought that was just to check the oil.

At least you can see the top of the engine. The Boxster not so much, and the Cayman not so much even more! :14: BUT you get bravery points anyway just for getting to that point! :18: 

Dennis Andress
12 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

….   you get bravery points anyway just for getting to that point! :18: 

This all started with the smell of burnt rubber….