IGNORED

Cars..

roadscholar

realshelby

Revology is a pretty good company. They do things right. Which costs money and you will pay for that. BUT...I don't know of any company selling any reproduction car with the bonafides they offer. They actually have technical support from Ford. Truly a new MUSTANG in old clothing. They are quiet inside, braking is just like new cars, and handling is probably better than new Mustangs. 

They have switched between Detroit Speed and TCI Pro Touring front suspension and were running TCI 3 link Torque Arm rear suspension. Good stuff, the 65 Mustang GT I am working on now has the same TCI front and rear suspension components. Knowing what I know about restoring old cars....the prices they charge are NOT out of line. 

• Like 2
lawnchairboy
On 1/21/2023 at 1:04 PM, roadscholar said:

RE: Hagerty seeming a little high on low/mid level collectibles compared to the catch-all averages of Kelly BB and NADA, they are more in tune with and much closer to the enthusiast market and can usually back it up with data and pretty sound logic.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/magazine-features/bull-market-2022/

2022 Bull Market Group vertical

I love those Goats.

roadscholar
52 minutes ago, lawnchairboy said:

I love those Goats.

In the Summer of '65 a buddy, myself and a cousin took his to Virginia Beach to surf for a few days, not a great highway car with 3 two barrels and 3:83 rear end but who cares when you're 17, it hauled ass : )  I bet Va. Bch doesn't look like it did then, remember there was a little place that had the best Italian grinders I've ever had, still. Waves were pretty good too.

Like this, it was a turquoise color.

116468_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

• Like 1

Seen more than one of these big Cats at my local car shows this year. Goats are great but I much prefer the Cat. Make mine Super Duty 4 speed, please.image.thumb.png.7e8802c63f8aff02fb0bfbd10eb6bb68.png

• Like 3
lawnchairboy
20 hours ago, roadscholar said:

In the Summer of '65 a buddy, myself and a cousin took his to Virginia Beach to surf for a few days, not a great highway car with 3 two barrels and 3:83 rear end but who cares when you're 17, it hauled ass : )  I bet Va. Bch doesn't look like it did then, remember there was a little place that had the best Italian grinders I've ever had, still. Waves were pretty good too.

Like this, it was a turquoise color.

116468_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

beautiful

• 2 weeks later...

I got to drive my first electric car the other day. My neighbor (same guy I almost bought his nephew’s Boxster from) got a Mini Electric. It was a neat little car. It had some really decent pull but the strange thing was, the braking when off the accelerator. The car would come to a pretty fast and complete stop without even touching the brake pedal. I guess the brake lights automatically come on when off the gas juice. I think he said the three tone roof color was a five hundred dollar up charge. This is an internet picture btw. :) 

image.thumb.jpeg.acbe1d522b22b20f2191fd970d25819c.jpeg

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider

If anyone knows where this car is, it would make a LOT of people on the internet very happy.  :)  Including me.... 

Rob

roadscholar
2 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

If anyone knows where this car is, it would make a LOT of people on the internet very happy.  :)  Including me.... 

Rob

Probably not but it might help to have more info or at least a better photo so you could see how many lug nuts there are and the spacing. I had several of them from the 70's thru the 90's and used to know where quite a few were at least in the SE but that probably doesn't help much now. That one looks like a fiberglass replica from the wheels, flares, and side trim but anything's possible, more detail necessary. If it's from a movie I'm not familiar with it (photo looks kind of smoggy like L.A. in the 60's and 70's), know a few movies they were in though like 'Harper', 'FM', and 'Bullitt' although the last two were cabriolets not Speedsters but most don't know the difference.

Lone_RT_rider
On 7/17/2023 at 2:08 PM, roadscholar said:

Probably not but it might help to have more info or at least a better photo so you could see how many lug nuts there are and the spacing. I had several of them from the 70's thru the 90's and used to know where quite a few were at least in the SE but that probably doesn't help much now. That one looks like a fiberglass replica from the wheels, flares, and side trim but anything's possible, more detail necessary. If it's from a movie I'm not familiar with it (photo looks kind of smoggy like L.A. in the 60's and 70's), know a few movies they were in though like 'Harper', 'FM', and 'Bullitt' although the last two were cabriolets not Speedsters but most don't know the difference.

That was a shot from the B Movie "King of the Mountain" Circa 1980.  Not one of Harry Hamlin's finer roles.  That "speedster" was a kit car that has since disappeared from the face of the earth.  There's a small faction that would desperately love to find it.  I loved the scenes from that movie when they were busting redline down Mulholland drive in California.  Supposedly the all of the scenes were filmed at speed without playing with the speed of the film to make them look faster.  I tried like hell to find a better pic.  

Edit:  I found a video on Youtube of the final scene.  

Shawn

• Like 3
roadscholar
41 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

That was a shot from the B Movie "King of the Mountain" Circa 1980.  Not one of Harry Hamlin's finer roles.  That "speedster" was a kit car that has since disappeared from the face of the earth.  There's a small faction that would desperately love to find it.  I loved the scenes from that movie when they were busting redline down Mulholland drive in California.  Supposedly the all of the scenes were filmed at speed without playing with the speed of the film to make them look faster.  I tried like hell to find a better pic.  

Shawn

Yep it looked like a replica and I figured it was Mulholland, just never heard of the movie, I'll check it out later. 

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
On 6/30/2023 at 4:31 AM, TEWKS said:

Now I didn’t expect that…at least, not where and when it happened. :classic_ohmy:

Porsche 911: A bad idea perfected. 

• Smile 1
roadscholar

Not unlike a certain motorcycle with a horizontally opposed twin, except it only took the 911 50 years instead of 100 : )

Any car will hydroplane when it’s on a sheet of water with tires not touching the pavement, happened to me once on an interstate in a 7 series BMW at about 90, thought I could catch it, nope.

roadscholar
3 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Shawn

I know a guy with a 550 replica that’s tuned in to the Speedster replicar world, I’ll ask if he knows anything.

Dennis Andress
55 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

I know a guy with a 550 replica that’s tuned in to the Speedster replicar world, I’ll ask if he knows anything.

Consistently landing ass end first in a ditch is a design trait. 

• Haha 3
roadscholar

Mostly when dumbasses are behind the wheel,  the old ones take some practice tho and will bite if you’re doing it wrong. Yet somehow 911’s have managed to win more races than any other car in history by a long shot, someone estimated in the 30,000 range. 

I raced them for 30 years and won 8 championships, never could figure out what the problem was : )

• Like 2
roadscholar
5 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Shawn

Scroll down to the 4th post on page 717 Shawn, best I can do.

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/the-porsche-thread.493204/page-717#post-48317219

Dennis Andress
58 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Mostly when dumbasses are behind the wheel,  the old ones take some practice tho and will bite if you’re doing it wrong. Yet somehow 911’s have managed to win more races than any other car in history, by a long shot, someone estimated in the 30,000 range. 

I raced them for 30 years and won 8 championships, never could figure out what the problem was : )

I have been considering a 2015 911 S, for several days now.. (I guess if it's still there after the UN)  The Cayenne's fun meter pegs way to easily in city traffic . 

• Like 1
roadscholar
4 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

I have been considering a 2015 911 S, for several days now.. (I guess if it's still there after the UN)  The Cayenne's fun meter pegs way to easily in city traffic . 

You may want to recalibrate that meter some for a 911. 

• Smile 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Much like the Ford Granada is to my generation, the previous generation says " a Falcon, really? Those are just throw away cars."

That one turned out nice. 

• Plus 1 1
Lone_RT_rider
On 7/30/2023 at 3:43 PM, TEWKS said:

To this day, I remember people from my High School by what they drove..... "Oh yeah, he drove that 1973 Olds 442 with the 455 and the TH 400 trans. Man he went through some tires....total smoke show!"

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1

I remember and relate to different periods in my life by what car I drove or what motorcycle I had at the time. :dontknow: Yeah, weird I know. :grin:

• Like 4
RandyShields
1 hour ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

To this day, I remember people from my High School by what they drove....

Yeah, my friends remember me from the giant green 1966 Chevrolet Impala I drove.  Then it got stolen from our driveway.  After that my friends remembered me for the giant green 1966 Chevrolet Impala I used to drive . . . .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When talking about people I occasionally ride with but don't know well, I identify them by the bike they ride rather than their name.

Bartenders know their customers the same way, by their drink of choice, certainly not their name. 

• Like 1

So it sounds like my memory process isn’t all that unique. :thumbsup: A few brief memories when thinking back on the vehicles I had.

For a time reference this all began in 80-81.

70 Monte Carlo… How the hell did I get home? :facepalm:
72 Dodge Dart … Showing the 4x4 guys how to get through a mud bog at a pit party! :yes:

79 F150… Going through the ice in a shallow pond and then mashing the pedal to the boards and making it out! :4317:
84 Monte Carlo SS… Some girl from Wilmington. :dance: :classic_blush:
86 Mustang GT… short lived, returned it due to hidden body damage. (Actually remember getting screwed out of a grand)

87 Mustang GT… Lighting up the tires at an intersection and almost doing an unplanned 360 degree spin! :dopeslap:
89 F150 Short bed.. I ordered it with red interior, why, I don’t know. :dontknow:

99 F150.. Flair-side. The Boy was born.

2009 F150… The Girl was born. Ya, you’re seeing a theme here, aren’t you. :rofl:
2015 Jeep.. How are you going to transport that dirty motorcycle oil to the recycle place? :dontknow: Sorry Jeep you gotta go.

2014 F150… Crossing the Country and imagining a gum ball style rally drive with Bill Ferran taking the southern route and I the north out to Colorado. (Ring “where you at” “oh I’m here”) :cool:

2022 F150… The memories are yet to be written.

• Like 2

'74 Monte Carlo - girlfriend got soaked when the hard rain pushed right thru the window gasket. She also got wet when I went thru a puddle. Sold shortly after.

'85 Jeep - girlfriend got wet when I gave her a ride to work with no doors on the jeep.

'79 Chevy truck - girlfriend got wet when I went thru a puddle. Sold shortly after.

'79 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (my favorite car)- girlfriend got wet I went thru a puddle. Sold shortly after.

A theme going here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

I remember and relate to different periods in my life by what car I drove or what motorcycle I had at the time. :dontknow: Yeah, weird I know. :grin:

Oh to live back in those Pinto days

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

'74 Monte Carlo - girlfriend got soaked when the hard rain pushed right thru the window gasket. She also got wet when I went thru a puddle. Sold shortly after.

'85 Jeep - girlfriend got wet when I gave her a ride to work with no doors on the jeep.

'79 Chevy truck - girlfriend got wet when I went thru a puddle. Sold shortly after.

'79 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (my favorite car)- girlfriend got wet I went thru a puddle. Sold shortly after.

A theme going here.

Ya, your girlfriend's get wet when they're with you:18:

• Smile 1
  • Thinking 1

I fully expect my wife to get wet going thru a puddle in my current truck (same girl from the previous story and vehicles - she's a sucker for punishment).

I tend to run my rusty pos's into the ground.

When I was in school I had a 66 impala and my roommate had a 65 Impala. If you opened the trunk you would find 3-5 spare tire retreads back in the day when they weren’t so good. We called them Goodyear Mapops… cuz they might pop at any moment. It wasn’t uncommon when going home for the holidays to go through a couple of popped tires 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I fully expect my wife to get wet going thru a puddle in my current truck (same girl from the previous story and vehicles - she's a sucker for punishment).

I tend to run my rusty pos's into the ground

Hey, if it’s still working I say keep driving them POS! :dance: 

Line? :dontknow:

John Ranalletta
21 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Oh to live back in those Pinto days

Had two Pintos.  The first was rearended and didn't explode.  Totaled.  The second, a wagon burned up when a fuel line leak ignited an engine compartment fire. Totaled.  Was driving down the street when another driver yelled, "Your car's on fire."  The hood turned black at the next stop light.

Traded in a 1969 Ford Fairline GT, a graduation present to me, for the first Pinto when first child arrived.  Farilane was < $3k out the door new.

image.png.64b2ff453757f068617cf9defdf43a6d.png

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Sad 1
30 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Hey, if it’s still working I say keep driving them POS! :dance: 

Line? :dontknow:

Not sure what you're asking there ('02 GMC?), but the wife says new(er) truck next year when the car is payed off. She's sick of seeing rust in, and on, the driveway. Not to mention fighting the broken seatbelt, that really frosts her every ride. Can't blame her. I'd really like to own one without rust myself. I do like not having to worry about dinging or scratching it up, but I'm sure we'll get that out of the way pretty quickly with the new one.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, TEWKS said:

So it sounds like my memory process isn’t all that unique. :thumbsup: A few brief memories when thinking back on the vehicles I had.

For a time reference this all began in 80-81.

70 Monte Carlo… How the hell did I get home? :facepalm:
72 Dodge Dart … Showing the 4x4 guys how to get through a mud bog at a pit party! :yes:

79 F150… Going through the ice in a shallow pond and then mashing the pedal to the boards and making it out! :4317:
84 Monte Carlo SS… Some girl from Wilmington. :dance: :classic_blush:
86 Mustang GT… short lived, returned it due to hidden body damage. (Actually remember getting screwed out of a grand)

87 Mustang GT… Lighting up the tires at an intersection and almost doing an unplanned 360 degree spin! :dopeslap:
89 F150 Short bed.. I ordered it with red interior, why, I don’t know. :dontknow:

99 F150.. Flair-side. The Boy was born.

2009 F150… The Girl was born. Ya, you’re seeing a theme here, aren’t you. :rofl:
2015 Jeep.. How are you going to transport that dirty motorcycle oil to the recycle place? :dontknow: Sorry Jeep you gotta go.

2014 F150… Crossing the Country and imagining a gum ball style rally drive with Bill Ferran taking the southern route and I the north out to Colorado. (Ring “where you at” “oh I’m here”) :cool:

2022 F150… The memories are yet to be written.

‘70 Monte Carlo was a great.car.  That generation Monte was killer.  I had a 1970 with a 400 !  The really nice ones had a 4 speed but very rare.  The 1972 was the last year of that generation and was the best.  I could “light them up” at almost any speed in my ‘70!

• Like 1
lawnchairboy
14 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Cool restomod! Link

Screenshot_20230807_064402_Chrome.jpg.a5c16ee3e6cf603371a3a62097adca1a.jpg

Had a good friend that resto modded a falcon, suicide doors, engine, paint…etc etc.  got a soft spot for that car.

• Like 1

Here's a Falcon for you, called a Cayuse. A prototype, only two in the world, this one was at a show in a field behind a bar north of the Twin Cities in Minnesota. It's really one of one, it has the only set of original wheels that exist. The link tells some of the story, has some better pictures.

https://autobiotags.com/cars/ac44884

IMG_20220814_134936461_HDR.thumb.jpg.2df17342f9a398f837715aad499aa6c3.jpgIMG_20220814_134947837_HDR.thumb.jpg.28a84b81130f1d597bc0a28732a3f1d6.jpg

• Like 2
roadscholar

1963-Ford-Falcon-Futura-ford-39573650-1600-1200.jpg

The '63 Falcon (Futura) was a pretty car, the subtle, rounded lines have withstood the test of time, the fastback is particularly good looking, keep in mind it started life as a cheap little economy car. In '64 it and the Comet showed up with angles and creases which weren't as pretty but style was changing rapidly in those days. Had Ford not introduced the Mustang, GM would've likely cleaned their clocks as it's stuff was much better looking across the board. Some may not agree but just look at values these days for confirmation.

My stepdad was a Lincoln Mercury dealer then so after a year of choosing clunkers off the back line of the used car lot I finally got to drive something cool, a used '64 Caliente with 289 and 4-speed, white and red interior. It was a great little car and fast enough to get you in trouble, similar to this but w/o the mag wheels.

1964 Mercury Comet Caliente | Anoka Classic Car Show Sponsor… | Flickr

Great Falcon clip : )

RandyShields
7 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Great Falcon clip : )

Great chemistry at play at the end of this movie.  The best lines in the film: "We need to get Rusty a girl."  "There's a women's prison down the road."

• Like 2
Lone_RT_rider
3 hours ago, RTinNC said:

ScreenShot2023-08-06at4_53_37PM.png.208a7567018d1e3d5c6600fe5157296c.png

My favorite scene is where he pulls the header caps at the gas station just before he heads out looking for Falfa..... Not that I've seen that movie a few times.  ;)

Edited by Lone_RT_rider
Corrected for autocorrect mistake
42 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

My favorite scene is where he pulls the header caps at the gas station just before he heads out looking for Falco..... Not that I've seen that movie a few times.  ;)

That movie came out right when I was a senior in High School so we pretty live that movie.  There was a park that we cruised every night especially on Friday and Saturday.   We all had our "reserved" parking spot along the park road and would hang out and cruise.   When we'd leave the park my buddy and I would look at each other and just say "Paradise Road" !   Then off we went to our local version of Paradise Road to street race.   I had a '66 Ford and my best buddy had a '66 Chevy!   We were pretty poor kids and did not afford the fancy stuff like 'Cudas and Camaros.   But none less we had a blast with Chrome reverse wheels, hi-jacker shocks and of course Cherry Bombs or Thrush mufflers! 

I've see American Graffiti at least a dozen times.   My favorite scene is the first time Harrison Ford (Falfa) meets Paul Lamont (Milner) and they are side by side.  Harrison  Ford's first big movie.  It also launched Richard Dryfus !   A true classic! 

Oh and get this ... at that same time in the northeast Wolfman Jack was actually live on a NYC station!!   So we truly got to live it !! 

• Like 1