IGNORED

THE 2013 College Football Thread...

Huzband

The Buckeye nation was cheering on Oklahoma last night with the whoopin' they put on over hyped Baylor..... you Alabama folk better be worried- the only thing keeping the Buckeyes from ruining your championship game is an FSU QB who seem to be in some trouble with the law these days.....

see ya in Pasadena

Don J :wave:

Maybe, maybe not. Could be the buckys might be spared the embarrassment of Bama OR FS. Sort of like the golden child (ND) suffered last year. Not even in the same league.Next..

One game left at home to Northern Arizona (8-2, 6-1). Win and off to the playoffs, lose and it's complicated

Lost the game after appalling ref call (ball bounced off ground into receiver's hands and he then strolled into the end zone).

BUT, selected for the FCS playoffs anyway, first time ever to the playoffs. Will face the runner up from the last two years, Sam Houston State at their place in Huntsville. (They are 8-4 this year as is SUU)

I wasn't gonna mention the Gators out of respect for those in mourning. C'mon, even Seminole and Hurricane fans need to pause for a moment of silence after yesterday's game.

Believe it or not, we all take a loss when something like this happens. You want to beat a strong Gator team, not the likes of what we see this fall.

Trust me, I know. I am a Michigan fan :cry:

I wasn't gonna mention the Gators out of respect for those in mourning.

Believe me, they deserve it. They're quite obnoxious when they win! :grin:

true, but most of us resemble that remark anyway. that's the beauty of college football.

I wasn't gonna mention the Gators out of respect for those in mourning. C'mon, even Seminole and Hurricane fans need to pause for a moment of silence after yesterday's game. Believe it or not, we all take a loss when something like this happens. You want to beat a strong Gator team, not the likes of what we see this fall. Trust me, I know. I am a Michigan fan :cry:

That's well put James.

I think the best thing about the Gators this year is that I've had my saturday's back. I'm not stuck in front of the tube, watching and worrying. I've been doing some work around the house, riding and wrenching on my motorcycles, enjoying life.

I have about as much faith in Muschamp leading the gators to redemption as I do our government paying off it's debts.

I think the best thing about the Gators this year is that I've had my saturday's back. I'm not stuck in front of the tube, watching and worrying. I've been doing some work around the house, riding and wrenching on my motorcycles, enjoying life.

I have about as much faith in Muschamp leading the gators to redemption as I do our government paying off it's debts.

Ha....i'd bet on Musher before the govt.

Trust me, I know. I am a Michigan fan :cry:

The pendulum swings both ways, give it time.

FWIW, I was a Fla. State alumn a good while before St. Bobby came to town, BTDT.

true, but most of us resemble that remark anyway. that's the beauty of college football.

Just injecting a little levity (sometimes known as humor) into the CFT, as a pall had seemed to come over it, obviously a bad idea and apparently lost cause.

Will get off an apology and condolences to Gator Nation, Division of Fragile Sensibilities. :wave:

I am emotionally spent right now. Ohio State at Michigan game was colossal, better than anything I could have hoped for! Michigan sucked so bad this fall, I feared a blowout. Instead, the game came down to a 2 point conversion with about 30 seconds left on the clock. Michigan lost about as well as a team can lose a big game like this one.

Congrats Michigan. Congrats Ohio State.

We are not going to see any bowl games as exciting as todays games were. Today is about as good as it gets, or as bad, depending upon your point of view.

Alabama was caught sleeping, if you ask me. I would have kicked, too, were I Saban. Seemed like a safe play with next to no risks--except there was a risk and the Tide were not prepared for it. That's the letdown right there, the lack of preparation for the "what if" scenario. Hard lesson learned, but it won't be soon forgotten.

As per my Friday tradition during football season, I'm wearing a Bama shirt. Cashier guy at Publix asks me if I'm scared of us playing FSU. I didn't want to insult the young man by rolling on the floor in laughter, so I politely choked it back & said "why would I be? The game isn't scheduled yet. And if they get there, I won't be. But I hope it happens."

Kids these days. :rofl:

You're right, that sure was presumptuous of your Publix Guy. I thought FSU was playing Ohio State in Pasadena this year.

I LOVE it when a plan comes together.

He's been layin low lately, believe he was kinda semi-prepared.

What can you say, the bigger they come the harder they fall : )

Welfare check, aisle 4. Danny???? Oh Dannnnyyyyyyyyy!!!

In other news, that was a heck of a game with Michigan/Ohio State!!! It's an L in the column but a W by all other accounts.

thank heaven this season is over...

I may actually root for a big 10 team in the big game. Unless Duke can pull one out of it's collective rear end...

I am waiting for the rankings to come out tomorrow. What do you expect they will show?

1) Florida State

2) Ohio State? -- I have my doubts. They struggled against unranked Michigan, whereas Auburn beat the #1 team in the nation. Yeah, the Buckeyes are undefeated, but pretty much ALL the Big 10 is kinda sorry this year...I'd place Auburn here.

3) Alabama

4) Ohio State

5) Missouri (assuming they beat the Aggies--doubtful)

6) Clemson (assuming they beat the Gamecocks--doubtful)

We'll see how the respective conference championship games play out. My point is this: I'm not so sure we'll see a Big 10 team playing for the National Championship. I'm not sure I want to (recall last years Alabama/Notre Dame game :smirk:)

I may actually root for a big 10 team in the big game. Unless Duke can pull one out of it's collective rear end...

Hey pull for MIZZOU, keep it in the SEC.

BTW: I am well aware that ND is not in the Big 10. My point is simply that I want to see teams that have proven themselves against formidable opponents in the big game to ensure a worthy contest, that's all.

Eric,

I guess I am going to have to remind you that we can take a hour and a half ride to College Station and see some real SEC football. Let me know if you are game to see a real team play.

I ain't gonna say a single word, nope, not one.

Hey pull for MIZZOU, keep it in the SEC.

They won't be playing anyone I detest. Otherwise, I would.

Mizzou will wind up in the Outback bowl against some big 10 team who thinks it's a great game to be in, instead of just the clash of second place...

I've stated before that I felt the idea of a "National Championship" was ridiculous without a playoff system. If that wasn't clear before it sure should be clear to everyone now.

Next year's changes will be a slight improvement, but still too limited with the number of college teams. The winner of a 16 team playoff system would have the right to consider themselves National Champions.

Welfare check, aisle 4. Danny???? Oh Dannnnyyyyyyyyy!!!

In other news, that was a heck of a game with Michigan/Ohio State!!! It's an L in the column but a W by all other accounts.

I'm still alive, but not so well.

I LOVED the OSU/Mich game, right up till the end. Believe me, I feel your pain.

As for the other game....scuze me...I'm gonna be sick... :P

I LOVE it when a plan comes together.

What, FSU & OSU?

Yeah, two teams that haven't had a challenge all season. That's a champ game to be proud of. :grin:

If anyone thinks Albama is a forth ranked team, then I want some of what you're smokin'.

Danny, no, the Bama loss hurt me more than the Michigan loss. Michigan exceeded my expectations; they gave Ohio State all the Buckeyes could handle. To see unranked Michigan play like that against a team ranked #3 in the nation was impressive. To see Auburn play Alabama like that was impressive, too! But c'mon. I cannot get my head around the idea that Alabama is not #1.

Alabama v Ohio State. Where's your money gonna be?

Alabama v Auburn.

Alabama v Florida State.

Alabama v ....New England Patriots.

C'mon.

Honestly, I think Saban could leave Alabama right now, fly to Ann Arbor, and have Michigan prepared to play for the National Championship :smirk:

Honestly, I think Saban could leave Alabama right now, fly to Ann Arbor, and have Michigan prepared to play for the National Championship in 9-12 years :smirk:

Fixed it for you

I don't understand the love affair with Ohio st. Was it their impressive win over #16 Northwestern (40-30), or # 23 Wisconsin (31-24) Those are their only wins against currently ranked teams. Or their out of conference smack down of the rattlers of Fla A&M. They are #3 because of who they are, not what they have accomplished on the field.

I don't understand the love affair with Ohio st. Was it their impressive win over #16 Northwestern (40-30), or # 23 Wisconsin (31-24) Those are their only wins against currently ranked teams. Or their out of conference smack down of the rattlers of Fla A&M. They are #3 because of who they are, not what they have accomplished on the field.

It's the fact that they have something Auburn and Alabama don't - an undefeated season. No love affair, really - just facts of life under the BCS. Strength of schedule makes for a great Monday morning conversation, but according to the Sagarin rankings Auburn's strength of schedule is 26th. Both Stanford and Arizona State have a higher strength of schedule ranking than Auburn's, and both are significantly higher than FSU's or OSU's, but we don't hear their ADs whining, campaigning and complaining. I quote from the internet: "No unbeaten team from a BCS automatic-qualifying conference has ever been ranked behind a one-loss team in the BCS standings." So the premium is on winning.

Do I think Auburn and Alabama are better than Ohio State? An unqualified yes. But, you have to win 'em all. So, the rankings got it right. Heck, there should be a Mizzou supporter on here screaming from high heaven that their team deserves a chance, and if they beat Auburn next week they will have had only one double-overtime loss. That's more impressive than OSU's season.

We'll see what next week brings. Maybe Sparty can finish what their cross-town cousins almost accomplished and take care of OSU, and if not, we'll have the entire great State of Michigan in the Noles' corner, assuming they make it to Pasadena. That's far more interesting to me than playing Alabama. The look on Saban's face on Saturday night was priceless.

go Duke...

Not going to be pretty this weekend, but someone has to play the Noles.

Going to be interesting to see who UCF plays in the BCS bowl assuming they get by SMU. Almost has to be an SEC team.

Im a non-rabid bama fan, and now hope theres a chance for Aub, just keeping it it the Heart Of Dixie.

As a side note: Aub head coach is man of prayer/Christian, so Ive heard, not personally witnessed. And then there's Nick dropping F-bombs & MUCH more! Makes me wonder about that when thinking of the Ga game ender & now the Bama game.

Good luck to you and your team people...I hope civility will triumph in the end, Saturday two female fans went-at-it, one was fatally shot. Sad & just stupid.

Heck, there should be a Mizzou supporter on here screaming from high heaven that their team deserves a chance, and if they beat Auburn next week they will have had only one double-overtime loss. That's more impressive than OSU's season.

Well if MIZZOU does get by Aubun I will scream from high heaven. This is Ohio states toughest game by far this year. If they win, maybe they do deserve to be there. But the big 10 is definitely down this year, and Ohio states out of conference schedule is nothing to be proud of. Someone on ESPN said MIZZOU's out of conference schedule was too weak, maybe we should have scheduled someone other than a big 10 team. We did have the 1 loss, our starting QB was out for 3 weeks, not an excuse, every team has injuries, so that probably killed our chances, I understand. But I do think MIZZOU is a better team than OSU.

Heard a few new rumors that Lane Kiffin is being considered as a replacement Offensive Coordinator.

I think Mr. Foley's days as AD might wind up quicker than thought if Mushy makes that choice...

Excellent. I'd love to see Mizzou get a chance. Second year in the SEC, overlooked, earning respect, nobody saw them coming, love that. Lots to play for.

It's so tough to really hold a schedule against a team. Sure, a team could maaaaybe improve schedule strength with concerted effort, but after conference games you have 3 or 4 non-conference games to play with. Cross off one for a non-conference rival, and schools might have 2-3 discretionary games. Then you have to work around bye weeks, and all of the other influences (money, TV schedules, handshake deals, whatever helps your recruiting, maybe a patsy for resting players, etc).

Take a look at OSUs website and you will see that they have games scheduled into 2020. When they put Cincinnati on their schedule for next year and the year after, did they figure that they would be 9-2 this year? Plus they worked Va Tech and then Oklahoma in there. Looks like it will get tougher for them, but who knows? This affects all teams, so strength of schedule is certainly a factor, but really a variable that is difficult to weigh against a team too heavily.

I'm a loner in that I still don't want a playoff system. I think the system works for the most part, and it sure is fun to talk about how your team got royally screwed to carry you through the off-season.

WOW...Sour grapes do make a fine whine! :thumbsup:

That Michigan game was a great one.... if they played like that for the first part of the season you guys would be ranked a heck of a lot higher.

And snivel all ya want, Auburn had you 'Bama boys number and gave you all you could handle...Ya gotta admit the run back was sumthin' to witness!

You yahoos keep talkin' trash about the one sided game last year with ND- they were at best a 4th place as the top 3 teams were outta contention due to some "infractions".... :dopeslap:

And you Fla Criminoles gettin' a pass on your QB shenanigans, the Buckeyes woulda been drawn and quartered for just being accused of sumthin' But come on out, pay attention, and maybe learn a thing or two :rofl:

Now for you dim bulbs down south, I'm gonna explain this real slow so's ya get it....both the Rose Bowl AND the Championship game are being played out here in Pasadena, and as I've said all along....

GO BUCKEYES- SEE YA IN PASADENA :clap:

Don J :wave:

Disclaimer: my feeble attempt at humor, bring on the Buckeye trash talk, I can take it!

Well Duck, there's plenty if trash to go around, he,he.

There were thousands mourning at the church of Saban yesterday, hm! I guess he doesn't walk on water after all. No sleep loss here, it's football, not life (for me anyway).

ND last year, shouldn't have been there, the "pseudo" natl championship was SEC & Ga who was 5 yards from winning it.

But! I have a feeling the other team from bama is hungry and has momentum.

Either way, more great games this weekend. And then, basketball, yipee.....[sarc-off]

The look on Saban's face on Saturday night was priceless.

+1

Life can be cruel - one run back and Alabama goes from #1 to #4.

It also ended the talking heads' jabbering on that he could be the greatest college coach ever. I would guess that loss also dropped his value quite a bit in the coaching market.

Archived