IGNORED

THE 2013 College Football Thread...

Huzband

Well Nick got what he wanted, leverage to bamboozle 'Bama.

:grin:

I guess the missus realized almost no one looks good in burnt orange.

:lurk:

In Minutes..........

Kick off of the Army-Navy Game. Needless to say you all know who I am rooting for Although the odds seem to be against them this year.

3 years too late...

next.

I think Mushie still has his Texas clothes, could save some money

and allow the Gators to look for a real coach.

:wave:

3 years too late...

next.

I think Mushie still has his Texas clothes, could save some money

and allow the Gators to look for a real coach.

:wave:

I'm good either way...

• 2 weeks later...

Time this was resurrected.

UNC hangs one on Cincy.

Louisville is handing Miami their ass at the half.

Michigan takes on K. State later.

But next week is when it really gets good.

Gee, nice to see Michigan making a game of it. 31-6, K-State, with 2:35 to go. Hey, at least Michigan is consistent :smirk:

I had two things going for me during this game;

1 - I am at work so the chances of not having to see it were greatly increased,

2 - Yup, we got several calls that kept me from having to see it.

Ugh! I still thing we need to all meet up and go to the 2017 Florida/Michigan game!

To be fair to Michigan, their starting quarterback was out hurt for this game, and a freshman QB replaced him. At least this game didn't count for anything. Just one of those bowl games that exist to generate revenues for the schools, that's all.

Except for Georgia's brain fart today, (they still don't know how to manage a clock) the SEC is showing their strength in bowl games. I suppose if the ACC were having any success, we'd have heard from Tim & Jake by now. :grin:

But in their defense, they're just hoping HalfAssU beats Auburn so they can pretend the ACC invented college football. Never mind the SEC has won the last seven championships, & eight of the last ten. No, they brush that under the rug.

Edit; On a different note, it's a privilege to watch the 100th Rose Bowl game. The Granddaddy of them all, & I envy the players on both teams.

Nephew plays for Michigan State :clap:

and we're UCF alumni family so it was a great night of football.

Go Noles!

the 2nd best team in florida should now be ranked in the top 10. my daughters university played a helluva game but f'd up at the end.

for the record...i did not attend UCF but adopted the school back in the culpepper days. we are big time supporters and love the athletics.

i'm rooting for FSU.

Rose bowl was like a packers/bears game. loved it.

I suppose if the ACC were having any success, we'd have heard from Tim & Jake by now. :grin: >snip< But in their defense, they're just hoping HalfAssU beats Auburn so they can pretend the ACC invented college football. Never mind the SEC has won the last seven championships, & eight of the last ten. No, they brush that under the rug.

Oh, you'll hear from us win or lose, we're not going anywhere. I feel compelled to point out a bit of history while you wax poetic about the past. It wasn't that the ACC has ever or will ever do anything, but it was the dominance of Miami's and FSU's programs as Independents in the 80's and 90's that provided the blueprint for the SEC's successful run. I don't own one bit of ACC apparel, and really could care less about conferences. But for those who do, I think you can concede that FSU and the SEC have the same recruiting base. You should be sending your Holiday cards to Bowden and Schnellenberger.

Which makes what UCF did last night all the more impressive, and I see them repeating the feat again real soon. Second largest school in the nation in terms of student enrollment, and on their way to become the largest at the rate they are growing. Florida football is stronger than Texas football, so that state might as well just accept it. That said, my nephew graduated from U of North Texas, so I admit being real happy for the Mean Green's win yesterday. Daughter and Son in Law are Ohio State grads, but this Michigan native must hold the line and root for Clemson tomorrow. 5 nieces and nepwhews are all MSU grads living in E. Lansing, so real happy for Sparty. Love that team and how many times they've played the spoiler.

Agnostic on Bama tonight, even though a Tide win makes Auburn look better, which will in turn make the 'Noles look better when they whomp the Tigers.

Naaah, I'm pulling for Oky! Can't wait to see Saban's mug if they lose. Yes, if. That's a show of support.. :/

31-17?! This is Oklahoma, people, the so-so nice team of the former great conference, the Big 12. They're really not that good a team.

OK, maybe AJ McCarron is too busy thinking about his NFL contract and his mind isn't really on the game right now. Maybe he's working his make up letter to his girlfriend through his mind and therefore he's a bit distracted. Hopefully, Saban can get his mind back in the game at the half.

Sheesh, kids today!

31-17?! This is Oklahoma, people, the so-so nice team of the former great conference, the Big 12. They're really not that good a team.

Good enough to be in the Sugar Bowl.

It's why they play the game.

Prognostication is cheap.

I'm stunned.

Clearly Oklahoma played a great game. Bama just couldn't finish the season.

Again, I'm stunned. I have nothing else. :P

Edit; I don't care about the Heisman, A.J. McCarron is the best QB in the country.

The Heisman is just a trophy. I think he will have a nice pro career. I was really impressed with how he extended a lot of plays. Its a shame about all the turnovers. I'm sure that Bama's left tackle didn't sleep very well last night.

People are still talking like it was a fluke. Bama got out-played, even better, they got out-coached. Bob Stoops came loaded for bear, and he took home a big one. He also sent a little subtle/in your face message at the end, did ya get it?

A good old fashioned

Butt-wooping!
I'm stunned.

Clearly Oklahoma played a great game. Bama just couldn't finish the season.

Again, I'm stunned. I have nothing else. :P

Edit; I don't care about the Heisman, A.J. McCarron is the best QB in the country.

Perhaps, but there are several schools where he wouldn't even start...

FSU, Louisville, Texas A&M, Baylor, are a few that come to mind.

Oklahoma showed a lot of talent but seemed very undisciplined at times.

Go Noles!

OK, so much for Alabama, moving on...

Are you seeing red? I noted that teams with a red or red-like color in their uniforms were exceedingly well represented in bowl games this year, many times playing each other. Will Clemson and their shocking shade of orange feel at home in the Orange Bowl?

Teams with Red in Bowls This Year:

Washington State

USC

Fresno State

UL-Lafayette

Bowling Green

Northern Illinois

Maryland

Rutgers

Cincinnati

Louisville

Ole Miss

Texas Tech

Arizona

Boston College

Va Tech

Texas A&M

Nebraska

Georgia

UNLV

South Carolina

Wisconsin

Stanford

Oklahoma

Alabama

Ohio State

Houston

Arkansas State

Ball State

Florida State

Speaking of those Clemson Tigers, our BMWST spy was out on South Beach on New Year's Eve, and it looks like they all behaved and went home early. I wonder if they are going to try to pull off a version of the most stupid exciting 25 seconds in football at an away game. Prolly not, eh? At least they brought the busses.

2014-01-03%2011.46.41-S.jpg

I wish them well tonight, though Urban is fairly comfortable down here. I sure hope he doesn't punch anyone.

Buckeyes just went down in flames. It'll be interesting to see the final rankings for the season when they come out.

Now it's up to Florida State. Auburn is going to be more than a handful, are the 'Noles up for the challenge? This will be the toughest game Florida State has played all season, and yet it may not be the toughest for Auburn. Hmmmm....

People are still talking like it was a fluke. Bama got out-played, even better, they got out-coached. Bob Stoops came loaded for bear, and he took home a big one. He also sent a little subtle/in your face message at the end, did ya get it?

A good old fashioned

Butt-wooping!

Stoops Troops were playing really well tonight and I still remember what Bob did for UF's defense in the 90s before he went to OU.

It was a good game.

I was watching the A&M Game with the new neighbors and thought Duke had it done. What a finish!

Thank you ESPN for putting Nick Saban on my TV tonight for my listening displeasure. Danny, I don't know how you pulled that one off, but good one!

Go 'Noles.

florida-state-university-automatically-imported-flags-football-fs-x-auto-00345smd.jpg

Squeaker is right. I think Jimbo took the momentum changing fake-punt play from Bobby's playbook, and just in time. Without that, it was about to get real ugly. Auburn out-played FSU, but the 'Noles came through.

Congrats Timmy!

Happy Nole Year!

:clap:

Auburn played very well and obviously did a great job of changing tendencies and preparing to win the BCS championship.

Mixed feelings as 3 locals are playing for Auburn and Ray (caught 50 yard TD pass) is one of them.

Fitting end to BCS.

We were in first one and lost (starting QB out w/broken neck)

to a good Tennessee team that we should've beaten.

Now we were in the last one and beat a great Auburn team that perhaps we shouldn't have.

With 'Bama finishing outside of the top 5, FSU's string of 14 consecutive years in the top 5 still stands as the best run

for FBS.

Next year PLAYOFFS baby!

More hope for more teams and fans.

Should be great if E(SEC)PN doesn't mess it up.

:grin:

So Bama is to interview Lane Kiffin for offensive coordinator. If that isn't offensive enough, it begs the question; where's Kirby Smart going? :P

• 1 month later...
He is waiting to cheer for Saban's other new rule.

No returns of missed field goals :P

Salt, meet wound... :rofl:

But it is about trash talking, and Tim's team earned him the Top Dog status.

Archived