IGNORED

THE 2013 College Football Thread...

Huzband

Real class keeping the starting qb in just to pad stats & numbers. Real class. Disappointed.gif

Aways a risky thing to do, though. That QB gets hurt and there's gonna be hell to pay for that coach. He will have to explain to the world why he kept that QB in the game.

Real class keeping the starting qb in just to pad stats & numbers. Real class. Disappointed.gif

Aways a risky thing to do, though. That QB gets hurt and there's gonna be hell to pay for that coach. He will have to explain to the world why he kept that QB in the game.

For reference, McCarron was pulled with 5'ish left in the second. 12/13 for 166 & four tds. The one incompletion was a drop by a true freshman. Saban knows a bit more about bringing up the underclassmen than Jimbo. But that's no surprise.

Tennessee takes Georgia to O/T? Wow.

Dawgs on a field goal. They have no defense, & they have no running backs for the foreseeable future. I ain't skeered no more.

Saban knows a bit more about bringing up the underclassmen than Jimbo. But that's no surprise.

That's funny. Winston is a red-shirt freshman. That may not be considered an underclassman at Alabama, but everywhere else it is. The 'Noles played their second team for the 4th quarter, and didn't pass on 1st or 2nd down.

You're right in the fact that FSU is not in 'Bama's shoes. So I think that even an Alabama fan can understand why an up and coming team like the 'Noles would play their QB for a bit longer. He sits next week waiting on #3 Clemson, and he sat after the first play of the 4thQ, so I don't know what you are upset about.

Unless it's the fact that Jimbo recruited him out of Alabama right out of Saban's hands.

Maybe Jimbo knows a few things after all.

I'm not upset. Just pointing out a long time trait of FSU. Run up the score hoping it'll impress the voters.

BTW, what was the score at that first play of the 4th quarter? Were they afeared of a comeback? :Cool:

Impress who? Heisman voters maybe, but not the BCS computers. It doesn't work like that. I'm fairly comfortable that getting continued game experience for Winston, which includes playing and thinking well late into a game, is a more factual motivation. Jimbo wasn't the coach when point differential was a factor.

Damn, looks like N'Wstrn is tiring.

Man I hope Northwestern keeps this up against Meyer.

:clap:

18 in a row, still undefeated.

Go Buckeyes

See you guys in Pasadena!

Don J :wave:

[quote=Jake

That's funny. Winston is a red-shirt freshman. That may not be considered an underclassman at Alabama, but everywhere else it is. The 'Noles played their second team for the 4th quarter, and didn't pass on 1st or 2nd down.

Meh, the SemiHoles are all under class, man....

Gators did what they needed to do, and the Dawgs got it done in OT which really surprised me.

If George Wallace had made the presidency, we wouldn't be having these problems. :grin:

But I digress. Georgia's toast. Even the Gators can beat them now. :rofl:

As for the criminoles...go Tigers!

If George Wallace had made the presidency, we wouldn't be having these problems. :grin:

But I digress. Georgia's toast. Even the Gators can beat them now. :rofl:

As for the criminoles...go Tigers!

GA Injuries... damn shame to see, especially since we've a torn ACL in the family now...

Think I will go shopping tomorrow

st-shirt.jpg

I guess it was "class" when AJ Mc as Bama QB played entire game vs U Mich despite 31-7 halftime.

Or at 35-0 vs Auburn AJ throwing td pass in the 3rd in a 49-0 game.

Or vs Mizzou with a 25 point lead in the 4th that grew to 32 points, played the whole game.

Or back in '11 when he threw TD pass in the 4th qtr up 27-0

vs VAndy.

Or, and more comparable to Jameis Winston, back in 2010 when AJ was younger and a back up throwing td pass on Ga St up 42-7 in the 3rd qtr.

Class seems to depend on which team does it?

Comparing a Sr QB with a 24-2 record as a starter and who has won conference and national titles to a 19 y.o.redshirt Fr playing 5 extra minutes in his 5th start, thanks.

Realistically, going to Clemson w/their experience and explosiveness will be very difficult to win.

I think we can if D play continues to improve.

Go Noles!

Matt,

I was at the

game.

Hard to forget.

An entire defense insulting their opponent by laying down and allowing a score so the gator qb had a chance to set an individual NCAA record.

Listen to the gator coach complain about his punt returner scoring a td on a return so they

"didn't have any choice."

Same with gator QB Doug Johnson intentionall throwing ball trying to hit Bobby Bowden.

I watched equipment boy give qb the football as Johnson looked around the midfield scuffle, find BB, and then uncork a deliberate effort to hurt him.

Hit an asst coach in the head instead.

Johnson denied, then later apologized.

For the record, Nixon was President.

:lurk:

"someone" has very sour grapes it seems...

I think it may be a while for the tallywhackers to find their way to a new dynasty as they won't be able to canonize this guy no matter what. St. Jimbo just won't do for a sports legacy...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tim, throwing darts at your opponents from years past doesn't add to your credibility.

FSU has a two loss season looming. With some confidence, maybe three.

Excuse me.

The darts came our way first, from you guys.

Credibility?

You knock sound football.

Apparently those who know agree with Jimbo and FSU.

Jameis Winston named the Walter Camp National Player of the Week

for his performance.

Explain how your throwing darts adds to yours?

Or is there a time limit on class?

This week begins the stretch that determines if Florida loses

3 games this year, or 5.

Or if they pull off a minor miracle and run the table.

Their schedule is much tougher than 'Bama's.

Good God man...

You take a ribbing and some banter and make a federal case out of it. Whine away boys, I'm done in here for a while.

You southern boys crack me up......all this trash talk for what amounts to who's gonna finish in second place....

Settle it among yourselves, we'll be waiting in Pasadena !

GO BUCKEYES!

Don J :wave:

Taking my youngest Daughter on round one of college tours. She's meeting me in Chicago as I will be there on biz. Picking her up at O'Hare, and heading straight over to Northwestern (Hey Raaaaaan!). Then hitting the road, heading on an easterly direction over to Ann Arbor for a day at Meeeechigan. (Yo Mitch!) Then we will get on I-94, and for a just a millisecond the car will realize that it is pointed toward Columbus. At that point, the ABS will kick in, caroming the car straight to DTW where we will board a plane, and get the heck outta there. Daughter #1 lives in Columbus, graduated from OSU, married a young man who became a State Trooper, and I'm damned proud of them both. But ain't no way my little girl's Daddy is going to send another one through that godforsaken place!

funny-Ohio-astronauts-leaving-earth.jpg

That was for you Matt. Just a little smirk, that's all I want.

C'mon now.

Thanks Jake.

Now that we've used small words and short sentences for the big 10 folks in the crowd...

Go Gators!!!

Now that we've used small words and short sentences for the big 10 folks in the crowd...

Hey wait a minute, that's me starting next year! (Terps move to the Big xx in 2014, stupidest thing I have seen in the whole realignment process. They've been an ACC school my entire life and I love ACC basketball and now they're moving to the Big 10?)

Where's that banging head against a brick wall smiley? Oh yeah, he's over on ADV.

It's ok Glenn.

My school didn't even have a football program when I was going there in the 90s. But now, the Salukis of SIUC are playing in a conference I think even a Big East team to dominate.

Go Gators!!!

Matt's on a roll here. That "little sisters of the poor" comment was cute. I thought in my heart, "Well, Michigan would probably win by a field goal in the waning minutes of the game" :smirk:

I don't believe in the idea of Karma, but there certainly seems to be a lot of that in college football. Michigan and Florida will meet someday in some key contest and the underdog will humiliate the dominant team. Happens all the time in this game.

So go ahead, kick us around. We might cry, but we'll be back :cry::grin:

Go Gators!!!

Matt's on a roll here. That "little sisters of the poor" comment was cute. I thought in my heart, "Well, Michigan would probably win by a field goal in the waning minutes of the game" :smirk:

I don't believe in the idea of Karma, but there certainly seems to be a lot of that in college football. Michigan and Florida will meet someday in some key contest and the underdog will humiliate the dominant team. Happens all the time in this game.

So go ahead, kick us around. We might cry, but we'll be back :cry::grin:

Actually I stole that line from LtlJohn, but is sure seems appropriate smack to talk.

I have a lot of family in MI, so ragging on my stepsisters that both went to MSU is worthwhile when all they can muster is a weakwilled "SpartyOn!"

James, I'm sure we'll meet someplace in a bowl game, likely the Outback bowl in which the Pig 10 thinks they have accomplished something by getting to a bowl game that's actually televised on the weekend(!) and UF will consider it an insult to not be playing for the championship and will halfheartedly play the game to get TV money for the baseball, volleyball and basketball programs...

:rofl::wave::grin:

James, I'm sure we'll meet someplace in a bowl game, likely the Outback bowl in which the Pig 10 thinks they have accomplished something by getting to a bowl game that's actually televised on the weekend(!) and UF will consider it an insult to not be playing for the championship and will halfheartedly play the game to get TV money for the baseball, volleyball and basketball programs...

:rofl::wave::grin:

...and we will "party like it's 1999"! :thumbsup:

While we're grousing about our teams & the slack of schedules, this should keep things in perspective. Not mentioned in the linked article, but he's had multiple seizures during practice & games this year. Prayers to him, his family, & his players.

BREAKING NEWS:

Michigan sucks big time.

OK, back to regularly scheduled smack talk :smirk:

BTW: How is Johnny Manziel? Just saw a highlight where he's grabbing his left knee at the end of a play.

BREAKING NEWS:

Michigan sucks big time.

BTW: How is Johnny Manziel? Just saw a highlight where he's grabbing his left knee at the end of a play.

manziel back in game A&M just scored. caught Q4 and OT's of PSU/Mich. Helluva ending.

BREAKING NEWS:

Michigan sucks big time.

The decline of another season begins.

They suck so bad! No follow through and no finish.

Sammy Watkins 40 Time

Avg 4.47

Rated number 1 out of 406 WR's

LaMarcus Joyner 40 Time

Avg 4.52

Rated number 1 out of 131 FS's

FSU lost the last 5 of 5 in Death Valley.

It's gonna be a fun one!

Va Tech stumbles through 6 straight wins (against unranked teams) after losing their first game to Alabama.

ACC is getting a smidgeon of respect with three teams in top 10 plus VT at 19.

What an amazing weekend:

#8 Louisville went down to an unranked opponent. I was going to ask why this top 10 team has yet to even be mentioned in this thread)

#15 Georgia went down to an unranked opponent

#11 South Carolina went down to an unranked opponent

#20 Washington went down to an unranked opponent

#6 LSU went down to an unranked opponent

Stanford popped UCLA's dream season

#24 Auburn over the #7 Aggies--woah, baby!

#3 Clemson got a huge dose of top 10 reality.

What a day! 4 of the top 10 teams got beat today. Wow.

(Michigan allows Indiana to score 47 points on their defense, yet they "celebrate a victory". Sheesh, disgusting performance, and it's only going to get more painful from here)

Go Tigers!

Go?

They evacuated!

:rofl:

Clemson, LSU, Auburn, Grambling, and, oh yeah, Detroit Tigers all fall to your curse and Mizzou Tigers show the SEC East the rest are playing for second place.

Big thanks.

:wave:

Hi Tim. :wave:

BTW, what's tomorrow? Thump daaaeeeeyyyyyy!!!! :grin:

It sure was.

RTR!

Most points ever by an opponent at Death Valley.

Seems like the SEC found out that most of the teams don't have any D.

'Bama rolls Gators do what gators do.

:grin:

Hmm....

Oh Beemerman, I mentioned Louisville early on and was surprised they lost a game. I thought they would run the table and spoiler.

3chief-osceola-and-renegade.jpg

GO NOLES!

It was a bad day picking games in the house...

The Gators were plague by the same mistakes they've made all season, every time they start to see some daylight they stomp on their own cranks. Sad. Will M. may just wind up on the hot seat if he's not careful.

FSUCKS looked flawless against Clemsdumb. What a rout.

Congo rats to Mizzou it'll be fun to watch them and Alamabamastan play for the championship in the ATL.

What an amazing weekend:

#8 Louisville went down to an unranked opponent. I was going to ask why this top 10 team has yet to even be mentioned in this thread)

(Michigan allows Indiana to score 47 points on their defense, yet they "celebrate a victory". Sheesh, disgusting performance, and it's only going to get more painful from here)

This points out how little rankings really mean.

What an amazing weekend:

This points out how little rankings really mean.

Remember Notre Dumb? Nobody else does either.

And i think it is 5 of the top 10 dropping from the graphic shown during FSU's rout.

If the Maize & Blue don't get some defense, "The Game" is gonna suck.

Archived