IGNORED

Cars..

roadscholar

Probably (quite) a bit higher, seems closely based on the GT, judging by the picture. Doubtful it will be offered at a price close to the base C8 under $75k or so. More likely well over $100k, probably much higher as it will be considered a supercar.

Guess I'll just have to stick with a regular 'Stang with the Darkhorse package for about $70k.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Porsche video.. yawn : ) This one's a little different tho, in the 70's we knew the potential these cars had and some modified them with racing parts available at the time but none quite like this. I had several that were similar but probably down 75-85hp, up several hundred lbs, and down at least 3k rpms. Still potent little buggers that could and did embarrass a few unsuspecting pony cars. This one stretches the definition of vintage a bit far, nearly the entire car is carbon fiber.

SWB 67 9iiS @2i00 lbs, w/high comp 2.6L, @250hp

IMG_E0602 (1).JPG

73 9iiS MFI 2.7L @2300lbs, 225hp

IMG_E0596 (1).JPG

73 9iiS MFI high comp 2.8L 2200lbs @285hp. 

IMG_E0577 (1).JPG

72 9iiST factory race car, high comp 2.7L @270 hp, 2050lbs.

OceTDS0702.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I bet someone here could answer this question @roadscholar and I’m sure, a few others. :classic_biggrin: 2014 Boxster S with an “automatic transmission”. Does or did Porsche have automatic transmissions and a PDK or, are they one and the same? PDK’s get pretty good reviews, just not sure if an auto trans would be something to avoid. Asking for William’s friend. ;) :spittake:

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I bet someone here could answer this question @roadscholar and I’m sure, a few others. :classic_biggrin: 2014 Boxster S with an “automatic transmission”. Does or did Porsche have automatic transmissions and a PDK or, are they one and the same? PDK’s get pretty good reviews, just not sure if an auto trans would be something to avoid. Asking for William’s friend. ;) :spittake:

It's a PDK Pat, up thru '08 Boxsters and Cayman had Tiptronic (and pretty sure 9ll's), after that they were PDK. A PDK is a manual trans with no clutch (as we know it) and can be left in auto mode to shift itself. Tiptronic is an automatic trans with a torque converter that can be shifted manually. PDK is much faster shifting and is faster than a manual too usually around 2 sec a lap quicker on an average track which is a lot in racing terms.. Usually people knock a PDK until they spend a little time with one then most prefer it. Tiptronic is a 5-speed and PDK a 7-speed. Here's a link that goes into more depth.

https://www.pca.org/news/whats-the-difference-between-tiptronic-pdk-transmissions-pca-tech-tips

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh man, this picture is like free crack to an addict or even a more accurate description, a bowl of ice cream to a fireman who’s trying to drop thirty! :classic_biggrin: Thanks Dennis, I will look at that article more closely. :thumbsup:

IMG_0616.webp

5 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Oh man, this picture is like free crack to an addict or even a more accurate description, a bowl of ice cream to a fireman who’s trying to drop thirty! :classic_biggrin: Thanks Dennis, I will look at that article more closely. :thumbsup:

IMG_0616.webp

From the article:

Well, it would be, if I weren't barrelling through it in a brand-new Guards Red Porsche Boxster S with the roof down on a sub-zero day, equipped with a comprehensive grin and the 3.4-litre flat-six making a raw-throated, rasping howl as it savagely hunts down a 7,800rpm red line. An engine happy to be used to the fullest, revvy as hell. It's like popping a red phosphorous flare in a dark room - the view just got brighter and more exciting, but four times as dangerous and likely to make your eyes water.

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
2 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

From the article:

Well, it would be, if I weren't barrelling through it in a brand-new Guards Red Porsche Boxster S with the roof down on a sub-zero day, equipped with a comprehensive grin and the 3.4-litre flat-six making a raw-throated, rasping howl as it savagely hunts down a 7,800rpm red line. An engine happy to be used to the fullest, revvy as hell. It's like popping a red phosphorous flare in a dark room - the view just got brighter and more exciting, but four times as dangerous and likely to make your eyes water.

Sounds like something Hunter S. Thompson might of wrote! :cool: 

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

My buddy Mike picked this up in CA and had it shipped home. Originally he'd flown out with the intention of driving the car back with his 13-year-old son. But as happens, the car wasn't as represented, and the deal fell apart. A week later the seller decided he did in fact want too much money, and he came off his price and my buddy Mike had it shipped home.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

l200hp def lets you do some stuff that most cars can't : )

A little backstory. A long time buddy that credits me with teaching him how to drive a racecar 40 years ago is now head of Porsche Club (PCA) Racing in the US, but I also gave his son a joyride when he was just a kid. As you might expect he grew up to become a total car guy and is now Lucid's US Operations Manager for Collision. He normally drives a Rivian but picked up a Cayman GT4 recently like this one. Maybe he'll give me a joyride someday, or better yet let me drive it  : )

british-racing-green-porsche-porsche-718-cayman-gt4-shows-amazing-spec-136022-7.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.bc2a38f23557a7fc6fab8f0312544202.jpeg

• Like 5

Would certainly make a nice pair Pat. His dad said he wasn't keen on the gold wheels at first but likes them now, he also wasn't sure he'd like the PDK but after getting used to it, loves it. Dave took that shot at Roebling Road in the 80's.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

@TEWKS

IMG_0427.thumb.jpeg.9ee8917c48cb517047c340e57766d0e1.jpeg

:cool:

Something tells me those fender vents pushes that car up into an unattainable level. :classic_biggrin:

I did inquire about that 2014 Boxster S I posted on the Craigslist Find thread a few weeks ago, got no response at all. :dontknow:

Does this sound something you wouldn’t respond back to?

Hi there,
Your car looks very clean. I read you’re the second owner after coming off lease. Did you lease it then bought it or was it leased by somebody else?
Also, do you have any pictures of the interior wear mentioned? 
Are you available to show it sometime this week or would Saturday be better?

Thanks, and sorry for all the questions! 😀

Pat ……
Dennis Andress
8 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

:cool:

Something tells me those fender vents pushes that car up into an unattainable level. :classic_biggrin:

I did inquire about that 2014 Boxster S I posted on the Craigslist Find thread a few weeks ago, got no response at all. :dontknow:

Does this sound something you wouldn’t respond back to?

Hi there,
Your car looks very clean. I read you’re the second owner after coming off lease. Did you lease it then bought it or was it leased by somebody else?
Also, do you have any pictures of the interior wear mentioned? 
Are you available to show it sometime this week or would Saturday be better?

Thanks, and sorry for all the questions! 😀

Pat ……

Start off with something simple:

”I like your car

Dennis

805 …..”

• Thanks 1

The proper inquiry: "I want to buy your car, I am willing to pay your full price, I will have my certified transport contractor pick it up as I am out of the country serving in the military, he will have a check for you when he arrives to take delivery. Please send me your address."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, RTinNC said:

Now you're talking!   I can respect the Porsches but THESE are the cool cars. 

Pffffttt….

IMG_0012.jpeg.5afb5377e0caab25d9c04b8c159b52b8.jpeg

• Smile 1

We have a monthly gathering called Supercar Saturday, of course the exotics get the attention, I feel bad for the guys with the Porsches, they just aren't as flashy and don't get the attention of the masses, even though it is deserved.

IMG_20220618_104232336_HDR.thumb.jpg.efbe597793303d3cd2396a1b7ece6939.jpg

IMG_20220618_104205375_HDR.thumb.jpg.7915bc1fb092b9570194d90b5f3ff33d.jpg

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

We have a monthly gathering called Supercar Saturday, of course the exotics get the attention, I feel bad for the guys with the Porsches, they just aren't as flashy and don't get the attention of the masses, even though it is deserved.

IMG_20220618_104232336_HDR.thumb.jpg.efbe597793303d3cd2396a1b7ece6939.jpg

IMG_20220618_104205375_HDR.thumb.jpg.7915bc1fb092b9570194d90b5f3ff33d.jpg

Maybe because they all look like a squashed VW Bug? 

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Pffffttt….

IMG_0012.jpeg.5afb5377e0caab25d9c04b8c159b52b8.jpeg

Yup ….. got a riding buddy with a track car like that and a red daily driver.  Fun to watch but a deuce coupe get my heart racing!

IMG_0192.jpeg.4a34bb91867b0b9f3b0138c88016d28c.jpeg

On 9/23/2023 at 12:53 AM, LBump said:

Mesquite, NV

20230922_091522.thumb.jpg.e11d8d2931894b4ea0d381a95b8102fc.jpg

6 hours ago, RTinNC said:

Now you're talking!   I can respect the Porsches but THESE are the cool cars. 

You might appreciate this one that belongs to a buddy. I don't remember the exact details but it's one of, if not the first, hotrod built in Socal in the late 40's or early 50's. I know it sounds preposterous but that's the story : )

CF0519E7-293B-483C-9198-E3EFE49EF0F8.jpeg

78576664-F0ED-4DB9-96DB-CBF311B45CED.jpeg

BD5C35B8-6C33-4A1E-A4F6-B5BA6378E936.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, roadscholar said:

You might appreciate this one that belongs to a buddy. I don't remember the exact details but it's one of, if not the first, hotrod built in Socal in the late 40's or early 50's. I know it sounds preposterous but that's the story : )

CF0519E7-293B-483C-9198-E3EFE49EF0F8.jpeg

78576664-F0ED-4DB9-96DB-CBF311B45CED.jpeg

BD5C35B8-6C33-4A1E-A4F6-B5BA6378E936.jpeg

Nice!

In '89, I bought a '73 for $300.  Guy said the "alternator" went out and he was trying to pull the "alternator" off to get a new one.  I told him, I'll put it back together, and if it jumps, I'll give ya $300.  I put it back together, the thing jumped just fine, although driving home, couldn't get above 25ish.  I had the fuel line's mixed up.  Anyway, I got new bushes for that "alternator" and the thing ran just fine. 

Although, being a car from Ohio, it had it's fair share of rust.  Had a buddy riding with me, we had to make several stops on base, I push the brake, and it suddenly goes to the floor.  Buddy said, how we gonna stop.  I said, I push the brakes to light the brake lights and use the e-brake,.....worked like a charm.  Finally got home, and the brake lines were rusted through.  Trip to autozone, back home, install, bled, good as new.

Heading to the rifle range one rainy morning, there was a dip in the road that had standing water.  I hit the dip, and due to the rust I had a free NC DOT shower.  Water came in the car from both sides.

Sold that car right before my 1990 deployment for $300.  Engine was perfect, body was perfect, just the belly sucked.....shoulda found a southern non rusted one to swap with.

But I'd have to add air conditioning now.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Rougarou said:

But I'd have to add air conditioning now.

Up here in da nort' we wish we could add HEAT. And my VW story also involves water...

Setup: it's early-early spring, and weather was freaky. Had poured rain the few days previous, then turned unseasonably cold and windy. Like 20 degrees air temp with 0 degree wind chill cold.

Good friend from HS says "wanna go downtown to the 'sports show'", (outdoorsy stuff like hunting and fishing), I say 'sure'. He gets permission to use his old man's '70-something 'Sport' model Bug. I say it was a sport model because I recall a 'Sport' badge on the back and a 4- or something speed tranny. What it didn't have was a good heater, or any heater. And bad gaskets around the vents and windows. We're underdressed like the cool teens did and freezing our arses off booking down the freeway at whatever pedal-to-the-metal speed that thing would give. It was a relief to park the car and have to walk to the convention center to do our thing, which we did.

More setup: the sidewalks around the downtown convention center had big square curbed planters with a tree growing up the middle. Remember, it had rained, to the point planters had six or more inches of standing water in them.

We're done, walking back to the car and a girl catches our attention. I don't know why since she would have also been bundled up against the cold...anyway, she was interesting enough that we both start walking backwards, mouths agape. I had the sense that something wasn't right so stopped walking and turned, but couldn't get the words, "Craig, stop..." out of my mouth before his heels hit curb and he does full Nestea plunge fall backwards into the rain filled planter...

So now we have to drive home, he drenched to the bone in his soaking wet letter jacket, in the drafty VW with no heat. He says 'you tell anybody about this and I'll kill you....'. Sure, Craig Dudley, Milwaukee, 1983, Mum's the word...

(I think I felt bad for him at the time but since then it's ROTFLMAO everytime I think about it.)

• Smile 2
  • Haha 1

Ok, it’s not a car I know, but it’s not a motorcycle either! :spittake:

Here’s my new fire truck! :yes: I say mine because the Chief has plans to put this new engine at the south station. Which happens to be the station I’ll be at for my remaining time I have on the department. 

Pierce Enforcer. This is the first time they are going with the black over red.

IMG_4010.jpeg.26f07545340d42e57a054ff3e964343e.jpeg

Here’s what makes it a fire truck. The pump.

IMG_4011.jpeg.d3d16af726ea567b7238cab33bbe5f3c.jpeg

The body.

IMG_4012.thumb.jpeg.7474969c699d1e206ba59372c42a6102.jpeg

These pictures were taken the other day and they are predicting it should be delivered in four weeks. I think it’s gonna be a little longer but we’ll see.

• Like 2