IGNORED

THE 2013 College Football Thread...

Huzband

Now that we've had our appetite whetted for the upcoming season by Beemerboy, what say we get down to business. Let's start with the USA Today top ten.

1 Alabama (58) 0-0 1545

2 Ohio State (3) 0-0 1427

3 Oregon 0-0 1397

4 Stanford 0-0 1262

5 Georgia 0-0 1250

6 Texas A&M (1) 0-0 1215

7 South Carolina 0-0 1136

8 Clemson 0-0 1047

9 Louisville 0-0 1010

10 Florida

Will Bama three-peat? They have a better chance than anyone ever has.

Can OSU & Urban Meyer stay out of trouble? We'll see.

Oregon & Stanford? They'll have their own battle in the PAC-whatever. Not national contenders.

Georgia could be the fly in the SEC ointment. They were oh so close last year.

A&M? Manziel's head has been in too many places it doesn't belong. Good season, back to earth as it were.

South Carolina, specifically Jadeveon Clowney, could be another fly. Spurrier's too unpredictable to count out, & they could totally blow up the SEC.

Florida. Who knows. Muschamp could be mad enough to curry results, but I doubt they'll have bus tickets to Atlanta.

The above comments are, of course, only my opinion. I am by no means a prognosticator. But there is this. Five of the top ten are from the SEC. Whodda thunk?

As for the rest, bring your best. Oh, last years team leading into Miami is ranked 11th. Maybe about right for a change.

No matter what, this'll be a fun season, so let's get it on!

:lurk:

I have more to say when I get a minute, but I have never been a believer in Georgia. They always seem to me to be an "almost there" kind of team; like Pitt, UCLA, and my boys at Michigan, for instance.

When I say, "almost there", I'm not even thinking about anything on a national level. I mean even within their conferences. Ohio State owns the Big 10 and I can't remember the last time Pitt owned the Big lEast.

A&M? Manziel's head has been in too many places it doesn't belong. Good season, back to earth as it were.

All I know is that there are a whole lotta people breathing easier now that Manziel's in trouble.

Enjoy it while it last, Tide fans.....

Oh, and for you Michigan fans out there all I can say is this; today while running errands I saw a panhandler at a major intersection holding a sign asking for money. He also wore a Michigan T-shirt. A sign of things to come, no doubt. :P

Firefight911

Dems fuedin' words Beemerkid!

I'd be happy if we just beat Appalachian State, Ann Arbor Middle school, and OSU. That will be a winning season.

All I know is that there are a whole lotta people breathing easier now that Manziel's in trouble.

Enjoy it while it last, Tide fans.....

We always have. You?

Oh, and for you Michigan fans out there all I can say is this; today while running errands I saw a panhandler at a major intersection holding a sign asking for money. He also wore a Michigan T-shirt. A sign of things to come, no doubt

Does this have to do with college football, or Detroit?

Dems fuedin' words Beemerkid!

I'd be happy if we just beat Appalachian State, Ann Arbor Middle school, and OSU. That will be a winning season.

No offense intended, Michigan football is the only sports team I ultimately care about. I miss the old days when they were frequently ranked top 10 and teams feared to travel to Ann Arbor. Now, I'm sweating Appalachian State, too! :cry:

Believe 'bama to be the prohibitive fav to run the table. Ohio State may implode unless urban gets off the "star" system.

Sleeper pick is the SC gamecocks.

So Danny, you're not worried about the fact that last year's preseason favorite (USC) didn't even wind up in the top 25? Or the fact that Alabama hasn't ever won the title at the end of the season, when they were ranked number 1 at the beginning?

Just checking... :)

Oh, and for you Michigan fans out there all I can say is this; today while running errands I saw a panhandler at a major intersection holding a sign asking for money. He also wore a Michigan T-shirt. A sign of things to come, no doubt

Does this have to do with college football, or Detroit?

College football. I immediately thought of Beemerman2K when I saw the panhandler and Michigan's upcoming season. I suspect there are a lot of expectations in Lansing and Brady Hoke needs to deliver.

For the record, the University of Michigan is in Ann Arbor, the evil and wretched Michigan State, which is where Nick Saban once coached before he found redemption and went to Alabama, is based in Lansing, MI.

Not worried at all, Mr. pot stirrer. :grin:

I thought James said that's what this is for? :) Hi Danny!

That's exactly what it's for! :evil laugh:

For the record, the University of Michigan is in Ann Arbor, the evil and wretched Michigan State, which is where Nick Saban once coached before he found redemption and went to Alabama, is based in Lansing, MI.

Oooops. Geez....... :(

Firefight911
MSU will win the Big 10/11/12 or whatever it is this year.

That's right...

Go wash your mouth out with soap. Heathen!

MSU will win the Big 10/11/12 or whatever it is this year.

That's right...

Go wash your mouth out with soap. Heathen!

Yummm....

wish I'd done that years ago.

:wave:

FSU will win the ACC and beat Fleriduh by 3 touchdowns at least.

And that would make for a great championship game, Alabama and Florida State. I'd like to see the Seminoles return to the greatness they had under Bobby Bowden for a time, and I used to LOVE the SEC/ACC, Florida/Florida State, Miami/Florida State games. Colossal!

College football. I immediately thought of Beemerman2K when I saw the panhandler and Michigan's upcoming season. I suspect there are a lot of expectations in Lansing and Brady Hoke needs to deliver.

Whaddaya doing? Profiling James? You should poke in that stop and frisk thread till you get the sports stuff figured out.

Maybe you should put a new blade in that razor...

As for football...

UF/UA in the Georgia Dome, winner plays for all the marbles and the SEC wins it's eleventeenth championship in a row.

FSUCKS!!!

That is all.

And?

the rest will take care of itself.

UF will be fourth in SEC Least, only time they'll see the

Georgia Dome is on TV.

And that would make for a great championship game, Alabama and Florida State. I'd like to see the Seminoles return to the greatness they had under Bobby Bowden for a time, and I used to LOVE the SEC/ACC, Florida/Florida State, Miami/Florida State games. Colossal!

Amen.

Amen.

Bama would take apart Jimbo's team just like they took apart Brian's team last January. Trust me, it's a game you Criminole fans wouldn't want to see. :Cool:

Maybe.

But we sure enjoyed the last time "Bama and FSU played.

Let's see, who won that game?

Oh yeah, not the Crimson Elephants...

:P

Talk about the what ifs all you want to.

Now the motivation this year for the players at Alabama is huge.

Imagine knowing that in their storied history not once has

a preseason ranked #1 'Bama team won the title.

Not once.

FSU has.

Along with an NCAA record for consecutive bowl games.

And despite only playing for 66 years we rank 9th in W/L %.

But this year 'Bama has the bullseye and the weight of historic failures when in this position.

Will Nick handle it?

Will the players?

Will the fans?

Will every team want to be the team that dumped them into the also-rans?

We'll see.

Been a while since #1 at the start was #1 at the end.

FSU was the first in the BCS era.

If 'Bama does it it will be a tremendous feat, as we discovered.

My money sez, not this year.

Yer a few days late. Some chucklehead over on ADV already posted that one for me.

I saw it on FB, but figured I would take it easy on you.

Might be a good game if Fohnny Jootball is sober and the babysitters wake him up in time.

'Bama by 24 points.

Might be a good game if Fohnny Jootball is sober and the babysitters wake him up in time.

'Bama by 24 points.

24 might be a bit optimistic. After all, come the 3rd quarter the new recruits will be rotating in. :grin:

Probably.

I think their contracts say they get paid double if they don't play by the 3rd quarter.

Yep, it's in the Bowden clause

Matt my friend, you have been on roll, seriously, from the fairy wings to the last post and all others this "season", i've been laughing my ass off.

Matt my friend, you have been on roll, seriously, from the fairy wings to the last post and all others this "season", i've been laughing my ass off.

Our HS, where my daughters graduated from, is on national TV three times this year.

Who woodathunkit?

FSU names redshirt freshman Jameis Winston starting QB.

#1 HS QB from the year before last.

Go Noles!

Our HS, where my daughters graduated from, is on national TV three times this year.

Who woodathunkit?

America's Most Wanted?

Well, they did win state championship and send a boatload to D 1 schools, but fortunately not 'Bama, so no AMW.

Well, they did win state championship and send a boatload to D 1 schools, but fortunately not 'Bama, so no AMW.

I hear they're looking at a 9-2 season, 9 arrests, 2 convictions :rofl:

I hear they're looking at a 9-2 season, 9 arrests, 2 convictions :rofl:

:rofl:

The trash talk has been particularly great this season. Luvin' it1

130814095918-081913-ohio-state-braxton-miller-single-image-cut.jpg

Interesting......not one mention of the #2 Buckeyes......you boys go on about your SEC cupcake schedule- we'll be waiting for you in Pasadena!

Don J :wave:

SEC cupcake schedule?

My Tigers play 20 TCU, 10 UF, 7 TAMU, 5 UGA and 1 BAMA. We should end up playing 6 SC in the SEC Championship.

Now tell me about that OSU schedule...

That's why when we play the Buckeyes in the BCS Championship they will go home disappointed at the hands of the SEC - again...

OK truth is we are going to be better than expected but with losing 13 to the draft and facing this schedule I think we could be looking at a 4 loss season for the first time in years.

Should be a fun season. BTW I like the fact that our Aggie inmate is focused on BAMA, and overlooking the real threat of traveling to BTR and Death Valley.

Archived