IGNORED

THE 2013 College Football Thread...

Huzband

Just for fun, & looking for a band-aid for my heart, here's a monkey wrench in the works.

FSU loses to Duke.

OSU loses to MSU.

Auburn loses to Mizzou.

Then what, hmmmm?

Just speculatin'. It's college football, & anything is possible.

:lurk:

Long term contract at Alabama/about 5mil a year. No raise now for sure. Hope he can survive. :rofl:

Nick is right at 6 mil, so he needs all the love he can get. I've spent a lot of time in Tuscaloosa, & I can't imagine where he lives.

Just for fun, & looking for a band-aid for my heart, here's a monkey wrench in the works.

FSU loses to Duke.

OSU loses to MSU.

Auburn loses to Mizzou.

Then what, hmmmm?

Just speculatin'. It's college football, & anything is possible.

:lurk:

Bama would be back in. FSU may only drop to second, but Duke being 20th in BCS may cause a further drop. MSU and Mizzou should not play for the championship.

Get a funny link from your post.

So assuming Famous won't be charged (or something lesser)???

Tim, BTW...never in a million years could could i imagine our teams would meet in the ACC championship. I'll wish you good luck, but not sure you need it.

Brian,

Link is a press conference countdown.

After that I can post up.

Duke has had a great year.

No matter what happens a year to remember.

Go Noles~!

A friend had a pretty good theory last night. MSU beats OSU, Mizzou beats Auburn, FSU beats Duke. Bama's back in with FSU in the title game.

I like it, & it's highly feasible. :grin:

A friend had a pretty good theory last night. MSU beats OSU, Mizzou beats Auburn, FSU beats Duke. Bama's back in with FSU in the title game.

Possible, but unlikely. Mizzou jumps Alabama with a win, and the SEC champ goes to Pasadena in that scenario.

Possible, but unlikely. Mizzou jumps Alabama with a win, and the SEC champ goes to Pasadena in that scenario.

Long as it ain't Auburn!

Nice countdown Tim. ESPN bumped Ron Burgundy doing Sportcenter for this. I'd say I'm really upset by that, but I wouldn't want to diminish the importance of the investigation. Yes, I've heard a ton more than what has been written, but as my Mom always said "You don't know what you don't know." I will say, however, that this thread's participants have left the bait of speculating alone, and that is staying classy in my book.

Duke @ Florida State Saturday, 8:00 pm

OSU @ Michigan State Saturday, 8:00 pm

Cinderella @ Broadway Saturday, 8:00 pm

Guess where I will be? There better be a Best Dad Ever award in this. Just a little recognition is all I'm looking for here. A snide commment? Please, anything will do.

Jake,

I'll add my thanks to posters here for waiting and not

jumping into this maelstrom.

Thre are no winners in situations like this, but hopefully closure and a chance to move forward.

I have friend in the SA office and have had to refrain...

so back to regularlay scheduled programming.

Go Noles!

Any truth to the rumor Saban was playing golf at Barton Creek

Country Club today?

c9ef84b0-da9d-410d-9633-77bee5dfc061_saban-bevo.jpg

:wave:

see my previous thread. i agree.

'Bama already had a reparge w/the LSU rematch.

No dice, and if(when) Mizzou beats Auburn, they will be SEC (and Big 12 :grin: ) champs, entitled to represent the conference in the Sugar Bowl versus OSU.

So, Gus Malzahn walks into a bar and sees Nick Saban. He walks up to Saban and says, "Hey Nick. You got a second? I want to run something by you."

So, Gus Malzahn walks into a bar and sees Nick Saban. He walks up to Saban and says, "Hey Nick. You got a second? I want to run something by you."

:P

:rofl:

That's wrong, but funny!

Brilliant! :clap:

Go Buckeyes

Don J :wave:

Allow me to be the one to taste the humble pie.....my beloved Buckeyes have been beaten by the Spartans.

You guys played one heck of a game :thumbsup:

Don J :cry:

You're in good company, Mr Duck. Tim (tallman) is the only man left standing at this point.

Florida State v Auburn, eh? Should be a great one. Florida State's first real test :smirk:

To anyone who wants Bama(i saw the signs on GameDay), i bet you still do. You certainly dont want any of Auburn this year!

Good luck to my home-state rival, hope they bring it home.

Auburn gives FSU what for. Welcome to college football, SEC style. :Cool:

To be clear, I AM NOT rooting for those farmers from the plains. I'm just pulling for the SEC. FSU finally gets a game after Clemson, & they will also get their comeuppance.

I know it stinks for you Tim, but the Nat. Champ will once again be a one loss team from the SEC. :thumbsup:

That is what we heard when we played South Carolina in the Peach Bowl.

How'd that work out?

:wave:

If SEC football means having the 104th ranked pass defense (like Auburn), we're ready.

:dopeslap:

ncf_g_fisher_winston_b1_600.jpg

Really?

I knew Nick was going to Texas but I had no idea 'Bama was talking to Urban...

Whip,

So Mack Brown says he's "killing himself down here (Florida) recruiting".

Must be rough, glad I don't have to work that hard.

:P

Nick Saban Signs contract with Texas

The university has also figured out how to handle the delicate issue of Saban's responsibilities for the Longhorn Network, which some saw as an obstacle to the media-averse coach taking over at Texas. According to the source, the network will replace most of Brown's shows with reruns of "Walker, Texas Ranger." Saban will do one program each week in which he yells at Texas beat reporters for 30 minutes.

'Bama talkin' to Urban?????

Say it ain't so!

Nope, ya can't have 'im

Go Buckeyes!

Don J :wave:

Just heard 'Bama made contact with Terry Bowden who will bring Tommy with him.

Most likely name Bobby HCIW...

Scandal countdown in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Scandal countdown in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Y'all keep yankin' that chain. If that's all you have for entertainment, I feel for ya. :rofl:

Again at Publix this evening. Saw a shopper with a garnet & gold t-shirt that said on the front 'Title Bound".

Poor guy, gonna wish he'd opted for the "title GAME bound" option.

Wonder what kind of triple option defense FSWho has.

I got invited to a BCS Championship game party and I agreed to cook.

I'm gonna smoke a turkey for the party and call it "Bowden"

As I recall, the last Bowden trip through Alabama didn't work out so well. They're quite a bit smarter in Tuscaloosa than Auburn.

Keep yankin'. :Cool:

Terry was 47-14-1 at Auburn. (Including an 11-0 season in '93 the first unbeaten season since the '57 championship)

FSU w/Bobby beat Alabama last time we played them.

Sounds pretty good...

Did you notice the ACC players won 6 of the awards last night?

Pitts Aaron Donald, the ACC Defensive player of the Year won; Outland, Nagurski,Lombardi, Bednarik awards, BC's Andre Williams won the Doak Walker Award, FSU's Brian Stork won the Rimington award, Roberto Aguayo the Lou Groza Award, and Jameis Winston the Davey O'Brien award.

"Bama's AJ McCarron won the Maxwell Award for the only SEC winner.

Archived