IGNORED

THE 2013 College Football Thread...

Huzband

Dammit, I may wind up living near SAbAN?

Wouldn't that be poetic. :grin:

And you'd get first hand knowledge as Hell, or TU freezes over!

As per my Friday tradition during football season, I'm wearing a Bama shirt. Cashier guy at Publix asks me if I'm scared of us playing FSU. I didn't want to insult the young man by rolling on the floor in laughter, so I politely choked it back & said "why would I be? The game isn't scheduled yet. And if they get there, I won't be. But I hope it happens."

Kids these days. :rofl:

'Bama should destroy LSU as Saban tries to go out in a blaze of SEC glory before going to Texas.

:wave:

Yeah, yeah. Except for the Bama destroying LSU part. Can't argue with that.

263-48

last 5 games

yesterday defense allowed 7 completions and had 6 interceptions

28 points with only 4 offensive plays

O can dominate

D getting better every game and scoring points

Special Teams

kicker 74/75

everything running well

and still a month to improve

Could be a great year.

Go Noles!

As per my Friday tradition during football season, I'm wearing a Bama shirt. Cashier guy at Publix asks me if I'm scared of us playing FSU. I didn't want to insult the young man by rolling on the floor in laughter, so I politely choked it back & said "why would I be? The game isn't scheduled yet. And if they get there, I won't be. But I hope it happens."

You're right, that sure was presumptuous of your Publix Guy. I thought FSU was playing Ohio State in Pasadena this year.

I like it when the best from the ACC face off with the best of the SEC for the National Title--IF Michigan can't be in the picture, and they can't be :cry:

Too many great games between these 2 conferences from years gone by to not savor in the rivalry. If it's Florida State/Alabama, oh man, what a colossal game that's gonna be!

Can't believe Virginia Tech went to Miami and walked all over the 'Canes yesterday. That, for me, was the shocker of the day.

263-48

last 5 games

yesterday defense allowed 7 completions and had 6 interceptions

28 points with only 4 offensive plays

O can dominate

D getting better every game and scoring points

Special Teams

kicker 74/75

everything running well

and still a month to improve

Could be a great year.

Go Noles!

You're bragging about stats against Wake? Take what you can get I guess. :grin:

But hey, your guys beat Miami. Oh, wait. Miami got thumped yesterday my an unranked VT. So much for hanging your hat on beating an over ranked top 10 team. Looks to me like the only legitimate top 10 team y'all have beaten is Clemson. And if you're good with that, I am too.

I hope the Noles make it to Pasadena, as I truly believe FSU is the second best team in the country, & they deserve nothing short of playing the best for it all. It'll be a good learning experience for them. :rofl:

That aside, let's spare Matt & not mention the beat down that's coming Florida's way. I don't think I can watch. :P

You're right, that sure was presumptuous of your Publix Guy. I thought FSU was playing Ohio State in Pasadena this year.

Ahhh, who's scared of Bama now, hmmm? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I thought Michigan had that. Was watching the end during halftime of Bama, & I was greatly disappointed.

Us Wolverine fans come to expect certain things. The old, "I thought they had that," ranks right up there.

I thought Michigan had that. Was watching the end during halftime of Bama, & I was greatly disappointed.

Us Wolverine fans come to expect certain things. The old, "I thought they had that," ranks right up there.

:rofl:

How true it is!

Anyone else notice the huge disparities in this weeks rankings between the AP Poll and the BCS? Oregon, Baylor, Texas A&M, for instance.

In fact, looks like the BCS poll has Michigan poised to play Alabama for the National Championship! I agree with that call :grin:

How true it is!

You could hijack Florida's old slogan, "there's always next year." And there always was. Though they might be blowing the cobwebs off that one, I don't think there is a next year for them. Certainly not Muschamp.

I know! Muschamp goes to Texas, & Saban goes t...., naaaah, never happen. Besides, Matt's head would explode. :rofl:

[quote=beemerman2k

In fact, looks like the BCS poll has Michigan poised to play Alabama for the National Championship! I agree with that call :grin:

You really want to watch that game? ;)

[quote=beemerman2k

Good point :rofl:

It was bad enough on 9/1/12 in Dallas, TX.

[quote=beemerman2k

Sure! Why not? Michigan + bowl game = LOSS

Now, it could be good for some record book stats....or is that Guisness book stats? Either way, the historians would get confused as to whether it was a baseball team score for Michigan playing an Alabama basketball team score.

AND, a five dollar Vegas bet for Michigan could net you a millionaire in the upset......after the earthquake, lightning strike, rapture event, and hell freezing over.

[quote=beemerman2k

Sure! Why not? Michigan + bowl game = LOSS

Now, it could be good for some record book stats....or is that Guisness book stats? Either way, the historians would get confused as to whether it was a baseball team score for Michigan playing an Alabama basketball team score.

AND, a five dollar Vegas bet for Michigan could net you a millionaire in the upset......after the earthquake, lightning strike, rapture event, and hell freezing over.

You left out Bama missing their connecting flight. :rofl:

One more thing. Since 1988 Bama has played Blue in three bowl games, & lost two of them. There's still hope!!! :grin:

One more thing. Since 1988 Bama has played Blue in three bowl games, & lost two of them. There's still hope!!! :grin:

There sure were some great ones through the years.

The game I most remember was when Sean Alexander played for Alabama. My heart froze everytime he touched the ball. He was a Michigan heart attack waiting to happen as he could kill you dead at any moment.

He underacheieved in the NFL by comparison to his college career. Too bad as I don't think many people got to appreciate just how good he was.

The game I most remember was when Sean Alexander played for Alabama. My heart froze everytime he touched the ball. He was a Michigan heart attack waiting to happen as he could kill you dead at any moment.

He underacheieved in the NFL by comparison to his college career. Too bad as I don't think many people got to appreciate just how good he was.

He did have a short NFL career didn't he. Too bad he played for Seattle when they sucked. They still love him, though.

He did have a short NFL career didn't he. Too bad he played for Seattle when they sucked. They still love him, though.

Wasn't that another Madden Curse situation? :)

NFL MVP 2005 and leading rusher in Super Bowl XL (although Seattle did lose). There are a lot of college all-stars and Heisman Trophy winners who can't claim that much. Now I may be a Seattle fan, but he certainly can't be considered a failure in the NFL.

Mike Cassidy

Thank goodness we don't have a Pro Football thread. I can't even find any humor in the Dolphins situation.

Two yards. Two stinkin' rushing yards.

Almost worse than that is the fact that the player I most admire on the team is a Buckeye.

It could be raining.

I know! Muschamp goes to Texas, & Saban goes t...., naaaah, never happen. Besides, Matt's head would explode. :rofl:

Muschump came from TX, I don't think his Visa for entry has been renewed. I don't think he'd be allowed to emigrate back.

I don't think the UF faithful would accept Coach Beelzebubba even if he would go intraconference. My big fear is that Foley will grab at another pathetic coach for UF. I wonder what Charlie Weiss is doing these days?.

why not bring tebow back to coach the gators??? :lurk:

i'm only kidding :grin:

He is going to play QB for the Jaguars. LOL

thanks...and honestly...i could give a crap about who coaches the gators. altho, why not bring the 'ol ball coach back to wrap up his career.

Same thing I think... He's BTDT, why stay in the same conference?

lotsa good young coaches, but gators are going to need a proven fella from a large school. next year could be different if no injuries. mushcamp could be prom king if he turns things around, IF he is still employed next year.

Kiffin is available. :P

We could loan you boys down there Tressell.....sounds like you could use some real coachin'.....

Go Buckeyes

See ya in Pasadena

Don J :wave:

And I was thinking earlier tonight that there were no real upsets this weekend.

SUU 22 MSU(#9) 14 in Montana!

Go T-Birds (now 8-3 overall, 5-2 conference)

Held MSU to 19 yards in the first half and 38 yeards through the 3rd quarter, they average 470 a game!

18,000 people attended the game, well over twice the enrollment at SUU and 2/3 the population of Cedar City!

One game left at home to Northern Arizona (8-2, 6-1). Win and off to the playoffs, lose and it's complicated, a bad loss to UC Davis at home could be very costly if they win.

OK. I got it now. Duke's playin' some football.

Yeah, I watched the a good portion of their game last week against my NC State Wolfpack. It was pretty boring, so when I came back to it late in the second half, NC State went down the field and scored a touchdown to go ahead. Felt pretty good for a minute or two, until Duke marched back down to retake the lead. The next two NC State possessions ended with Pick 6's, and it looked like a blowout. Oh well, we've got three starting QB's in the NFL, so that's something...

Was at the NCST game. So if Duke wins the next two (Wake and UNC) they win the division, would have 10 wins, etc. The lucky winner of the Coastal Division gets to play the Noles for the ACC championship. Other than an extra game plus the bowl later on, i don't see Duke or Georgia Tech (has the tie breaker over Duke) putting too much hurt on FSU.

Honestly, don't see Duke winning both games. UNC will be tough. A decent bowl (2nd in a row), 9-11 wins and a nice turnaround in the program...can't get too greedy.

Now UCF...my adopted team. Season tix, etc. They are good, should win out and even with a loss hold the tie breaker over L-ville for the automatic BCS bid. Haven't been playing great lately, but good enough to win.

which is the smaller school???? ain't UCF.

Maybe lesser known is a better handle than enrollment size.

I just remember thinking that UCF was "nice little school" until Daunte Culpepper got known.

Dont miss the IRON BOWL, Nov 30 @ 2:30 on CBS.

Both Alabama AND Auburn have a "gateway" to the national championship. No doubt to SEC championship! EPIC!!

Archived