IGNORED

THE 2013 College Football Thread...

Huzband

so i've enjoyed the banter back and forth this year. some of you know that i adopted UCF many years ago as my florida team. less than an hour drive to a game, we upgraded and enjoy the use of the golden knights box with seats just outside. we also have been decent over the years. this year we are not bad. ucf whipped a cocky L-ville team friday. L-ville is good, but they lost and ucf is now ranked. spurrier was lucky to squeak out a win a few weeks ago and penn state now knows who ucf is.

i also attend a few Duke home games. while the team is much better they are still a bottom dweller in the acc, but did make it to a bowl game last year. the good news is they're 5-2 and have a few winnable games left and a fairly potent offense.

in my town is florida institute of technology who are playing their first D-2 season of football. yes, we are boosters.

i love college football and will ride ucf as long as i can. please continue on. for those who understand college football good luck. for those who just shout out a team, good luck as well.

Although we are Gator fans in our house, I love UCF football. They are a gritty team that is flying under the radar. Going to try to get to a game before the season ends. Despite FSU's good showing over the weekend, still not convinced.

Brian,

they played well and deserve to be ranked ahead of L'ville, just as Auburn deserves to br ranked ahead of LSU.

There are other examples of head to head outcomes and "pollsters" who think their opinion count more than the actual game.

Most schools have benefiitted from this and most have been hurt.

Shame that we still have people polls w/out accountability.

Brian,

they played well and deserve to be ranked ahead of L'ville, just as Auburn deserves to br ranked ahead of LSU.

There are other examples of head to head outcomes and "pollsters" who think their opinion count more than the actual game.

Most schools have benefiitted from this and most have been hurt.

Shame that we still have people polls w/out accountability.

how true, but then we'd have nothing to bitch about.

Tim, I'm praying for either wide r or wide l. Think my U is going to be dumped hard.

The U is good. If they can get off the NCAA shit list they'll be even better.

Tim, I'm praying for either wide r or wide l. Think my U is going to be dumped hard.

The U is good. If they can get off the NCAA shit list they'll be even better.

Of course I'm looking for a repeat of FSU's performance when the 'Noles play the 'Canes, but I must say that as South Floridian one can't help but be impressed with what Al Golden has been doing down here with both his hands tied behind his back. He is outstanding, and the U's program is on it's way, as is FSU's. The world is restoring its natural balance.

On a sad note we lost Coach James today. A classy guy that inspired a lot of people up here, not just his players. RIP Dawg Father.

This is a sad note, I really enjoyed watching his Huskies play. They were a real powerhouse under his leadership.

I also remember some great Rose Bowl games with Michigan vs his Huskies. Great games! I remember Nepolean Kaufman mocking Desmond Howards Heisman trophy by posing in the end zone after a touchdown on the way to a blowout of Michigan. And I remember "Super 6" Tyrone Wheatley the following year smoke the Huskies with 2 big touchdown runs to secure a Rose Bowl victory for Michigan.

I hated coach Don James; he was so damn good!

James,

A little research finds he also played quarterback for the UM Hurricanes in the 1950s, was an assistant at both FSU and Michigan . James also pulled Nick Saban into coaching as an assistant for him. The man had a lot of connections.

So the verdict is in on the U.

Predictably the USC/OSU/PSU'ers are whining.

Not surprised they ca;'t see the difference between cooperation, self imposed penalties that are significant, efforts to clean house and comply, and the BS obfuscaton and lying at those schools.

November 2nd, 8pm baby.

I think that now the U will be able to fully come back. The good players no longer have to leave for central or north florida.

Any games tomorrow worth talking about?

Michigan has a bye, so that's equal to a win for 'em. :rofl:

Apologies to James & Phil. I couldn't help myself. :wave:

Hey, I watched all 60 minutes, as I always do. :grin:

BTW, when's the last time, if ever, a team had two bye weeks in the same season? Never heard of it, but Bama had one before the A&M game, & they have one this Sat. Not that I mind, mind you. After all LSwho is coming to town, & Les is probably still steaming about that Ole Miss game.

Morning coffee at Doak. Waitin' on the 'Canes. Have fun Tim.

020-M.jpg

Nice shot. Love the blue sky, shadow on the field, & empty stands.

Exactly how it will be on 1/6/14. :grin:

Ou-ouu-ouu-ch! Walked into that one. Man, that was good.

C'mon Stanford. Shoo the Ducks from the pond. Time to let the Tide roll in and get some.

Gee Jake, last time we watched an FSU game together they played, oh who was that team, oh yeah,

AlanotsoBama.

FSU 21 bamahh 14

Go Noles!

No amount of revision will change that and if we get a chance this year, might just be the Ducks we play for the title.

:lurk:

Damn, if I have to root for Alabamasatan vs. the Criminoles, I guess I'll have to do it...

#wishtheybothcouldlose

Damn, if I have to root for Alabamasatan vs. the Criminoles, I guess I'll have to do it...

#wishtheybothcouldlose

Admit it. You like Bama. Never mind Nick. If Jeremy Foley had coughed up the dough, you'd be singing a different tune. :Cool:

#wishtheybothcouldlose

Admit it. You like Bama. Never mind Nick. If Jeremy Foley had coughed up the dough, you'd be singing a different tune. :Cool:

I can't say you're wrong, but I think I would use his name correctly then...

Tell you what, Michigan sure is moving the ball on Michigan State.

Michigan State stacked their defense on only one side of the line of scrimmage. Slyly, Michigan is gaining yards in the opposite direction!

Now that's what I call, "thinking outside the box"! :dopeslap:

Gators played so poorly overall I think a big 10 team might be able to beat them.

My guess is if they lose to FSUCKS, Muschamp will be in the hot seat.

Gators played so poorly overall I think a big 10 team might be able to beat them.

Aww shucks, man. You're just saying that to cheer me up.

I love you, man :cry:

Aww shucks, man. You're just saying that to cheer me up.

I love you, man :cry:

:rofl:

Thanks James, I needed that one.

I don't know about you Timmy, but that is the most balanced Florida State team I've ever seen. Watching two 300#+ offensive linemen in Stork and Matias pave the way at speed way downfield for Freeman was impressive. Two turnovers and 55 yards of penalties was simply shrugged off.

C'mon Stanford!

First, it was Miami

:clap: , sorry (sorta/not) Marty.

They are a very good team.

An excellent team considering the cloud and restrictions they

are/were under, great coaching job

Yes it is the best team I've seen at FSU since '93 team.

Might have better chance to hope for 'Bama to lose, Oregon is formidable.

Go Noles!

Yes it is the best team I've seen at FSU since '93 team.

Might have better chance to hope for 'Bama to lose, Oregon is formidable.

Go Noles!

What are the odds we will see a Florida State/Alabama game? I remember the days when I'd see a Florida/Florida State game in the "post season", so that suggests the SEC champ played the ACC champ. Is that game off the table now that we're in the BCS era?

Looks like the criminoles are for real. Young Master Squinton did a good job getting past two bad interceptions.

I believe FSU is better than O, so I hope they get their wish. You're not #1 till you beat #1. Bring it on!

:lurk:

FSU is destined for 3rd in BCS due to both of their upcoming schedules. Too bad, this is a great team and a game against 'Bama would be classic.

FSU is destined for 3rd in BCS due to both of their upcoming schedules. Too bad, this is a great team and a game against 'Bama would be classic.

I agree.

Floriduh, on the other hand, should be suspended from the SEC till they can get their $%^t together. Muschump is becoming an embarrassment.

Floriduh, on the other hand, should be suspended from the SEC till they can get their $%^t together. Muschump is becoming an embarrassment.

I'll vote for that. just as soon as I print up my Bring Back Spurrier buttons.

FSU is certainly rooting for Stanford this week.

I watching the game now. Really hoping Stanford wins this one.

I want to see Alabama v Florida State for all the marbles. Yeah, baby :thumbsup:

In case y'all forgot, there's football this Saturday. Bama gives LesS sMiles what for.

What else?

Aside from the game on now (Oregon @ Stanford), your game is pretty much it in the way of significant contests. Of course, there's always the unexpected upset; no doubt the rankings will do some big time shifting this weekend.

Not that it matters to Michigan :smirk:

I want to see Alabama v Florida State for all the marbles. Yeah, baby :thumbsup:

Les Miles & Co may be looking to spoil those plans on Saturday. Seems to me 12 1/2 points is a little bit too much respect.

Stanford, who lost to Utah, dominates Oregon.

:clap:

FSU needs to play their game, not the opponent.

Florida still lurks.

'Bama should destroy LSU as Saban tries to go out in a blaze of SEC glory before going to Texas.

:wave:

Go Noles!

stanford helped FSU in the BCS. so now, can any teams below FSU move up????

At Duke this weekend for B-Ball and F-Ball (and some time with the daughter), missing the UCF game.

Stanford, who lost to Utah, dominates Oregon.

:clap:

FSU needs to play their game, not the opponent.

Florida still lurks.

'Bama should destroy LSU as Saban tries to go out in a blaze of SEC glory before going to Texas.

:wave:

Go Noles!

Dammit, I may wind up living near SAbAN?

I think Muschump better beat Jimbo and play spoiler if he wants to coach at UF next year. He can ask Ron Zook about losing to UGA and FSU and what kind of pressure Jeremy is under when that happens.

Archived